Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,608 members, 7,958,845 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 05:34 AM

Federal Doctors In Lagos Begin Solidarity Strike For Sacked Colleagues - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Federal Doctors In Lagos Begin Solidarity Strike For Sacked Colleagues (13753 Views)

How Sexual Abuse By Male Police Officers Fuels HIV Among Female Colleagues / Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues / UCH Doctors Suspend Strike For A Month (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Federal Doctors In Lagos Begin Solidarity Strike For Sacked Colleagues by chuks49(m): 10:27am On May 18, 2012
Blackmail!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Federal Doctors In Lagos Begin Solidarity Strike For Sacked Colleagues by Nobody: 10:27am On May 18, 2012
Mr. Globe:
Its about time these Nigerian doctors know they are not Gods. If the UN comes in and ask them why they are striking what will they say? You have govt house, good pay and you want more or else you will live people to die and you say you are humanitarian! F/cking sadist. I stand with Fashola 101% on this. These doctors can go to hell for all I care. Employ more willing doctors afterall some countries are managing well with lesser doctors/Nurses/Health workers. [b]Nigerian doctors are overrated with their quackness. [/b]They need to be put in their place. This is f/king annoying

grin grin grin grin Bros you harsh o cheesy honestly,doctors can be very arrogant at times.
Re: Federal Doctors In Lagos Begin Solidarity Strike For Sacked Colleagues by Nobody: 10:28am On May 18, 2012
Wetin concern agbero with overload?
Re: Federal Doctors In Lagos Begin Solidarity Strike For Sacked Colleagues by Omexonomy: 10:32am On May 18, 2012
Ibime:

Shut the hell up!

If you dont know how key Unions are to civil society and Governance, best remain quiet.

Where you around in the 90's when the Unions brought IBB's regime to standstill?
you ar very right the fear of the various union brougt us democracy from the millitary
Re: Federal Doctors In Lagos Begin Solidarity Strike For Sacked Colleagues by Ibadiarann(m): 10:32am On May 18, 2012
The Doctors are holding people to ransome. They have gone on so called solidarity strike at the expense of human lives. Salraies & wages can be paid in arears, but human lives once gone cannot be brought back. God will judge them all.
Re: Federal Doctors In Lagos Begin Solidarity Strike For Sacked Colleagues by cashcpt(m): 10:37am On May 18, 2012
More business for the private hospitals. Poor Nigerian masses wiLl suffer and have to pay more because the Action Governor will not back down for those callous doctors
Re: Federal Doctors In Lagos Begin Solidarity Strike For Sacked Colleagues by Nobody: 10:37am On May 18, 2012
Greedy Doctors, a Zap.i.n.g dentist collected 316,000 naira from me just for bleaching, fillage and crown. All they care about is money and not patients health, Thank God i didnt study medicine anymore. They toy with people's lives over selfish desires of increments
Re: Federal Doctors In Lagos Begin Solidarity Strike For Sacked Colleagues by phantom(m): 10:42am On May 18, 2012
O PLEASE ....YOU GUYS SHOULD STOP WHINING AND FLY YOUR RELATIONS ABROAD... grin grin....AND I BET YOU THIS WILL GO BEYOND LAGOS AND INVOLVE THE WHOLE COUNTRY IF HE INSISTS ON REMAINING MAD...

2 Likes

Re: Federal Doctors In Lagos Begin Solidarity Strike For Sacked Colleagues by Nobody: 10:44am On May 18, 2012
Another type of Fuel Subsidy war, we go see who go win for this one.
Re: Federal Doctors In Lagos Begin Solidarity Strike For Sacked Colleagues by Efizzi: 10:46am On May 18, 2012
SEE HOW THE NIGERIAN GOVERNMENT BOTH STATE AND FEDERAL JOKE WITH THE LIVES OF ITS CITIZENS...

THIS JUST GOES TO SHOW THAT ALL NIGERIANS ARE ON THEIR OWN....

THIS INVOLVES PEOPLE'S LIVES AND GOVERNMENT OUGHT TO TAKE THIS AS PRIORITY 1 DAMN IT...

THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE BTW THIS GOVERNMENT AND BOKO HARAM, JUST IMAGINE THE AMOUNT OF LIVES THAT WOULD BE LOST AS A RESULT OF THIS SO CALLED STRIKE..ISNT THAT EQUAL TO THE NUMBER OF LIVES BOKO HARAM TAKE EVERYDAY...

MAY GOD HELP US ALL.....
Re: Federal Doctors In Lagos Begin Solidarity Strike For Sacked Colleagues by phantom(m): 10:47am On May 18, 2012
LeoMax: Greedy Doctors, a Zap.i.n.g dentist collected 316,000 naira from me just for bleaching, fillage and crown. All they care about is money and not patients health, Thank God i didnt study medicine anymore. They toy with people's lives over selfish desires of increments
THE BOLDED EXPLAINS IT ALL... grin
what can i say...you guys are in for a rough patch....arm yourselves!you declared war on doctors (of all people)...now they are fighting back and you are screaming blue murder.... grin...afterall one man said during war you employ every strategy including starvation so please you guyz should chill...

2 Likes

Re: Federal Doctors In Lagos Begin Solidarity Strike For Sacked Colleagues by francis247(m): 10:52am On May 18, 2012
dem go sun join dem na! Na today? Dem no see say kontri hard and dis bad kondition don de turn wost?
Re: Federal Doctors In Lagos Begin Solidarity Strike For Sacked Colleagues by phantom(m): 10:54am On May 18, 2012
and the unfortunate thing is that by the time the dust settles everyone will realise that this whole saga happened because a government refused to honour a 3 year old agreement....
no wahala.. money no dey to pay docs but i hope say enough go dey to pay mortuary attendants because na corpses go flood lagos. angry

1 Like

Re: Federal Doctors In Lagos Begin Solidarity Strike For Sacked Colleagues by christ4kay: 10:55am On May 18, 2012
GboyegaD: There are better ways of showing solidarity than going on strike. Their profession has to do with lives as such, there is a need to weigh the pros and cons of their decisions. Fashola and his cohorts doesn't visit the government hospitals therefore, their decisions wouldn't hurt him. NMA should interfere and get Fashola reverse his silly decision through some form of negotiations. The guy has messed up big time and I hope he would be reasonable enough to correct his mistake.
since that ths only language they understand its better. As far as they don't patronize any of this hospitals let the public join the doctors then solutions will come. Wicked govt! Wicked governor! SHAME!!!!!!!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Federal Doctors In Lagos Begin Solidarity Strike For Sacked Colleagues by Ibadiarann(m): 10:57am On May 18, 2012
christ4kay: since that ths only language they understand its better. As far as they don't patronize any of this hospitals let the public join the doctors then solutions will come. Wicked govt! Wicked governor! SHAME!!!!!!!!!!!

Shame on the Doctors not the Governor.

1 Like

Re: Federal Doctors In Lagos Begin Solidarity Strike For Sacked Colleagues by Nobody: 10:59am On May 18, 2012
phantom:
THE BOLDED EXPLAINS IT ALL... grin
what can i say...you guys are in for a rough patch....arm yourselves!you declared war on doctors (of all people)...now they are fighting back and you are screaming blue murder.... grin...afterall one man said during war you employ every strategy including starvation so please you guyz should chill...
Whose side are you ? The bloody doctors who care how rich they could be instead of saving lives ? If they wanted silly enrichment, they were supposed to be in politics
Re: Federal Doctors In Lagos Begin Solidarity Strike For Sacked Colleagues by goldincome(m): 11:02am On May 18, 2012
Before I make my statement, can somebody tell me what doctors have done that are bad.
Can somebody tell me a better ways doctors would have resolved this without going on strike because the only thing that move govt in Nigeria is strike.

Lets not turn blind eye and blame doctors. Any body that died in the hospital because of this strike, the blood should be on LASG because they have enough time to stop this and they did nothing until doctors implemented the only thing that GOVT understands which is strike.

Lets face it, LASG are just wasting their time. Go to the LASG hospitals and come back to tell me what you observed.

I am a realist. Solution is recall the sacked doctors and continue negotiation. Don't promise what you can't fulfill.

3 Likes

Re: Federal Doctors In Lagos Begin Solidarity Strike For Sacked Colleagues by christ4kay: 11:02am On May 18, 2012
phantom: and the unfortunate thing is that by the time the dust settles everyone will realise that this whole saga happened because a government refused to honour a 3 year old agreement....
no wahala.. money no dey to pay docs but i hope say enough go dey to pay mortuary attendants because na corpses go flood lagos. angry
no money to pay doctors! But money dey to plant flowers!!! Since na Tinubu dey get the contracts!!!! Wicked govt! Wicked governor!!! SHAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Federal Doctors In Lagos Begin Solidarity Strike For Sacked Colleagues by Nobody: 11:08am On May 18, 2012
christ4kay: no money to pay doctors! But money dey to plant flowers!!! Since na Tinubu dey get the contracts!!!! Wicked govt! Wicked governor!!! SHAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Horticulture (flowering) is a budgeted expense ! There was no provision for their sudden desire on the budget. Why cant they simply treat patients and go on hunger strike, thats an option!
Re: Federal Doctors In Lagos Begin Solidarity Strike For Sacked Colleagues by MrGlobe(m): 11:09am On May 18, 2012
christ4kay: no money to pay doctors! But money dey to plant flowers!!! Since na Tinubu dey get the contracts!!!! Wicked govt! Wicked governor!!! SHAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
so make the, carry all the money wey dey Lagos state dash doctors? Wicked poster! Wicked people!!!!! Shame!!!!!!!
Re: Federal Doctors In Lagos Begin Solidarity Strike For Sacked Colleagues by Gaybriel: 11:11am On May 18, 2012
I thought doctors are people who value human lives above money and other material things. Oh, how wrong i was! I thought the first principle in medicine is to value human lives FIRST but i was wrong. I'm beginning to dislike the doctors in Nigeria. They have forgotten the essence of their profession. If they continue to whine what do they want the military personnel to do which believe in obey the last order. If you think you are a doctor then know also that the governor is a lawyer! It will be difficult to win him on constitutional ground. The doctors working for the FG are the most foolish for their solidarity strike.
Re: Federal Doctors In Lagos Begin Solidarity Strike For Sacked Colleagues by stagger: 11:13am On May 18, 2012
Why doesn't Fashola sack all the striking doctors so we know Lagos state has no more doctors? Afterall, did anyone force him to sign agreement when he was looking for votes?

Now he has got the votes, he cannot fulfill what he signed with the doctors. Maybe he should go to the hospitals, and treat the patients himself.

All these governors sef. Na God go judge all of them.

2 Likes

Re: Federal Doctors In Lagos Begin Solidarity Strike For Sacked Colleagues by helpee(m): 11:14am On May 18, 2012
I don't pity the poor masses with the senseless comments being posted here. So,the doctors are callous for demanding their right while fashola is an action governor for breaking a 3yr old agrreement. Let both the FG and LASG go ahead to import new doctors from abroad. If the masses are tired of the strike and they can't talk to their proud governor they should turn to the willing hands of oko oloyun and co.

2 Likes

Re: Federal Doctors In Lagos Begin Solidarity Strike For Sacked Colleagues by Nobody: 11:15am On May 18, 2012
yeah, medicine is a vow of poverty - the reward of doctors is in heaven

doctors should work patiently and steadfastly,

all those years in school, all that sacrifice, all that training so that they can lie a life of penury

this from the same people who are up in arms whenever airtel tries to sack contract workers
Re: Federal Doctors In Lagos Begin Solidarity Strike For Sacked Colleagues by Ofido(m): 11:15am On May 18, 2012
I believe we have all seen wat the Inhuman government lead by Tinubu and his brother Fashonyeara ve caused eehhh?... Very soon now ther wil say PDP this PDP that

1 Like

Re: Federal Doctors In Lagos Begin Solidarity Strike For Sacked Colleagues by Nobody: 11:17am On May 18, 2012
phantom: and the unfortunate thing is that by the time the dust settles everyone will realise that this whole saga happened because a government refused to honour a 3 year old agreement....

Bros abeg go siddon for gutter with this your unwanted explanation. . .Do you mind telling us how much you currently earn as a doctor and we compare it with what is obtainable in the same civil service in relation to other occupation ? Why is it doctors alone ? People are just sick and tired of your every now and then strikes.It's not about doctors and lagos government again,it's about Doctors vs lagosians. angry

2 Likes

Re: Federal Doctors In Lagos Begin Solidarity Strike For Sacked Colleagues by naijaworkz(m): 11:21am On May 18, 2012
No union will allow her members 2be sacked just for embarking on strike. Rem UNIILORIN lecturers & ASUU. D issue here is not that they are med doctors cos same could happen 2any profession but some pple here have buried their sense of reasoning & r attacking d doctors due 2inferiority complex or mere ignorance. We must all grow up.

1 Like

Re: Federal Doctors In Lagos Begin Solidarity Strike For Sacked Colleagues by mayorteeny: 11:22am On May 18, 2012
All you fools adjudicating in this matter in ignorance should just shut the Bleep up.
FYI lagos state doctors are probably the worse off in the country. They are terribly overworked, underequipped and underpaid (the LASG taxes them silly and does not even pay the minimum wage for doctors) states like Ekiti and Nassarawa who have nothing pay the minimum wage for doctors.

However this does not mean that all states should pay the CONMESS, BUT the lasg signed and agreed to pay it. Now 2yrs despite numerous entreaties the govt is refusing to pay, harassing the poor doctors with the police and u expect them to keep quiet?

In addition less than 1% of the doctors stay in govenment quarters and if you think it is for free you had better go see a shrink.

N.B. If you are a doctor in Nigeria you only have yourself to blame, get the Hell out of this country. The US alone has an annual shortfall of 200,000 doctors.

1 Like

Re: Federal Doctors In Lagos Begin Solidarity Strike For Sacked Colleagues by Nobody: 11:22am On May 18, 2012
oyb: yeah, medicine is a vow of poverty - the reward of doctors is in heaven

doctors should work patiently and steadfastly,

all those years in school, all that sacrifice, all that training so that they can lie a life of penury

this from the same people who are up in arms whenever airtel tries to sack contract workers

Doctors are not important than the police,soldiers and every others Nigerians that do hazardous jobs to keep Nigerians safe ! If farmers were government workers,i'm sure all of us would be dead by now !

1 Like

Re: Federal Doctors In Lagos Begin Solidarity Strike For Sacked Colleagues by wirewire(m): 11:23am On May 18, 2012
some of you dont know there is power in any organised union. so the fed have the right to go on a solidaritry strike.
Re: Federal Doctors In Lagos Begin Solidarity Strike For Sacked Colleagues by goldincome(m): 11:24am On May 18, 2012
Some of the people that are talking here cannot be patient like these sacked doctors.
For 3 years of promise, no fulfillment and you expect them to go and steal.

You had an agreement, and they asked you to fulfill the agreement and you sack them.

Fashola got this one wrong. A good leader should know when to own up and swallow his pride.

I know he will soon come back to his senses and recall the sacked doctors.

1 Like

Re: Federal Doctors In Lagos Begin Solidarity Strike For Sacked Colleagues by phantom(m): 11:25am On May 18, 2012
ITS A PITY THAT MOST OF THE POSTERS HERE DO NOT UNDERSTAND WHATS GOING ON....ALL THE STRIKES THAT THESE DOCS HAVE GONE ON FOR THE PAST THREE YEARS IS OVER [b]ONE [/b]THING.SINCE 2009 AN AGREEMENT HAS NOT BEEN HONOURED.HOW DIFFICULT IS THAT TO UNDERSTAND??
YOU COMPLAIN DOCS ARE HOLDING THE GOVT TO RANSOM MEANWHILE ITS THE DOCTORS WHO ARE BEING BLACKMAILED BY VIRTUE OF THEIR PFOFESSION.YOU TALK ABOUT PEOPLE DYING BECAUSE OF STRIKES IN THE HEALTH SECTOR YET YOU CONVENIENTLY FORGET THOSE WHO DIE IN ROAD ACCIDENTS BECAUSE ONE IDIOT SOMEHWRE HAS EMBEZELLED MONEY MEANT FOR ROAD REHAB.
WHAT OF THOSE WHO HAVE DIED BECAUSE OF FUEL EXPLOSIONS WHEN USING GENS COS YOUR GOVT CANT PROVIDE POWER.
WHAT OF THOSE WHO HAVE DIED IN THE HANDS OF ROBBERS COS YOUR GOVT CANT GUARANTEE SECURITY
WHO ARE YOU GOING TO HOLD RESPONSIBLE??OR IS IT BECAUSE YOUR HANDS CANT GET TO ABUJA SO YOU JUST ACCEPT IT?
DO YOU KNOW OUR HEALTH SYSTEM IS BASICALLY COMATOSE AND ITS BECAUSE OF THESE SAME DEMONISED DOCS THAT WE EVEN HAVE SOME FORM OF HEALTHCARE??
DO YOU KNOW KNOW HOW MANY PATIENTS HAVE BEEN SAVED BY BASIC LIFE SUPPORT BY DOCS WHEN IN CIVILISED SOCIETIES THERE IS A DEFIBRILLATOR AT EACH BEDSIDE
NIGERIANS REALLY DESERVE THIS VIOLATION THEY GET FROM THEIR LEADERS BECAUSE QUITE FRANKLY....THEY ARE ALL A BUNCH OF MORONS!!NO APOLOGIES!

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Governor Ganduje Destroys Illegal Drugs And Expired Food Items. Photos / My HIV Positive Journey. / Improving Your Chances Of Getting Pregnant With Self Fertility Massage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.