Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,036 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:13 AM

An Honest Question From A Somali - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / An Honest Question From A Somali (13367 Views)

You Nigerians Should Feel Honored Today Because A Somali Is Visiting Here / Nigerian Women, Would You Marry A Somali? / Why are EAST africans so delusional?-Question from a AA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Honest Question From A Somali by ayanle456: 6:21am On May 18, 2012
My dear friends. Today I am going against Somali traditions by intermixing with you lots in the form of a conversation. I refuse to believe that you all have a chip on your shoulder when it comes to Somalis. I also refuse to believe that you guys are all fraudsters and scammers. Some of you have come to the conclusion that Somalis/Ethiopians are racist. I would like to know why. I was especially disturbed that on your threads of 'whose the most beutiful people in africa' you exclude horn and north africans. I HOPE YOU CAN ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS WITHOUT YOU TELLING ME HOW HOT OUR WOMEN ARE.

ps. lets keep this civil.
Re: An Honest Question From A Somali by ayanle456: 7:44am On May 18, 2012
feel free to chime in
Re: An Honest Question From A Somali by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:45am On May 18, 2012
i have a grudge against Soomalis because you behave like slaves of arabs, you are over-islamic, you are pirates and you are very arrogant. .

and we did not exclude all North Africans. just the Egyptians, moors, berbers and mixed North Africans(Berber-Arab/Egyptian-Arab).

2 Likes

Re: An Honest Question From A Somali by ayanle456: 9:47am On May 18, 2012
in what way are we slave of arabs...lol....we were never enslaved by arabs...despite thousands of years of trading with them...we still have our our langauge and culture....as for religion...all people cling to their religion in times of uncertainty...

as for the arrogance....thats a somali trade mark...all rights are reserved smiley
PAGAN 9JA:
i have a grudge against Soomalis because you behave like slaves of arabs, you are over-islamic, you are pirates and you are very arrogant. .

and we did not exclude all North Africans. just the Egyptians, moors, berbers and mixed North Africans(Berber-Arab/Egyptian-Arab).
Re: An Honest Question From A Somali by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:09am On May 18, 2012
ayanle456: in what way are we slave of arabs...lol....we were never enslaved by arabs...despite thousands of years of trading with them...we still have our our langauge and culture....as for religion...all people cling to their religion in times of uncertainty...

as for the arrogance....thats a somali trade mark...all rights are reserved smiley

good. you are forgiven of arrogance. but by slave, i meant mentally enslaved. i know lots of Soomali who behave like arabs. and you lost your religion too. and most of your culture. (except for Dhanto).

1 Like

Re: An Honest Question From A Somali by ayanle456: 10:16am On May 18, 2012
uhm you do know that the majority of somalis live inland...they never encountered arabs...also arabs came from somalis...somalis are older than arabs... and ofcourse we accepted islam...and we practice it...what you fail to realize is arabs and somalis have the same culture...since our religion is a way of life...it creates the confines of our culture...since we traded for thousands of years we share some of the same culture...we still have our langauge. the only thing we share with arabs is religion. and some cultural practices...

i think africans are weary of africans having relations with foreigners. because africans encounter with foreingners ended in enslavement...arabs have helped somalia fight ethiopia...their soldiers died along side somalis...not only arabs...turks too are buried in somalia...

as for mental enslavement...it doesnt make sense...we still have our clan system that treats outsiders like second class citizens....we have our own langauge which is the national langauge...so how are we enslaved?
Re: An Honest Question From A Somali by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:29am On May 18, 2012
ayanle456: uhm you do know that the majority of somalis live inland...they never encountered arabs...also arabs came from somalis...somalis are older than arabs... and ofcourse we accepted islam...and we practice it...what you fail to realize is arabs and somalis have the same culture...since our religion is a way of life...it creates the confines of our culture...since we traded for thousands of years we share some of the same culture...we still have our langauge. the only thing we share with arabs is religion. and some cultural practices...

i think africans are weary of africans having relations with foreigners. because africans encounter with foreingners ended in enslavement...arabs have helped somalia fight ethiopia...their soldiers died along side somalis...not only arabs...turks too are buried in somalia...

as for mental enslavement...it doesnt make sense...we still have our clan system that treats outsiders like second class citizens....we have our own langauge which is the national langauge...so how are we enslaved?

live for sometime in the Gulf region. you will realise. . tongue

btw arabs are not descended from you/
Re: An Honest Question From A Somali by ayanle456: 10:31am On May 18, 2012
well humanity came from ethiopians and somalis...they came after us...thus they came from my testicals...and i am dammn proud...

smiley
Re: An Honest Question From A Somali by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:32am On May 18, 2012
ayanle456: well humanity came from ethiopians and somalis...they came after us...thus they came from my testicals...and i am dammn proud...

smiley

now[i] that[/i] is your arrogance speaking. WE CAME FROM APES! angry

1 Like

Re: An Honest Question From A Somali by ayanle456: 10:38am On May 18, 2012
well modern humans came from ethiopia/somali. Since were both related...i can take credit for all the people...especially the arabs who live 20 miles off our coastland...am damnn proud... lol...

if u think u came from an ape....thats your choice...but i wouldnt say that outloud...considering...the similarities and all smiley
Re: An Honest Question From A Somali by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:47am On May 18, 2012
ayanle456: well modern humans came from ethiopia/somali. Since were both related...i can take credit for all the people...especially the arabs who live 20 miles off our coastland...am damnn proud... lol...

if u think u came from an ape....thats your choice...but i wouldnt say that outloud...considering...the similarities and all smiley

what prrof you have that we came from Ethiopia. i dont believe that fairytale of adam and peeve. you can tell that to your kids. .

1 Like

Re: An Honest Question From A Somali by ayanle456: 10:52am On May 18, 2012
uhm its actually scientific evidence...that according to dna markers. anthropologist can show which groups are related and how they diverged away from each other and at which time period they did.

even without science you can tell that horn africans are what links afrians to the rest of the world. notice how somalis/ethiopians have all the characteristics of arabs,africans,whites.
Re: An Honest Question From A Somali by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:20am On May 18, 2012
ayanle456: uhm its actually scientific evidence...that according to dna markers. anthropologist can show which groups are related and how they diverged away from each other and at which time period they did.

even without science you can tell that horn africans are what links afrians to the rest of the world. notice how somalis/ethiopians have all the characteristics of arabs,africans,whites.

why dont you have Chinese features lol grin
Re: An Honest Question From A Somali by ayanle456: 11:44am On May 18, 2012
i said african, arab, and whites....we have features from those groups...anyway...
have you changed your perception on somalis...or do you still envy us.

smiley
Re: An Honest Question From A Somali by Nobody: 11:53am On May 18, 2012
I really long to have a taste of a somali girl. We just love adding them to the s*xual menu.
Re: An Honest Question From A Somali by ayanle456: 11:59am On May 18, 2012
mbatuku2: I really long to have a taste of a somali girl. We just love adding them to the s*xual menu.

i understand your pain...from what i hear...its a social status for you to even have a somali friend of the opposite sex...a forbiden fruit. well i guess i cant blame you for dreaming.
Re: An Honest Question From A Somali by PAGAN9JA(m): 12:14pm On May 18, 2012
ayanle456: i said african, arab, and whites....we have features from those groups...anyway...
have you changed your perception on somalis...or do you still envy us.

smiley

i dont believe that adam and peeve story one bit. Infact i am pretty sure we are descended from apes. strangely enough, the native monkey populations of different lands do share similar features with the indigenous people. Why else would Malaysian Orangutans have almond-shaped eyes and Japanese Macaqaues have similar features to Japanese aborigines (today the aborignes are nearly extinct) and same goes in other countries. However it does not mean that we are descended from these monkeys. we just share common ancestry.

as for the perception. hmm.. i still think you are pirates (it is true), arrogance cannot be helped so it is fine, you have lost your religion (which is bad) no wonder your country suffers from that shabab, you still have distinctive culture, it is ok.

but you should stop being so racist. Somali women are beautiful, but many are just light skinned and dont have beautiful elements at all. some have crooked faces. you must also understand that exterior beauty does not make someone a good person necessarily. remember, we are talking about a species once descended from apes. . cool

after all what use is beauty if the stomachs are empty

1 Like

Re: An Honest Question From A Somali by ayanle456: 12:19pm On May 18, 2012
you do realize that half of somalis are not in somalia and not facing starvation right? you also do realise that the famine is over right? and you do also realise that islam has been our religion for 1400 years right? you do realise that pirate is not a full time job? you do realise that their are two to three haundred pirates in the whole country right?

as for the our women having crooked face...i havent observed that. maybe it looks that way to u because you are comparing them to your women. wink
Re: An Honest Question From A Somali by PAGAN9JA(m): 12:22pm On May 18, 2012
how is this beautiful :

Re: An Honest Question From A Somali by ayanle456: 12:32pm On May 18, 2012
thats not even somali...look at that nose...that doesnt even look human..is it a west african albino?
Re: An Honest Question From A Somali by OdenigboAroli(m): 12:36pm On May 18, 2012
ayanle456:

i understand your pain...from what i hear...its a social status for you to even have a somali friend of the opposite sex...a forbiden fruit. well i guess i cant blame you for dreaming.

You are very insecure with a gigantic low self esteem! Please,leave and dont ever come back again! Our culture and traditions has no similarity with yours but you come here literaly begging us to accept some fairytale connection! Well, I have news for you; we see you as unintelligent,slaves to the arabs,uncivilized and an attention seeker! I have a somali friend named osman and he is very humble and well behaved. He always feel ashamed to talk about his country because of maniacs like you! And whats with this your women thats makes you talk like a weak fool? Nobody cares about your women and I never see somali woman as attractive. I will f.u.ck a brazilian before I lay my hands on a lineage who the almighty has marked for eternal destruction!!! I challenge you to stay away from this site if you DISAGREE WITH ME THAT SOMALI ISNT CURSED!!!
Re: An Honest Question From A Somali by ayanle456: 12:42pm On May 18, 2012
i see my intelectual command of the english language has shamed you into telling me to go away. The somali friend of yours whose humble isnt full somali...or maybe his from those small clans...i actually like this site...and as for me having low self esteem...i am offended...i thought my overbearing overconfidence personality was known on this forum....i guess i need to stick around so people can get to know me better...

shame your asking me to go away...i guess this is what happens when your superior in everyway.
Re: An Honest Question From A Somali by ayanle456: 12:44pm On May 18, 2012
you said i came here begging..looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool...

i never said we are related...loooool....i try to distance myself from you people...

i came here to find out why you worship us...if that is begging than your local schools have failed you. lmao shocked
Re: An Honest Question From A Somali by okwanuzo3(f): 1:00pm On May 18, 2012
ayanle456: you do realize that half of somalis are not in somalia and not facing starvation right? you also do realise that the famine is over right? and you do also realise that islam has been our religion for 1400 years right? you do realise that pirate is not a full time job? you do realise that their are two to three haundred pirates in the whole country right?

as for the our women having crooked face...i havent observed that. maybe it looks that way to u because you are comparing them to your women. wink

You don't consider this embarrassing?
Re: An Honest Question From A Somali by ayanle456: 1:07pm On May 18, 2012
no because somalis have historically lived in northern kenya..all of djibouti and half of ethiopia...so no...dont you find it embaresing your forefathers at the first sight of europeans sold their people to them. shocked
Re: An Honest Question From A Somali by okwanuzo3(f): 1:24pm On May 18, 2012
ayanle456: no because somalis have historically lived in northern kenya..all of djibouti and half of ethiopia...so no...dont you find it embaresing your forefathers at the first sight of europeans sold their people to them. shocked
lol
Re: An Honest Question From A Somali by ayanle456: 1:28pm On May 18, 2012
good to see you have a sense of humor...were gonna get along nice... lol wink
Re: An Honest Question From A Somali by PAGAN9JA(m): 1:33pm On May 18, 2012
ayanle456: thats not even somali...look at that nose...that doesnt even look human..is it a west african albino?

no that was the picture i got when i typed "Somali woman" in google. .

this is what was written:

This piece was inspired by the Somali women in my class when I was a teacher. I made it into a necklace at the request of the buyer but I prefer to remember this piece as it was.

so it proves that many Somali women believe they are not good looking. .
Re: An Honest Question From A Somali by ayanle456: 1:36pm On May 18, 2012
that big nose is probably a somali bantu albino...cause somalis dont have green eyes...and we are not that light...nor do we have a nose that big....
Re: An Honest Question From A Somali by ayanle456: 1:39pm On May 18, 2012
ok...it is made of clay and was molded by a somali person...i searched it in google. also saw tons of real somali girls who were hot...sad the ugliest picture you could find was one made of clay...lol
Re: An Honest Question From A Somali by morpheus24: 3:56pm On May 18, 2012
ayanle456: uhm its actually scientific evidence...that according to dna markers. anthropologist can show which groups are related and how they diverged away from each other and at which time period they did.

You really are quite daft.

What DNA markers are you refering to? Please elaborate. you come here after reading some dribble without truly understanding what it is you are talking about.

According to the Out of Africa theory (read it if you have time)the first set of human beings to leave Africa were people who lived 60,000 to 70,000 years ago. I highly doubt any of them looked any thing like an east African today.DNA is not phenotype you slowpoke. DNA indicates what path a population has taken through a time span.

Ps if these first migratory human populations looked anything like Somali's or ethiopians, then it would be near impossible for the below pics of black people outside of Africa to exhibit phenotypes outside of the somali/ethiopian range in which you are refering. to. North east Africans(ancient egyptians, Ethiopians, somali,berber) developed "insitu" physical adapatations inside of Africa with slight DNA flow from neighbouring border territories outside of Africa . These genotypes and phenotypes have appeared in Africa for millenia and are not unique to somali/ethiopinas which is why I posed the question of Fulani DNA vs Somali Y-DNA.

You really are a slowpoke you know.

Re: An Honest Question From A Somali by PAGAN9JA(m): 4:02pm On May 18, 2012
^^^^^^^^

umm just asking, why did you poost pictures of Indian Jarawa Tribespeople

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ogun: A Yoruba Word With Morethan 20 Meanings / Pictures From Obodoukwu Festival Held In Imo State / Ask Me Anything About Ethiopia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.