Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,920 members, 7,817,697 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:30 PM

Buhari's Comments Being Probed Live On AIT - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari's Comments Being Probed Live On AIT (12472 Views)

Report: NNPC top mgt to go, accounts to be probed-Daily Trust / Fear Of GMB!! Dieziani Maduekwe Absconds For Fear Of Being Probed / 19 Northern Governors Defend Buhari's Comments (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari's Comments Being Probed Live On AIT by pinkrex(m): 10:37am On May 18, 2012
Tune in now to watch the translation and transmission live
Re: Buhari's Comments Being Probed Live On AIT by pinkrex(m): 10:42am On May 18, 2012
That baba in Aso oke is not talking but making noise angry
Re: Buhari's Comments Being Probed Live On AIT by pinkrex(m): 10:45am On May 18, 2012
Is nobody watching this? Why hasn't this made the front page?
Re: Buhari's Comments Being Probed Live On AIT by tigerleggs(m): 11:02am On May 18, 2012
Damn! This Buhari man just lost my vote again.
Re: Buhari's Comments Being Probed Live On AIT by egift(m): 11:39am On May 18, 2012
tigerleggs: Damn! This Buhari man just lost my vote again.

How is that? But someone else is snatching ballots, killing, intimidating, bribing, bombing, kidnapping, funding terror, shooting, manipulating, stuffing pre-thumbprinted ballots, implementing Anti-people policies and he is getting your Vote shocked

8 Likes

Re: Buhari's Comments Being Probed Live On AIT by philip0906(m): 11:44am On May 18, 2012
^^
Don't mind them. . .
Re: Buhari's Comments Being Probed Live On AIT by lacasa: 11:47am On May 18, 2012
egift:

How is that? But someone else is snatching ballots, killing, intimidating, bribing, bombing, kidnapping, funding terror, shooting, manipulating, stuffing pre-thumbprinted ballots, implementing Anti-people policies and he is getting your Vote shocked

Don't mind him,

D̶̲̥̅̊aτ̲̅s Nigerians(†ЂΞ useless ones) for U̶̲̥̅̊.
Re: Buhari's Comments Being Probed Live On AIT by Jibson999(m): 11:49am On May 18, 2012
D bastard u voted no give. Us light...........so u see can't watch

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Comments Being Probed Live On AIT by MrNigeria2(m): 11:49am On May 18, 2012
let's wait and see
Re: Buhari's Comments Being Probed Live On AIT by lacasa: 11:51am On May 18, 2012
Who is probing?

FG or who?

Probing comment?

Has GEJ & †ЂΞ National Assembly cancelled our Freedom of Speech??

is dis †ЂΞ work they are τ̅o be doing??

Nawa for dis Nigeria sha
Re: Buhari's Comments Being Probed Live On AIT by Kobojunkie: 11:59am On May 18, 2012
pinkrex: Is nobody watching this? Why hasn't this made the front page?

Tell us what he really said now? I mean What did Buhari actually say? I don't believe our journalists because they have a way of twisting talk into something else. However, I want to know what the reporters on ChannelsTV said of this.

Sorry, tuned in late as KICC Church is on now.
Re: Buhari's Comments Being Probed Live On AIT by lookmangiw(m): 12:18pm On May 18, 2012
Who is handling the probe, i hope is not gbenga arelugba, cos that guy has also been corrupted and he is now one of them.
Re: Buhari's Comments Being Probed Live On AIT by Godmann(m): 12:22pm On May 18, 2012
[size=15pt]The Semantics Of “The Dog And The Baboon Will Be Soaked In Blood” By Umar Bello[/size]
Posted: May 18, 2012 - 05:17
By Umar Bello

The press once more appears to be in frenzy over a commentary purported to be made by Buhari. Buhari as usual is news. What so ever he does or does not do is a scoop to be splashed by the press. His commentary at the meeting with the Niger state CPC was rushed to the press without proper investigation. No sooner had the news reached the stand than the presidency, represented by Dr. Abati, furiously shot an unfortunate riposte building on the sketchy over-sensationalized opinions of Buhari.

One cannot help but be shocked with the descent of the country to pedestrian (mis)interpretation of issues with the sole purpose of impugning the sterling qualities of a person. All efforts are made to make this otherwise upright leader, who suffers phonies gladly and who has no regards for divisions, a violent regionalist. That is the way his Sokoto commentary has landed him a forced characteristic which has since then come to be his absolute definition in the Nigerian press trumping all his history of discipline and patriotism. It is a clear case of giving a dog a bad name in order to hang it, and remember this is not about a feline animal and a metal hook!

In this current situation, another deliberate fuss is caused to further hang this man by intensifying an already established stereotype. I just wonder; when have simple proverbs or political metaphors become literal representations of the objects they depict? Have we forgotten the ‘figuratively’ colorful first and second republics? When the late Mbadiwe (alias ‘a man of timber and caliber’) called himself ‘a political juggernaut’, I believe, nobody then thought of a monster caterpillar crushing all his political opponents to literal death. The Zik’s NPP was one time the ‘bride’ to be courted by other parties, did we at all think of a woman! What of Obasanjo’s ‘do or die’ declaration? Even if deaths had occurred at the election no one has related Obasanjo’s idiom to any casualties? Likewise, nobody has taken the late Bola Ige’s mentioning of the Northern ‘cows’ and ‘goats as part of the population census figures anything like livestock calculation more than the political slur it was meant to be.

Why is Buhari’s ‘kare jini, biri jini’ any different? Shorn of all the literal and decontexualized misrepresentations, it simply means ‘a serious contest’ i.e. the attitude of not giving up by the parties involved. ‘Kare jini, biri jini’, in a corpus checking on the contexts and collocates of the proverb, is mostly used where fierce competitions occur especially in sports and politics. Literal translation of this saying is mischievous crude and banal for even if we don’t understanding Hausa, are Nigerians actually ‘baboons’ (literal not figurative!)? One is disappointed that a person of Dr Abati’s intellectual caliber has taken this philistine ‘joke’ to higher planes to impute the calling of Nigerian voters as ‘baboons’ and ‘dogs’ to Buhari. This is to further estrange and alienate him from the people for their 2015’s political success. If someone, for example, told me that ‘it rained cats and dogs yesterday’, then my translation into, say, Hausa, will not only be that literal cats and dogs have fallen from the sky but that the people in the area have become cats and dogs also. Abati (PhD Dramatic Arts), this is the abysmal descent of that your unfortunate response and this analogy captures how yours may read to discerning minds. For the price of lucre, many great intellectuals have committed intellectual suicide and fallen prey to the wiles and machinations of politicians only to come seeking for that hard earned reputation when it is too late and when the orgy is over.

And probably that is why that irrevocable incorruptibility of Buhari has remained a great threat since it cannot be Ghana-must-goed. His views are misinterpreted for his daring to be different and not being part of the corrupt gravy train. But by every effort that is made to besmirch him, he emerges cleaner to his massive unbought constituency. And, as the Hausa saying goes, when the sky is out, it can’t not be covered by our palms. Buhari is the sky and the PDP gang is the palms.

Umar writes this piece from Jubail, KSA and can be reached at bello.umar@gmail.com

http://saharareporters.com/article/semantics-%E2%80%9C-dog-and-baboon-will-be-soaked-blood%E2%80%9D-umar-bello

4 Likes

Re: Buhari's Comments Being Probed Live On AIT by Tunjman(m): 12:30pm On May 18, 2012
AIT...glorified NTA!
Re: Buhari's Comments Being Probed Live On AIT by Nobody: 12:32pm On May 18, 2012
Τ̅
Re: Buhari's Comments Being Probed Live On AIT by Calebsky(m): 12:41pm On May 18, 2012
lacasa: Who is probing?

FG or who?

Probing comment?

Has GEJ & †ЂΞ National Assembly cancelled our Freedom of Speech??

is dis †ЂΞ work they are τ̅o be doing??

Nawa for dis Nigeria sha

nobody is speaking against freedom of speech. it was the-like of unguarded utterances from Buhari that led to the death of some corpers just immediately after the elections. such a figure should know what could ignite chaos. abeg the man should be questioned and interrogated. he should learn how not to be insightful. those almajiris are dumb...they will just move and start wanton killings again.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari's Comments Being Probed Live On AIT by Ejine(m): 12:43pm On May 18, 2012
Is this the rotten security apparatus (based on its failure to defeat Boko Haram) they should be probing?
Re: Buhari's Comments Being Probed Live On AIT by pinkrex(m): 12:43pm On May 18, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Tell us what he really said now? I mean What did Buhari actually say? I don't believe our journalists because they have a way of twisting talk into something else. However, I want to know what the reporters on ChannelsTV said of this.

Sorry, tuned in late as KICC Church is on now.

Kobo, Buhari's distorted statement that was aired, he only talked about his plan to replicate a standard demonstrated by some Ibana or so people during the last elections, he said they waited for their votes to be counted..But in his closing remarks he said "something will happen" come 2015.. and Ait tried showing his press briefing which he spoke in Hausa but the translation weren't that coherent.

The CPC publicity chairman never denied what Buhari said neither did Buhari counter what the newspapers translated of his speech and that worries me a great deal...
Re: Buhari's Comments Being Probed Live On AIT by Afam4eva(m): 12:44pm On May 18, 2012
pinkrex: That baba in Aso oke is not talking but making noise angry
It's people like that man that makes people not to vote for Buhari. He was talking as if he was ready for a fight. He even attacked Gbenga Aruleba, the moderator.
Re: Buhari's Comments Being Probed Live On AIT by alahamad(m): 12:44pm On May 18, 2012
No AIT here nd I'm not home..... Please what are they saying?
Re: Buhari's Comments Being Probed Live On AIT by pinkrex(m): 12:46pm On May 18, 2012
norseman2: How money can easily change å man, I use Τ̅☺ respect dt abati O̶̷̩̥̊͡F å man, bt he has sold his soul Τ̅☺ dis clueless govt.

What has Abati got to do with this? undecided
Re: Buhari's Comments Being Probed Live On AIT by pinkrex(m): 12:48pm On May 18, 2012
afam4eva:
It's people like that man that makes people not to vote for Buhari. He was talking as if he was ready for a fight. He even attacked Gbenga Aruleba, the moderator.

Transfered dictatorial blood I guess. Very attacking and factless in his submissions undecided

Did you hear the eloquent view of the PDP's lady? She actually gave objective reasons why Buhari couldn't had won the last elections
Re: Buhari's Comments Being Probed Live On AIT by kangasomti: 12:49pm On May 18, 2012
I de laugh for this country

Fela Anikulakpo Kuti on Biafra.

The Yoruba are not Ibo. I thought the Ibo were right. I said to myself, ‘This whole thing is a cheap, big hatch to put Ibos in the bad light in the world’. And, in fact, what was happening was the beginning of corruption in Nigeria. That’s evident now.

The Biafrans were fucking right to secede. If it was secession, it was good secession because; secession is what could have brought Africa together at that time. From secession we could have come together again. But by not seceding, we’re put together by force. Uhhhhhhhhhhhh!

That’s what is happening in Nigeria today. The Ibos don’t understand why they’re in Nigeria. The Yorubas don’t know what’s happening. And the Hausas , want to dominate everybody. The whole thing is fucking confusion. I don’t even know myself why we’re in Nigeria, how we all got together in this country, in the first place. No politician has ever gone into that.

If Ojukwu had seceded, we would have started our own history. We would have known why we seceded and what happened. How did we get together in the first place? Uh? That’s the real question. ‘Why don’t any of the politicians ever ask that question?’ Eh? Anyway at that time, when the war was going on, I wasn’t politically minded at all. I made my comments as citizen. I was just another musician, playing with Kola Lobitos and singing love songs, songs about rain, about people....What did I know? That’s when I split to America.... As culled from the Autobiography 'Fela, this bitch of a life' by Carlos Moore
Re: Buhari's Comments Being Probed Live On AIT by moderattor: 12:49pm On May 18, 2012
Buhari may be a good man
but he talks too much.
He could have made such a good point
Without incriminating himself

The senate wants to know what he means by
"dogs and baboons being soaked in blood"

Re: Buhari's Comments Being Probed Live On AIT by luv2talk(m): 12:57pm On May 18, 2012
tigerleggs: Damn! This Buhari man just lost my vote again.
Oh...Really, Dont tell me that you are part of 22Million fools that voted Jonathan not PDP....If i may ask, Do u have better option...Let me know pls

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Comments Being Probed Live On AIT by pinkrex(m): 1:03pm On May 18, 2012
luv2talk:
Oh...Really, Dont tell me that you are part of 22Million fools that voted Jonathan not PDP....If i may ask, Do u have better option...Let me know pls

I am... In as much as I dont enjoy his policies, I still enjoy a great deal of freedom. Do you have an idea of the pedigree of thirst for power in Buhari? In my State where I come from, he never even deemed it fit to campaign, so why should/will I vote a man I only heard of his dictatorship exploits?

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Comments Being Probed Live On AIT by Kobojunkie: 1:07pm On May 18, 2012
pinkrex: what the newspapers translated of his speech and that worries me a great deal...

Translation is what worries me since this is not the first time.
Re: Buhari's Comments Being Probed Live On AIT by werepeLeri: 1:08pm On May 18, 2012
Buhari likes violence - he is blood thirsty - he survives on blood spilled by his supporters and by BH - cant he make a comment without recourse to using the word blood and bloodletting? Tell me.
Re: Buhari's Comments Being Probed Live On AIT by pinkrex(m): 1:12pm On May 18, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Translation is what worries me since this is not the first time.

I heard the pub chairman saying Buhari wouldn't had had the intention of meaning what people deduced from his speech because he is a very 'shy man' angry angry

How dumb!
Re: Buhari's Comments Being Probed Live On AIT by pinkrex(m): 1:15pm On May 18, 2012
werepeLeri: Buhari likes violence - he is blood thirsty - he survives on blood spilled by his supporters and by BH - cant he make a comment without recourse to using the word blood and bloodletting? Tell me.

Is it a punishable offence by the law? I argued with some peeps on why Jonathan hasn't nailed him and some said the constitution or penal code..etc does not spell out actions to be taken from 'inciting statments'... How true?
Re: Buhari's Comments Being Probed Live On AIT by Ganys: 1:27pm On May 18, 2012
pinkrex:

I am... In as much as I dont enjoy his policies, I still enjoy a great deal of freedom. Do you have an idea of the pedigree of thirst for power in Buhari? In my State where I come from, he never even deemed it fit to campaign, so why should/will I vote a man I only heard of his dictatorship exploits?
Did Obasanjo came to your place before you he got your vote in his first term....Answer me pls...

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Comments Being Probed Live On AIT by EPOMA(m): 1:28pm On May 18, 2012
werepeLeri: Buhari likes violence - he is blood thirsty - he survives on blood spilled by his supporters and by BH - cant he make a comment without recourse to using the word blood and bloodletting? Tell me.
I don really post on Nairaland anymore but when you make comments like this, I just have to reply you, How does Buhari like voilence, He had the chance to have a bloody coup in 1983 but it ended not being bloody, all i pray everyday is that Nigeria should continue to suffer since they are so stupid of late.
Even OBJ in his books sang praises of Buhari just some years ago. For me let Nigeria continues the way it is since fools can't see.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Four Arrested Over Alleged Plan To Bomb Enugu Airport / Why We Seized Turai’s Land - Minister / Buhari Versus Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.