Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,028 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:31 PM

If Nigeria Breaks Up Dangote Will Be As Poor As Church Rat. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If Nigeria Breaks Up Dangote Will Be As Poor As Church Rat. (1291 Views)

Imagine If Nigeria's Past Heroes Were Instagram Users... Lmao See For Yaself / Boko Haram: Shettima Insists On Amnesty As Church Escapes Bombing In Jos / Mugabe Laughs At Ghana “they Are Still As Poor As In The 60s" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If Nigeria Breaks Up Dangote Will Be As Poor As Church Rat. by ibrahimdoc: 1:03pm On May 18, 2012
I was arguing with my friends that if Nigeria happens to break up, that the likes of dangote will be as poor as church rat, especially someone like dangote whose most of his investment is not in his region. What do you think about this, please kindly say what you think will happen if break up happens.

1 Like

Re: If Nigeria Breaks Up Dangote Will Be As Poor As Church Rat. by Nobody: 1:40pm On May 18, 2012
And what makes you think that upon break up, those connections with business men like Dangote would be severed?

You think that if Nigeria breaks, Yoruba/Igbo businessmen/women will just leave the North/SW leaving their investments behind?

Get real. The only change breaking up Nigeria will make is a "political" one.
Re: If Nigeria Breaks Up Dangote Will Be As Poor As Church Rat. by Nobody: 1:52pm On May 18, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
And what makes you think that upon break up, those connections with business men like Dangote would be severed?

You think that if Nigeria breaks, Yoruba/Igbo businessmen/women will just leave the North/SW leaving their investments behind?

Political change has economic implications.
Re: If Nigeria Breaks Up Dangote Will Be As Poor As Church Rat. by ibrahimdoc: 1:55pm On May 18, 2012
@ Chima12. You are on point.
Re: If Nigeria Breaks Up Dangote Will Be As Poor As Church Rat. by Nobody: 1:57pm On May 18, 2012
chima12: Political change has economic implications.

True that. However, name one nation who has severed international businesses upon breakup, just for what?
Re: If Nigeria Breaks Up Dangote Will Be As Poor As Church Rat. by ibrahimdoc: 2:13pm On May 18, 2012
@ Ileke- IdI. Let me tell you how break up will affect dagote. First of all i want to bring to your notice that Nigerians are one of the most tribalistic people on earth. And in the event of break up, Igobs will create their dangote in the east and the Yorubas will create theirs in the west, the Ijaws will follow suite. Or are you telling me that igbo man will patronize dangote cement over Ibeto, or you want to tell me that Yorubas will patronize Dangote Indomie over honeywell. Won't dangote products be systematically banned in these regions to give room for their indigenous companies to thrive in those departments. Or do you think that igbo business men and yoruba alike are happy the way government are helping dangote to dominate everything in Nigeria? my brother get real.

2 Likes

Re: If Nigeria Breaks Up Dangote Will Be As Poor As Church Rat. by aljharem(m): 2:18pm On May 18, 2012
This Ibrahimdoc is an iddeeiot, Why are you wishing bad for Dangote ?

Dangote is not only getting his money from Nigeria, he gets his money all over africa. Go figure
Re: If Nigeria Breaks Up Dangote Will Be As Poor As Church Rat. by ibrahimdoc: 2:43pm On May 18, 2012
Alj Harem, Please do not misunderstand me, i was having an argument with some friends over this issue, Allah knows that i will never wish dangote bad or anybody else for that matter. Dangote remains my Role Model anytime any day.
Re: If Nigeria Breaks Up Dangote Will Be As Poor As Church Rat. by ibrahimdoc: 2:45pm On May 18, 2012
My dear Alj Harem, but i want to remind you that dangote gets 90 percent of his wealth from Nigeria if not more. Please go figure.
Re: If Nigeria Breaks Up Dangote Will Be As Poor As Church Rat. by Afam4eva(m): 3:43pm On May 18, 2012
@OP
Yes, you're right. When Nigeria breaks up, Dangote's worth will drop drastically but not for the reasons you posited. He's wealth will drop because the oil industry indirectly services most, if not all industries in Nigeria and without oil so many businesses will fold.
Re: If Nigeria Breaks Up Dangote Will Be As Poor As Church Rat. by sayusuf(m): 6:03pm On May 18, 2012
business have no boundry my guy...we are in d world of capitalism
Re: If Nigeria Breaks Up Dangote Will Be As Poor As Church Rat. by GAR3TH(m): 6:47pm On May 18, 2012
Dangote will still remain rich even after a break up. Do you really think that he will abandon all of his investments across the nation, no. Second He has Money and he is a serious investor, Even if nigeria breaks up the new nations will still invite dangote to invest in their country. There is no way they will reject a person who is willing to invest billions and create jobs just because he from some were else. Third, look at other break ups in the past like, Kosovo, Czech Republic, Russia, South Korea, India, Pakistan etc.the only thing that change was political [line drawn in the sand] not economical.

If nigeria breaks up Julius berger nigeria and other companies will just change their name to julius berger west africa or something like that. In other words the company will remain the same and will function as normal.
Re: If Nigeria Breaks Up Dangote Will Be As Poor As Church Rat. by ektbear: 6:52pm On May 18, 2012
Meh.

You can't just confiscate his assets just because Nigeria has broken up.

He'll still be quite wealthy even in a post-Nigeria setting.
Re: If Nigeria Breaks Up Dangote Will Be As Poor As Church Rat. by cheikh: 10:05pm On May 18, 2012
Ileke-Idi

@^^ Gbam+1000. wink Very insightful.

i wonder why some persons think dissolution of Nigeria is the end of Economic/business links. Much of the businesses in China are owned by Taiwanese businessmen/women, so too in other divided places of the world, Money and good intelligent business people do not discriminate. it does not make good economic sense to divest or destroy business assets even in so called "enemy" territory. The so called "enemy" cannot be so dumb and foolish to "cut off the nose to spite the face".
Re: If Nigeria Breaks Up Dangote Will Be As Poor As Church Rat. by SailorXY: 10:42pm On May 18, 2012
This Ibrahimdoc is an iddeeiot, Why are you wishing bad for Dangote ?

Dangote is not only getting his money from Nigeria, he gets his money all over africa. Go figure
how did he start? lipsrsealed

(1) (Reply)

Reason Why Ilorin(kwara) Amala And Aso Oke are Yoruba National Symbol By Musiwa / Farouk Lawan Has Been Sentenced To 13 Years Imprisonment (False) / Meet Roguish Nigerian Billionaire, Femi Otedola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.