Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,818 members, 7,810,139 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:32 PM

Ngige Signifies Intention To Contest NBA Presidency - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ngige Signifies Intention To Contest NBA Presidency (7185 Views)

Fashola, Amaechi, Ngige, Onu, Lai, Kachikwu Make Ministerial List - TheCable / Chuka Umunna Declares Intention To Run For Labour Leadership In UK / Ngige,ex Gov. Of Anambra Spotted As Security Of Okorocha Imo State Gov (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ngige Signifies Intention To Contest NBA Presidency by ak47mann(m): 2:46am On May 19, 2012
AHEAD of the presidential election of the Nigerian Bar Association (NBA) slated for July this year, one of the leading aspirants for the position and a Senior Advocate of Nigeria (SAN), Mr Emeka Ngige yesterday notified members of Eastern Bar Forum of his candidacy, but with a clause that based on the association’s guidelines for the election, he will not seek endorsement or sponsorship from the forum for the election.

His notification letter which was made available to the journalists in Lagos, reads: “I write to inform you that pursuant to the provisions of the NBA Election Guidelines 2012, I have been nominated to vie for the post of President, Nigerian Bar Association in the NBA Delegates Election coming in July 2012.

“At the emergency meeting of the Eastern Bar Forum held in Port Harcourt on Saturday 12th May 2012, aspirants for various offices for the 2012 NBA election were asked to indicate their aspirations formally in writing for purposes of endorsement. At the said meeting of the forum, I had orally indicated my aspiration to contest for the post of President.

“However having regard to part of the provisions of Paragraph 8 of the said NBA Guidelines which provides inter alia:

‘Candidates must comply with the following Rules; Ethnic, Regional or Tribal groups shall not sponsor, endorse or canvass for votes for any candidate’, and paragraph 9 thereof which stipulates that ‘Any candidate who flouts any of the guidelines, rules and stipulations above or breaches any constitutional provisions in his/her campaign shall be automatically disqualified,’ I would not be seeking for the endorsement or sponsorship of the Eastern Bar Forum in the election.

“I will however solicit for individual support of esteemed members of the forum. It is my fervent hope that the distinguished elders and members of the forum will appreciate the circumstances that have made it impossible for me to seek the forum’s endorsement as directed.’

“On account of the above I wish to be excused from the meeting of the Forum scheduled for today.”

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=86505:ahead-of-the-presidential-election-of-the-nigerian-bar-association-nba-slated-for-july-this-year-one-of-the-leading-aspirants-for-the-position-and-a-senior-advocate-of-nigeria-san-mr-emeka-ngige-yesngige-signifies-intention-to-contest-nba-presidency&catid=1:national&Itemid=559
Re: Ngige Signifies Intention To Contest NBA Presidency by BigBenoski(m): 11:14am On May 19, 2012
Mod, wil u get ds poo off d front page already!

1 Like

Re: Ngige Signifies Intention To Contest NBA Presidency by lacasa: 11:40am On May 19, 2012
what kind of needless post is dis rubbish on the front page
Re: Ngige Signifies Intention To Contest NBA Presidency by tonardo(m): 11:47am On May 19, 2012
let the readinding continue,,........ We don hear mod and ngige....!
Re: Ngige Signifies Intention To Contest NBA Presidency by CuteTj(m): 12:04pm On May 19, 2012
Emeka Ngige! I even thought it was Chris Ngige. I was wondering if its possible for a Medical Doctor to head the NBA until i read the full story. If it will remain on the frontpage, make it clear its not Chris Ngige.
Re: Ngige Signifies Intention To Contest NBA Presidency by CY09: 12:08pm On May 19, 2012
D poster must b an I.d.i.o.t! I wonder what d mods r doing?
Re: Ngige Signifies Intention To Contest NBA Presidency by doctokwus: 12:22pm On May 19, 2012
What kind of rubbish is this.Who allowed this as a thread,talkless of it bein on d frontpage;this is quite annoying,so calld moderators turnin dis blovd nl to a kid's place.Seun,don't allow anybody tarnish ur hard work,some of dis moderators are blacksheeps in disguise
Re: Ngige Signifies Intention To Contest NBA Presidency by Ganys: 12:30pm On May 19, 2012
Hmmm....If this thread can get to frnt page, i wondered why My thread About "The FUNNY PICTURE OF A CHELSEA FAN who turns Prayer warrior in order to win tonight" cant make the front page....Nairalander, check out the thread here
https://www.nairaland.com/941705/funny-picture-chelsea-fan-turns
Re: Ngige Signifies Intention To Contest NBA Presidency by meerkat(m): 12:53pm On May 19, 2012
Ganys: Hmmm....If this thread can get to frnt page, i wondered why My thread About "The FUNNY PICTURE OF A CHELSEA FAN who turns Prayer warrior in order to win tonight" cant make the front page....Nairalander, check out the thread here
https://www.nairaland.com/941705/funny-picture-chelsea-fan-turns

How do you expect that to make front page? I personally do not get your drift there.

@Topic: I think the OP is trying to portray how Emeka Ngige is indirectly campaigning for the election when constitutionally he is not supposed to.
Re: Ngige Signifies Intention To Contest NBA Presidency by ifyalways(f): 1:09pm On May 19, 2012
Who is Emeka Ngige?Can we have his profile?

Btw,why is this @ the HP?Someone's itching for another "Igbo/Yoruba" weekend wrestlemania?lol
Re: Ngige Signifies Intention To Contest NBA Presidency by olyivy(f): 1:15pm On May 19, 2012
ifyalways: Who is Emeka Ngige?Can we have his profile?

Btw,why is this @ the HP?Someone's itching for another "Igbo/Yoruba" weekend wrestlemania?lol
Elder brother of Dr. Chris Ngige former Anambra governor.

He is a SAN really helps his bros.
Re: Ngige Signifies Intention To Contest NBA Presidency by Nobody: 2:01pm On May 19, 2012
WE DON READ, THANKS.
Re: Ngige Signifies Intention To Contest NBA Presidency by Metalgoong(m): 4:22pm On May 19, 2012
olyivy:

Emeka Ngige is not Chris's Ngige's elder bro, but his junior brother.
Re: Ngige Signifies Intention To Contest NBA Presidency by Callimo(m): 6:39pm On May 19, 2012
CY09: D poster must b an I.d.i.o.t! I wonder what d mods r doing?
[color=#990000][/color]

Those id....ts can only quote an achiever, not a nobody. Do smething great and you will be quoted. Bingo! tongue tongue
Re: Ngige Signifies Intention To Contest NBA Presidency by gsmgold: 8:40pm On May 19, 2012
CuteTj: Emeka Ngige! I even thought it was Chris Ngige. I was wondering if its possible for a Medical Doctor to head the NBA until i read the full story. If it will remain on the frontpage, make it clear its not Chris Ngige.
Re: Ngige Signifies Intention To Contest NBA Presidency by ajbabs(m): 9:26pm On May 19, 2012
I hope he will not rig election like his elder/or younger brother Chris Ngige(progressive politician,ACN senator) rigged to be become the governor of Anambra State and he still had the gut to defend it to the highest court possible then.
Re: Ngige Signifies Intention To Contest NBA Presidency by othenok(f): 9:48pm On May 19, 2012
olyivy:

Emeka Ngige is the last child in Ngige's family. Extremely hard working, smart and intelligent.
Re: Ngige Signifies Intention To Contest NBA Presidency by sholay2011(m): 12:16am On May 20, 2012
Anoda 'Ngige' again Mschew! we nid fresh ppl jare...i wonder when leadership became family inheritance! angry
Re: Ngige Signifies Intention To Contest NBA Presidency by jdash123: 8:03am On May 20, 2012
It blows my mind.[img]http://www.50centloseweight.com[/img]

(1) (Reply)

Mohammed Musa Bayawa Augie, PDP Members Defect To APC In Kebbi / Intimidation Of The Judiciary Capable Of Breeding Anarchy – Obi / Wike: No Southern Governor Can Work Against Obi, We'll Support The Best Candidat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.