Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,280 members, 7,818,943 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:45 AM

Nigeria Draws Ghana In Crucial Olympic Qualifier - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Draws Ghana In Crucial Olympic Qualifier (3131 Views)

Olympic Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Congo (U23) 2-1 (Full Time) / Super Eagles To Play Ghana In Friendly Match On 7th November / Nigeria Vs Liberia (6 - 1): AFCON 2013 Qualifier On Saturday October-13-2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Draws Ghana In Crucial Olympic Qualifier by illusion2: 6:21pm On Nov 16, 2007
Ghana 0 vs Nigeria 0

The ticket is now in our hands. God help us,
Re: Nigeria Draws Ghana In Crucial Olympic Qualifier by idygee: 7:20pm On Nov 16, 2007
Illusion ,How did it Happen
Did u watch the match,,
How was Nigeria's performance
Re: Nigeria Draws Ghana In Crucial Olympic Qualifier by Truequest(m): 7:27pm On Nov 16, 2007
Yippeeeeeeeee!!!!!!! Hurray!!!!!!!!!!!
Men this is cool thanks for the info, I was about asking for the result. This is in their own coin Up 9ja.
Re: Nigeria Draws Ghana In Crucial Olympic Qualifier by gabrielgb: 8:00pm On Nov 16, 2007
i beg are you serious?
if its true then all we need is a win against SA
Re: Nigeria Draws Ghana In Crucial Olympic Qualifier by crazyT(m): 9:18pm On Nov 16, 2007
illusion2:

Ghana 0 vs Nigeria 0

The ticket is now in our hands. God help us,

Please can someone else confirm this story?
Re: Nigeria Draws Ghana In Crucial Olympic Qualifier by yemmydavid(m): 9:23pm On Nov 16, 2007
it is actually true, nigeris held ghana to a goaless draw.i followed the match details on brila fm since we culdnt watch d match (a shame that even NTA that claims to b d largest tv station in africa culd not televise d match from our backyard).its a good tin it ended in a draw.
TO HELL WIT MIKEL OBI AND TAIYE TAIWO
Re: Nigeria Draws Ghana In Crucial Olympic Qualifier by great3(m): 9:50pm On Nov 16, 2007
mikel obi and taiye taiwo has done nothing wrong. NFA is to blame for their absence as they allowed berti volts to have his way. pls dont blame M.O and T.T
Re: Nigeria Draws Ghana In Crucial Olympic Qualifier by faketan(m): 10:40pm On Nov 16, 2007
Re: Nigeria Draws Ghana In Crucial Olympic Qualifier by wantedAK47: 2:45am On Nov 17, 2007
I think Siasia has done a great job and he should be praised. Shame to some players who think they can hold Nigeria to ransome.
Re: Nigeria Draws Ghana In Crucial Olympic Qualifier by wantedAK47: 2:49am On Nov 17, 2007
I think Siasia and the boys have worked hard to do Nigeria proud. I will advive and warn the NFA not to attmpt to share in this glory as the are a bunch of jerks who want to ruin our football. Imagine that they didnt even provide money for the team initially!
Re: Nigeria Draws Ghana In Crucial Olympic Qualifier by Naijadr: 3:40am On Nov 17, 2007
my broda has it on youtube, he usually records highlights from naija matches, so u'll have to deal with youtube's limit, cant post full thing, we watched the match online on ghanaian tv so ignore the useless commentators, Abwoa, kwasia!! lol

http://youtube.com/user/2drama

he has maybe 5 clips now from the match all 5mins long, he wanted to add more, but I'm disturbing him now grin

I think he's just going to be posting the full games online somewhere else
Re: Nigeria Draws Ghana In Crucial Olympic Qualifier by mellow(m): 10:08am On Nov 17, 2007
Why do we need a win against SA[/color][color=#990000]
Re: Nigeria Draws Ghana In Crucial Olympic Qualifier by tommyex(m): 10:44am On Nov 17, 2007
because we are 2points below ghana
if we dont plan well we may not qualify
Re: Nigeria Draws Ghana In Crucial Olympic Qualifier by tommyex(m): 10:48am On Nov 17, 2007
I wonder why Sia2 and some others are clamouring for Mikel n Taiwo.
I know that if they were invited and played they could have disturbed the flows of the team and we could have lost concentration,the last time they played 2geda was over a year ago,Infact i never agreed to inviting them.The fact is that they have not even been playin well.
Re: Nigeria Draws Ghana In Crucial Olympic Qualifier by Hayorbahmy(m): 11:10am On Nov 17, 2007
ope ooo
At least there is hope, we still held Ghana to goal less draw om their own soil.
I pray we keep on the good work and not flop soon.
Re: Nigeria Draws Ghana In Crucial Olympic Qualifier by U1(m): 1:13pm On Nov 17, 2007
Who is tha man?Siasia is the man.All that remains now,is for the guys to train very hard so as to wallop the South Africans silly to confirm our qualification.YIPPEEEEE
Re: Nigeria Draws Ghana In Crucial Olympic Qualifier by mboma(m): 1:30pm On Nov 17, 2007
i knew it was going to be very easyroot 4 nigeria siasia is the man of the moment 3 gbosa 4 him. gbosa!gbosa!!gbosa!!!
Re: Nigeria Draws Ghana In Crucial Olympic Qualifier by brushparke(m): 1:55pm On Nov 17, 2007
I was in no doubt Nigeria will survive the scare and threat posed by the Ghanians. Why? In time past Nigeria has always survived similar situations. Infact it is more difficult to get Nigeria to win a match if not under immense pressure to do it. I remember a time when we had to score 3 goals to qualify for , was it Sydney Olympics. In this situation we didn't just need to win but to win by a wide margin and trust us, we went scrambling all over the globe and at last we did it and by the exact margin of goals that was needed -3 goals.

Let me now say that whether we will have an out right win against the south African is what i can not tell. You can see the ball is now in our court and the qualification in our own hand. The pressure is now less and that's my fear.We just might bungle it.

We need to have a win at home to qualify this might prove more difficult for the Dream Team IV from antecedence. We need to watch out!
Re: Nigeria Draws Ghana In Crucial Olympic Qualifier by tommyex(m): 2:00pm On Nov 17, 2007
Cant wait for Nigeria's friendly 2day at 4pm,i hope the dumb stations show this one
Re: Nigeria Draws Ghana In Crucial Olympic Qualifier by ifyalways(f): 3:59pm On Nov 17, 2007
tommyex:

Cant wait for Nigeria's friendly 2day at 4pm,i hope the dumb stations show this one
against which country bros?
Re: Nigeria Draws Ghana In Crucial Olympic Qualifier by tommyex(m): 5:00pm On Nov 17, 2007
australia
its 0-0 at half time,i cant watch it though
Re: Nigeria Draws Ghana In Crucial Olympic Qualifier by ifyalways(f): 5:16pm On Nov 17, 2007
thanks a million kiss
Re: Nigeria Draws Ghana In Crucial Olympic Qualifier by tommyex(m): 5:35pm On Nov 17, 2007
ok,my pleasure a thousand grin
Re: Nigeria Draws Ghana In Crucial Olympic Qualifier by swetangel(f): 5:56pm On Nov 17, 2007
Nigeria lose 0-1 to Australia in a friendly match in London.

Dont you think the absence of Kanu was felt?
Re: Nigeria Draws Ghana In Crucial Olympic Qualifier by Princesege(m): 8:19pm On Nov 17, 2007
What was the Nigerian line up?
Can anyone comment on the quality of play by our boys?
Thanks.
Re: Nigeria Draws Ghana In Crucial Olympic Qualifier by Teriba(m): 9:42pm On Nov 17, 2007
You guys should not waste your time asking for any information on the friendly here. I`ve just returned from the stadium and I can only congratulate anyone that didn`t spend his time watching today`s eyesore; that was 90 minutes of self-imposed psychological torture! No, it has been a long time since I saw a Nigerian side played like that. That was truly catastrophic!! It`s very interesting that you guys are talking about Mikel and Taiwo. I wouldn`t know why the coach was desperate to have them because Mikel didn`t play today and it was late in the second have that he introduced taiwo. Anyway, enough of this weekend rubbish!
Re: Nigeria Draws Ghana In Crucial Olympic Qualifier by Kubed2klin(m): 11:05am On Nov 19, 2007
Teriba:

You guys should not waste your time asking for any information on the friendly here. I`ve just returned from the stadium and I can only congratulate anyone that didn`t spend his time watching today`s eyesore; that was 90 minutes of self-imposed psychological torture! No, it has been a long time since I saw a Nigerian side played like that. That was truly catastrophic!! It`s very interesting that you guys are talking about Mikel and Taiwo. I wouldn`t know why the coach was desperate to have them because Mikel didn`t play today and it was late in the second have that he introduced taiwo. Anyway, enough of this weekend rubbish!

But I don't see the reason why you should crucify the Eagles.

I didn't watch the match in full, but the clips I watched while the match was on, shows that Vogts only now needs to work on his attacking midfield options, as the defence line is now shored up with capable players. I think testing oter players agasins Swtizerland would help.

On the issue of the dream team 4, I think Siasia has tried, but the boys just must not be complacent at this point in time.

A win against the Amaglulug will not be easy. They really would be influenced by the Black Meteors.

a convincing wijn should do. maybe 4 or 5
Re: Nigeria Draws Ghana In Crucial Olympic Qualifier by TawaTemi1(f): 3:03pm On Nov 19, 2007
For me, its a testing ground for all our players. U have to prove yourself for u to earn a jersey in NIGERIA now.

The technical Adviser should wake up and form a good team for the country that will represent us anywhere.

Well we can still improve on our weak areas.

With enough preparations (friendly matches), Vogts should be able to raise a strong team.

Nigeria - Australia match should inform Vogts that we need some replacements.

Kudos to Siasia, thumb up to him. kiss kiss kiss

Drawing with Ghana on their soil is not easy.

Its an encouraging match.
Re: Nigeria Draws Ghana In Crucial Olympic Qualifier by Teriba(m): 10:19am On Nov 20, 2007
So it was a wonderful match, kubed2klin ? It`s alright, but I can assure you that if we had asked Shomolu XI to take on Australia last Saturday, they would have done a better job. Actually, you have said that you didn`t watch the match in full so there is no point arguing. Our boys were out-played in every department of the game so much so that most Nigerians that went to watch it were asking for a refund. Players can have a bad day, but what I saw last Saturday was a case of players that have no future in the game of football being asked to represent Nigeria. A guy sitting next to me commented that they should change the guy wearing no 10 and I have to ask him whether he meant they should change 10 players. That goal-keeper would never be part of anything that would bring success to Nigerian at world stage. As for the defenders, only one of them has a future and he would have to work on his mobility. We don`t really have to talk about mid-fielders bacause I didn`t see any! The only player that showed his class was Osaze. There was a time he was the one going back to the mid-field to do what mid-fielders should be doing in addition to being the most promising striker upfront. If Scolari were to be the Nigerian coach, Obafemi Martins would have been substituted in the fist half; he was simply pathetic! Taiwo did well notwithstanding the fact that he was not allow to play as a left full-back
As Tawa-Temi said, the coach needs to wake up! I`m all for trying new players, but I wasn`t expecting a manager that said he would never use under-17 players in the senior team to give us what he paraded on Saturday. Why is it that majority of the boys that reached the finals in Holland are not the ones been tried to succeed the Kanus ? I mean, the talents are there in abundance, it`s just that we are not making a good use of them. If we are going to a tounament in january and we still don`t have a rough idea of the best eleven, that is a problem! By now, we should have known that, and matches such as the one on saturday can then be used to turn them into a team. I`m not a professional, but I know that Cote d `lvoire has one of the best team in the world at the moment and they are going to be one of our opponents in the group stages of the ACN. It`s not looking great guys !
Re: Nigeria Draws Ghana In Crucial Olympic Qualifier by baloo4u2(m): 4:41pm On Nov 20, 2007
Congratulations,i suggest that siasia should be coaching the national team because he is very disciplined and focused compare to vogt the DICTATOR. smiley
Re: Nigeria Draws Ghana In Crucial Olympic Qualifier by gntsomeonu: 3:09pm On Nov 22, 2007
baloo4u2:

Congratulations,i suggest that siasia should be coaching the national team because he is very disciplined and focused compare to vogt the DICTATOR. smiley

Fellow naijirians, there is no need for congratulations and promotions now. remember that we have not actually qualified for the olympics yet. Lets just pray that the boys would not mess us up at home against SA the same way England messed up against Croatia. God help us.
Re: Nigeria Draws Ghana In Crucial Olympic Qualifier by Harlex(m): 1:28am On Nov 23, 2007
it was a good result

(1) (2) (Reply)

Post Your Winning Betting Slip From Yesterday / Barca Show City They Are Very Beatable / Manchester United Old Times

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.