Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,753 members, 7,824,159 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:24 AM

Reason Behind The Fall Into Atheism - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Reason Behind The Fall Into Atheism (4518 Views)

Atheism Is Frustrating. / My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! / Atheism Vs Deism (vs Theism) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reason Behind The Fall Into Atheism by alexleo(m): 10:14pm On May 19, 2012
Athesists can be summarised as a bunch of lazy christians who rather than prove God in their lives as individuals relied on being spoonfed by their pastors.. unfortunately they fell into the hands of pastors who are not seasoned who end up feeding them with contaminated word which when the effect of its poison takes full charge of them leads to the death of the belief of God in their lives. For those of us who have proved God in our lives and are still proving him, we remain unshaken by the grace of God. For those of us who have proved God in our lives we have no fear of death and no fear of hell. A true christian is never afraid of hell because the bible said- there is therefore no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. As comfortable and blessed as i am in this life by the grace of God i have no such fear in me at all. What am after is to have pure relationship with God at all times. Any Christian who lives with the fear of death and hell in his heart knows that he needs to check his spiritual stand and he is also standing at the edge of the doom pit of atheism. Such christians are the one easily converted to atheism. For us, we enjoy the peace of God which passes all understanding. We enjoy a clear conscience void of offence before God and man. We enjoy the hope of heaven and we enjoy the blessings of God which makes rich and which has no sorrow added to it. Let the atheists prove God in their lives on individual basis and they will understand this thing. But the truth is that they run away from proving God one on one in their closet. Who is deceiving who? The best remains to prove God for yourself. It is a height of foolishness for anybody to wait for somebody to prove God for him.
Wise atheists proves God by themselves while the lazy and foolish ones wants to keep waiting for someone to prove God for them (same laziness which i mentioned earlier that drew them into atheism). May God help you people.

with poison
Re: Reason Behind The Fall Into Atheism by logicboy: 10:56pm On May 19, 2012
The real reasons;

1) Slavery
2) Evolution + science
3) Inconsistencies and evil in the bible (eg Homophobia, bigotry, genocide etc)
4) Constant failures + brutality of theocracies around the world
5) Fear of Oyedepo's slaps!
Re: Reason Behind The Fall Into Atheism by Jenwitemi(m): 11:08pm On May 19, 2012
More reasons are as follows;

Alexleo
Olaadegbu
Yommyuk
Oyedepo's slaps.
Re: Reason Behind The Fall Into Atheism by Nobody: 11:17pm On May 19, 2012
TITHES
FAKE MIRACLES
NIGERIA
Re: Reason Behind The Fall Into Atheism by logicboy: 11:20pm On May 19, 2012
musKeeto: TITHES
FAKE MIRACLES
NIGERIA

Dont let me Oyedepo-slap you from here!

You forgot to add "Oyedepo slaps" angry angry
Re: Reason Behind The Fall Into Atheism by Nobody: 11:23pm On May 19, 2012
Sorry I didn't see that coming like T.B Joshua.
Re: Reason Behind The Fall Into Atheism by Nobody: 11:24pm On May 19, 2012
If it were that easy to prove God, everyone would believe in God...
Re: Reason Behind The Fall Into Atheism by logicboy: 11:45pm On May 19, 2012
musKeeto: Sorry I didn't see that coming like T.B Joshua.

It's okay as long as you pay your tithes like Joagbaje!
Re: Reason Behind The Fall Into Atheism by alexleo(m): 10:18am On May 20, 2012
The totality of your all your reasons remains that you people are too lazy to prove God in your lives as individuals. You people easily quote scientists and their discoveries yet too lazy to make your own discovery. Too much talk talk and laziness dey worry una.

musKeeto: If it were that easy to prove God, everyone would believe in God...

still amounts to your laziness. Prove God my friend.

Re: Reason Behind The Fall Into Atheism by logicboy: 10:24am On May 20, 2012
alexleo: The totality of your all your reasons remains that you people are too lazy to prove God in your lives as individuals. You people easily quote scientists and their discoveries yet too lazy to make your own discovery. Too much talk talk and laziness dey worry una.

Wow, the support of slavery in the bible? Did you ignore that?
The support of genocide in the bible as well.
Re: Reason Behind The Fall Into Atheism by Nobody: 10:34am On May 20, 2012
alexleo: The totality of your all your reasons remains that you people are too lazy to prove God in your lives as individuals. You people easily quote scientists and their discoveries yet too lazy to make your own discovery. Too much talk talk and laziness dey worry una.
Easily quote scientists and discoveries? What the hell are you smoking this morning? Don't you quote scientists also to defend the Bible? To verify that Jesus once walked this earth? To prove that the Bible is 'historically accurate'? But when atheists quote the parts of Science that are clearly not in accord with the Bible, is because they're too lazy? Wow... makes a lot of saynse..

alexleo:
If I put a lion in the same room with you, I won't have to ask you to prove a lion. Your body would be the proof in a matter of a few minutes. And btw, trying to prove something you don't believe in is called MADNESS.
Re: Reason Behind The Fall Into Atheism by PastorKun(m): 10:49am On May 20, 2012
alexleo: Athesists can be summarised as a bunch of lazy christians who rather than prove God in their lives as individuals relied on being spoonfed by their pastors.. unfortunately they fell into the hands of pastors who are not seasoned who end up feeding them with contaminated word which when the effect of its poison takes full charge of them leads to the death of the belief of God in their lives. For those of us who have proved God in our lives and are still proving him, we remain unshaken by the grace of God. For those of us who have proved God in our lives we have no fear of death and no fear of hell. A true christian is never afraid of hell because the bible said- there is therefore no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. As comfortable and blessed as i am in this life by the grace of God i have no such fear in me at all. What am after is to have pure relationship with God at all times. Any Christian who lives with the fear of death and hell in his heart knows that he needs to check his spiritual stand and he is also standing at the edge of the doom pit of atheism. Such christians are the one easily converted to atheism. For us, we enjoy the peace of God which passes all understanding. We enjoy a clear conscience void of offence before God and man. We enjoy the hope of heaven and we enjoy the blessings of God which makes rich and which has no sorrow added to it. Let the atheists prove God in their lives on individual basis and they will understand this thing. But the truth is that they run away from proving God one on one in their closet. Who is deceiving who? The best remains to prove God for yourself. It is a height of foolishness for anybody to wait for somebody to prove God for him.
Wise atheists proves God by themselves while the lazy and foolish ones wants to keep waiting for someone to prove God for them (same laziness which i mentioned earlier that drew them into atheism). May God help you people.

with poison

God bless you for this post, a lot of preachers today don't even know God for themselves and yet they are trying to lead others to God as such they miss the plot. I believe a lot of our preachers need to go back and study the scriptures to understand what christ was really all about and start teaching the true gospel which is capable of bringing salvation to all men. That aside the bling bling apostles due to their greed are also driving a lot of people away from the faith cos of the twisted and manipulative "gospel" they peddle.
Re: Reason Behind The Fall Into Atheism by dekung(m): 10:57am On May 20, 2012
On a more serious not guys, I think Alexleo needs some truths about the real reason people fall into atheism.
@OP,
Atheists are not the supposed lzy people you spoke about who fall into the hands of wrong pastors who teach them the diluted word of God, No. They are rather people who have both the mental and physical courage to challenge the dogma fed to them since childhood. They are people who are hard working enough to go into Indepth research into the origins of what is being taught. You assertions could have been partially correct if you localised the reason to Nigeria because your position implies that all athiests were formally christians. The atheistic/gnostic positions stem from the fact that people have realised that wether or not you believe in God, What will be will be. I have seen unbelievers and believers alike live fulfilled lives and I have also seen believers and non believers too who lives lives that need a lot of help. I then ask myself the question what really does anyone need God for apart from the promise of heaven or hell which no one has any proof of? Whether or not there is belief in God, good people will still be good and bad people will still be bad. Listen guy, religion stands in the way of human development because some things defy acceptable religios limits. You need to step out of belief in God in order to appreciate these things. I will give you a few examples.
1. In the early 40s several children were surfering from a condition called the tetralogy of Fallous which was termed the blue baby syndrome. The only way to correct this was to perform open heart surgery on these innocent beings. The church fought against this because according to them, it was the will of God that these children have this conditions. Alfred Blalock, assisted by his an african american lab technicians, Vivien Thomas shunned the religious and medical societies and performed the first open heart surgery successfully......
Re: Reason Behind The Fall Into Atheism by Kay17: 10:58am On May 20, 2012
At least this proves that alexlo works by faith only.
Re: Reason Behind The Fall Into Atheism by Enigma(m): 11:11am On May 20, 2012
Pastor Kun: . . . the bling bling apostles due to their greed are also diving a lot of people away from the faith cos of the twisted and manipulative "gospel" they peddle.

In the specific case of Nigeria at least, the lunacy called the Prosperity "gospel", with its false miracles, thieving & stealing through tithes, first fruits etc and blatant falsehoods/nonsenses/illogicalities, is a major reason why thinking (though not necessarily right-thinking) people in Nigeria are increasingly being attracted towards agnosticism and atheism.

cool
Re: Reason Behind The Fall Into Atheism by dekung(m): 11:28am On May 20, 2012
...In the movie adaptation, a priest approached Blalock to stop this sacrilageous act or face the wrath of God but Blalock replied 'maybe God wants to kill this baby, but I want to save it'. As at 2004, 1.75m heart surgeries are performed annually in the US alone.
2. In manilla, Phillipines, people are so poor they litrally eat from the dustbin salvaging leftover foods so their families could feed. This problem is further compounded by uncontrolled births. A family may have as many as 10 children or even more because birth control is a taboo impossed by the church of the phillipines. In fact maternity homes are so congested, three to four women had to share a single bed. The govt of Phillipines is trying to pass a legislation to allow couples use co.ndo.ms and other birth control methods to stem this exponential rise in population but it has d church to contend with. The church rather have couple to surfer nerve wrecking poverty or sex deprivation because to them, it is against the will of God to use birth control.
3. The church is currently fighting another battle against the world goverment. The is a discussion presently that will allow people who are surfering from painful terminal degenerative diseases to be put to sleep (aided death). The church is fighting this tooth and nail calling it suicide. The church would rather that these that these people suffer the pain till they die rather being allowed to die earlier.
3. I once saw a documentary where a surgeon successfully did a head transplant between two monkeys but the project was halted later because the religious body would have non of it.
4. A religious group would not accept blood transfusion because to them it is against God's will. Imagine the number of innocent lives that had probably been lost because their parents belonged?
Religious people here would always say scientists cannot creat life but how mluch has religion given science a free hand to operate. Several brilliant people's lives have been cut short because they were described as heretics.
Re: Reason Behind The Fall Into Atheism by PastorKun(m): 1:24pm On May 20, 2012
dekung: ...In the movie adaptation, a priest approached Blalock to stop this sacrilageous act or face the wrath of God but Blalock replied 'maybe God wants to kill this baby, but I want to save it'. As at 2004, 1.75m heart surgeries are performed annually in the US alone.
2. In manilla, Phillipines, people are so poor they litrally eat from the dustbin salvaging leftover foods so their families could feed. This problem is further compounded by uncontrolled births. A family may have as many as 10 children or even more because birth control is a taboo impossed by the church of the phillipines. In fact maternity homes are so congested, three to four women had to share a single bed. The govt of Phillipines is trying to pass a legislation to allow couples use co.ndo.ms and other birth control methods to stem this exponential rise in population but it has d church to contend with. The church rather have couple to surfer nerve wrecking poverty or sex deprivation because to them, it is against the will of God to use birth control.
3. The church is currently fighting another battle against the world goverment. The is a discussion presently that will allow people who are surfering from painful terminal degenerative diseases to be put to sleep (aided death). The church is fighting this tooth and nail calling it suicide. The church would rather that these that these people suffer the pain till they die rather being allowed to die earlier.
3. I once saw a documentary where a surgeon successfully did a head transplant between two monkeys but the project was halted later because the religious body would have non of it.
4. A religious group would not accept blood transfusion because to them it is against God's will. Imagine the number of innocent lives that had probably been lost because their parents belonged?
Religious people here would always say scientists cannot creat life but how mluch has religion given science a free hand to operate. Several brilliant people's lives have been cut short because they were described as heretics.

The christian religious belief or doctirnes is not the problem here, it is a case of men preaching ther whims and caprices as the word of God. Human traditions/ delusions whic are sometimes held above the true word of God of loving all men and helping hose in need. Here is what the Master as to say about such hypocrites: Matthew 15:9:

9 Uselessly do they worship Me, for they teach as doctrines the commands of men
Re: Reason Behind The Fall Into Atheism by plaetton: 2:10pm On May 20, 2012
Pastor Kun:

The christian religious belief or doctirnes is not the problem here, it is a case of men preaching ther whims and caprices as the word of God. Human traditions/ delusions whic are sometimes held above the true word of God of loving all men and helping hose in need. Here is what the Master as to say about such hypocrites: Matthew 15:9:

9 Uselessly do they worship Me, for they teach as doctrines the commands of men

This often used excuse that "there is nothing wrong with religion, it is just religious practioners that are bad" is a very lame one. what is religion without religious people? can religion exist without religious people?
Once again, it is like saying that "guns don't kill people, people kill people". It is also like saying" Islam is a peaceful religion, only bad people make islam look bad". This is blatantly dishonest.
If you introduce and flood a peaceful community with guns and weapons, that community would no longer know peace.
Since the human species are inherently faulty in construction(Thanks to the perfect designer and creator?), religion ,by its very nature cannot serve any good. It is like a loaded weapon in the hands of children. It is always bound to exploit people, divide people and distort reality.
what is the so-called true word of god? Which of the ten of thousands of its variants is truly true? Why is it soooo easy to twist,pervert and abuse? Of what good use is something so contradictory and a source of antagonism ,even among its own believers,
to humankind?
Historically speaking, can anyone point out to me any era in history where society lived peacefully and progressively as result of this nebulous and schitzophrenic word of god?
Re: Reason Behind The Fall Into Atheism by alexleo(m): 3:48pm On May 20, 2012
You people are talking about religion and i dont care about that. Am talking about christianity. On its own christianity is not the problem rather the way its practioners carries it out is where the problem lies. God is never your problem rather so called men of God.
Its just like the medical profession, it is not bad but some practictioners can paint it bad through the way they carry it out.
Some of you talk about your parents brainwashing you. Truth is that your parents were not lazy as you people. They proved God in their lives and having proved him they placed you on the path of God so that as you are growing up you ll be able to prove him yourself but laziness will not allow you so dont give me the crap of your parents brainwashing you.
When i mentioned scientist in my post up i wasnt condemning them rather i was saying that they are men like you who went into research and discovered things that you people talk about now so be a man and discover God by proving him personally.

@muskeeto,
The greatest foolishness and madness is somebody claiming that God does not exist when he has not even tried proving him personally..
Re: Reason Behind The Fall Into Atheism by alexleo(m): 3:50pm On May 20, 2012
You people are talking about religion and i dont care about that. Am talking about christianity. On its own christianity is not the problem rather the way its practioners carries it out is where the problem lies. God is never your problem rather so called men of God.
Its just like the medical profession, it is not bad but some practictioners can paint it bad through the way they carry it out.
Some of you talk about your parents brainwashing you. Truth is that your parents were not lazy as you people. They proved God in their lives and having proved him they placed you on the path of God so that as you are growing up you ll be able to prove him yourself but laziness will not allow you so dont give me the crap of your parents brainwashing you.
When i mentioned scientist in my post up i wasnt condemning them rather i was saying that they are men like you who went into research and discovered things that you people talk about now so be a man and discover God by proving him personally.

@muskeeto,
The greatest foolishness and madness is somebody claiming that God does not exist when he has not even tried proving him personally..
Re: Reason Behind The Fall Into Atheism by Nobody: 4:47pm On May 20, 2012
alexleo: You people are talking about religion and i dont care about that. Am talking about christianity. On its own christianity is not the problem rather the way its practioners carries it out is where the problem lies. God is never your problem rather so called men of God.

@muskeeto,

What of hell and heaven? Have you tried them personally?
Re: Reason Behind The Fall Into Atheism by 2good(m): 5:10pm On May 20, 2012
dekung: On a more serious not guys, I think Alexleo needs some truths about the real reason people fall into atheism.
@OP,
Atheists are not the supposed lzy people you spoke about who fall into the hands of wrong pastors who teach them the diluted word of God, No. They are rather people who have both the mental and physical courage to challenge the dogma fed to them since childhood. They are people who are hard working enough to go into Indepth research into the origins of what is being taught. You assertions could have been partially correct if you localised the reason to Nigeria because your position implies that all athiests were formally christians. The atheistic/gnostic positions stem from the fact that people have realised that wether or not you believe in God, What will be will be. I have seen unbelievers and believers alike live fulfilled lives and I have also seen believers and non believers too who lives lives that need a lot of help. I then ask myself the question what really does anyone need God for apart from the promise of heaven or hell which no one has any proof of? Whether or not there is belief in God, good people will still be good and bad people will still be bad. Listen guy, religion stands in the way of human development because some things defy acceptable religios limits. You need to step out of belief in God in order to appreciate these things. I will give you a few examples.
1. In the early 40s several children were surfering from a condition called the tetralogy of Fallous which was termed the blue baby syndrome[i]. The only way to correct this was to perform open heart surgery on these innocent beings. The church fought against this because according to them, it was the will of God that these children have this conditions. Alfred Blalock, assisted by his an african american lab technicians, Vivien Thomas shunned the religious and medical societies and performed the first open heart surgery successfully...... [/i]

Their discovery was played in the movie 'Something the Lord Made'. Very lovely film that shows the contribution of Vivien and also portrayed racism in USA of the 40's
Re: Reason Behind The Fall Into Atheism by 2good(m): 5:23pm On May 20, 2012
alexleo: You people are talking about religion and i dont care about that. Am talking about christianity. On its own christianity is not the problem rather the way its practioners carries it out is where the problem lies. God is never your problem rather so called men of God.

@muskeeto,

It is bigger madness to believe in a sky god( which trips to out of space by scientist have debunked) and not believe in the story of Santa Claus, Pinocchio, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, Beauty and the Beast, Jack and the beanstalk. You choose to believe the stories in the bible but refused to believe the stories in the other books just because you decided to activate the selective reasoning part of your brain that controls irrationality.
Re: Reason Behind The Fall Into Atheism by Nobody: 5:27pm On May 20, 2012
2good:

It is bigger madness to believe in a sky god( which trips to out of space by scientist have debunked) and not believe in the story of Santa Claus, Pinocchio, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, Beauty and the Beast, Jack and the beanstalk. You choose to believe the stories in the bible but refused to believe the stories in the other books just because you decided to activate the selective reasoning part of your brain that controls irrationality.
heehee
Re: Reason Behind The Fall Into Atheism by ijawkid(m): 5:48pm On May 20, 2012
What realy also attracts many to atheism Is wanting to do all sorts of things devoid of Gods commands to guide them..

They wanna do what they like and when they like to do it...not wanting to be accountable to any higher authority....

Lawlessness is 1 crazy reason why many are tending toward atheism or have become atheist....

If pastors wear blings and u knw is wrong leave d church and keep searching for d truth till u find it...

If some worship images and u knw its wrong then quit associating with such congregation and keep searching for d truth...

If many who claim to be religious leaders today take part in wars and genocides then leave dat church and keep searching for d true 1...

1 must serve God in spirit and in truth....

Keep searching and u'll find...
Re: Reason Behind The Fall Into Atheism by manmustwac(m): 5:50pm On May 20, 2012
@post
You reason everything from your own selfish religious point of view, which you just happen to be born and bred into. As for me who happens to be a british born and bred nigerian who have lived in nigeria for sometime, Becoming an athiest was very simple and straightforward,i'd reached the age of 14 or 15 thought about the whole God thing seriously while bored to death in my local catholic church one sunday thought about the whole god thing and evolution and that was that my reasoning faculties convinced me that no white jewish dude talked life into existence. Life evolved.

And this was around 30 years ago and i haven't looked back since
Re: Reason Behind The Fall Into Atheism by logicboy: 5:53pm On May 20, 2012
ijawkid: What realy also attracts many to atheism Is wanting to do all sorts of things devoid of Gods commands to guide them..

They wanna do what they like and when they like to do it...not wanting to be accountable to any higher authority....

Lawlessness is 1 crazy reason why many are tending toward atheism or have become atheist....

If pastors wear blings and u knw is wrong leave d church and keep searching for d truth till u find it...

If some worship images and u knw its wrong then quit associating with such congregation and keep searching for d truth...

If many who claim to be religious leaders today take part in wars and genocides then leave dat church and keep searching for d true 1...

Ironic that the gayest people on earth are pastors and catholic priest.

The biggest thieves on earth are christians- crusaders and european christians who went around the world to exploit other nation's resource

The best terrorists were christians- crusaders

You have no right to judge atheists' morality, hypocrite.

Ouch! Did I just destroy your points?
Re: Reason Behind The Fall Into Atheism by Nobody: 5:56pm On May 20, 2012
ijawkid:
What realy also attracts many to atheism Is wanting to do all sorts of things devoid of Gods commands to guide them..
Like all Christians keep to the laws they profess.

ijawkid:
Hmmm.. there's something called a conscience you know. Everyone has it, not just theists.. people obey or go against it irrespective of their religious inclinations.

ijawkid:
Yeah, it was atheism that led to the 10 commandments.

ijawkid:
Lol

ijawkid:
What is truth, if I may ask?

ijawkid:
Thanks..
Re: Reason Behind The Fall Into Atheism by ijawkid(m): 6:02pm On May 20, 2012
logicboy:

Ironic that the gayest people on earth are pastors and catholic priest.

The biggest thieves on earth are christians- crusaders and european christians who went around the world to exploit other nation's resource

The best terrorists were christians- crusaders

You have no right to judge atheists' morality, hypocrite.

Ouch! Did I just destroy your points?

Oboy those who took part in d crusades are not christians...they are freaking bigots who claim to be christians....

Those who are gays and priests at d same time are not followers of christ but of there selfish desires.....
They are mad persons who crave for the flesh as if it was there god...
If Jesus took part in crusades,politics and wars then I'll say they are imitating Jesus,but they are fools who were fighting for there selfish interest and for political reasons but camoflaging with christianity...

U didn't squash my points..

I imitate Jesus..

Any1 who claims to be a christian but won't follow Jesus footsteps closely isn't a christian but a liar...

Jesus said only a few will survive into his Fathers kingdom...

That should tell u something...
Re: Reason Behind The Fall Into Atheism by logicboy: 6:09pm On May 20, 2012
ijawkid:

Oboy those who took part in d crusades are not christians...they are freaking bigots who claim to be christians....

Those who are gays and priests at d same time are not followers of christ but of there selfish desires.....
They are mad persons who crave for the flesh as if it was there god...
If Jesus took part in crusades,politics and wars then I'll say they are imitating Jesus,but they are fools who were fighting for there selfish interest and for political reasons but camoflaging with christianity...

U didn't squash my points..

I imitate Jesus..

Any1 who claims to be a christian but won't follow Jesus footsteps closely isn't a christian but a liar...

Jesus said only a few will survive into his Fathers kingdom...

That should tell u something...

Yes, and any atheist that kills people is not a true atheist? Ode
Re: Reason Behind The Fall Into Atheism by jmoore(m): 6:15pm On May 20, 2012
manmustwac: Life evolved.

Life evolved from where? use your reasoning faculties and tell me how life started?
Re: Reason Behind The Fall Into Atheism by logicboy: 6:17pm On May 20, 2012
jmoore:

Life evolved from where? use your reasoning faculties and tell me how life started?

Life evolved from single celled organisms

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

End-time Bible Teaching: Preparing For Rapture, Part 5, (RESTITUTION) / Did The Quran Really Promise 72 Virgins For Jihadists When They Die? / Various Ways The Bible Defines Faith

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.