Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,246 members, 7,822,272 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:15 AM

How To Use A BIS Plan On An Android Phone - Technology Market (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / How To Use A BIS Plan On An Android Phone (66060 Views)

Get Your Airtel SIM Eligible For 4gb, 2 Months BIS Plan Of N1500 / Use Troidvpn 1gb Daily Bundle For Browsing With Mtn Bis Subscription .. / Best Internet BIS Plan For An Android (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On An Android Phone by Nobody: 2:02pm On May 22, 2012
faithin9ja:

Personally I never criticize innovation, afterall necessity is the mother of invention, but we must call a spade a spade. By using BIS bandwidth, we are using RIM servers, RIM service is cheaper essentially because of the technology they deploy. All over the world as far as I am aware BB is has cheaper data plans than the normal 3G plans used on other phones.

But those using this 'work-around' must admit they are trying to beat a system and cut corners for personal gain. How does this make us better than any of our politicians. With this type of mindset when we too get any type of position or power, we will continue to cut corners.

I comment on this forum on political matters and I have been accused of being a GEJ or PDP apologist, when actually what I am saying is Nigeria deserves the leaders we get, when we the populace are all individually corrupt (I include myself). The sooner we realize this the better for all of us.

Hello,

I want you to understand this... The browsing is not going through RIM Servers... It is going through MTN's Specially Configured RIM Servers... So it is MTN/GLO/Airtel/Etisalat server and they are ripping us off on this kiddie BB thing. Go to europe and see how much they charge them... The Janders that brought this thing to Nigeria from London sef know very well that they are are paying very very cheap compared to what they put Nigerians to. It is a two-way thing as the Phone Company must invest in it so as to get more customers and gain more money. It is referred to as Complementary Assets for the MTN and co.

So.. BIS, normal phone data and the Data Plans all fall into the Cash Cow, Dog, Problem child category just that I cant be explaining which is which... So... It is still paid for to get an access into the internet.

So.. just print this and shove it up.

Piaun~~~
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On An Android Phone by Nobody: 2:05pm On May 22, 2012
Chizzybenjamin:

@ tolukosimi: abegi drop ur nos mak I holla u jare,as na only u dey speak my fone lingua grin

To holla, Please dont waste ur time calling the number quoted by chizzy cos i wont respond.. that is it.. i dnt have this time abeg... subscribe for data plan biko
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On An Android Phone by Brisingr(m): 3:16pm On May 22, 2012
KazeKage1: Now, i've tried this but not successful so far.
I have both softwares installed on my android tablet/phone. I've created both APNs but which do i use as the default, cause i've tried using the B-Berry as my default apn but that didn't work, i'm using the mtn apn settings now,and the message i'm getting is "Bootstrapped 10%:Finishing handshake....."

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks
am xperiencing the same thing can anybody help with this ?
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On An Android Phone by Chizzybenjamin(m): 3:37pm On May 22, 2012
tolukosimi:

To holla, 54013895 is the number on the 080 series.

Ama call ya on thursday man
Stay cool till den
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On An Android Phone by Bawss1(m): 7:20pm On May 22, 2012
faithin9ja:

Personally I never criticize innovation, afterall necessity is the mother of invention, but we must call a spade a spade. By using BIS bandwidth, we are using RIM servers, RIM service is cheaper essentially because of the technology they deploy. All over the world as far as I am aware BB is has cheaper data plans than the normal 3G plans used on other phones.

But those using this 'work-around' must admit they are trying to beat a system and cut corners for personal gain. How does this make us better than any of our politicians. With this type of mindset when we too get any type of position or power, we will continue to cut corners.

I comment on this forum on political matters and I have been accused of being a GEJ or PDP apologist, when actually what I am saying is Nigeria deserves the leaders we get, when we the populace are all individually corrupt (I include myself). The sooner we realize this the better for all of us.

Jailbreaking and modding are not in any way similar to politicians who steal money from public coffers. While Jailbreaking is frowned upon by some manufacturers because it allows users to run unsigned code or make use of a device in ways different from what the manufacturer intended it is not illegal. If it were so then people who custom build cars are criminals. There is no legislation that is against people using a device they legally own as they deem fit. Thieving politicians are, on the other hand,helping themselves to funds that isn't their's for use that is outside their mandate. Lumping these two different activities under the banner of corruption is an indication that you misunderstand these issues thoroughly.
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On An Android Phone by Bawss1(m): 7:41pm On May 22, 2012
Oops. Double post
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On An Android Phone by francis247(m): 7:53pm On May 22, 2012
aieromon:

Unlimited data plan,ok
including downloads? Great! WILL IT WORK FOR STREAMING?
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On An Android Phone by soronzo: 8:12am On May 23, 2012
Will ot work on my iphone 3gs
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On An Android Phone by Nobody: 2:46pm On May 23, 2012
How Can You Help Me Activate Wifi Of Android Tablet Cherry 7 ?

No sim space

The features are these:

• Cherry Tablet 7 "CPU processor speed: 1.0 GHz
• Memory: 256 MB DDR2
• Capacity: 4GB
• Rechargeable Battery: 2400 mAh
• Connectivity: WiFi LAN
• Operating System: Google Android 2.3 (supports Flash)
• Display: TFT resistive touch screen
• Output: USB 2.0

Here is the attachment photo of it. Hope to hear from you.
Thanks.

Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On An Android Phone by kael: 5:48pm On May 23, 2012
fewj: just tried it on my ipad and its working, praise airtel!

please how did you get it working on your iPad.
I'm completely confused because there isn't any orbot app in the app store
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On An Android Phone by Nobody: 7:55pm On May 23, 2012
kael:

please how did you get it working on your iPad.
I'm completely confused because there isn't any orbot app in the app store

On the ipad, you don't need to install any app. Just recharge N1,500 and activate airtel blackberry complete plan which cost N1,400. That would be your monthly cost instead of N3,000 monthly for the tablet plan.
The ipad can't send sms so you'll have to call customer care(111) to activate the blackberry complete plan for you, or you could remove your sim card and place it in a phone to activate the plan (Send BCM to 444 to activate). To recharge your ipad, you could use me2you or the sim application function.
To access the sim application function, go to settings, cellular data, sim applications, my zain account (or my airtel account) then top up. You'll the get a screen with dialing options, only dial the recharge card pin without the *126* and the # at the end, just dial the pin only to recharge.

Kindly note that you need to setup your APN to be able to access the internet, To do this, go to settings, cellular data, APN settings
APN = internet.ng.airtel.com
username and password = internet

Note
1. This settings would work on any phone be it andriod, java, nokia, etc
2. My iPad runs iOs 5.1.1 so if your procedure is different, its probably because you're running a different iOS version but it will work anyway
3. This setting is not illegal, so its not free, you pay 1,500 monthly for it
4. To get it to work on other phones use the above stated APN for your phone, recharge the N1,500 and Send BCM to 444 to activate
5. Am not sure this can be done exactly this way with MTN, Etisalat, GLO etc, because i've never tried this on those networks!
6. If you're not using an iPad, kindly ignore the recharge process i stated above and recharge your phone normally

1 Like

Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On An Android Phone by kael: 10:36pm On May 23, 2012
fewj:

On the ipad, you don't need to install any app. Just recharge N1,500 and activate airtel blackberry complete plan which cost N1,400. That would be your monthly cost instead of N3,000 monthly for the tablet plan.
The ipad can't send sms so you'll have to call customer care(111) to activate the blackberry complete plan for you, or you could remove your sim card and place it in a phone to activate the plan (Send BCM to 444 to activate). To recharge your ipad, you could use me2you or the sim application function.
To access the sim application function, go to settings, cellular data, sim applications, my zain account (or my airtel account) then top up. You'll the get a screen with dialing options, only dial the recharge card pin without the *126* and the # at the end, just dial the pin only to recharge.

Kindly note that you need to setup you APN to be able to access the internet, To do this, go to settings, cellular data, APN settings
username and password = internet

Note
1. This settings would work on any phone be it andriod, java, nokia, etc
2. My iPad runs iOs 5.1.1 so if your procedure is different, its probably because you're running a different iOS version but it will work anyway
3. This setting is not illegal, so its not free, you pay 1,500 monthly for it
4. To get it to work on other phones use the above stated APN for your phone, recharge the N1,500 and Send BCM to 444 to activate
5. Am not sure this can be done exactly this way with MTN, Etisalat, GLO etc, because i've never tried this on those networks!
6. If you're not using an iPad, kindly ignore the recharge process i stated above and recharge your phone normally

I'm using the iPad 3 running on 5.1. Is the plan unlimited
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On An Android Phone by Nobody: 8:20am On May 24, 2012
I don't know if it's unlimited, I just got it working. To get a sure unlimited which I currently use on my modem 4 my pc, follow this thread https://www.nairaland.com/938384/mtn-nigeria-unlimited-internet-download
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On An Android Phone by Brisingr(m): 2:56pm On May 24, 2012
hancock: working on my sg2 cool
nice one
hancock did u do any other additional settings have bin trying to get it to work on sg2
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On An Android Phone by t2aoa(m): 7:07pm On May 24, 2012
Thx so much for d post,pls how do I get it done with iPhone4s thx in advance
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On An Android Phone by zenus(m): 8:36pm On May 24, 2012
It's like it works with rooted Android only
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On An Android Phone by hancock(m): 10:28pm On May 24, 2012
Brisingr: hancock did u do any other additional settings have bin trying to get it to work on sg2

u need a rooted sg2 to get it working.
as of now i am tethering form my sg2 to ipad2 cool
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On An Android Phone by Brisingr(m): 11:04pm On May 24, 2012
hancock:

u need a rooted sg2 to get it working.
as of now i am tethering form my sg2 to ipad2 cool
my sg2 is rooted too.so no other change except rooting i keep getting this message :Problem boothstrapping.stuck at 5% connecting to directory server and 10% wit d normal mtn Apn
damn wat am i missing ?
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On An Android Phone by KazeKage1: 8:01am On May 26, 2012
Brisingr: my sg2 is rooted too.so no other change except rooting i keep getting this message :Problem boothstrapping.stuck at 5% connecting to directory server and 10% wit d normal mtn Apn
damn wat am i missing ?
I ain't the only one getting this message then, i guess.
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On An Android Phone by t2aoa(m): 6:54pm On May 26, 2012
fewj: On the ipad, you don't need to install any app. Just recharge
N1,500 and activate airtel blackberry complete plan which cost
N1,400. That would be your monthly cost instead of N3,000
monthly for the tablet plan.
The ipad can't send sms so you'll have to call customer care
(111) to activate the blackberry complete plan for you, or you could remove your sim card and place it in a phone to activate
the plan (Send BCM to 444 to activate). To recharge your ipad, you could use me2you or the sim application function.
To access the sim application function, go to settings, cellular
data, sim applications, my zain account (or my airtel account)
then top up. You'll the get a screen with dialing options, only
dial the recharge card pin without the *126* and the # at the
end, just dial the pin only to recharge. Kindly note that you need to setup you APN to be able to
access the internet, To do this, go to settings, cellular data,
APN settings
username and password = internet Note
1. This settings would work on any phone be it andriod, java,
nokia, etc
2. My iPad runs iOs 5.1.1 so if your procedure is different, its
probably because you're running a different iOS version but it
will work anyway 3. This setting is not illegal, so its not free, you pay 1,500
monthly for it
4. To get it to work on other phones use the above stated APN
for your phone, recharge the N1,500 and Send BCM to 444 to
activate
5. Am not sure this can be done exactly this way with MTN, Etisalat, GLO etc, because i've never tried this on those
networks!
6. If you're not using an iPad, kindly ignore the recharge
process i stated above and recharge your phone normally

Still kindly help to solve this iPhone 4s palava bro,how do I go about it pls?,thx in advance
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On An Android Phone by malikalhaj: 7:04pm On May 26, 2012
Brisingr: my sg2 is rooted too.so no other change except rooting i keep getting this message :Problem boothstrapping.stuck at 5% connecting to directory server and 10% wit d normal mtn Apn
damn wat am i missing ?
Dude did u even read the first post at all?
He said apn shld be "blackberry.net" no the normal apn which is "web.gprs.mtnnigeria.net"
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On An Android Phone by Brisingr(m): 7:22pm On May 26, 2012
oga malikalhaj i stuck to d rules i only started changing things when it didn't work 4 me
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On An Android Phone by solibayo: 8:15pm On May 26, 2012
tolukosimi:

Guy... No phone cant be rooted... I can root ur phone for u... Worst worst... install another ROM on it... I have done lots and lots of stunts mhen
@tolukosimi HD7 is a windows phone 7 phone and not android so instead of marketing urself first, look if such falls under your claimed domain and der's no tor app on wp7 yet
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On An Android Phone by solibayo: 8:29pm On May 26, 2012
has anybody really bin successful using mtn bis?
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On An Android Phone by indigold2010(m): 10:38pm On May 26, 2012
t2+aoa:
fewj: On the ipad, you don't need to install any app. Just recharge
N1,500 and activate airtel blackberry complete plan which cost
N1,400. That would be your monthly cost instead of N3,000
monthly for the tablet plan.
The ipad can't send sms so you'll have to call customer care
(111) to activate the blackberry complete plan for you, or you could remove your sim card and place it in a phone to activate
the plan (Send BCM to 444 to activate). To recharge your ipad, you could use me2you or the sim application function.
To access the sim application function, go to settings, cellular
data, sim applications, my zain account (or my airtel account)
then top up. You'll the get a screen with dialing options, only
dial the recharge card pin without the *126* and the # at the
end, just dial the pin only to recharge. Kindly note that you need to setup you APN to be able to
access the internet, To do this, go to settings, cellular data,
APN settings
username and password = internet Note
1. This settings would work on any phone be it andriod, java,
nokia, etc
2. My iPad runs iOs 5.1.1 so if your procedure is different, its
probably because you're running a different iOS version but it
will work anyway 3. This setting is not illegal, so its not free, you pay 1,500
monthly for it
4. To get it to work on other phones use the above stated APN
for your phone, recharge the N1,500 and Send BCM to 444 to
activate
5. Am not sure this can be done exactly this way with MTN, Etisalat, GLO etc, because i've never tried this on those
networks!
6. If you're not using an iPad, kindly ignore the recharge
process i stated above and recharge your phone normally

Still kindly help to solve this iPhone 4s palava bro,how do I go about it pls?,thx in advance

I have been using the social plan on my iPhone 4 and it cost 1200 and u still get the same 1gb package, so y don't u save #200

1 Like

Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On An Android Phone by Lagosianswag: 10:59pm On May 26, 2012
solibayo:
@tolukosimi HD7 is a windows phone 7 phone and not android so instead of marketing urself first, look if such falls under your claimed domain and der's no tor app on wp7 yet

HTC HD7 Can be converted to android os by installing a custom bootrom on it. Thats the fun of using a htc hd. You have a choice of changing your OS smiley
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On An Android Phone by indigold2010(m): 9:46am On May 27, 2012
am not sure hd7 can be converted , but am sure of hd2
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On An Android Phone by KazeKage1: 4:19pm On May 27, 2012
Can anyone using mtn bis please explain how they went about theirs? Still getting the same error.
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On An Android Phone by malikalhaj: 9:07pm On May 27, 2012
Brisingr: oga malikalhaj i stuck to d rules i only started changing things when it didn't work 4 me
Are u using the latest orbot? 1.3 I think. . .just tested it now and it worked. Try the blackberry apn ordinarily. Its working ere without orbot
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On An Android Phone by KazeKage1: 11:23pm On May 27, 2012
malikalhaj:
Are u using the latest orbot? 1.3 I think. . .just tested it now and it worked. Try the blackberry apn ordinarily. Its working ere without orbot
Are you using mtn bis? Can you kindly post the exact steps you used that worked for u. thanks
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On An Android Phone by mez(m): 11:56pm On May 27, 2012
flameforx: how do i use this on a nokia n8,plz i need help

I was gonna ask this same question, cos I wanna buy N8 soon. Any info guys?

BTW, OP, buddy, u rock.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

** BUY/SELL: PAYONEER, SKRILL, NETELLER, PM etc! / Newly Constructed Highway In China. / We sell perfectly working fairly used Laptop 's screen, hard drive, ram etc here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.