Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,761 members, 7,955,895 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 06:02 PM

Yam Balls - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Yam Balls (1510 Views)

Would You Eat This Strange Looking Yam(photos) / How To Make Yam Balls / Pictures Of A Yam That Resembles A Folded Fist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Yam Balls by demmykay: 8:52am On May 21, 2012
I ate yam balls sometimes ago at my cousins place. It was lovely and taste real good. Can anyone help me wit d recipe/procedure. Tanks
Re: Yam Balls by yme1(f): 10:37am On May 21, 2012
INGREDIENTS
2 lbs yams,cooked
1 large onion, finely minced
3 fresh tomatoes, peeled and finely diced
1 teaspoon cayenne
1 pint peanut oil,divided
1/4-1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
salt to taste
2 eggs, beaten
1 tablespoon flour

DIRECTIONS
Mash cooked yam until smooth.

In bowl, combine half of the tomatoes and half of the onions. Add cayenne. Fry in 1/4 cup peanut oil.

Season with thyme and salt, to taste.

In another bowl, combine fried mixture, remaining onions and tomatoes, and mashed yam. Add eggs and mix well.

On a pastry board sprinkled with flour, form yam mixture into balls.

Heat remaining oil and deep-fry yam balls until golden brown. Drain.

Garnish with hard-boiled eggs.
Re: Yam Balls by uberuuche09: 11:55pm On May 21, 2012
Ur welcome we produce it in our farm so we have enuogh of it.call 07030470927

(1) (Reply)

Why Over Feed Yourself When you know that it Could Harm You? / Original Macdowells No.1 Whisky. Selling Fast And Cheaper / How To Cook Jollof Plantain - Cooking Guide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.