Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,452 members, 7,826,735 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 07:23 PM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (290) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1739769 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) ... (916) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 7:59am On Jan 06, 2017
iWise:

This is not completely accurate. I know for a fact that the department of mathematics does not require SAQA.

Every department require SAQA,however some depts like maths gives waiver to attract international students,knowing fully that International students are the backbone of research in the School . Media studies dept also gives waiver for this .
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 8:01am On Jan 06, 2017
royalkonsults:
I forgot marriage certificate at home when submitting my application for study permit, the Vfs officer asked and I jokingly told him, am a man, it's woman property, he only laughed and agree!
I hope it won't affect my application?
pls share your views or experience. I am going for PhD.
It won't affect .
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by wine4dguy: 1:55pm On Jan 06, 2017
Ariel20:

Stellenbosch didn't request SAQA too when I applied
have you done registration?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 3:12pm On Jan 06, 2017
wine4dguy:
have you done registration?

What registration? Are you in SA already?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by bigerboy200: 3:40pm On Jan 06, 2017
samtol4:
Every department require SAQA,however some depts like maths gives waiver to attract international students,knowing fully that International students are the backbone of research in the School . Media studies dept also gives waiver for this .
best one does the the saqa one time..cos it's needed when applying for funding/grants/scholarship...or even a job.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by wine4dguy: 4:11pm On Jan 06, 2017
Ariel20:

What registration? Are you in SA already?
PG registration or you turned down the offer?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by olusegunthomas(m): 6:46pm On Jan 06, 2017
eddiebruk:

What permit do you want to apply for??
work permit
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:00pm On Jan 06, 2017
wine4dguy:
PG registration or you turned down the offer?

I applied for my permit since then but I'm yet to get a response.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by wine4dguy: 9:46pm On Jan 06, 2017
Ariel20:

I applied for my permit since then but I'm yet to get a response.

ah ah! Is it not more than two weeks? Mine was exactly two weeks and I picked it up. Registration has started though but have you confirmed your firm offer?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:48pm On Jan 06, 2017
wine4dguy:
ah ah! Is it not more than two weeks? Mine was exactly two weeks and I picked it up. Registration has started though but have you confirmed your firm offer?

I paid the initial installment as requested by the school to confirm my place.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by wine4dguy: 10:24pm On Jan 06, 2017
Ariel20:

I paid the initial installment as requested by the school to confirm my place.
oh ok that's fine but risky
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:52am On Jan 07, 2017
wine4dguy:
oh ok that's fine but risky
Ok
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Kentrasso(f): 10:18am On Jan 07, 2017
Hello all
Please can I apply for visit to the USA for two weeks from SA? I have a study permit
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by iWise(m): 11:22am On Jan 07, 2017
samtol4:

Pot|ei|toes Pot|a:|toes.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by royalkonsults(m): 11:47am On Jan 07, 2017
pls advise,
can i start withdrawing from my account. i submitted application last wednesday. i need to make some payment from my account.
pls, your views
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ife01(m): 11:48am On Jan 07, 2017
Yes
Kentrasso:
Hello all
Please can I apply for visit to the USA for two weeks from SA? I have a study permit
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ife01(m): 11:57am On Jan 07, 2017
I learnt they only call to confirm that the account is yours and not to confirm your balance. I may be wrong though. Others can make further clarifications.
royalkonsults:
pls advise,
can i start withdrawing from my account. i submitted application last wednesday. i need to make some payment from my account.
pls, your views
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by folagal: 2:34pm On Jan 07, 2017
Good day everybody, pls I have summited my application for study permit on the 28 of Nov, 2016 at Lagos vfs, and up till now, I have not hear from them, each time I track it online, it's always stating that my "application is under assessment"....my questions are

1)has anybody who summited nov pick his/her visa? Or am I the only one passing thru this?

2) could it be that something went wrong with my application?

3) my schedule flight is on the 15th of Jan, hope the date won't affect the application if the date lapse while the app is stl at their custody?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 3:50pm On Jan 07, 2017
folagal:
Good day everybody, pls I have summited my application for study permit on the 28 of Nov, 2016 at Lagos vfs, and up till now, I have not hear from them, each time I track it online, it's always stating that my "application is under assessment"....my questions are

1)has anybody who summited nov pick his/her visa? Or am I the only one passing thru this?

2) could it be that something went wrong with my application?

3) my schedule flight is on the 15th of Jan, hope the date won't affect the application if the date lapse while the app is stl at their custody?

That makes the two of us...
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by folagal: 7:00pm On Jan 07, 2017
Pls does anyone have the numbers of the embassy that I can contact, pls am losing patience so fast....
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by vananulus(m): 8:21pm On Jan 07, 2017
Good day house, i applied for my study visa on the 1st of dec last year and I'm yet to get it, i called the embassy yesterday and i was told study visa takes 30 working days for processing which should be late January but i used a flight booking of early january, now i concerned if it won't affect d visa issuance.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:40pm On Jan 07, 2017
folagal:
Pls does anyone have the numbers of the embassy that I can contact, pls am losing patience so fast....

I already did that...The person who picked confidently told me to chill. grin You can also try 01 461 2067 grin

We don enter
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Sassyp(m): 4:10pm On Jan 09, 2017
Hello guys,pls where can i BUY rands in lagos and how much is 1rand to naira?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Swith(m): 7:14pm On Jan 09, 2017
I applied for SA visitors visa at VFS Lagos on the 13th of DEC though my flight was scheduled on 24th DEC, But up till now I haven't gotten any message that the Visa is ready and when I checked online it says is still under process.

1.. is anyone also experiencing this?

2. What can I possibly do because it taking too much time?

3. Again since my I couldn't meet up with my flight schedule will it affect the Visa?

Anyone with useful info should assist me.
Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 12:38pm On Jan 10, 2017
Sassyp:
Hello guys,pls where can i BUY rands in lagos and how much is 1rand to naira?
The rate is now very high in black market due to bank refusal to sell . @airport you can buy but if you have access ATM card you swipe in SA at good rate
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Sassyp(m): 6:57pm On Jan 10, 2017
I dont have or use access bank....do u have any idea how much they change for at the airport?
samtol4:
The rate is now very high in black market due to bank refusal to sell . @airport you can buy but if you have access ATM card you swipe in SA at good rate
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 8:25pm On Jan 10, 2017
Sassyp:
I dont have or use access bank....do u have any idea how much they change for at the airport?
30 to 35

(1) (2) (3) ... (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) ... (916) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.