Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,160 members, 7,818,531 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:03 PM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (33) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1734602 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (915) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ekundayomi: 10:34pm On Mar 09, 2013
Babechemist01: . Is dat d only reason why d visa was denied or wat oda reasons was given?

That was the only reason stated. I need to know which airline to do my booking with and how long the booking will last for.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by henrychubayo: 1:36pm On Mar 10, 2013
Good day friends. I just want to know where my wife can apply for Accompany Spouse Permit to join me here in SA. Is there anyone here who have recently applied for the permit and got it approved? What documents did you submit? How long did it take? I need urgent response. My resident status is on WORK PERMIT 5 YEARS.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Waleabimbola(m): 9:46pm On Mar 10, 2013
henrychubayo: Good day friends. I just want to know where my wife can apply for Accompany Spouse Permit to join me here in SA. Is there anyone here who have recently applied for the permit and got it approved? What documents did you submit? How long did it take? I need urgent response. My resident status is on WORK PERMIT 5 YEARS.
It's much easier if she comes into south Africa as a visitor and then she applied for accompany spouse...within 2 weeks it will be approved.
My wife did same thing anyway

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by opsy4real1: 10:33am On Mar 11, 2013
so nobody here applied for visa from abuja who can help with information?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by omobaba101(m): 1:49pm On Mar 11, 2013
Is Police Report required for SA visa. When last I traveled, I didn't have a PR, and I'm intending to apply for another visa now, can someone say something about this?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by 4teelaw(f): 5:24pm On Mar 11, 2013
I am trying to process SA Visas for my colleagues who I am sending for a conference in Capetown
Please what do they mean by verifiable hotel booking and flight reservation?
Are we supposed to pay for the tickets and hotel before applying for the visa?
How long will it take to process? My company will be sponsoring them on this trip.
Your prompt response will be appreciated.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ekundayomi: 9:57pm On Mar 11, 2013
4teelaw: I am trying to process SA Visas for my colleagues who I am sending for a conference in Capetown
How long will it take to process? My company will be sponsoring them on this trip.

we need answer to this question..
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nasgideon(m): 10:33pm On Mar 11, 2013
I need a visa to SA or Ghana and I just don't have anything all I need is a step by step procedure to get my international passport and Visa please I need help
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Pelumiv(m): 10:36pm On Mar 11, 2013
ekundayomi:

we need answer to this question..

It means u have to use a paid hotel but not a paid ticket. You can make a flight booking without paying.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Pelumiv(m): 10:37pm On Mar 11, 2013
Nasgideon: I need a visa to SA or Ghana and I just don't have anything all I need is a step by step procedure to get my international passport and Visa please I need help

Kindly read the thread from the beginning and you will be fine.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by swaggaprince(m): 4:48am On Mar 12, 2013
smiley
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by opsy4real1: 7:25am On Mar 12, 2013
thank u. I got my first visa issued frm lagos in Decembegp last year under 3wks which was stil normal but now i'v seen people wit their applications taking longer even up to 3months in lagos. So I fear the imminent delays thats why am considering applyin thru Abuja. Or have they regularised their processing time in lagos bak to d normal 6-10working days?
swaggaprince: I applied frm lagos exact a week ago and I got d visa today buh it was through an agent though,you can try lagos if you are not sure about Abuja
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by 4teelaw(f): 8:19am On Mar 12, 2013
Pelumiv:

It means u have to use a paid hotel but not a paid ticket. You can make a flight booking without paying.

they also asked for verifiable flight ticket.
do I have to pay for the ticket too?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Pelumiv(m): 11:52am On Mar 12, 2013
4teelaw:

they also asked for verifiable flight ticket.
do I have to pay for the ticket too?
what this means is that you have to have a flight itinerary to show them which can be verified. You can show them a booking from any airline. If you pay for the ticket and you don't get the visa, then that is a waste. Read the thread from the beginning you find your answer.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ibrak200: 12:54pm On Mar 12, 2013
Pelumiv:
what this means is that you have to have a flight itinerary to show them which can be verified. You can show them a booking from any airline. If you pay for the ticket and you don't get the visa, then that is a waste. Read the thread from the beginning you find your answer.
please if I have an invitation letter from my south african friend do I still need to write an application letter for the south african visa ?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by collinsfbi(m): 3:47pm On Mar 12, 2013
4teelaw: I am trying to process SA Visas for my colleagues who I am sending for a conference in Capetown
As Pelumiv rightly said, be sure you use a paid hotel as evidence of your accommodation but you do not need to pay for your flight itinerary, meanwhile try and use South African Airways reservation and since your company will be sponsoring your trip, include an official letter of introduction from your company addressed to the embassy and don't forget to include copies of company CAC certificate, company SOA and the applicant SOA and other important documents.

SOA: Statement of Account

Gbamm over n out
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by collinsfbi(m): 4:05pm On Mar 12, 2013
omobaba101: Is Police Report required for SA visa. When last I traveled, I didn't have a PR, and I'm intending to apply for another visa now, can someone say something about this?
You don't need PR for tourist visa but you need it for study/residence permit if applying from naija.

Gbamm over n out

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by collinsfbi(m): 4:56pm On Mar 12, 2013
ibrak200: please if I have an invitation letter from my south african friend do I still need to write an application letter for the south african visa ?
Yes
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by omonaijar: 6:47pm On Mar 12, 2013
Hello house. I live in Abeokuta and some yrs bak I applied for study permit in abuja because its faster, but was told I had to go to lagos because I reside in the south. Does anyone know if this rule still holds for all types of visa? Tx.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by swaggaprince(m): 10:27pm On Mar 12, 2013
emma2ways: Hello friends, I will be traveling this Sunday to Sa... I want to ask dis .. I book my airticket on 17th of dis month to return 17th next month.. I also book hotel reservation 17th to 17th of next month..my visa is to expire 25th June, I dnt know if d immigration will allow me to travel.. because my BTA is nt dat much ...will 500dollars see me through? Pls tell me friends.. Tnks
pls house will the hotel reservation b a paid one as I do not intend to stay in a hotel but just to fulfill all righteous cos of immigration officers questions
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by henrychubayo: 7:12am On Mar 13, 2013
Waleabimbola:
It's much easier if she comes into south Africa as a visitor and then she applied for accompany spouse...within 2 weeks it will be approved.
My wife did same thing anyway
@waleabimbola Thank you very much my brother for your reply. Plz can you list to me all the documents you and your wife submitted? Which home affair approved it within two weeks? Plz am waiting urgently. Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by 4teelaw(f): 8:29am On Mar 13, 2013
swaggaprince: pls house will the hotel reservation b a paid one as I do not intend to stay in a hotel but just to fulfill all righteous cos of immigration officers questions
yup, u still gotta pay, I just did a bank transfer to the hotels to pay for my colleagues
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by swaggaprince(m): 8:51am On Mar 13, 2013
4teelaw:
yup, u still gotta pay, I just did a bank transfer to the hotels to pay for my colleagues
I already got d visa and am flying,buh they said I shud hold a copy of a hotel reservation and I do not intend stayin in one cos am going to stay wif a frnd,dats why am asking if am just to reserve or pay for d booking so tins wnt go amiss at d airport.I nid ur response still
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by papypapii: 10:09am On Mar 13, 2013
@swaggaprince,You dont have to pay for the hotel since you are staying with one of your friend..Immigration officers at the south africa airport doesnt call nor confirm..You need it mostly at the Nigeria Airports because of the greedy immigration officers
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by collinsfbi(m): 10:11am On Mar 13, 2013
swaggaprince: I already got d visa and am flying,buh they said I shud hold a copy of a hotel reservation and I do not intend stayin in one cos am going to stay wif a frnd,dats why am asking if am just to reserve or pay for d booking so tins wnt go amiss at d airport.I nid ur response still
swaggaprince: pls house will the hotel reservation b a paid one as I do not intend to stay in a hotel but just to fulfill all righteous cos of immigration officers questions
If you have your visa already, you do not need to present a pay hotel reservation to the immigration at the airport, ordinary reservation without payment is alright with immigration officials. Only the embassy required paid hotel reservation and that should be during visa processing as some people only pay for a week reservation to secure visa but intend to spend more than a week. Just make sure you that the reservation you intend to present to the immigration correspond with your flight itinerary.

Gbamm over n out

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by collinsfbi(m): 10:18am On Mar 13, 2013
4teelaw:
You can present the hotel reservation you used for the visa processing if it's paid, valid and correspond with your flight itinerary but if you intend to stay longer that the number of days initially decleared in reservation used during visa processing, you can as well use another reservation without pay as long as it correspond with your flight itinerary when flying.

Gbamm over n out

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by swaggaprince(m): 10:53am On Mar 13, 2013
collinsfbi: You can present the hotel reservation you used for the visa processing if it's paid, valid and correspond with your flight itinerary but if you intend to stay longer that the number of days initially decleared in reservation used during visa processing, you can as well use another reservation without pay as long as it correspond with your flight itinerary when flying.

Gbamm over n out
thanx @ all,well noted.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by swaggaprince(m): 10:55am On Mar 13, 2013
collinsfbi: You can present the hotel reservation you used for the visa processing if it's paid, valid and correspond with your flight itinerary but if you intend to stay longer that the number of days initially decleared in reservation used during visa processing, you can as well use another reservation without pay as long as it correspond with your flight itinerary when flying.

Gbamm over n out
any idea of a hotel I can reserve without paying?pls
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Waleabimbola(m): 12:30pm On Mar 13, 2013
henrychubayo:
@waleabimbola Thank you very much my brother for your reply. Plz can you list to me all the documents you and your wife submitted? Which home affair approved it within two weeks? Plz am waiting urgently. Thanks

It was handled by an immigration lawyer here, all he collected from me is my passport data page, wedding certificate, my valid work permit....and sum of 6000rand
My wife and daughter were given 5 years accompany spouse and accompany parent permit respectively.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (915) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.