Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,438 members, 7,819,610 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:07 PM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (385) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1735403 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (382) (383) (384) (385) (386) (387) (388) ... (915) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by explicite(m): 2:18pm On Feb 22, 2018
fetomowo:
Hello Guys! I got my study permit for Ph.D. today. Submitted on Tuesday 6th in VFS Lagos. Got to SA Embassy in Lagos on Wednesday, 7th. Processed and dispatched to VFS for Collection on the 12th. That's roughly 4 to 5 days. Decided to pick it up today 14th. All done in about a week.

Thank you guys for all the advise.

Hello, can you help me out with how you booked verifiable flight for the visa, thanks

2 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Diamond1960: 5:32pm On Feb 22, 2018
Go to any Airline website book as if you plan travelling, Once you get to payment section indicate that you will pay later on the airline website automatically the flight itinerary will be sent to your email. That is what you will take to the embassy. You can do that a day prior to your vfs appointment.
explicite:

Hello, can you help me out with how you booked verifiable flight for the visa, thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Simcha: 5:33pm On Feb 22, 2018
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Simcha: 5:37pm On Feb 22, 2018
imoniyi:

What course are u applying for and is it undergraduate? U can only write NBT in SA oo. U should check the uni the deadline of when ur nbt should be done cos u can pick from the dates available.

Undergraduate medicine & surgery. I will be applying to University of Kwazulu-Natal where NBT is required. The school can only grant me an admission after passing the test. And I can't do the test outside SA. Since SA embassy don't issue visa except one first secured an admission, what kind of visa should I apply for? I already have a South African citizen as my sponsor.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by futureme: 7:51pm On Feb 22, 2018
imoniyi:

I am also surprised oo. Haven't heard of this b4. That passport office at sandton ehn

Hi Everyone,

I would like to confirm that the cost of renewing Nigerian Int'l passport in Johannesburg is USD106 (online option) plus additional R50 paid to Nigerian High Commission in Rosebank. After the payment, I went to Rivonia office for data capturing and I collected my international passport the following day. The whole process lasted for just three days. First day for the payment, second day for data capturing and the third day for data capturing.

2 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by imoniyi(f): 10:36pm On Feb 22, 2018
Simcha:

Undergraduate medicine & surgery. I will be applying to University of Kwazulu-Natal where NBT is required. The school can only grant me an admission after passing the test. And I can't do the test outside SA. Since SA embassy don't issue visa except one first secured an admission, what kind of visa should I apply for? I already have a South African citizen as my sponsor.

Not to discourage u. UKZN doesn't give admission to international students for medicine. But I know nbt is required for all those medical course. Cos I wrote it one year like that. I even went to ukzn I was told they don't give admission to foreigners, email the faculty to be sure oo. That was in 2014 sha maybe they changed now
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Simcha: 12:20am On Feb 23, 2018
imoniyi:

Not to discourage u. UKZN doesn't give admission to international students for medicine. But I know nbt is required for all those medical course. Cos I wrote it one year like that. I even went to ukzn I was told they don't give admission to foreigners, email the faculty to be sure oo. That was in 2014 sha maybe they changed now

Thanks for your responses! I don't mind changing the course then. Since almost unis in SA require applicant to write NBT, how can I go about it? I mean the visa of a thing.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 6:37am On Feb 23, 2018
explicite:
Hello
Please who has information on how to go about "Booking Verifiable Flight" for study permit application.
Urgent replies please.
get to any vfs center, they will help you. You can book when you want to submit
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by imoniyi(f): 7:48am On Feb 23, 2018
Simcha:

Thanks for your responses! I don't mind changing the course then. Since almost unis in SA require applicant to write NBT, how can I go about it? I mean the visa of a thing.

I don't know the visa u need. U can try other unis for medicine. Nbt is only for medical course not all courses. There are some courses where u don't need nbt. I think u should apply for visitors visa maybe. Then apply for a study permit in SA after u have been given admission
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by fetomowo: 9:49am On Feb 23, 2018
explicite:

Yes. You can book a flight from flysaa.com thats South African Airways (Not any other airline) for Visa processing.

Book a round trip. It will expire in 72 hours. So book close to the date you will submit your application.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Diamond1960: 11:23am On Feb 23, 2018
Don't they collect payment in Rands? While do we have to pay in dollars?
futureme:

Hi Everyone,

I would like to confirm that the cost of renewing Nigerian Int'l passport in Johannesburg is USD106 (online option) plus additional R50 paid to Nigerian High Commission in Rosebank. After the payment, I went to Rivonia office for data capturing and I collected my international passport the following day. The whole process lasted for just three days. First day for the payment, second day for data capturing and the third day for data capturing.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 9:49pm On Feb 23, 2018
Diamond1960:
Don't they collect payment in Rands? While do we have to pay in dollars?
You pay in Rand's but they calculated in dollars .

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 6:44am On Feb 25, 2018
I came across a post where a guy needs Naira for 3300 rands. Does he still want to change.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 6:49am On Feb 25, 2018
I need about 3k rand.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by SophiaE: 7:41am On Feb 25, 2018
Hi guys
I am new here. Read the trend as much as I could. Really fascinating the help been rendered here. You all are amazing.
I am a BSc degree holder, I want to study for my MSc in Cape town. I need guidance and assistant. This is the step I have taken. I submitted for SAQA evaluation, received a message it will be out by 13th of March.
If anyone has an idea how much this whole process will cost me, or a list of things I should do or prepare to do, like step one, step 2, especially in getting the admission or what school to apply to. Now I am considering CPUT, because I couldn't understand anything on UCT'S website.
I just need help and I want to start early so I don't be in a rush. And I concluded most agents don't know alot about study visa. Thanks I hope someone picks up my case and my message was not too long.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by 4loveisgod(m): 10:43am On Feb 25, 2018
For Ethiopia airline, what is the maximum weight of load they accept for free. And in my carry-on; can I carry about five novels in the carry-on bag?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Diamond1960: 11:03am On Feb 25, 2018
Alright broo.
samtol4:
You pay in Rand's but they calculated in dollars .
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Diamond1960: 11:12am On Feb 25, 2018
WOOW YOU HAVE ACTUALLY DONE THE RIGHT THING BY DOING SAQA FIRST. The point is admission into SA UNI are done a year before you resume to the school pending your admission into the school. Lately, SA university prefers students to enrol for HoNS before proceeding for MSC/mCOM depending on the course you wanna study. Step one Apply to any university and get the admission letter. Step two: Once you get the admission letter apply for your Medical AIds, Medical report, Radiological report, Police clearance certificate, yellow fever certificate, bank statement. Step Three: Come back on nairaland for more info.
SophiaE:
Hi guys
I am new here. Read the trend as much as I could. Really fascinating the help been rendered here. You all are amazing.
I am a BSc degree holder, I want to study for my MSc in Cape town. I need guidance and assistant. This is the step I have taken. I submitted for SAQA evaluation, received a message it will be out by 13th of March.
If anyone has an idea how much this whole process will cost me, or a list of things I should do or prepare to do, like step one, step 2, especially in getting the admission or what school to apply to. Now I am considering CPUT, because I couldn't understand anything on UCT'S website.
I just need help and I want to start early so I don't be in a rush. And I concluded most agents don't know alot about study visa. Thanks I hope someone picks up my case and my message was not too long.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Diamond1960: 11:18am On Feb 25, 2018
You can carry five novels in your carry-on bag. YOU ARE ALLOWED TO CARRY A LAPTOP BAG AS WELL AS ANOTHER HAND LUGGAGE FOR FREE.

Note: The weight of each bag shall not exceed 23 kg (50 lbs)/158 cm (62 inches) max. in Economy, And 32 kg (70 lbs)/158 cm (62 inches) max. in Cloud Nine.
4loveisgod:
For Ethiopia airline, what is the maximum weight of load they accept for free.
And in my carry-on; can I carry about five novels in the carry-on bag?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by SophiaE: 12:03pm On Feb 25, 2018
Diamond1960:
WOOW YOU HAVE ACTUALLY DONE THE RIGHT THING BY DOING SAQA FIRST. The point is admission into SA UNI are done a year before you resume to the school pending your admission into the school. Lately, SA university prefers students to enrol for HoNS before proceeding for MSC/mCOM depending on the course you wanna study. Step one Apply to any university and get the admission letter. Step two: Once you get the admission letter apply for your Medical AIds, Medical report, Radiological report, Police clearance certificate, yellow fever certificate, bank statement. Step Three: Come back on nairaland for more info.

I hope I am writing this reply right. Thanks for your response. I will quickly check for details about "Hons" and then know what to apply. I don't mind doing that before proceeding to MSc.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Diamond1960: 12:03pm On Feb 25, 2018
WHICH PROFESSIONAL BODY CAN INFORMATION SYSTEMS GRADUATE REGISTER WITH IN ORDER TO PROCESS A CRITICAL SKILL VISA? AND THAT WILL ASLO BE ACCEPTED BY HOME AFFAIRS.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by deolama: 1:24pm On Feb 25, 2018
majekdom2:
I need about 3k rand.

send me a pm
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by drwrites: 4:45pm On Feb 25, 2018
Guys, there is something i am not getting about this Critical Work Permit thing - is one expected to be registered with a professional body back home in Nigeria or one has to be registered with a professional body in SA? What about the highly regulated fields like Medicine, Veterinary Meicine, Nursing and co? Again, as a pg student on study-permit, can one apply for th critical work permit thing?

Please who has rands for sale and in Jo'burg?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by xpress101(m): 8:32pm On Feb 25, 2018
Diamond1960:
WHICH PROFESSIONAL BODY CAN INFORMATION SYSTEMS GRADUATE REGISTER WITH IN ORDER TO PROCESS A CRITICAL SKILL VISA? AND THAT WILL ASLO BE ACCEPTED BY HOME AFFAIRS.

Professional bodies of your area of specialty.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Diamond1960: 9:26am On Feb 26, 2018
please try and read my question properly. I did ask ''WHICH PROFESSIONAL BODY CAN INFORMATION SYSTEMS GRADUATE REGISTER WITH'' since there are different professional bodies. I want an exact one that home affairs will accept.
xpress101:

Professional bodies of your area of specialty.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by infofta(m): 10:20am On Feb 26, 2018
@Manager007 please, I sent you a pm.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by explicite(m): 1:03pm On Feb 26, 2018
hello house,
I am applying for a study visa,
My admission letter states I am to complete my studies in December 2020
but my international passport will expire October 2020
considering this requirement on the checklist "A valid passport (validity of at least 30 days after the intended stay)"

what are my viable options... and has any one being in the same situation...?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ayinkala(m): 3:04pm On Feb 26, 2018
Hello House!

I submitted my Business Visa Application to VFS last week Thursday and I received a call from the South Africa Embassy this morning confirming some details on my application. The following questions were asked:

What do you do for a living?

What is the name and address of your company?

What is the name of your company's secretary?

What is your permanent address?

I answers them accordingly because I did the process myself.

Can somebody give me clue on what might have been going on with my application...Besides, when did SA embassy starting calling applicants on phone?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Manager007: 4:00pm On Feb 26, 2018
drwrites:
Guys, there is something i am not getting about this Critical Work Permit thing - is one expected to be registered with a professional body back home in Nigeria or one has to be registered with a professional body in SA? What about the highly regulated fields like Medicine, Veterinary Meicine, Nursing and co? Again, as a pg student on study-permit, can one apply for th critical work permit thing?

Please who has rands for sale and in Jo'burg?

Hello,

You have to be a member of a professional body in South Africa in order to qualify

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (382) (383) (384) (385) (386) (387) (388) ... (915) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.