Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,733 members, 7,847,967 topics. Date: Sunday, 02 June 2024 at 12:28 PM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (392) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1753349 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (389) (390) (391) (392) (393) (394) (395) ... (918) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 6:34am On Mar 28, 2018
topeolu1:
Seems visa processing is quite slow lately. Applied for a visit visa since 16th of this month and haven't got any reply. This is my second visit though. Anyone with similar experiences

I applied since 9th of this month, nothing yet.
Someone here said he applied since 19th of Feb...
It is well
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Jsegskenny: 6:36am On Mar 28, 2018
Same here i applied to the Abuja vfs on 19th and I am yet to get any update its short term too just a conference for five days and its sponsored by the academy of Science south Africa. Which is starting by 9th April, I am even tempted to tell the academy of Science to mail them, they have been asking for the visa outcome
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 6:37am On Mar 28, 2018
Jsegskenny:
Same here i applied to the Abuja vfs on 19th and I am yet to get any update its short term too just a conference for five days and its sponsored by the academy of Science south Africa. Which is starting by 9th April, I am even tempted to tell the academy of Science to mail them, they have been asking for the visa outcome
OK. Cool. Though mine is a study permit
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yomifoster: 6:56am On Mar 28, 2018
Please house, I want to apply for study permit renewal. I heard that I have to apply through vfs in Lagos. Is it true? Bcoz I applied my expired permit directly through the Embassy. So do I have to apply through vfs for the renewal? Thanks for prompt response
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Frankdavid8: 7:16am On Mar 28, 2018
Nobod. Only you know what you did in your first visit that’s making them to delay your second.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Frankdavid8: 7:17am On Mar 28, 2018
yomifoster:
Please house, I want to apply for study permit renewal. I heard that I have to apply through vfs in Lagos. Is it true? Bcoz I applied my expired permit directly through the Embassy. So do I have to apply through vfs for the renewal? Thanks for prompt response
Nobody. Only you know what you did in your first visit that’s delaying your second.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by reka(m): 8:28am On Mar 28, 2018
Authentication of your certificates....No
Police Report ...I don't think so. I think you have to make a fingerprint here and just send to Lagos and ask someone to help you in Lagos.
The third question, the only authority is in your question foreign affairs ministry in Abuja. You can DHL your document to someone in Nigeria to help you do them.

abdullahi45:

Pretoria or Joh'burg?

I am very far from Pretoria/ Johburg, and i tried to email them but no response... Anyone with idea to the below question please:

Hello Gurus in the house:

I would like to confirm if the Nigeria embassy in South Africa provide the below services for Nigerians:

1. Authentication of WAEC and BSc certificate.

2. Police report (Nigeria own)

3. Attestation of document (by Federal Ministry of Foreign Affairs)?

I need to be sure if I can get all these documents in Nigeria embassy in South Africa without having to go to Nigeria.

Is there any Nigeria embassy in Pretoria? I know of the one in Job'urg.

Thanks Gurus
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by abdullahi45: 3:19pm On Mar 28, 2018
reka:
Police Report ...I don't think so. I think you have to make a fingerprint here and just send to Lagos and ask someone to help you in Lagos.
The third question, the only authority is in your question foreign affairs ministry in Abuja. You can DHL your document to someone in Nigeria to help you do them.

Thanks for your timely response Guru but i just confirmed from Nigeria High Commission in Pretoria and i was told i can authenticate my certificates there but as for police report i need to visit Nigeria consulate general in Johannesburg.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yomifoster: 5:39pm On Mar 28, 2018
[Did u read my post at all? Or u were just quick to write something without comprehension? Or where did you see delay in my post?

Nobody. Only you know what you did in your first visit that’s delaying your second. [/quote]
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yomifoster: 5:42pm On Mar 28, 2018
SAQA is to authenticate and evaluate your certificate. It could be done online. Go to their website

reka:

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by abdullahi45: 11:28pm On Mar 28, 2018
yomifoster:
SAQA is to authenticate and evaluate your certificate. It could be done online. Go to their website

Read previous quotes
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Sholy9ja: 5:09am On Mar 29, 2018
Please do i need police report when applying for visiting visa? ??
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by eluquenson(m): 9:04am On Mar 29, 2018
Sholy9ja:
Please do i need police report when applying for visiting visa? ??
No
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Frankdavid8: 9:08am On Mar 29, 2018
Please who knows what’s delaying my visit visa since last week and I’m supposed to travel this Saturday very sad.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Jsegskenny: 9:14am On Mar 29, 2018
Frank Davids sorry about the prolonged delay. My application processing is already more than the official ten working days limit now, and nothing yet visit Visa too
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by geekybabe(f): 9:58am On Mar 29, 2018
topeolu1:
Seems visa processing is quite slow lately. Applied for a visit visa since 16th of this month and haven't got any reply. This is my second visit though. Anyone with similar experiences
Pls did you book an hotel? If yes which channels did you use? Direct or booking.com?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by topeolu1: 10:00am On Mar 29, 2018
Mine too.

Where did you apply? I applied in Abuja??
Jsegskenny:
Frank Davids sorry about the prolonged delay. My application processing is already more than the official ten working days limit now, and nothing yet visit Visa too
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by geekybabe(f): 10:00am On Mar 29, 2018
topeolu1:
Good morning people, I have read a couple of posts here saying hotel reservation on booking.com is no longer allowed for SA visa. Is that an official position from the High Commission I recently submitted my second tourist visa application, though awaiting response to my application anyway. I thought vfs would have said something about it if it's so? Methinks??

Please what hotel reservations did you use?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Jsegskenny: 10:10am On Mar 29, 2018
topeolu1:
Mine too.

Where did you apply? I applied in Abuja??

I also applied in Abuja at the vfs
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by topeolu1: 10:10am On Mar 29, 2018
Booking.com
geekybabe:

Please what hotel reservations did you use?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Frankdavid8: 10:29am On Mar 29, 2018
I applied in Lagos VFS. I don’t want to be discouraged about the whole thing it’s just taking too long and I’m here counting days.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by eluquenson(m): 10:35am On Mar 29, 2018
GUIDE TO PROCESSING TIMES AND WITHDRAWALS

The timelines given by South African High Commission in Nigeria for the processing of each application is minimum 6 working days. However visa applicants should bear in mind that each application is subject to an individual assessment and processing time may vary.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Frankdavid8: 10:39am On Mar 29, 2018
I also got a message saying is under process so it makes me wonder how long again since it’s has been received and under process.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by eluquenson(m): 10:56am On Mar 29, 2018
Frankdavid8:
I also got a message saying is under process so it makes me wonder how long again since it’s has been received and under process.
My first SA visit visa was issued at the 4th week while 2nd visa was processed within 4 working days.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by HelpingHands100: 8:30am On Mar 30, 2018
It seems something is wrong with the Vfs website and system. A friend's passport was delivered to him without any notice. He had tried tracking it but the page kept refreshing, then a day after, the delivery man brought his passport with visa. So I was wondering what would have happened if he had not paid for courier.
My advice for those expecting their visa, if the tracking page refreshes each time you supply your information and you're within Abuja, or Lagos as the case may be, visit Vfs physically. If you're far, send an email to Vfs or call their customer care line. Just an advice based on my friends experience please, I am not an authority.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:47am On Mar 30, 2018
HelpingHands100:
It seems something is wrong with the Vfs website and system. A friend's passport was delivered to him without any notice. He had tried tracking it but the page kept refreshing, then a day after, the delivery man brought his passport with visa. So I was wondering what would have happened if he had not paid for courier.
My advice for those expecting their visa, if the tracking page refreshes each time you supply your information and you're within Abuja, or Lagos as the case may be, visit Vfs physically. If you're far, send an email to Vfs or call their customer care line. Just an advice based on my friends experience please, I am not an authority.

This is serious o. What about those of us that didn't pay for courier service? I thought vfs would send an SMS or an email for collection. I am entering the 4th week since I submitted for study visa...
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Frankdavid8: 5:18pm On Mar 30, 2018
eluquenson:
My first SA visit visa was issued at the 4th week while 2nd visa was processed within 4 working days.
The visa was it out before your intended date of travel or your travel date has expired before when you got the visa please reply.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by eluquenson(m): 5:54pm On Mar 30, 2018
Frankdavid8:

The visa was it out before your intended date of travel or your travel date has expired before when you got the visa please reply.
Both before travel date. The most important thing is to apply when there is enough time before travel date, at least 2months interval.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Frankdavid8: 6:21pm On Mar 30, 2018
eluquenson:
Both before travel date. The most important thing is to apply when there is enough time before travel date, at least 2months interval.
Please give me your email or number I want to ask you for some few information it’s my first time of travel.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by eluquenson(m): 6:40pm On Mar 30, 2018
Frankdavid8:

Please give me your email or number I want to ask you for some few information it’s my first time of travel.
Okay, eluquenson@gmail.com
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by prof1999(m): 10:43pm On Mar 30, 2018
THANKS ALOT SIR @eluquenson... Good Day Good People. How Many Days Should I Book, When Booking Hotel Reservation For Study Visa.. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (389) (390) (391) (392) (393) (394) (395) ... (918) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.