Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,123 members, 7,814,939 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:27 AM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (534) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1730850 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (531) (532) (533) (534) (535) (536) (537) ... (915) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Geminita: 9:15am On May 22, 2019
Please NL my reference number shows NO RECORD FOUND on the vfs tracking site, I need help please
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by deolama: 9:20am On May 22, 2019
[quote author=Geminita post=78608121]Please NL my reference number shows NO RECORD FOUND on the vfs tracking site, I need help please[/quote

Send them a mail they reply within 2 days max.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Mimicle101: 9:37am On May 22, 2019
Geminita:
Please NL my reference number shows NO RECORD FOUND on the vfs tracking site, I need help please

Ensure you use the correct informations otherwise it would say no recored. I.e no mistakes
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Geminita: 9:53am On May 22, 2019
I did use the correct details, I called and I was told it is under processing
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by dollarathe(m): 11:52am On May 22, 2019
cdokoh:
Pls how did you get pass the hotel reservation?

reservation and paid through hotelbeds
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ZubyDee: 12:01pm On May 22, 2019
Has anyone been issued visa from Abuja in the last 1 week?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by walejummy: 1:01pm On May 22, 2019
Geminita:
I did use the correct details, I called and I was told it is under processing
hope u start with SALA..... It must be capital letter, did u use DHL?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by walejummy: 1:07pm On May 22, 2019
dangervu:
Good day,i have been to South africa a couple of times say 6 times i applied last year,the agent i used actually used a fake bank statment,i was denied based on that, this year i applied with my bank statment with a reasonable account balance,the reason for denial states that bank statement invalid ....i am confused now,i was asked to contest within 10workings days ,if i fell the reason is not justified...can any one help me with how to go about it ....
don't get caught with fraud or lie with a consular, u will need many fact and lie to clean your self, but I will advice you to reapply not appeal then collect reference letter from bank with your bank statement this time ok.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by walejummy: 1:11pm On May 22, 2019
shex202:
I have my South African Visa already and I have paid for my flight booking through a third party platform (www.ajala.ng). Please will there be any issue raised at the port of entry for booking through a third party?

Also, I hope hotel booking with payment on arrival will not raise issues at the port of entry?

your booking should have a reference no use that to track the authenticity of your booking, I won't advice you book hotel at the point of entry. Pls book it from Niger here before you board I even heard the latest now that u can't board from Nigeria without booking hotel, u will be check at the port

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Geminita: 1:22pm On May 22, 2019
@walejumy yes I started with SALA,please what do you mean DHL, are you referring to the courier service
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by walejummy: 1:32pm On May 22, 2019
Geminita:
@walejumy yes I started with SALA,please what do you mean DHL, are you referring to the courier service
yes,
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Geminita: 1:52pm On May 22, 2019
No I didn't use DHL
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by cucumbar: 2:56pm On May 22, 2019
I just got a ups mail today and visit visa wasn’t given. Reasons:
1. insufficient funds to embark on trip( had about 1.460m in the account with very healthy transaction flow)

2. Bank Statement transactions lacks credibility (wonder what they mean by that)

I was told I could appeal within 10 working days. Do I appeal or apply again later? If so, how long do I wait before I re-apply?

Is there anyone that was denied on these grounds and later issued a visa on subsequent applications?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Geminita: 4:01pm On May 22, 2019
@cucumba did you go through phone interview
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by cucumbar: 4:18pm On May 22, 2019
Geminita:
@cucumba did you go through phone interview
No phone interview.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by walejummy: 5:22pm On May 22, 2019
cucumbar:
I just got a ups mail today and visit visa wasn’t given. Reasons:
1. insufficient funds to embark on trip( had about 1.460m in the account with very healthy transaction flow)

2. Statement lacks credibility (wonder how my statement of account from the same bank i work would lack credibility) not like I signed the statement myself, eventhough i am an authorized signatory. should I have used account statement from another bank?

I was told I could appeal within 10 working days. Do I appeal or apply again later? If so, how long do I wait before I re-apply?

Is there anyone that was denied on these grounds and later issued a visa on subsequent applications?
was a commercial bank statement? How many people are going for the trip?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by cucumbar: 5:35pm On May 22, 2019
walejummy:
was a commercial bank statement? How many people are going for the trip?
yes, a commercial bank. I’m the only one that was supposed to go for the trip.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Sage7(m): 5:41am On May 23, 2019
shex202:
I have my South African Visa already and I have paid for my flight booking through a third party platform (www.ajala.ng). Please will there be any issue raised at the port of entry for booking through a third party?

Also, I hope hotel booking with payment on arrival will not raise issues at the port of entry?

Chief, make sure you book & pay. They won’t allow you check-in in Nigeria. They verify anything verifiable at MMA.

I just passed through SA immigration about 1hr ago, they keep sidelining the young looking guys for reasons best known to them. I can’t even start typing the reasons ‘cuz I was able to confirm from some of them.

Know what you filled in your forms too.

Cheers!
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Hamintab: 5:47am On May 23, 2019
Hi Guys,

Please i need your expert guidance on SA Visa application.

After some series of online assessment and skype interview, i have been invite for another phase of job interview in SA.

I have seen on the VFS site that they have a Visa category for interview: http://www.vfsglobal.com/southafrica/nigeria/interviews.html

We have agreed on a temporary date of June 11th for the interview, though i may reschedule a week before (especially if i dont get my visa before that time)

The coy has provided me with an invitation letter (letter says i will be attending a job interview with them and wont stay more than 10 days, specific dates not included) and a non paid flight/hotel booking booked for June 9th,10th, and 11th (they will be responsible for both).

I have also obtained a generic introduction letter from my current employer (also without date of arrival and departure and purpose of visit).

I also intend to include my GTbank salary account statement with Just 70K balance and My Stanbic Mutual Fund statement with about 3M balance (I can move money from the stanbic account within 24 hours, but dont want to do so, so that it doesn't appear like a lump sum deposit in my salary account).

I will also include Marriage cert and Kids birth cert and a self introduction letter.

Will all this be enough to get them to grant the visa for 3 days.

What is the implication if the visa was not granted before June 11th, will they because the date of the interview has passed and deny the Visa?
even though the coy will allow me reschedule the interview as long as i have my visa.

Also advise if there is any other thing i can include to make this work.

---------------------------

Alternatively, someone has advised that i go to a tourist visa stating that i am going on vacation.

For this, he said i should just include the following:

self intro letter
Introduction letter from employer
i should look for one or two tourist location to visit
Request for 10 days
Include both bank statements
Book for non paid hotel and flights directly online.

Then once the visa is granted, the i can now re-schedule the interview and go for the interview.

For both , i need your advise on the best approach as i intent to submit application on Friday or Monday.

Thanks .
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by lordwilliem: 7:51am On May 23, 2019
timaji2003:
.Is it study visa?

Yes, study visa
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by lordwilliem: 7:53am On May 23, 2019
Mimicle101:

Please kindly update us,,,,, how did you go hope all is well please

Based in Benin but will be going to pick it up tomorrow Friday.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Mimicle101: 10:21am On May 23, 2019
Guys let me share these with us ���

I was in the dream last night and I my sis was giving 5 years visa.

I claimed it.

So by these reason of that dream I also declare visa favour to me and to every other person still waiting for there's. Our waits are over!

Amen...

4 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ZubyDee: 12:19pm On May 23, 2019
Mimicle101:

I claimed it.

So by these reason of that dream I also declare visa favour to me and to every other person still waiting for there's. Our waits are over!

Amen...
Amen bro. Apply for visitors visa. It’s been 2 long month of waiting for my wife and daughter.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Sircreeden(m): 12:28pm On May 23, 2019
Mimicle101:

I claimed it.

Amen...

Amen I claim mine too
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by albertbosun(m): 1:44pm On May 23, 2019
Hamintab:
Hi Guys,

Please i need your expert guidance on SA Visa application.

After some series of online assessment and skype interview, i have been invite for another phase of job interview in SA.

I have seen on the VFS site that they have a Visa category for interview: http://www.vfsglobal.com/southafrica/nigeria/interviews.html

We have agreed on a temporary date of June 11th for the interview, though i may reschedule a week before (especially if i dont get my visa before that time)

The coy has provided me with an invitation letter (letter says i will be attending a job interview with them and wont stay more than 10 days, specific dates not included) and a non paid flight/hotel booking booked for June 9th,10th, and 11th (they will be responsible for both).

I have also obtained a generic introduction letter from my current employer (also without date of arrival and departure and purpose of visit).

I also intend to include my GTbank salary account statement with Just 70K balance and My Stanbic Mutual Fund statement with about 3M balance (I can move money from the stanbic account within 24 hours, but dont want to do so, so that it doesn't appear like a lump sum deposit in my salary account).

I will also include Marriage cert and Kids birth cert and a self introduction letter.

Will all this be enough to get them to grant the visa for 3 days.

What is the implication if the visa was not granted before June 11th, will they because the date of the interview has passed and deny the Visa?
even though the coy will allow me reschedule the interview as long as i have my visa.

Also advise if there is any other thing i can include to make this work.

---------------------------

Alternatively, someone has advised that i go to a tourist visa stating that i am going on vacation.

For this, he said i should just include the following:

self intro letter
Introduction letter from employer
i should look for one or two tourist location to visit
Request for 10 days
Include both bank statements
Book for non paid hotel and flights directly online.

Then once the visa is granted, the i can now re-schedule the interview and go for the interview.

For both , i need your advise on the best approach as i intent to submit application on Friday or Monday.

Thanks .

I believe Tourist is better for you if you have what it takes.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by cucumbar: 5:11pm On May 23, 2019
I just got a ups mail and visit visa wasn’t given. Reasons:

2. Bank Statement transactions lacks credibility (wonder what they mean by that)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Geenosko: 5:56pm On May 23, 2019
cucumbar:

Do a breakdown detailing your expenses out of the 1.40m

E.g

flight xyz naira
Accommodation
Local transport
Feeding
Shopping

Is your bank statement legit? Did you have lump sum deposits?

They are giving you an opportunity to prove that the account statement is genuine and that you can fund your journey.

If don't appeal, it's by default an admission of guilt and you fit chop ban and they would record you as having submitted fraudulent documents.

All tha best
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by dangervu(m): 11:12pm On May 23, 2019
Geenosko:

E.g

flight xyz naira
Accommodation
Local transport
Feeding
Shopping

They are giving you an opportunity to prove that the account statement is genuine and that you can fund your journey.

If don't appeal, it's by default an admission of guilt and you fit chop ban and they would record you as having submitted fraudulent documents.

All tha best
]
do you have an idea of how to go about this appeal process?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Juwohn: 11:31pm On May 23, 2019
cucumbar:

Geenosko:

E.g

flight xyz naira
Accommodation
Local transport
Feeding
Shopping

All tha best

This is not entirely True.
Address the reasons adequately and reapply.
Trying to appeal the decision is just a waste of time and a fruitless exercise.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Geenosko: 6:00am On May 24, 2019
Juwohn:

This is not entirely True.
Address the reasons adequately and reapply.
Trying to appeal the decision is just a waste of time and a fruitless exercise.

If they does not respond within the ten day window, he will be banned. So according to your logic, how can he reapply when he ignored the consulate's request for clarification?

They are already have suspicions about his bank statements and have given him the opportunity to clarify.

If he doesn't respond, the next time he applies, it will be a straight denial with the reason being fraudulent account statement on file
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Geenosko: 6:07am On May 24, 2019
dangervu:
]
do you have an idea of how to go about this appeal process?

Do the break down of your expenses

Get a letter from your bank attesting to the fact that your bank statement is legitimate

If there are lump sum deposits, explain

You may not get the visa but you would have been clear your name for future applications.

And send it via courier to the address on the refusal letter.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Ogborokiri(m): 8:32am On May 24, 2019
Please house will 250k be enough to take me to sa i want to visit a friend

(1) (2) (3) ... (531) (532) (533) (534) (535) (536) (537) ... (915) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.