Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,328 members, 7,850,167 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 03:35 PM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (540) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1754498 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (537) (538) (539) (540) (541) (542) (543) ... (918) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Potch: 10:58pm On Jun 02, 2019
TYPOP:
Please allow me to be the devil's advocate and proffer some words about SA not wanting Nigerians in their country, hence long visa processing times.

1. Ask yourself, which country wants Nigerians in them? Really? Our brothers have given us a bad image all over the world. And the government is not helping matters. In this regard, don't blame the other countries, blame i) our brothers and sisters that have soiled our image and ii) our government who make our people want to leave in droves.

2. The longer processing times may not be fully intentional as you think. The embassy staff have a lot of responsibilities. Issuing visas is not the only responsibility. Unfortunately, as things are so hard in present day Nigeria, there are much more people looking for visas out of Nigeria than in the past 6 years. As such, the embassies (not just SA) are overwhelmed. This will surely lead to a much longer processing time.

3. Because of the volume of application to be dealt with, it will not be difficult for an officer to deny visa based on the flimsiest of reasons. This was not the case 6 years ago when they could even call you to resubmit some documents.

4. Ask yourself this question: The time I went to submit my document, how many of us were there? How long will it take the officers in the office to check all our documents, verify them and attend to all of us. Now, multiply that by that same number of people going to the embassy EVERYDAY!

Does all these mean I condone the SA Embassies for the delays, NO. I'm just saying, look at the flip side.

Peace.

True, but sad. It is funny how we blame SA for our problems. Ask any Nigerian to choose between living in Nigeria or SA, most will choose SA. Why? Nigeria is a hell on earth. Is it only SA that does not want us in their country? The whole world is against us. If you're in SA and doing well, you had better thank your God and stop complaining about your inability to get Visa for your girlfriend. There are many Nigerians with better qualifications but sadly roaming about the streets at home. South Africa has gotten nothing to loose if they decide to deport all Nigerians and before anyone says "we will close Mtn, shorprite, games among others in Nigeria ", who are those working in those places? I admit there are bad South Africans, especially black south Africans, but same cannot be said of south African government that continues to give scholarships to Africans to pursue Masters and Doctorates. How many South Africans are in Nigeria universities? How many South Africans come to Nigeria for vacation? Vacation where? Zamfara? Kaduna? Borno or Katsina? For those of us who want to emigrate to SA, package well your documents and be prayerful. If you're already in SA, live by the rules and continue to pray for God's protection.

7 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by IronGalaxy: 11:29pm On Jun 02, 2019
Potch:

True, but sad. It is funny how we blame SA for our problems. Ask any Nigerian to choose between living in Nigeria or SA, most will choose SA. Why? Nigeria is a hell on earth. Is it only SA that does not want us in their country? The whole world is against us. If you're in SA and doing well, you had better thank your God and stop complaining about your inability to get Visa for your girlfriend. There are many Nigerians with better qualifications but sadly roaming about the streets at home. South Africa has gotten nothing to loose if they decide to deport all Nigerians and before anyone says "we will close Mtn, shorprite, games among others in Nigeria ", who are those working in those places? I admit there are bad South Africans, especially black south Africans, but same cannot be said of south African government that continues to give scholarships to Africans to pursue Masters and Doctorates. How many South Africans are in Nigeria universities? How many South Africans come to Nigeria for vacation? Vacation where? Zamfara? Kaduna? Borno or Katsina? For those of us who want to emigrate to SA, package well your documents and be prayerful. If you're already in SA, live by the rules and continue to pray for God's protection.
bad South Africans especially " black South Africans". Lmfao . Wonder how you came to that conclusion

3 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Potch: 1:08am On Jun 03, 2019
IronGalaxy:
bad South Africans especially " black South Africans". Lmfao . Wonder how you came to that conclusion

I stayed in SA for 10 years and I know Blacks are xenophobic.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by JaceBlaze: 4:37am On Jun 03, 2019
Potch:

I stayed in SA for 10 years and I know Blacks are xenophobic.
They are so xenophobic that you actually stayed for 10 years?

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Potch: 5:30am On Jun 03, 2019
JaceBlaze:
They are so xenophobic that you actually stayed for 10 years?

Read between the lines. I was not attacking South Africa and i am sorry if you're a black south African. I do not have anything against SA but gratitude.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ZubyDee: 5:58am On Jun 03, 2019
Potch:

Read between the lines. I was not attacking South Africa and i am sorry if you're a black south African. I do not have anything against SA but gratitude.
you have time to be replying people based on the fact you wrote. South Africa is a very beautiful country... But It’s a known fact, that most black South Africans don’t like foreigners, especially Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ZubyDee: 9:58am On Jun 03, 2019
Predstan:

If you can’t spot any truth in what he’s saying but hatred, then you have a problem.
Ok sir
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Mimicle101: 11:01am On Jun 03, 2019
My people am so disappointed.
After R5000 insurance
Paid school fees
For a 3 year course

These is there outcome

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by DoubleGiant: 12:03pm On Jun 03, 2019
Mimicle101:
My people am so disappointed. After R5000 insurance Paid school fees For a 3 year course
These is there outcome
so sorry my brother.. but how much did you have in the account?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ZubyDee: 12:15pm On Jun 03, 2019
Mimicle101:
After R5000 insurance
Paid school fees
For a 3 year course

These is there outcome
sorry bro, it’s painful after waiting for months just to get this.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by timaji2003: 12:26pm On Jun 03, 2019
DoubleGiant:

so sorry my brother.. but how much did you have in the account?
This is painful after wasting time and resources.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Iamgrey5(m): 2:50pm On Jun 03, 2019
Please my brothers ignore the Sa Lady, she is a troll. Focus on what is more important.

Justwise please checkmate the activities of trolls on this thread.

Thanks in advance.

2 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Iamgrey5(m): 2:54pm On Jun 03, 2019
Mimicle101:
After R5000 insurance
Paid school fees
For a 3 year course

These is there outcome
I am Sorry about your refusal despite waiting for a long time

Please can you share the part details of the bank statement you submitted so that others might learn from your ordeal.

Regards.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Predstan: 3:33pm On Jun 03, 2019
Demilade1:

Isn't it ridiculous that my comment clearly was addressed to fellow Nigerians, but you took it upon yourself as a South African? You must really have time for issues concerning us! Anyway, I have no time for you or your argument, at least not now. Until I have time, bye!

I am a Nigerian
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Demilade1: 3:37pm On Jun 03, 2019
Predstan:

I am a Nigerian

Whatever!

2 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Mimicle101: 3:44pm On Jun 03, 2019
Iamgrey5:
I am Sorry about your refusal despite waiting for a long time

Please can you share the part details of the bank statement you submitted so that others might learn from your ordeal.

Regards.

First,

My brother is the sponsor he has his own business here so he used his business account. So insufficient fune isn't really the problem cos there were over hundreds of thousands rand there as is his business account.

An agent assisted my sis to ensure every other things are in oder. So I dont know if the amount in my sis account influenced it, but say around 7 hundred thousand niara
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Demilade1: 3:54pm On Jun 03, 2019
Mimicle101:

First,

My brother is the sponsor he has his own business here so he used his business account. So insufficient fune isn't really the problem cos there were over hundreds of thousands rand there as is his business account.

An agent assisted my sis to ensure every other things are in oder. So I dont know if the amount in my sis account influenced it, but say around 7 hundred thousand niara

Sorry about that! I think you should correct whatever their complaint was hinged on and reapply quickly. You may still be able to meet up with July resumption. How long did your application take?

(1) (2) (3) ... (537) (538) (539) (540) (541) (542) (543) ... (918) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

Viewing this topic: JerriBerry(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.