Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,870 members, 7,828,103 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:37 AM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (778) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1740506 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (775) (776) (777) (778) (779) (780) (781) ... (916) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by AskGod07: 10:53am On Sep 06, 2022
Oga you better back off

Tesclaros:
Anybody has successfully filed for E-visa? waiting for a feedback before i start stressing myself on this
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by shigo04: 12:19pm On Sep 06, 2022
Tesclaros:
I heard top travel agents (the recognized ones) are now charging a refundable fee of $5-$10k for any Nigerian traveling to SA. This fee is refunded when you return before the your visa expires. If you stay beyond your visa then you lose the $5k. She also stated that procurement of visa processes in Abuja will still take few months. NOTE: this message came directly from the owner of a top travel agency company in Nigeria.

Charging above 2 million naira for SA visa (refundable or non-refundable).....I can't laugh. This contree self!!!
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by crusader6(m): 12:32pm On Sep 06, 2022
Tesclaros:
Anybody has successfully filed for E-visa? waiting for a feedback before i start stressing myself on this

Ya but 2weeks ago
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Don1985: 12:42pm On Sep 06, 2022
shigo04:

Charging above 2 million naira for SA visa (refundable or non-refundable).....I can't laugh. This contree self!!!
Even a dumb ass person will never fall for this cheap scam

2 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by shigo04: 1:55pm On Sep 06, 2022
Don1985:
Even a dumb ass person will never fall for this cheap scam

My brother, the tin tire me. Someone will just sit dowm somewhere and be thinking of scamming people.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Tesclaros(m): 9:08pm On Sep 06, 2022
AskGod07:

Oga you better back off

Thank you my bro
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Tesclaros(m): 9:08pm On Sep 06, 2022
crusader6:

Ya but 2weeks ago
nice
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by virusabbey(m): 5:26pm On Sep 08, 2022
I submitted my SA VISA application in Abuja on August 5th and I got a Text/Email today that my Visa is out and on it’s way back to me in Lagos. Be it approval or denial. It took a month for everything to be out.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Tesclaros(m): 7:45pm On Sep 08, 2022
virusabbey:
Don’t believe anybody deceiving you guys on here. I submitted my SA VISA application in Abuja on August 5th and I got a Text/Email today that my Visa is out and on it’s way back to me in Lagos. Be it approval or denial. It took a month for everything to be out.
Wow! Unbelievable
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by cucumbar: 8:12pm On Sep 08, 2022
virusabbey:
Don’t believe anybody deceiving you guys on here. I submitted my SA VISA application in Abuja on August 5th and I got a Text/Email today that my Visa is out and on it’s way back to me in Lagos. Be it approval or denial. It took a month for everything to be out.
well, others that have been complaining about their passports being held for months can’t be lying.
Me sef wan apply to travel in December, but I’m scared make dem no go hold my passport indefinitely.
Even when I applied in 2019, when all this complaints weren’t there, it took long before they attended to my request.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nwaotu10(m): 8:25pm On Sep 08, 2022
People still dey go SA? grin

2 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by shigo04: 9:08pm On Sep 08, 2022
virusabbey:

Which visa did you apply for? Study visa?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by virusabbey(m): 9:31pm On Sep 08, 2022
shigo04:

Which visa did you apply for? Study visa?

Tourist Visa
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by virusabbey(m): 9:32pm On Sep 08, 2022
cucumbar:
well, others that have been complaining about their passports being held for months can’t be lying.
Me sef wan apply to travel in December, but I’m scared make dem no go hold my passport indefinitely.
Even when I applied in 2019, when all this complaints weren’t there, it took long before they attended to my request.

You might be right though ��‍♂️
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by hmgkope: 4:28am On Sep 09, 2022
I think it is unfair of you to say this.
So all the people that have been complaining have been lying right?

What you don't understand is, there is probably a first round screening which yours just passed through. Also they are trying to avoid delaying people's passport for so long especially for those that are just submitting.

Also most of the people that have been complaining have been complaining about study visa.

If you can gladly come back here to share that your visa is approved then I will say sth else. But I can tell you that it is most likely not approved. If it is approved, then you probably went through the other routes that people have talked about on this thread

virusabbey:

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by docjosh001: 5:25am On Sep 09, 2022
[quote author=hmgkope post=116488669]I think it is unfair of you to say this.
So all the people that have been complaining have been lying right?

What you don't understand is, there is probably a first round screening which yours just passed through. Also they are trying to avoid delaying people's passport for so long especially for those that are just submitting.

Also most of the people that have been complaining have been complaining about study visa.

If you can gladly come back here to share that your visa is approved then I will say sth else. But I can tell you that it is most likely not approved. If it is approved, then you probably went through the other routes that people have talked about on this thread

I think the issue is that any short term visa application that is usually between 1-3 months is processed in Lagos or abuja. Because its not a long term visit, it wont be sent to Pretoria and so it gets approved in Nigeria. This is why the guy that submitted in Aug got a quick response from the embassy.
So who submitted for long term stay ( study visa, work visa, critical skill, visitors visa for research) are being delayed because the application was sent to Pretoria for adjudication. This has only recently changed ( from sept 1st) such that embassies are now allowed to process application and make final decisions. so those that applied for stays longer than 3 months, expect some response soon
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by hmgkope: 9:05am On Sep 09, 2022
I stated earlier in the thread that even for tourist visa, most people had to wait for at least 3 months since February. If they were really treated here, I wonder why the long wait.

And if you got a feedback within a month, it is just an exception and not the norm and it is unfair to say that people have been lying.

docjosh001:
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by antzlaive(m): 9:59am On Sep 09, 2022
mountmos:
Hi guys,
Has anyone been able to upload documents on the site recently? I couldn’t upload since yesterday with error messages
Reduce the size of your docs it will go through.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by antzlaive(m): 10:05am On Sep 09, 2022
Tesclaros:
please kindly send me the site link thank you

http://southafrica.vfsevisa.com

An alternative link for eVisa via VFS, but the cost is higher. Decision under two weeks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Tesclaros(m): 10:06am On Sep 09, 2022
Has anyone been approved on E-visa ? How long did it take?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Tesclaros(m): 10:07am On Sep 09, 2022
antzlaive:

An alternative link for eVisa via VFS, but the cost is higher. Decision under two weeks
pls send the alternative too thank you so much
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by cucumbar: 11:31am On Sep 09, 2022
antzlaive:

when did vsf start processing SA evisa? I hope this site is genuine.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by antzlaive(m): 2:11pm On Sep 09, 2022
cucumbar:
when did vsf start processing SA evisa? I hope this site is genuine.
It's not genuine avoid it.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by antzlaive(m): 2:13pm On Sep 09, 2022
Tesclaros:
pls send the alternative too thank you so much

Through VFS http://southafrica.vfsevisa.com

Through DHA https://ehome.dha.gov.za/epermit/home
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Tesclaros(m): 5:29pm On Sep 09, 2022
antzlaive:

Through VFS http://southafrica.vfsevisa.com

Through DHA https://ehome.dha.gov.za/epermit/home

Thanks my bro

Will go with the VFS since its faster
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Tesclaros(m): 5:54pm On Sep 09, 2022
antzlaive:
Na very useless site. I wonder who designed it. Very poor interface. I was lucky not to even get to the payment page. I got stuck trying to upload documents with no luck.
yo my bro, since you applied through the E-visa , was your visa approved?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by crusader6(m): 8:35pm On Sep 09, 2022
Please do well to update us on this.
Visa processed within that short period is often a denial but I pray us will be different.
Many people on this forum have received the outcome of their visa application just that when its negative they don't come back to update the forum.

virusabbey:
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by AskGod07: 8:47pm On Sep 09, 2022
They are telling you now you don’t listen Abeg don’t come here and complaining about the Evisa

Tesclaros:
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by antzlaive(m): 10:10pm On Sep 09, 2022
Tesclaros:
Applied 20th August, received decision on the 5th of September

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by antzlaive(m): 10:15pm On Sep 09, 2022
I gave up on the DHA Site and used the VFES which was very straight forward, the only pain was having to pay more.
AskGod07:

They are telling you now you don’t listen Abeg don’t come here and complaining about the Evisa

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by pufframmy: 10:54pm On Sep 09, 2022
kindly share documents submitted bro

antzlaive:
Applied 20th August, received decision on the 5th of September
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by crusader6(m): 10:54pm On Sep 09, 2022
Please how much was the fees for applying for evisa through Vfs?

antzlaive:
I gave up on the DHA Site and used the VFES which was very straight forward, the only pain was having to pay more.

(1) (2) (3) ... (775) (776) (777) (778) (779) (780) (781) ... (916) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

Viewing this topic: Lookandlaugh

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.