Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,513 members, 7,812,598 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:52 PM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (826) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1729478 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (823) (824) (825) (826) (827) (828) (829) ... (915) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by chemashie(m): 5:39am On Mar 04, 2023
samtol4:
It Is a strong signal they want to reduce the number of Nigerians coming to SA. The message is loud & clear. Which embassy will hold the applicant's passport for ten months and later deny the application? There is no point coming to SA to study unless you have funding or a fee waiver
Yes! This is the only logical reason for holding people's passports and ultimately rejecting the applications. In January 2022, I submitted an application for a research/visitor visa, but it was denied in June 2022 because my South African police report was not included. I quickly obtained the police report and resubmitted the application in July 2022. My visa came out in February with validity running from February to December 2023. This is how my two-year postdoctoral fellowship was reduced from 24 to 10 months. If not for the fact that my university started paying my stipends in January 2022 and that I published three articles and wrote one book chapter working remotely from Nigeria, the postdoc would have been terminated in 2022. A number of my friends' postdoc fellowships at other schools were terminated due to delay from the embassy.
We should not also forget that the country belongs to them and they have every right to allow/disallow other nationals from entry their country.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 6:58am On Mar 04, 2023
chemashie:

Yes! This is the only logical reason for holding people's passports and ultimately rejecting the applications. In January 2022, I submitted an application for a research/visitor visa, but it was denied in June 2022 because my South African police report was not included. I quickly obtained the police report and resubmitted the application in July 2022. My visa came out in February with validity running from February to December 2023. This is how my two-year postdoctoral fellowship was reduced from 24 to 10 months. If not for the fact that my university started paying my stipends in January 2022 and that I published three articles and wrote one book chapter working remotely from Nigeria, the postdoc would have been terminated in 2022. A number of my friends' postdoc fellowships at other schools were terminated due to delay from the embassy.
We should not also forget that the country belongs to them and they have every right to allow/disallow other nationals from entry their country.
Well said Dr , the country belong to them but the passport does not belong to them. They should make it clear that they don't want students / researchers so that people will not invest their time and money in the application process. They have right to refused an application , however, holding someone passport for nine months is wickedness .I hope Nigeria will be better

2 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 7:03am On Mar 04, 2023
Rachyekong:
Is applicant meant to keep money used as proof of funds for this long in the account
Of course, yes.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Moyosoore2001(f): 8:17am On Mar 04, 2023
Bursttt have you gotten your visa ?if yes was it approved ? Mine visa was declined tho
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Bursttt: 8:44am On Mar 04, 2023
samtol4:
It Is a strong signal they want to reduce the number of Nigerians coming to SA. The message is loud & clear. Which embassy will hold the applicant's passport for ten months and later deny the application? There is no point coming to SA to study unless you have funding or a fee waiver
I’m not even against the refusal, but why will you hold people’s passport for 8-10months, then they will come and lie it’s backlog. It’s Which backlog will make you hold passport for 8 months? Then the person will receive it and see a refusal notice. It’s just Pure wickedness & Evil. I won’t blame them, it’s the Nigerian Foreign Ministry I blame because if they were working, Nigerians won’t have to go through this Ill-treatment from these people.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Bursttt: 8:45am On Mar 04, 2023
Moyosoore2001:
Bursttt have you gotten your visa ?if yes was it approved ? Mine visa was declined tho

I haven’t gotten o, the thing dey tire me as I am the verge of withdrawing my application. Wow so sorry to hear, what was the reason ?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Bursttt: 8:53am On Mar 04, 2023
chemashie:

I totally understand this, I know it’s their country but it will be wise of them to say. We are not issuing visas to foreign nationals or Nigerians. Or The processing time for visas takes 10 months to process even at that visas are not guaranteed. Simple, they should have put this on the VFS announcement board and save people the stress of applying. They should make it known to applicants. And to my knowledge they look for errors and reason to refuse you Visa as they have refused Visa based on their own negligence.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Bursttt: 9:33am On Mar 04, 2023
Graceness777:

Hello please i need an answer urgently,Can I fly with my 2years and 5month old sitting on my lap?

South African Airways' policy on lap infants states that children between the ages of 0 and 2 years old may travel on an adult's lap for a fee of 10% of the adult fare, plus taxes and surcharges, as long as the accompanying adult is 18 years or older and is seated in a designated seat. This is subject to availability of space on the aircraft and is at the discretion of the airline.

However, it's important to note that some airlines may have different policies and regulations, so it's best to check directly with South African Airways or the airline you plan to travel with to confirm their policies and procedures for traveling with lap infants. Additionally, it's important to consider the safety and comfort of both you and your child during the flight, and to ensure that you have all necessary documents and equipment for your child's travel.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Thecassanova: 10:15am On Mar 04, 2023
Graceness777:

I uploaded my passport data page
Yellow card
Bank statements
Coupled with the bank statement of the host
Host Pr Letter
Host ID
Itinerary tickets And that was all
Most importantly invitation letter from the host
How about the host utility bill
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Momotola16: 12:04pm On Mar 04, 2023
I need the website for e visa application. Can I apply for e visa while waiting for the one I submitted at VFS office in Lagos? Its been 7weeks now
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by adebowalew(m): 12:35pm On Mar 04, 2023
Rand is available for those that are interested

Contact ( Call or WhatsApp) :+27736706269
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by BiyiTudors: 1:18pm On Mar 04, 2023
Bursttt:

You better flight Air peace & SAA o!

How about Kenya airways or Rwanda?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by docjosh001: 3:55pm On Mar 04, 2023
chemashie:

Bro, please i need to call you pls, i had once applied for research/visitors visa for postdoc. my number is 08037379828. it's important pls.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by emmahoney(m): 5:40pm On Mar 04, 2023
chemashie:

It appears that this South African Visa is tougher than I thought. With this experience of yours, I am beginning to be confused.

I recently got a postdoc at Wits. You said because "my South African police report was not included." Is this required from someone living outside SA? Please clarify that.

Among all the requirements, I saw "the applicant needs to provide all educational qualification certificates with the notary. All my certificates were attested by the Ministry of Education and Foreign Affairs of Nigeria. Do I still need to notarize them? In addition, my PhD defence will be held in May 2023 (thesis submitted on 31st Jan 2023). Do you think a letter indicating that my thesis had been submitted is enough proof at the embassy?

Thank you in anticipation of your reply.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Bursttt: 6:30pm On Mar 04, 2023
emmahoney:

It appears that this South African Visa is tougher than I thought. With this experience of yours, I am beginning to be confused.

I recently got a postdoc at Wits. You said because "my South African police report was not included." Is this required from someone living outside SA? Please clarify that.

Among all the requirements, I saw "the applicant needs to provide all educational qualification certificates with the notary. All my certificates were attested by the Ministry of Education and Foreign Affairs of Nigeria. Do I still need to notarize them? In addition, my PhD defence will be held in May 2023 (thesis submitted on 31st Jan 2023). Do you think a letter indicating that my thesis had been submitted is enough proof at the embassy?

Extremely tough! Extremely! In fact if I had known I would not have applied. Why will someone wait for 6 months for visa & get refused. USA would never, China would never! It’s now africa to africa, it would never make sense to me. Very abnormal & Absurd.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by emmahoney(m): 7:32pm On Mar 04, 2023
Bursttt:

Extremely tough! Extremely! In fact if I had known I would not have applied. Why will someone wait for 6 months for visa & get refused. USA would never, China would never! It’s now africa to Africa, it would never make sense to me. Very abnormal & Absurd.
It makes no sense at all. I have applied for Police Clearance Certificate in my current country and I interviewed for it two days ago. Just a few minutes ago, someone told me that I need to get it from Nigeria!! Is that correct? He said that if I don't they will deny me a visa! I have been living here for 3 yrs and 8 months. I have not even submitted my application and I am already exhausted.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Bursttt: 7:55pm On Mar 04, 2023
emmahoney:
It makes no sense at all. I have applied for Police Clearance Certificate in my current country and I interviewed for it two days ago. Just a few minutes ago, someone told me that I need to get it from Nigeria!! Is that correct? He said that if I don't they will deny me a visa! I have been living here for 3 yrs and 8 months. I have not even submitted my application and I am already exhausted.

Please get for the two countries so you’d be on a safe side, because these people no get joy o.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by emmahoney(m): 7:57pm On Mar 04, 2023
Bursttt:

Please get for the two countries so you’d be on a safe side, because these people no get joy o.
Thank you for your advice.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by docjosh001: 9:35pm On Mar 04, 2023
emmahoney:

My application for research/visitors visa for postdoc in SA was recently declined because i also did not include a SA police clearance report. I know 2 other postdocs who also were denied because of that. I strongly advise that you get this SA police clearance especially if you are not presently in SA.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 12:49am On Mar 05, 2023
docjosh001:

My application for research/visitors visa for postdoc in SA was recently declined because i also did not include a SA police clearance report. I know 2 other postdocs who also were denied because of that. I strongly advise that you get this SA police clearance especially if you are not presently in SA.
If you have lived in SA before, you are expected to have SA police clearance.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 12:54am On Mar 05, 2023
emmahoney:

You can't start a postdoc when you have not finished your Ph.D. I think you need to show evidence to the embassy that you have completed your PhD. Either a PhD certificate or a letter stating that you have completed the PhD. You need to wait till May before you apply ( I stand to be corrected )
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by emmahoney(m): 1:29am On Mar 05, 2023
samtol4:
You can't start a postdoc when you have not finished your PhD. I think you need to show evidence to the embassy that you have completed your PhD. Either a PhD certificate or a letter stating that you have completed the PhD. You need to wait till May before you apply ( I stand to be corrected )
Okay. I am not starting until August. I am only applying for a visa and evidence showing that my thesis has been submitted and that my PhD viva voice has been scheduled will be submitted alongside other documents.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by emmahoney(m): 1:30am On Mar 05, 2023
docjosh001:

This has been sorted out.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by chemashie(m): 6:35am On Mar 05, 2023
emmahoney:
Get Nigerian police report just as I have explained to you on WhatsApp.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by chemashie(m): 6:37am On Mar 05, 2023
docjosh001:

He has not been to SA before.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Bursttt: 5:35pm On Mar 05, 2023
Please if you still have your passport with the high commission till now. Let me know

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Omocity: 7:02pm On Mar 05, 2023
Bursttt:
Please if you still have your passport with the high commission till now. Let me know

Yes I do,just sent you an email

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Gernny(f): 7:41am On Mar 06, 2023
Ask the airline now.Is simple thing go to Google type airline u want call their number.uote author=Graceness777 post=121451250]

Hello please i need an answer urgently,Can I fly with my 2years and 5month old sitting on my lap?[/quote]
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Omocity: 12:55pm On Mar 06, 2023
Bursttt:

Please check your email
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Leemahr: 7:27pm On Mar 06, 2023
Bursttt:

Hy I have also sent you a mail

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by hunee: 11:45pm On Mar 06, 2023
Hello Everyone.

I am loving SA.

I arrived yesterday.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (823) (824) (825) (826) (827) (828) (829) ... (915) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.