Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,133 members, 7,849,551 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 12:20 AM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (896) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1754021 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (893) (894) (895) (896) (897) (898) (899) ... (918) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Graceness777(f): 3:46pm On Dec 23, 2023
DHL do me something oo
I am supposed to travel this December for the festive period but my passport is still with DHL
And in the tracking system it says ‘processed at Lagos ‘ and the estimated delivery date is Thursday which is too far already
I don’t know if there is anyway I can pick up myself
Plus their customer care are not picking any calls 😒😒
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Sojeezy247: 8:15pm On Dec 23, 2023
You can pick up yourself,but you need to reach out to the customer care number to tell you where their drop off location or sorting location is or go to the site and change delivery address to DHL center close to you
Graceness777:
DHL do me something oo
I am supposed to travel this December for the festive period but my passport is still with DHL
And in the tracking system it says ‘processed at Lagos ‘ and the estimated delivery date is Thursday which is too far already
I don’t know if there is anyway I can pick up myself
Plus their customer care are not picking any calls 😒😒
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by hunee: 9:10pm On Dec 23, 2023
Sojeezy247:
You can pick up yourself,but you need to reach out to the customer care number to tell you where their drop off location or sorting location is or go to the site and change delivery address to DHL center close to you
How can she pick a document that has been parcelled and it is in process of dispatch?

Grace you have to be patient ok. You waited for months. So let dhl do their work.

You have a tracking id, follow it through online.
Dhl does not waste time.

Goodevening.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by vozkini(m): 9:42pm On Dec 23, 2023
@hunee and others. Anyone with ideas on how to cope with TAAG airline long lay over. That's the only airline I have being able to get seat for 4 and baby at affordable price. But their layover time is scary. Do they have hotel inside the airport?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by hunee: 10:29pm On Dec 23, 2023
how many hrs is it?
vozkini:
@hunee and others. Anyone with ideas on how to cope with TAAG airline long lay over. That's the only airline I have being able to get seat for 4 and baby at affordable price. But their layover time is scary. Do they have hotel inside the airport?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by vozkini(m): 10:46pm On Dec 23, 2023
hunee:
how many hrs is it?

16hours or so
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by hunee: 10:47pm On Dec 23, 2023
It is a long lay over. The airline should make provision for hotel if you request, contact them.
vozkini:

16hours or so
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Graceness777(f): 7:24am On Dec 24, 2023
Yeah would have done that but there is no specific location written on the platform of where to pick up …all customer care are on break and not picking up
….just like @hunee said I would just have to be patient and wait for the estimated delivery date which is on Thursday. Although it means I have to reschedule my ticket again
Thank you so much

Sojeezy247:
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Africankel(m): 9:50am On Dec 24, 2023
vozkini:

Get Angolan transit visa for $30. Processing time is three days.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Sojeezy247: 11:57am On Dec 24, 2023
Sharp,no probs grace,all would be well
Graceness777:
Yeah would have done that but there is no specific location written on the platform of where to pick up …all customer care are on break and not picking up
….just like @hunee said I would just have to be patient and wait for the estimated delivery date which is on Thursday. Although it means I have to reschedule my ticket again
Thank you so much

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Sojeezy247: 12:01pm On Dec 24, 2023
You can actually pick it up at a DHL sorting center,when I was trying to pick my passport for my last visa I was given the option to go to their sorting centre at Ikoyi that my passport was there.
hunee:

How can she pick a document that has been parcelled and it is in process of dispatch?

Grace you have to be patient ok. You waited for months. So let dhl do their work.

You have a tracking id, follow it through online.
Dhl does not waste time.

Goodevening.

Eventually they brought it the next day,so there was no need.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by iggideon(m): 1:06pm On Dec 24, 2023
Hello @Hunee, Afrikankel and others,
Please I have been issued South African Evisa which states that validate date as 19th Jan and Expiry date as 29h January through DHA direct.

Since SA tourist visa is usually 90days, does it mean I can come in between 19th and 29th January then stay for not more than 90days or I was just given 10days visa to come and leave within that 19th and 29th January?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Africankel(m): 1:19pm On Dec 24, 2023
iggideon:
Please I have been issued South African Evisa which states that validate date as 19th Jan and Expiry date as 29h January through DHA direct.

Since SA tourist visa is usually 90days, does it mean I can come in between 19th and 29th January then stay for not more than 90days or I was just given 10days visa to come and leave within that 19th and 29th January?

I have little or no knowledge of how the eVisa works. However, I think you have between 19th and 29th January to enter SA, it is up to border control to determine how long you are allowed to stay.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by iggideon(m): 2:21pm On Dec 24, 2023
Sojeezy247:
You can actually pick it up at a DHL sorting center,when I was trying to pick my passport for my last visa I was given the option to go to their sorting centre at Ikoyi that my passport was there.

Eventually they brought it the next day,so there was no need.
Africankel:

I have little or no knowledge of how the eVisa works. However, I think you have between 19th and 29th January to enter SA, it is up to border control to determine how long you are allowed to stay.

Many thanks bro. Please is there anyone who understands how that works?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by hunee: 4:33pm On Dec 24, 2023
Confirm with your ticketing agent or the airline if you can transit and join the flight back by connection time. Do this from your end.
You may need an angola visa, however i am not sure of the stakes.
vozkini:

16hours or so
I could recall when i was arriving back to Johannesburg for the third time and had to transit through lusaka,zambia, they allowed us pass connecting route without a transit, though the lay over was 2hrs. But 16hrs is a long time, so ask if there's a waiver to enter or you need a visa.

You can manage in the transit section or contact the airline to provision. I understand some airlines like ethopia and kenya airways do this. You have kids, they should see to it.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by hunee: 4:35pm On Dec 24, 2023
Hi, I have 3 previous evisas and 1 sticker. so i can tell you for sure, evisa is time tagged. 19 - 29 , no extensions. Go and come back. Inbetween, when did you apply and when did you get an approval. Kindly share us your timeline and documents submitted.
iggideon:

goodevening.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by hunee: 5:05pm On Dec 24, 2023
Ok dear, when you receive, do let us know. tc
Graceness777:
Thank you so much

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Sojeezy247: 5:48pm On Dec 24, 2023
It means you should enter between 19th to 29th and at point of entrance they will stamp in for the days specified
iggideon:

They Don't give 90 days again.Max is 8 weeks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by hunee: 6:00pm On Dec 24, 2023
My second SA e visa was 90days, because i was a frequent traveler
Sojeezy247:
It means you should enter between 19th to 29th and at point of entrance they will stamp in for the days specified

There are levels to this things, when you travel more, you get what others dont get.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by iggideon(m): 6:13pm On Dec 24, 2023
Sojeezy247:

Thanks a. Lot…so all I need to do is to enter between the two dates but my duration of stay in the country will be specified at the Port of entr, correct ?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by iggideon(m): 6:21pm On Dec 24, 2023
hunee:
Hi, I have 3 previous evisas and 1 sticker. so i can tell you for sure, evisa is time tagged. 19 - 29 , no extensions. Go and come back. Inbetween, when did you apply and when did you get an approval. Kindly share us your timeline and documents submitted.
goodevening.

I submitted since 18th of October and I was supposed to travel a month later but I got a response from them in early December to submit a new flight itinerary which I did for 15th January to leave SA 22nd of January.

As for documents, I submitted a lot of them..previous travel visas, child consent letter for my kids, employer intro letter for I and my wife, yellow fever certificate for all of us but immunisation certificate will have sufficed for my kids, proof of accommodation booking (this wasn’t part of the requirements, I just added it) and then return ticket for all of us.

So you are staying I can’t stay in SA beyond 26th January correct?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Anniebam: 7:53pm On Dec 24, 2023
Anniebam:
Please anyone coming from Capetown to Nigeria and can help me bring some document ( marriage certificate and business Reg certificate ) I will really appreciate, I need the original for an application in Nigeria. 08134371167

Please I still need someone who can help ooo, I don’t mind tipping, thanks in advance.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Sojeezy247: 7:56pm On Dec 24, 2023
Brother I'm a frequent traveler,this new development started November,they started pegging visa to 8 weeks for sticker visas,I not sure for evisa,but if I get my stats right,they only give what you requested for
hunee:
My second SA e visa was 90days, because i was a frequent traveler

There are levels to this things, when you travel more, you get what others dont get.
I'm currently in SA,so I'm thinking it is a new development asking from people we came together,Grace also said something similar about it 3 weeks ago.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by hunee: 9:00pm On Dec 24, 2023
True. I requested 3 month and i showed evidences for the need , because i was a frequent traveler and it was granted on evisa dha portal
Sojeezy247:
Brother I'm a frequent traveler,this new development started November,they started pegging visa to 8 weeks for sticker visas,I not sure for evisa, but if I get my stats right,they only give what you requested for I'm currently in SA,so I'm thinking it is a new development asking from people we came together,Grace also said something similar about it 3 weeks ago.
However, if you do not fall into that category, dont bother requeesting, unless you are lucky, a rejection is likely.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Graceness777(f): 9:52pm On Dec 24, 2023
The truth is some visa officer are just something else
Especially South Africa visa officer they do as they want
It’s a sticker visa it’s only normal they issue 3month then six month
But no they believe and no the power is in their hands hence the issue whatever they like
To anyone struggling to get one country visa or the other
Don’t give up no matter how hard
And believe one day you shall have victory
I have applied for the sticker visa
7times
But because I am a first timer they kept denying me over plans over again
Until this year when I got my first evisa
And then this sticker one
So please donot give up
Especially when God has not given ip on you!.
Just to motivate someone
hunee:
True. I requested 3 month and i showed evidences for the need , because i was a frequent traveler and it was granted on evisa dha portal
However, if you do not fall into that category, dont bother requeesting, unless you are lucky, a rejection is likely.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Sojeezy247: 11:05pm On Dec 24, 2023
Wow you are a champ grace! This is wild! Wow! Well-done
Graceness777:
But no they believe and no the power is in their hands hence the issue whatever they like
7times
So please donot give up
Just to motivate someone
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Africankel(m): 11:22pm On Dec 24, 2023
Standard practice was to issue 3 months validity visa. In recent times, they reduced to 8 weeks for whatever reason. They never extend it to 6 months, no matter how many visas you've gotten. Unless you apply for long stay.

If they extended visa validity by the number of visas you've received or the number of times you've visited, I should be entitled to a 5 or more years visa by now.

Graceness777:
7times
So please donot give up
Just to motivate someone

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by hunee: 11:36pm On Dec 24, 2023
Everyone need have a portfolio for themselves. Those who claim to always get visas by their own thoughts, do not know some people have applied 7/8 times before they got it. I have never been rejected a south african visa, i applied 4 times, and i was issued all. Prior to this time,i have built a solid travel portfolio which is one of the things visas officers always like to see. No one wants to issue a visa or give a job to new comer, its just normal logic. Atleast, visit cotonou, go to ghana, visit all these neighbouring countries, have that exposure and the experience which also helps you to shape and draft a convincing letter of intent or introduction letter.
Graceness777:
7times
So please donot give up
Just to motivate someone
Exposure, experience,travel profile is key.
If you are a business person, register your business with cac, get your house in order. Travel is documentation.
I wish everyone luck.

2 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Graceness777(f): 6:40am On Dec 25, 2023
My eldest sister applied the before the Covid-19 began
At first she was give 3months multiple then she came back and applied for another one under visitor visa exceeding 3months and was given 6months.
Africankel:
Standard practice was to issue 3 months validity visa. In recent times, they reduced to 8 weeks for whatever reason. They never extend it to 6 months, no matter how many visas you've gotten. Unless you apply for long stay.

If they extended visa validity by the number of visas you've received or the number of times you've visited, I should be entitled to a 5 or more years visa by now.

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Graceness777(f): 6:41am On Dec 25, 2023
My eldest sister applied the before the Covid-19 began
At first she was give 3months multiple then she came back and applied for another one under visitor visa exceeding 3months and was given 6months.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Graceness777(f): 6:47am On Dec 25, 2023
Better thank God for evisa,after the Covid 19 SA visa became more difficult to obtain
I keep submitting. And there was nothing wrong with this documents
I made sure I had a steady amount of same salary going into my account every months
. But those sticker visa officer are not just ready to give a first timer visa
Until they started this evisa . I submitted the same document and in less than 10days got my visa. Despite my travel history ooo
hunee:
Everyone need have a portfolio for themselves. Those who claim to always get visas by their own thoughts, do not know some people have applied 7/8 times before they got it. I have never been rejected a south african visa, i applied 4 times, and i was issued all. Prior to this time,i have built a solid travel portfolio which is one of the things visas officers always like to see. No one wants to issue a visa or give a job to new comer, its just normal logic. Atleast, visit cotonou, go to ghana, visit all these neighbouring countries, have that exposure and the experience which also helps you to shape and draft a convincing letter of intent or introduction letter.
If you are a business person, register your business with cac, get your house in order. Travel is documentation.
I wish everyone luck.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Graceness777(f): 6:47am On Dec 25, 2023
Better thank God for evisa,after the Covid 19 SA visa became more difficult to obtain
I keep submitting. And there was nothing wrong with this documents
I made sure I had a steady amount of same salary going into my account every months
. But those sticker visa officer are not just ready to give a first timer visa
Until they started this evisa . I submitted the same document and in less than 10days got my visa.

Despite my travel history ooo
hunee:
I wish everyone luck.

(1) (2) (3) ... (893) (894) (895) (896) (897) (898) (899) ... (918) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.