Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,225 members, 7,822,152 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:24 AM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (909) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1737316 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (906) (907) (908) (909) (910) (911) (912) ... (915) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Africankel(m): 1:29pm On Mar 08
cucumbar:
is it that you are no longer required to submit your passport along with other documents when you apply through VSF?

Yes. Your passport remains in your possession throughout the processing time.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Mzyetty: 2:31pm On Mar 08
[quote author=Africankel post=128839298]

That's the mistake I made. I should have kept my passport to myself instead of giving it to them. Today is supposed to be my travel day, My boss had to leave without me. To say I am livid is to put it mildly. I'm not one to give up easily but I give up on SA. They should just give me my Passport abeg, I need it as it expires soon. I applied for the e visa August 2022, Only for them to deny me 4 months after, citing that my yellow card was not clear, I immediately applied for Kenya e-visa and got it within 2 days. Now this, since Feb 1.

No visa application ever stressed me the way SA did. Or its the way we were treated despite the fact that we paid for premium services.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by antobogdan: 3:14pm On Mar 08
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by austino677(m): 4:51pm On Mar 08
Africankel:

This time I paid for single entry, but told the Consular to give me a minimum of one month to enter Bots (unlike the two weeks I got before), we'd actually become friends.

The visa is not sticker, just a stamp, same with Namibia and Jamaica.

Address is Oguta Lake, Maitama. I can't remember the house number.
Hi, do you have any information about namibia visa procedures? If one can submit online
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Africankel(m): 6:56pm On Mar 08
austino677:
Hi, do you have any information about namibia visa procedures? If one can submit online

Application is done in person at the High Commission in Abuja. Similar requirements with SA. Visa fee is 16k for normal service, 32k for express. Visa application form can be gotten on Google.

Fairly straightforward and easy to get approval.

2 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by austino677(m): 6:59pm On Mar 08
Africankel:

Application is done in person at the High Commission in Abuja. Similar requirements with SA. Visa fee is 16k for normal service, 32k for express. Visa application form can be gotten on Google.

Fairly straightforward and easy to get approval.
thanks for response.. I saw this form online. I don't know if it's required to be filled before going to submit?

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Africankel(m): 7:07pm On Mar 08
austino677:
thanks for response.. I saw this form online. I don't know if it's required to be filled before going to submit?

Use the form from their High Commission in USA website, what you've posted here is the one for UK.

You are required to fill the form and submit along with your supporting documents. Ensure to add a cover letter and day-to-day itinerary, it's VERY IMPORTANT.

2 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by austino677(m): 7:20pm On Mar 08
Africankel:

Use the form from their High Commission in USA website, what you've posted here is the one for UK.

You are required to fill the form and submit along with your supporting documents. Ensure to add a cover letter and day-to-day itinerary, it's VERY IMPORTANT.
thank you 😊

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by antobogdan: 8:08am On Mar 09

3 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Mzyetty: 10:55am On Mar 11
@Hunee @Africankel

Please will you advice that I withdraw my passport? I need it for my travels Easter period. I am not sure it will be released before then. I applied since February 1st. Travel date has passed sef. Chances of rejecting me is very high.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by hunee: 10:59am On Mar 11
Mzyetty:
@Hunee @Africankel

Please will you advice that I withdraw my passport? I need it for my travels Easter period. I am not sure it will be released before then. I applied since February 1st. Travel date has passed sef. Chances of rejecting me is very high.

Withdrawing passport is very straightforward.

Contact the email of vfs for that information. They will respond ASAP.

Visit vfs and get the south africa unit email.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Mzyetty: 11:06am On Mar 11
[quote author=hunee post=128882485]

Thank you.

I am just asking if you will advice i do that.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by hunee: 11:08am On Mar 11
Withdraw your passport na. If it is urgent, in the first instance, sa does not collect passports. I dont understand how that happened and they received yours. anyway, Goodluckk.[quote author=Mzyetty post=128882573][/quote]
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Mzyetty: 11:15am On Mar 11
hunee:
Withdraw your passport na. If it is urgent, in the first instance, sa does not collect passports. I dont understand how that happened and they received yours. anyway, Goodluckk.

You are been diplomatic my brother, It is what I will do too grin. So no wam.

The lady actually asked if we wanted to leave it or go with it. I felt it was just visitors visa, it shouldn't take time but alas.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Africankel(m): 11:57am On Mar 11
Mzyetty:
@Hunee @Africankel

Withdraw it. I personally don't like to leave my passport with any Embassy beyond three weeks.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by hunee: 12:01pm On Mar 11
Mzyetty:

You are been diplomatic my brother, It is what I will do too grin. So no wam.

The lady actually asked if we wanted to leave it or go with it. I felt it was just visitors visa, it shouldn't take time but alas.
Na wetin you talk I dey follow o. Above all, na you get final decision.
Botswana is available for you. Follow Kel guide

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Mzyetty: 2:56pm On Mar 11
DONE. Waiting on them

Africankel:

Withdraw it. I personally don't like to leave my passport with any Embassy beyond three weeks.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by H100: 10:40pm On Mar 11
Who does Rands naira exchange here, respond with rate
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by hunee: 12:57am On Mar 12
H100:
Who does Rands naira exchange here, respond with rate
Be warned
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by hunee: 12:59am On Mar 12
Currency trading not allowed here so you don't get swindled.
Take this feedback in your own interest.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by H100: 5:56am On Mar 12
hunee:
Currency trading not allowed here so you don't get swindled.
Take this feedback in your own interest.

Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by akinola12345: 11:05am On Mar 12
Please house how do I go about this

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by hunee: 11:14am On Mar 12
Go back to read my post where i confirmed affirmatively that most visa rejections are as a result of bank feedbacks on account statement of applicants.
akinola12345:
Please house how do I go about this
Re-apply sir, but let your account officer be aware.
This one is not DHA fault. I agree

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by AyaTiraj(f): 10:40pm On Mar 12
SA Sticker Visa at ease and EVISA also available..
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Africankel(m): 10:52pm On Mar 12
AyaTiraj:

SA High Commissioner to Nigeria 😁

2 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Graceness777(f): 9:28am On Mar 13
Check your mail
AyaTiraj:

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by AyaTiraj(f): 4:51pm On Mar 13
Can't find anything

Graceness777:
Check your mail
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by AyaTiraj(f): 5:01pm On Mar 13
Africankel:

SA High Commissioner to Nigeria 😁
I greet ooo

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by blesyn28: 6:34pm On Mar 13
Huge thanks.

I submitted my documents for the student visa renewal in Lagos on the 16th of February, 2024. I was called yesterday 12th March that the High Commission has requested me to come drop my passport for further adjudication of my visa processing.

hunee:

Thank God, I wish you the best !

Cheers.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by hunee: 6:54pm On Mar 13
You welcome ble. Goodluck on your sojourn
blesyn28:
Huge thanks.

I submitted my documents for the student visa renewal in Lagos on the 16th of February, 2024. I was called yesterday 12th March that the High Commission has requested me to come drop my passport for further adjudication of my visa processing.

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 3:20pm On Mar 14
I urgently need naira to sort out few things . In case you need rand contact me please
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by airbnbupdate: 7:24pm On Mar 14
odimbannamdi:

This is the site to use in apply for e-visa?

site is not opening

(1) (2) (3) ... (906) (907) (908) (909) (910) (911) (912) ... (915) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.