Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,896 members, 7,814,029 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:00 AM

Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? (33497 Views)

These 5 Powerful People May Cause Nigeria’s Break-up / Boko-Haram Carnage Making Nigeria Break-up Less Likely - Soyinka / IBB: How To Avoid Nigeria’s Break-Up In 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by OkparaIgbo: 5:16pm On May 25, 2012
@ Onlytruth, Logic Mind, Dede1 and not sure of Beaf as he seems a little out of information on the subject but in any case he is welcomed to educate me here. You Guys seem to have a lot of Very interesting and Logical reasoning on the subject matter Biafra and the Republic of Benin. Cant we for the sake of our children and future Generations expose and analise those informations.? Also like I think only truth said we may need to drop those accusations and plan together for the future as that might be the only recourse.
By the way Guys my reasoning clearly tells me that if the Biafrans invaded the southwest like beaf alleges and forms from it a country in which it liberated from this monster called nigeria, then they must have meant well seeing that so far the awusa's and Yoruba have demonstrated that they are incapable and unworthy to be called brothers. I love your arguments brothers but I sometimes cant seize to see the anger amongst you. Ka Chukwu gozie Okwu a...Iseeee..!!
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Beaf: 5:17pm On May 25, 2012
Obiagu1: @ Beaf, we are still waiting for the information on top officials in Midwest that were killed during the war. Either admit it was a complete falsehood and stop making such claim or you provide the list of those top officials or source. Still waiting ...

Your source:
In a pattern of behavior that can only be described as self-destructive, the "liberation" force went molesting, Molesting, kidnapping, torturing, detaining and even killing local figures whose support they badly needed (14, 17). For example, Mr. J. O Adeola (Commissioner of Police), Mr. Olu Akpata (Permanent Secretary), Mr. Sam Umweni (of Radio Nigeria, Benin) and Mr. J Imoukhuede (Head of the civil service), were abducted from Benin and taken back to Biafra. They remained in prison (without trial) until the end of the war (17). In his memoirs, Ademoyega acknowledges: "The 18th battalion stationed in that port (Warri) was a ragged, ill-equipped and ill-controlled unit. Reports of their lawlessness in town had been scandalous." Such actions (among others) did not endear them to the people they came to liberate from "the north". Ademoyega summarized it thus: "Biafran entry into the Midwest was seen by the people, especially the non-Ibos of the State, as an act of foreign aggression."

If I name them, would you have a clue? Have you ever heard the name, Ibuje? Please find out and come back.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by kshow1(m): 5:22pm On May 25, 2012
My own take is " breaking up may be the only solution in the interest of our children"

1 Like

Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Beaf: 5:23pm On May 25, 2012
OkparaIgbo: @ Onlytruth, Logic Mind, Dede1 and not sure of Beaf as he seems a little out of information on the subject but in any case he is welcomed to educate me here. You Guys seem to have a lot of Very interesting and Logical reasoning on the subject matter Biafra and the Republic of Benin. Cant we for the sake of our children and future Generations expose and analise those informations.? Also like I think only truth said we may need to drop those accusations and plan together for the future as that might be the only recourse.
By the way Guys my reasoning clearly tells me that if the Biafrans invaded the southwest like beaf alleges and forms from it a country in which it liberated from this monster called nigeria, then they must have meant well seeing that so far the awusa's and Yoruba have demonstrated that they are incapable and unworthy to be called brothers. I love your arguments brothers but I sometimes cant seize to see the anger amongst you. Ka Chukwu gozie Okwu a...Iseeee..!!

Lol! You evidently don't like the sound of the truth, bro.
I am quite sure OnlyTruth will tell you the same as I have, but in kinder tones and words to soothe ego's. OnlyTruth is an honest person.
The planning and execution of the Midwest invasion was bad and most likely, led to the failure of the Biafran effort.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by dbride: 5:26pm On May 25, 2012
I really do not know the part of Midwest Biafra killed people during their invasion because there was nothing of such along asaba-benin axis; but there was a masacre of boys, young and old men especially in asaba by Murtala led nigerian troops.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by msb247(m): 5:26pm On May 25, 2012
DivideUs: a lot of us honestly hope so

angry angry angry angry undecided
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Obiagu1(m): 5:31pm On May 25, 2012
Beaf:

If I name them, would you have a clue? Have you ever heard the name, Ibuje? Please find out and come back.

You claim was that Midwest top official[b]S[/b] were executed and you named Ibuje. Were are the others?
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by oketumo: 5:32pm On May 25, 2012
If Nigeria break up [God forbid]who will be the president of biafra republic where every village will like to produce the the leader? though edo and part of delta state will join oduduwa republic,can niger delta republic produce a credible president? pls lets pray for a better Nigeria.every country have her own short comming. including america that got her independence in 1776 {over 200yrs ago] may God forgive u all.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Beaf: 5:33pm On May 25, 2012
Another curious aspect of the war is that David Ejoor halted the Northerners from carrying out assassinations in Enugu. The 1967 counter-coup wasn't just to end in Lagos, but was too be a total wipeout of senior Igbo officers even in the East.

So what happened in between that time and the war that Biafra wanted him dead or alive?

Curious stuff. cool
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by T9ksy(m): 5:35pm On May 25, 2012
mjconcept:
You keep describing yourself,you mentioned BIASED AND BIGOTED MIND I'm not biased or a bigot in any way when it comes to matters concerning Nigeria and Nigerians,I believe in one Nigeria, I caution my Igbo brother when they go wrong, have you ever done that to your folks NO which makes you a biased and bigoted fellow you should grow up and call black black.

Oh i see, the penny drops!!! My bad!

I unlike you do not believe in One (united)Nigeria, never did and never will. Therein lies our difference.

I will admonish any yoruba who aspire to form any type of alliance with ibos, not because of any innate sense of hatred but

because I DO NOT TRUST you guys. All you guys ever do is trying to lord it over others in their OWN backyard. Hell no, i do not

want anything whatsoever to do with you, ibos. That's why i pray fervently everyday that you guys get your biafra and when this

mothaxxxxxx country finally disintegrate, no ibo will be allowed in our region.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by LogicMind: 5:36pm On May 25, 2012
Beaf: Banjo was aware of the atrocities Biafra had left behing them. In fact his reason for stopping at Ore was because he feared that a revenge mission would hit him from Benin, since he had failed to capture Ejoor and Ogbemudia dead or alive (as he was commanded to).

You have to ask questions about why Ejoor had moved his troops out to Nsukka province at the time Biafra invaded and why the defense of the Midwest was left in the hands of Okwechime, Igboba, Nwajei, Nwawo and Ochei (all Igbo's). To the casual observer, it would seem that the Midwest deliberately left the door open. Only to be rewarded with a haunt for Ejoor and Ogbemudia (dead or alive), as well as the execution and kidnap of the Midwests top govt functionaries and civil servants in what was a poorly planned coup.

-Odogwu, Bernard: No place to hide: crises and conflicts inside Biafra. Fourth Dimension Publishers, 1985.

The man was simply petrified with what Biafra had left behind.

You used to be better than this but today I shake my head in dissappointment. So Banjo, a Yoruba, was afraid? That's big news for us!
But you use the quotes of this same man you labelled a coward to justify your assertions.

There are great documentations about the atrocities committed by federal troops in the midwest. How the benin people pointed out igbos amongst them to federal soldiers to be shot. How these same bini people carried out their own ethnic cleansing of their igbo brothers.

Say which top midwestern officials biafra shot. You said that your father knew them. Se he must have names. Other people from your place must have names. We are waiting for those names.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Beaf: 5:36pm On May 25, 2012
^
You must be really daft to think I would bother with you after telling me you wished my father did not escape Biafra's execution.
I don't have time for subhumans, bro.

Obiagu1:

You claim was that Midwest top official[b]S[/b] were executed and you named Ibuje. Were are the others?

Have you been able to find out who he was? I want you to go and confirm that single name and the circumstances of his death (he was executed with several others).
Do that yourself, it would be an eye opener.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Princessaleeza: 5:42pm On May 25, 2012
hardniola: this is headache for me uh
pls where we
calabar be heading if naija break
ma wife nd his pipo
hehhhhh

join d Igbos or u go 2 Cameroun.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by LogicMind: 5:44pm On May 25, 2012
OkparaIgbo: @ Onlytruth, Logic Mind, Dede1 and not sure of Beaf as he seems a little out of information on the subject but in any case he is welcomed to educate me here. You Guys seem to have a lot of Very interesting and Logical reasoning on the subject matter Biafra and the Republic of Benin. Cant we for the sake of our children and future Generations expose and analise those informations.? Also like I think only truth said we may need to drop those accusations and plan together for the future as that might be the only recourse.

My brother I understand you completely.
However, we must always revisit the past so that we must learn and teach our children to be wiser.
If we, like everybody suggests, "drop those accusations", and naively make the same mistakes all over again, our ancestors will not forgive us, the death of the millions of biafrans that died for their fatherland would be in vain. We cannot allow that to happen. The same stick cannot hit the same eye twice. If you don't know where the rain started hitting you, you won't know when it stops.

2 Likes

Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by LogicMind: 5:45pm On May 25, 2012
Beaf: Another curious aspect of the war is that David Ejoor halted the Northerners from carrying out assassinations in Enugu. The 1967 counter-coup wasn't just to end in Lagos, but was too be a total wipeout of senior Igbo officers even in the East.

So what happened in between that time and the war that Biafra wanted him dead or alive?

Curious stuff. cool

Now you have resorted to making things up.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by T9ksy(m): 5:46pm On May 25, 2012

What do you mean by "like beaf alleges"? Btw, how old are you 'cause i don't believe an 18 yr old nigerian will make such a dumb statement. You ought to stick to "viewing" instead of commenting on serious issue, like this one.

Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Ogbonaikenna(m): 5:47pm On May 25, 2012
T9ksy:

Confront them with what? bows and arrows like you guys did? It's an open secret then that the yorubas were the least represented group in the armed forces, a consequence of the UPE in existence in the region at the time coupled with the fact that many of our top military officers had, either being killed in the first and subsequent coup whilst some were conveniently locked up in jails in or near the eastern region. I suppose that was what you guys had in mind for us, i.e rise up with bows and arrows against a murderous fully armed northern troops still baying for ibo blood. You guys must think we are fools!!!

As for your second question above, mass mobilisation, my dear. Mass mobilisation
then why didn't you mobilize your masses against the northern troops?
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by LogicMind: 5:47pm On May 25, 2012
oketumo: If Nigeria break up [God forbid]who will be the president of biafra republic where every village will like to produce the the leader? though edo and part of delta state will join oduduwa republic,can niger delta republic produce a credible president? pls lets pray for a better Nigeria.every country have her own short comming. including america that got her independence in 1776 {over 200yrs ago] may God forgive u all.

It will not be an illiterate, uncircumcised, cow herding nomad who hits his dirty head on the ground many times 5 times a day dreaming of the virgins waiting for him in paradise.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Beaf: 5:48pm On May 25, 2012
Biafra invaded the Midwest, yet some can accuse the Midwest of "betrayal" with a straight face!
How do you attack a person without provocation and then turn round to accuse them of[i] "betrayal?"[/i]
Incredible stuff! Lol!

Wonders! grin
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by LogicMind: 5:51pm On May 25, 2012
Beaf: ^
You must be really daft to think I would bother with you after telling me you wished my father did not escape Biafra's execution.
I don't have time for subhumans, bro.

I warned you. Didn't I. Do not ever insult the memory of my fallen heroes.

1 Like

Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by ugbebor(m): 5:55pm On May 25, 2012
I hope so: Reason, at it is now, we are no longer one Nigeria, again, no Southerner will now invest in the Northern part of Nigeria, like wise the Northerner investing in the South, i believe what is remaining now is the negotiation that may be on any moment from now.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by T9ksy(m): 5:56pm On May 25, 2012
Ogbonaikenna: then why didn't you mobilize your masses against the northern troops?

Because that will be suicidal!!! But it was easier to mobilise and fight my enemies' (north) enemy-aka BLA!

Ojukwu made our task easier when he decided to invade our territory under the guise, he's fighting nigeria.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Beaf: 6:03pm On May 25, 2012
Logic Mind:

I warned you. Didn't I. Do not ever insult the memory of my fallen heroes.

I never said anything about your fallen heroes. Ain't you tired of lying?

What I said is that you are a hate-filled liar, bully and coward who thinks minorities are easy prey to lie on with your cowards "betrayal" stories. I called you a toilet creature and a couple of other choice names.
I also told you, "phuck you" several times. And I'm saying it again:

PHUCK YOU! cool
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by LogicMind: 6:03pm On May 25, 2012
Beaf: ^

Have you been able to find out who he was? I want you to go and confirm that single name and the circumstances of his death (he was executed with several others).
Do that yourself, it would be an eye opener.

I know of a Mr. J.O. Ibuje. Permanent secretary to Commissioner of Local Govt, Mr Edodo. Is this the man you are talking about? Are you seriously saying that Biafran forces shot this man?
Did you just pluck his name out of thin air hoping to bamboozle everybody. Mr. Ibuje was alive when Biafra entered Midwest. Mr Ibuje was alive when Biafra left. If he was killed later, it was either by his own people or by Nigerian soldiers.

Do remember that during our brief passage in your territory, some of you organised what they called a "resistance force" against Biafrans, ambushing and killing biafran soldiers. It would not come as a surprise that soldiers fought back and killed some of them.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by LogicMind: 6:05pm On May 25, 2012
Ogbonaikenna: then why didn't you mobilize your masses against the northern troops?

Are trying to provoke a boiling point in an oily soup filled brain? tongue
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Beaf: 6:07pm On May 25, 2012
[size=14pt]Now, here is a challenge to all liars and tellers of "betrayal" fairy tales.

1. What agreement was betrayed?
2. When was that agreement reached?
3. Name the parties to the agreement.
4. Where was this agreement reached?
5. Provide details of a single meeting where this mysterious agreement was reached.
6. How did the "betrayal" occur?

If you cannot do that, please look in the mirror and realise that you are either brainwashed by the constant repetition of the same lie or you are seeing the reflection of a very hateful lying creature.

Any takers? cool cool cool[/size]
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by LogicMind: 6:08pm On May 25, 2012
Beaf: Biafra invaded the Midwest, yet some can accuse the Midwest of "betrayal" with a straight face!
How do you attack a person without provocation and then turn round to accuse them of[i] "betrayal?"[/i]
Incredible stuff! Lol!

Wonders! grin

LIES LIES LIES

Midwesterners under the guise of nigeria invaded Biafra under the command of a Yoruba man, adekunle the non-moving things murderer, in July 1967. Biafra retaliated in August.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by nduchucks: 6:13pm On May 25, 2012
Biafran apologists should thread carefully. There was no reason to have bombarded Ughelli and Ibusa in the Mid West in the manner it was done - those air raids were unwarranted and unnecessary. That was an overkill. Beaf's claims seem completely plausible given the state of war of the era.

Lets just let sleeping dogs lie.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by LogicMind: 6:13pm On May 25, 2012
Beaf:

I never said anything about your fallen heroes. Ain't you tired of lying?

What I said is that you are a hate-filled liar, bully and coward who thinks minorities are easy prey to lie on with your cowards "betrayal" stories. I called you a toilet creature and a couple of other choice names.
I also told you, "phuck you" several times. And I'm saying it again:

PHUCK YOU! cool

Stop complaining then.
If you can't take the heat, get out.

You insult my heroes when you accuse them of attrocities they didn't commit.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Beaf: 6:15pm On May 25, 2012
Logic Mind:

LIES LIES LIES

Midwesterners under the guise of nigeria invaded Biafra under the command of a Yoruba man, adekunle the non-moving things murderer, in July 1967. Biafra retaliated in August.

Once a liar, always a liar. Shiit always remains shiit, of value only to the scarab.

The Nigerian government launched a "police action" to retake the secessionist territory. The war began on 6 July 1967 when Nigerian Federal troops advanced in two columns into Biafra. The Nigerian army offensive was through the north of Biafra led by Colonel Shuwa and the local military units were formed as the 1st Infantry Division. The division was led mostly by northern officers. After facing unexpectedly fierce resistance and high casualties, the right-hand Nigerian column advanced on the town of Nsukka which fell on 14 July, while the left-hand column made for Garkem, which was captured on 12 July.[b] At this stage of the war, the other regions of Nigeria (the West and Mid-West) still considered the war as a confrontation between the north (mainly Hausas) against the east (mainly Igbos)[citation needed]. But the Biafrans responded with an offensive of their own when, on 9 August, the Biafran forces moved west into the Mid-Western Nigerian region across the Niger river, passing through Benin City, until they were stopped at Ore (in present day Ondo State) [/b]just over the state boundary on 21 August, just 130 miles east of the Nigerian capital of Lagos. The Biafran attack was led by Lt. Col. Banjo, a Yoruba, with the Biafran rank of brigadier. The attack met little resistance and the Mid-West was easily taken over. This was due to the pre-secession arrangement that all soldiers should return to their regions to stop the spate of killings, in which Igbo soldiers had been major victims.[8][12] The Nigerian soldiers that were supposed to defend the Mid-West state were mostly Mid-West Igbo and while some were in touch with their eastern counterparts, others resisted. General Gowon responded by asking Colonel Murtala Mohammed (who later became head of state in 1975) to form another division (the 2nd Infantry Division) to expel the Biafrans from the Mid-West, as well as defend the West side and attack Biafra from the West as well. As Nigerian forces retook the Mid-West, the Biafran military administrator declared the Republic of Benin on 19 September.
Flag of the Republic of Benin.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigerian_Civil_War
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by LogicMind: 6:16pm On May 25, 2012
ndu_chucks: Biafran apologists should thread carefully. There was no treason to have bombarded Ughelli and Ibusa in the Mid West in the manner it was done - those air raids were unwarranted and unnecessary. That was an overkill. Beaf's claims seems completely plausible given the state of war of the era.

Lets just let sleeping dogs lie.

Mr one nigeria lap dog. You will believe any fairytale as long as it fits with your objective.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Beaf: 6:17pm On May 25, 2012
Ayam hia, waiting for liars. grin

Beaf: [size=14pt]Now, here is a challenge to all liars and tellers of "betrayal" fairy tales.

1. What agreement was betrayed?
2. When was that agreement reached?
3. Name the parties to the agreement.
4. Where was this agreement reached?
5. Provide details of a single meeting where this mysterious agreement was reached.
6. How did the "betrayal" occur?

If you cannot do that, please look in the mirror and realise that you are either brainwashed by the constant repetition of the same lie or you are seeing the reflection of a very hateful lying creature.

Any takers? cool cool cool[/size]

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (24) (Reply)

1985 Coup: How I Led Soldiers To Pick Up Buhari – Col. A. Aminu (rtd) / Dele Momodu And Wife At Heathrow Airport / Fayose Hangs Out With Market Women In Ekiti (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.