Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,057 members, 7,835,574 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:59 AM

Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? (33577 Views)

These 5 Powerful People May Cause Nigeria’s Break-up / Boko-Haram Carnage Making Nigeria Break-up Less Likely - Soyinka / IBB: How To Avoid Nigeria’s Break-Up In 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by T9ksy(m): 6:23pm On May 25, 2012
Logic Mind:

Are trying to provoke a boiling point in an oily soup filled brain? tongue

Egbe ni e!!!Whose brain is immersed in oily soup? Was it your ibo leader who risked the lives of his people

on the flimsiest chance that the yorubas will fall into what he thought was his cleverly-laid out trap? Unfortunately we saw

through him like a hot knife "sees" through butter and avoided his master-trap. This culminated in the loss of millions of ibo

lives before the SOB ran off to IC, in search of peace.

Now, let me ask you again , whose brain is awash with oily soup?
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Ogbonaikenna(m): 6:23pm On May 25, 2012
T9ksy:

Because that will be suicidal!!! But it was easier to mobilise and fight my enemies' (north) enemy-aka BLA!

Ojukwu made our task easier when he decided to invade our territory under the guise, he's fighting nigeria.
i just bursted your bubble
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by LogicMind: 6:25pm On May 25, 2012
Beaf:

Once a liar, always a liar. Shiit always remains shiit, of value only to the scarab.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigerian_Civil_War

No wonder you talk like this. So wikipedia, which anybody can edit, is your source? History is written by the winners, but not this time.

Read the real history. Adekunle invaded biafra in july. Biafra invaded nigeria in august.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Dede1(m): 6:40pm On May 25, 2012
Beaf: Banjo was aware of the atrocities Biafra had left behing them. In fact his reason for stopping at Ore was because he feared that a revenge mission would hit him from Benin, since he had failed to capture Ejoor and Ogbemudia dead or alive (as he was commanded to).

You have to ask questions about why Ejoor had moved his troops out to Nsukka province at the time Biafra invaded and why the defense of the Midwest was left in the hands of Okwechime, Igboba, Nwajei, Nwawo and Ochei (all Igbo's). To the casual observer, it would seem that the Midwest deliberately left the door open. Only to be rewarded with a haunt for Ejoor and Ogbemudia (dead or alive), as well as the execution and kidnap of the Midwests top govt functionaries and civil servants in what was a poorly planned coup.

-Odogwu, Bernard: No place to hide: crises and conflicts inside Biafra. Fourth Dimension Publishers, 1985.

The man was simply petrified with what Biafra had left behind.

You have written like someone who is oblivious to military parlance. What would it have meant to Biafra if Ejoor and Ogbemudia were captured dead or alive when both never even commanded a platoon during the civil war? Mid-western region was neither a country nor considered the rich real estate in Nigeria during the time frame in discussion. During the time frame paramount to this discussion, eastern region was the only prime real estate in Nigeria. I must say that Mid-western region was relevant in this discussion because it provided source for men, material and launching pad for Nigeria. 3MCDO was erected in Escravos by men drawn from Yoruba, Edo, Itsekiri, Eshan, Urhobo and Ijo. In addition, Mid-western region was unavoidable landmark situated between Biafra and Nigeria and seated on the possible route which will enable Biafrans to dislodge Gowon and soldiers from northern region in Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by gudnex22(m): 6:40pm On May 25, 2012
[b][/b][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font][color=#000099][/color]

How i wish it is true becuase am so tire of all these useless M A L A M S. We need peace!!!!
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by aljharem(m): 6:42pm On May 25, 2012
LMAO !!!! This Beaf is a complete lunatic. He wants to sound like someone fighting for mid-west. LOL grin grin grin grin dude think again.

It is clear Beaf does not fully understand the matter but so that he does not look like a pro-baifran he decided to go with the opposite argument. It still does not change the fact that YOU ARE A BIGOT sir.

You were the one shouting that mid-west and co would join biafra etc only for you to turn around knowing full well that you have been lying to Onlytruth and co, filling your ego.

@ Topic, Logicmind (Igbo), Jason(itsekiri), Niflheim and bbpreye (Ijaw) (Other Igbos and Yorubas)

I understand your pains and how things have not worked out in Nigeria for anyone. The problem of Nigeria is not the "Hausa-fulani" or the "Yorubas" or "Igbos" The problem for your frustration and the suffering of your people (everyone else) are politicians.

Likes of IBB, Alams, and co are still stealing your money claiming they are fight for igbo, yoruba, hausa-fulani, ijaw etc ethnicity it is all lies my brothers and sisters. It only takes a discerning mind to see all this.

Lets think here, if we are enjoying and it so happen that Nigeria is the best country in the world, do you think we all would be bitter ? Certainly not.

All this "it is my land" it is my resources etc would all end if we make Nigeria better. The solution of Nigeria problem is if we don't likes of Beaf who are paid to incite ethnic hate on others are ignored and we fight a common enemy who are the corrupt politicians. That is the only way out.

If today Arewa, Odua, Baifra etc are all formed, do you think you all would be better off ? Certainly not because likes of Tafa balogun and Ibori would follow you to your individual countries and destroy it for una.

Work together as a unit and stop tribalism.

1 Like

Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Obiagu1(m): 6:43pm On May 25, 2012
@ Beaf, it's now obvious that you are the one distorting the truth. You still have not provided the list of Midwestern top official[b]S[/b] executed by the troops heading to Lagos as you claimed. There's no amount of repetition that will change the truth.

The fact remains that a Biafran troop passed through the Midwest on their way to Lagos and meant no harm to Midwesterners. Any Midwestern top official killed was after the troop was stopped at Ore and war began fully in the Midwest with Midwesterners fighting with other Nigerians, thus became enemies of Biafra. That was how it happened and you can't alter the truth to justify the reason you joined Nigerian forces. You called it invasion but we call it passing through with no harm intended. You don't expect us to jump over you to Lagos, the seat of the government, without passing through your territory. If Abuja was the capital then, we'll pass through Igala/Idoma territory. Period!
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by LogicMind: 6:48pm On May 25, 2012
alj harem: LMAO !!!! This Beaf is a complete lunatic. He wants to sound like someone fighting for mid-west. LOL grin grin grin grin dude think again.

It is clear Beaf does not fully understand the matter but so that he does not look like a pro-baifran he decided to go with the opposite argument. It still does not change the fact that YOU ARE A BIGOT sir.

You were the one shouting that mid-west and co would join biafra etc only for you to turn around knowing full well that you have been lying to Onlytruth and co, filling your ego.

@ Topic, Logicmind (Igbo), Jason(itsekiri), Niflheim and bbpreye (Ijaw) (Other Igbos and Yorubas)

I understand your pains and how things have not worked out in Nigeria for anyone. The problem of Nigeria is not the "Hausa-fulani" or the "Yorubas" or "Igbos" The problem for your frustration and the suffering of your people (everyone else) are politicians.

Likes of IBB, Alams, and co are still stealing your money claiming they are fight for igbo, yoruba, hausa-fulani, ijaw etc ethnicity it is all lies my brothers and sisters. It only takes a discerning mind to see all this.

Lets think here, if we are enjoying and it so happen that Nigeria is the best country in the world, do you think we all would be bitter ? Certainly not.

All this "it is my land" it is my resources etc would all end if we make Nigeria better. The solution of Nigeria problem is if we don't likes of Beaf who are paid to incite ethnic hate on others are ignored and we fight a common enemy who are the corrupt politicians. That is the only way out.

If today Arewa, Odua, Baifra etc are all formed, do you think you all would be better off ? Certainly not because likes of Tafa balogun and Ibori would follow you to your individual countries and destroy it for una.

Whenever I listen to you, I imagine Abubakar Tafawa Balewa sitting on his mat, telling his Yoruba slaves about the need to fight a comon enemy so that things will get better for all of us, while at the same time scheming the murder and looting of resources of others.
We are not one.
We shall never be one.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by ak47mann(m): 6:49pm On May 25, 2012
the founder of nigeria is going to brake up soon,when the parents are not there the kids will grow mature and find their feet cool

https://www.nairaland.com/946666/fantastic-uk-break-up-2016#10920458
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Dede1(m): 6:53pm On May 25, 2012
Beaf: Another curious aspect of the war is that David Ejoor halted the Northerners from carrying out assassinations in Enugu. The 1967 counter-coup wasn't just to end in Lagos, but was too be a total wipeout of senior Igbo officers even in the East.

So what happened in between that time and the war that Biafra wanted him dead or alive?

Curious stuff. cool

Please tell me you are not in a state of unreasonable desperation to spread falsehood. When the coup of July 29, 1966 occurred, Ejoor was already military governor of Mid-western region and had been posted out of 1st Battalion at Enugu. As a matter of fact, Ejoor has not resumed duty as the commander of 1st Battalion in place of Lt Col Fajuiyi when Jaunary 15, 1966 coup was precipitated. When Ironsi assumed command as head of state, he posted Ejoor to Mid-western region as military governor while the command of 1st Battalion temporally rested on shoulder of Major David Ogunenwe. One wonders how inconsequential David Ejoor halted the Northerners from carrying out assassinations in Enugu when Ejoor could not halt Lt D S Dimka from chasing Major S Ogbemudia across Benin City.

2 Likes

Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Coenvict: 7:05pm On May 25, 2012
[quote author=Logic Mind]By the Holy Grace of Amadioha, Biafra shall be free of northern oppressors, western betrayers and neighbourly saboteurs!
Iseee![/YOU THE BOSS]

1 Like

Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Obiagu1(m): 7:06pm On May 25, 2012
The very sincere truth is that a Biafra that includes the minority groups is not possible if Nigeria was allowed to disintegrate into as many countries as possible. The likes of Isoko will become a country on their own, because they feel they have oil, dumping their brothers, the Urhobos. Itsekiri, Ikwerri, Ibibio etc will become countries since many of them have the dream of becoming Sheiks and ultra wealthy because of oil, no other reason!

A Biafra that includes minority groups could only happen if the UN specified the number of countries in any post Nigeria like in Sudan where we have just north and south. In this situation, they will resist, create problems everywhere because they feel their oil is meant for them and them alone. Every other person is a parasite.

Any talk of SE/SS is a mere decoy, just a means to achieve the ulterior motive. Scenario #2 will happen if they are forced into a union with others and will result in severe resistance.

I look forward to post Nigeria in any form.

2 Likes

Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Dede1(m): 7:17pm On May 25, 2012
Obiagu1: The very sincere truth is that a Biafra that includes the minority groups is not possible if Nigeria was allowed to disintegrate into as many countries as possible. The likes of Isoko will become a country on their own, because they feel they have oil, dumping their brothers, the Urhobos. Itsekiri, Ikwerri, Ibibio etc will become countries since many of them have the dream of becoming Sheiks and ultra wealthy because of oil, no other reason!

A Biafra that includes minority groups could only happen if the UN specified the number of countries in any post Nigeria like in Sudan where we have just north and south. In this situation, they will resist, create problems everywhere because the feel their oil is meant for them and them alone. Every other person is a parasite.

I look forward to post Nigeria in any form.

Bros, you stated the reasons I wanted Nigeria to disintegrate into 300 nations. Some of these ninnies do not know that crude oil only contributes no more than 14% of Nigeria’s gross national product. And when crude oil from the offshore is removed, some of these loudmouthed punks will realize the jokers they have been all this while. If Obasanjo has carried out the decision of the supreme court on dichotomy of offshore and onshore crude oil wells, many states would be irrelevant on the issue of crude oil.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by T9ksy(m): 7:44pm On May 25, 2012
alj harem:
If today [b]Arewa, Odua, Baifra [/b]etc are all formed, do you think you all would be better off ? Certainly not because likes of Tafa balogun and Ibori would follow you to your individual countries and destroy it for una.

Who cares and who's afraid to stay on their own? Don't care if the country into 10 nations at least the people within this new nations will share a common identity and goal.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Beaf: 7:51pm On May 25, 2012
Dede1:

You have written like someone who is oblivious to military parlance. What would it have meant to Biafra if Ejoor and Ogbemudia were captured dead or alive when both never even commanded a platoon during the civil war? Mid-western region was neither a country nor considered the rich real estate in Nigeria during the time frame in discussion. During the time frame paramount to this discussion, eastern region was the only prime real estate in Nigeria. I must say that Mid-western region was relevant in this discussion because it provided source for men, material and launching pad for Nigeria. 3MCDO was erected in Escravos by men drawn from Yoruba, Edo, Itsekiri, Eshan, Urhobo and Ijo. In addition, Mid-western region was unavoidable landmark situated between Biafra and Nigeria and seated on the possible route which will enable Biafrans to dislodge Gowon and soldiers from northern region in Lagos.

3MCDO was only created after unecessary bad blood had been created against the Igbo's from their invasion of the Midwest. Up until the mistake in the Midwest, the civil war was considered and fought as a battle between the East and North. In fact, all prior attacks against Biafra had come through the Benue/Kogi route. In all these attacks, Biafra always gave the federal side a resounding beating. It can be confedently said that up till the invasion of the Midwest, Biafra had the upper hand. So why open a needless front through the Midwest and create unnecessary enmity? Why throw victory away?

I will tell you something else my dad told me. It was that the federal troops were extremely piss-poorly trained and trigger happy. They would advance and when they came across the smallest bush, would set up machine guns and cut it down with bullets, because they were afraid of what could be behind it.
Now, faced with such a useless mob, victory should have been easy for Biafra. Why did they need to create bad blood with Midwesterners who were merely neutral unlookers (being just minorities)? The turning point of the war came with the mass recruitment of Southern soldiers.
The "Edo, Itsekiri, Eshan, Urhobo and Ijo" you mentioned would never have joined in if they did not feel violated by the invasion of the Midwest.

At most, Biafra needed to keep the route through Agbor to Onitsha under lock and key and NO MORE.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by amosy007: 7:52pm On May 25, 2012
jason123: I have followed this thread from the beginning! All I have to say is

BBpreye
, you have you head screwed on tightly on your shoulders! Kudos. The East and West MUST join to make ND republic stand!

As for the people shouting Biafra, quote me anywhere, the MID-WEST was not going to join Biafra so we can be suppressed by Igbos? God forbid it!
Secondly, in the MW, groups like the Itsekiris, EDOS, Ilajes and even the Uhrobos will never join Biafra. The Ilajes bear Yoruba names, some Edos (Usen, Akoko and co) bear "Yoruba names" even Itsekiris have Yorubaiod names and you think for one second, they will drop all that to become a minority in Biafra?? Bunch of jokers!!!

Lastly, before LIES are taken as the truth!

GBAM.. am edo and i can never join biafra with all this hates.. That tribe is to treachrous 4 my likening
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by T9ksy(m): 7:53pm On May 25, 2012
Logic Mind:

Whenever I listen to you, I imagine Abubakar Tafawa Balewa sitting on his mat, telling his Yorubaibo slaves about the need to fight a comon enemy so that things will get better for all of us, while at the same time scheming the murder and looting of resources of others.
We are not one.
We shall never be one.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Beaf: 8:01pm On May 25, 2012
Obiagu1: @ Beaf, it's now obvious that you are the one distorting the truth. You still have not provided the list of Midwestern top official[b]S[/b] executed by the troops heading to Lagos as you claimed. There's no amount of repetition that will change the truth.

The fact remains that a Biafran troop passed through the Midwest on their way to Lagos and meant no harm to Midwesterners. Any Midwestern top official killed was after the troop was stopped at Ore and war began fully in the Midwest with Midwesterners fighting with other Nigerians, thus became enemies of Biafra. That was how it happened and you can't alter the truth to justify the reason you joined Nigerian forces. You called it invasion but we call it passing through with no harm intended. You don't expect us to jump over you to Lagos, the seat of the government, without passing through your territory. If Abuja was the capital then, we'll pass through Igala/Idoma territory. Period!

I told you to go find out who a particular name was, but you obviously want to avoid the discomfort of the truth in its plain nak'edness.
Biafra bungled their war effort terribly in the Midwest and that is the reason for the heaps of unjust lies. They felt the minorities were too small to talk to. You don't just invade a mans territory, execute people, cart some off to Enugu, hunt for the governor dead or alive and naively think that bad blood would not be generated.

Dude, someone phucked up and felt it was easier to tell a lie (afterall, it was against minorities who barely had a voice). That lie became propaganda and has since been repeated from father to son. Regardless, it remains a lie.
Take time out to study what really transpired in the Midwest; look at it with completely fresh eys and you would conclude that the story you have grown up to believe is ridiculous and cannot have any stretch of truth in it.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by LogicMind: 8:01pm On May 25, 2012
amosy007:

GBAM.. am edo and i can never join biafra with all this hates.. That tribe is to treachrous 4 my likening

but aboki loves you very much. enjoy the aboki love. mumu.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Beaf: 8:05pm On May 25, 2012
Since nobody has a reply to this challenge, can we lay the matter "betrayal" to rest as false?
I do not think some of my Igbo brothers who carry so much venom and hatred against minorities actually know the bridges being burnt. Thankfully, the leaders on both sides are well and truly above such tales.

Beaf: [size=14pt]Now, here is a challenge to all liars and tellers of "betrayal" fairy tales.

1. What agreement was betrayed?
2. When was that agreement reached?
3. Name the parties to the agreement.
4. Where was this agreement reached?
5. Provide details of a single meeting where this mysterious agreement was reached.
6. How did the "betrayal" occur?

If you cannot do that, please look in the mirror and realise that you are either brainwashed by the constant repetition of the same lie or you are seeing the reflection of a very hateful lying creature.

Any takers? cool cool cool[/size]
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Nobody: 8:17pm On May 25, 2012
beaf let me give you an advice (though you don't deserve it)
quit wasting your energy with m.orons who grew up believing that anything wrong that happened to them was caused by others!
there is not a single tribe or region in nigeria that the igbos don't blame for one thing or another!
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by OkparaIgbo: 8:19pm On May 25, 2012
@ Beaf and his appologists I came into this conversation full blooded Igbo and Biafran but was open to learn some of the unfortunate incidents that might have led to the failure of my beautiful land of the Rising Sun. And let me clearify the fool asking how old I am, I am over 20 something so go figure. However I am one that will not take crap from anyone and like to educate myself on issues. However like I have always stated Im full blooded Igbo and I would have been very depressed and probably suicidal if I wasnt from the Igbo Tribe as I see from everything I HAVE GROWN UP TO KNOW AND SEE THAT WE ARE BLESSED and it shouldn't be of surprise to people if we claim relationship to the Isrealites because they under went similar faith as the Igbo's but were however blessed beyond measure and are still are. Ok enough back to topic. Beaf all I read from you are empty claims without substantial evidence to back up your claims and stupid 4th person acclamation from hear say. I have always looked out for your comments on topic relating to the Southern hemisphere and the Igbo's but I can sense pretence after reading your comments today. Only Truth and Logic Mind and Dede1 I respect you guys very much and I am a believer that the past must be noted and mistakes a vital key to plan towards the future if success is to be achieved, Please is there any book or article/journal I can buy to further improve my knowledge on the Biafra news. I have watched soo many videos with regards to the war and now I wish my Hero Ikemba Ojukwu had completed his book before his death. May His Gentle Soul rest in the Lord I am one out of millions of Igbos that believe he was a messiah of my race. Hope another shall rise again and BIAFRA (THE LAND OF THE RISING SUN SHALL EMERGE WITH STRICTLY THE IGBO'S AND ANY OTHER PARTY THAT THINK WE CAN BE BROTHERLY ENOUGH. CUT THE CRAP OF " THE IGBO'S ARE NOT UNIFIED BECAUSE EVERY EVIDENCE SUGGESTS OTHERWISE" Umunne m ekele mu no. kiss
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Dede1(m): 8:21pm On May 25, 2012
Beaf:

3MCDO was only created after unecessary bad blood had been created against the Igbo's from their invasion of the Midwest. Up until the mistake in the Midwest, the civil war was considered and fought as a battle between the East and North. In fact, all prior attacks against Biafra had come through the Benue/Kogi route. In all these attacks, Biafra always gave the federal side a resounding beating. It can be confedently said that up till the invasion of the Midwest, Biafra had the upper hand. So why open a needless front through the Midwest and create unnecessary enmity? Why throw victory away?

I will tell you something else my dad told me. It was that the federal troops were extremely piss-poorly trained and trigger happy. They would advance and when they came across the smallest bush, would set up machine guns and cut it down with bullets, because they were afraid of what could be behind it.
Now, faced with such a useless mob, victory should have been easy for Biafra. Why did they need to create bad blood with Midwesterners who were merely neutral unlookers (being just minorities)? The turning point of the war came with the mass recruitment of Southern soldiers.
The "Edo, Itsekiri, Eshan, Urhobo and Ijo" you mentioned would never have joined in if they did not feel violated by the invasion of the Midwest.

At most, Biafra needed to keep the route through Agbor to Onitsha under lock and key and NO MORE.

I am of the view you are better than this disingenuous and despicable display on the thread. After the unsuccessful July 29, 1966 coup, due to the fact eastern region was no-go area for Gowon and northern soldiers, Nigeria (which include northern, western and mid-western regions) and Gowon decided to invade eastern region. In fact, with urging of David Ejoor, Gowon relocated LGO under Adekunle to Escravos to be bloated into a brigade or possible a division. It was at Escravos, Mid-western region that less than a battalion LGO was built into a brigade with young men from Yoruba, Edo, Itsekiri, Urhobo, Eshan and Isoko. Also, David Ejoor procured some of the sea-landing crafts LGO needed to launch amphibious operation on Ubani (Bonny) in eastern region of July 16, 1967. By the time Bonny was captured on July 26, 1967, LGO has grown into a full division with designated name of 3rd division.

I do believe you are intelligent enough to discern that July is a month ahead of August. Since Nigeria, including Mid-western region, had been attacking eastern region from July 6, 1967, a person wonders what instigated you to deduce that Biafra punitively launched a military attack against a country such as Republic of Mid-western Region.

As matter of fact, Biafra would have launched military attack on Nigeria through mid-western region earlier than August 8, 1967 when it did. I guess in your neck of wood, they count the months of year from December to January that is reason you thought Biafra first initiated attack through mid-western region.

2 Likes

Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by PhysicsQED(m): 8:24pm On May 25, 2012
amosy007:

Will you stop it already and crawl back into the sewer you crawled out of?! We hashed this out already. You are not and have never been Edo you shameless demon.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Beaf: 8:26pm On May 25, 2012
OkparaIgbo: @ Beaf and his appologists I came into this conversation full blooded Igbo and Biafran but was open to learn some of the unfortunate incidents that might have led to the failure of my beautiful land of the Rising Sun. And let me clearify the fool asking how old I am, I am over 20 something so go figure. However I am one that will not take crap from anyone and like to educate myself on issues. However like I have always stated Im full blooded Igbo and I would have been very depressed and probably suicidal if I wasnt from the Igbo Tribe as I see from everything I HAVE GROWN UP TO KNOW AND SEE THAT WE ARE BLESSED and it shouldn't be of surprise to people if we claim relationship to the Isrealites because they under went similar faith as the Igbo's but were however blessed beyond measure and are still are. Ok enough back to topic. Beaf all I read from you are empty claims without substantial evidence to back up your claims and stupid 4th person acclamation from hear say. I have always looked out for your comments on topic relating to the Southern hemisphere and the Igbo's but I can sense pretence after reading your comments today. Only Truth and Logic Mind and Dede1 I respect you guys very much and I am a believer that the past must be noted and mistakes a vital key to plan towards the future if success is to be achieved, Please is there any book or article/journal I can buy to further improve my knowledge on the Biafra news. I have watched soo many videos with regards to the war and now I wish my Hero Ikemba Ojukwu had completed his book before his death. May His Gentle Soul rest in the Lord I am one out of millions of Igbos that believe he was a messiah of my race. Hope another shall rise again and BIAFRA (THE LAND OF THE RISING SUN SHALL EMERGE WITH STRICTLY THE IGBO'S AND ANY OTHER PARTY THAT THINK WE CAN BE BROTHERLY ENOUGH. CUT THE CRAP OF " THE IGBO'S ARE NOT UNIFIED BECAUSE EVERY EVIDENCE SUGGESTS OTHERWISE" Umunne m ekele mu no. kiss

Dude, I will put it in very plain terms. If you wish to believe a lie that is enraging to me and my people, I couldn't give a phuck about what you think. cool
If you or anyone else tells lies that Biafra was betrayed by the Midwest minorities, I would call that person a liar in uncompromising terms.
The fact that I side with Igbo's does not mean I will condone a wicked lie.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by LogicMind: 8:27pm On May 25, 2012
torkaka: beaf let me give you an advice (though you don't deserve it)
quit wasting your energy with m.orons who grew up believing that anything wrong that happened to them was caused by others!
there is not a single tribe or region in nigeria that the igbos don't blame for one thing or another!

Which is why we wanted to be on our own!
MASSOB!

Leave us alone.

[size=55pt]LONG LIVE THE PEOPLES REPUBLIC OF BIAFRA![/size]
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by PhysicsQED(m): 8:31pm On May 25, 2012
Dede1, I know you have a 'database' so can you actually list the names of those soldiers put together at Escravos?
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Dede1(m): 8:33pm On May 25, 2012
PhysicsQED: Dede1, I know you have a 'database' so can you actually list the names of those soldiers put together at Escravos?

Please check with Nigerian army
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Beaf: 8:34pm On May 25, 2012
Dede1:

I am of the view you are better than this disingenuous and despicable display on the thread. After the unsuccessful July 29, 1966 coup, due to the fact eastern region was no-go area for Gowon and northern soldiers, Nigeria (which include northern, western and mid-western regions) and Gowon decided to invade eastern region. In fact, with urging of David Ejoor, Gowon relocated LGO under Adekunle to Escravos to be bloated into a brigade or possible a division. It was at Escravos, Mid-western region that less than a battalion LGO was built into a brigade with young men from Yoruba, Edo, Itsekiri, Urhobo, Eshan and Isoko. Also, David Ejoor procured the sea-craft LGO needed to launch amphibious operation on Ubani (Bonny) in eastern region of July 16, 1967. By the time Bonny was captured on July 26, 1967, LGO has grown into a full division with designated name of 3rd division.

I do believe you are intelligent enough to discern that July is a month ahead of August. Since Nigeria, including Mid-western region, had been attacking eastern region from July 6, 1967, a person wonders what instigated you to deduce that Biafra punitively launched a military attack against a country such as Republic of Mid-western Region.

As matter of fact, Biafra would have launched military attack on Nigeria through mid-western region earlier than August 8, 1967 when it did. I guess in your neck of wood, they count the months of year from December to January that is reason you thought Biafra first initiated attack through mid-western region.

Oga Dede, nobody did anything in Escravos before the invasion of the Midwest.

It does not pay you and neither does it pay me to be liberal with dates.
Dates and sequence are extremely important in any recounting of historical events.

When you put sequence in, your account above becomes a distortion of history. The Midwest had nothing against Biafra until the invasion. In fact, as I mentioned earlier, Ejoor even sent the troops under his command to Nsukka, leaving the Midwest totally open, At that point or before, Biafra should have consulted with him.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by T9ksy(m): 8:36pm On May 25, 2012
[quote author=Logic Mind]

Which is why we wanted to be on our own!
MASSOB!

Leave us alone.

[quote]

And who's stopping you? Good riddiance, i will say. Just don't for a minute think you can have your biafra

whilst still laying claim to being a "nigerian" in my region, 'cause there will be nothing like that any longer.

Once you realised your utopia, all ibos within my region automatically become aliens to be dealt with, as such.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Beaf: 8:37pm On May 25, 2012
torkaka: beaf let me give you an advice (though you don't deserve it)

I do not need your advice. What we are having here is a family quarrel. Buzz off. cool
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by LogicMind: 8:44pm On May 25, 2012
Beaf:

Dude, I will put it in very plain terms. If you wish to believe a lie that is enraging to me and my people, I couldn't give a phuck about what you think. cool
If you or anyone else tells lies that Biafra was betrayed by the Midwest minorities, I would call that person a liar in uncompromising terms.
The fact that I side with Igbo's does not mean I will condone a wicked lie.

Will you please shut up about this your midwestern betrayal fantasy?
Who here accused you of betraying Biafra?
The Southern minorities inside Biafra betrayed Biafra.
You were at worst an enemy combattant to Biafra.

Show us who accused midwest of betraying Biafra or shut up.

But that does not mean that you did not betray something, so I will answer your questions

Beaf: Now, here is a challenge to all liars and tellers of "betrayal" fairy tales.

1. What agreement was betrayed? Aburi Accord
2. When was that agreement reached? 5th January 1967
3. Name the parties to the agreement.
Lt.-Col. Yakubu Gowon- Head of State
Lt.-Col. Odumegwu Ojukwu - Governor Eastern State
Major Mobolaji Johnson - Governor Lagos State
Lt.-Col. Hassan Katsina - Governor Northern State
Lt.-Col. David Ejoor - Governor Mid-Western State
Commodore Joseph Edet Akinwale Wey - Governor Rivers State
Colonel Robert Adebayo - Governor Western State
Alhaji Kam Selem
Mr. T. Omo-Bare

Others as follows:

N. Akpan Secretary to the Military Governor-East
Alhaji Ali Akilu Secretary to the Military Governor-North
D. Lawani Under Secretary, Military Governor's Office-Mid-West.
P. Odumosu Secretary to the Military Governor-West
S. Akenzua Permanent Under-Secretary-Federal Cabinet Office

4. Where was this agreement reached? Aburi, Ghana.
5. Provide details of a single meeting where this mysterious agreement was reached. http://resourcedat.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/BIAFRA-THE-ABURI-ACCORD.pdf
6. How did the "betrayal" occur? Your governor sided with gowon contrary to what he agreed upon

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (24) (Reply)

Saraki’s Trial Splits APC; Senior Member Blasts Party Leaders For ‘keeping Quiet / Dress Code In Lagos House Of Assembly Worthy Of Emulation / NANS To Protest N145 Petrol Price Next Week

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.