Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,183 members, 7,839,029 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 12:41 PM

Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (95) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! (72054 Views)

Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by duduspace(m): 11:57am On Sep 29, 2010
maedan:

Anyway, I will twist that ancient saying to my own words and say, "I hope our enemies stick around the thread long enough so they can be here when we celebrate our next victory. . .
"

Hmmm I hope and pray all of us are still here when next that happens, the way liverpool is going, the next trophy they are likely to celebrate is the League 2 championship. That one is also silverware abi? tongue tongue
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by maedan(f): 7:22am On Sep 30, 2010
Lol, @duduspace, just go abeg. Leave Liverpool Alone (L.L.A.)

And that goes for all you haters! Lol.
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by bgees(m): 10:28pm On Sep 30, 2010
Hodgson will run us aground faster than the Americans. I think the management got an English manager as opposed to a foreign one because we did not want a manager that would not adjust to the game on time, so Hodgson has no excuse.

Shiitty tactics and lineups(like gerrard in the middle and meirels on the right wing must stop! Has anyone noticed that we have never outplayed any team in the league this season? West brom with a man down outplayed us. Last season , we picked up so many draws and losses against smaller teams but were never outplayed by those teams.

The man let out quality and brought in mediocre players. Poulsen for Mascherano? Corvette for a Lamborghini?

SACK HODGSON NOW!!
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by dayokanu(m): 10:41pm On Sep 30, 2010
^^^ Remember this? cheesy cheesy cheesy

dayokanu (m)
U.S.A

Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds !
« #2942 on: August 23, 2010, 11:12 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Blame Roy Hodgson for being English, English coaches are naturally and genetically clueless. Mention one decent English coach
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by bgees(m): 11:53pm On Sep 30, 2010
I did not expect much from Hodgson. It was illusion2 , he was high with high hopes defending Hodgson's appointment all over the place.

Benitez was a cautious manager, but Hodgson makes our team under benitez look like Barcelona. The man sacrificed our biggest weapon .
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by jalether(m): 12:27am On Oct 01, 2010
Why is Hodgson finding it difficult to replicate his Fulham performance at Liverpool considering he's better equipped with the reds

He's finding it exceedingly difficult to get the best out of his top players, . . Gerrard and Torres have been a shadow of their former selves, carragher's

form has dipped significantly and joke cole is only confirming most pundits suspicion/prediction that he's past his prime. . . . in conclusion, Liverpool, given fierce

competition by spurs and city,are shaping up to end the season outside the top 4. . . . so Liverpudlians should start getting used to playing in Europa cup for

a couple more years
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by illusion2: 7:16am On Oct 02, 2010
Guys. . . I understand your fury and disappointment. wink

But you must admit ,Benitez screwed things around too much. . .add that to the inept owners . . .you have nothing but a walking timebomb !

I honestly believe Roy will deliver,the fact is a lot of the players are underperforming at the moment (Torres inclusive).

We have faced 3 of the 4 likely EPL contenders already,we came up short ,but the next few weeks should vindicate my trust in Hodgson.

As always my dear friends . . . . . .

[center][size=28pt]
YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE kiss kiss kiss[/size]
[/center]
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by bgees(m): 12:17am On Oct 03, 2010
illusion2:

Guys. . . I understand your fury and disappointment. wink

But you must admit ,Benitez screwed things around too much. . .add that to the inept owners . . .you have nothing but a walking timebomb !

I honestly believe Roy will deliver,the fact is a lot of the players are underperforming at the moment (Torres inclusive).

We have faced 3 of the 4 likely EPL contenders already,we came up short ,but the next few weeks should vindicate my trust in Hodgson.

As always my dear friends . . . . . .

[center][size=28pt]
YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE kiss kiss kiss[/size]
[/center]

We should have kept Benitez. Reason why? There were too many problems last season it was silly to lay the blame on the manager. It was a transitional period in that we lost a very key player in Alonso. And whoever was to replace would obviously need time to gel. We got Aquilani but he was not fit. So Rafa takes his share of the blame there. Also our remaining key players did not get in to form in time. Mascherano,Carra &Gerrard started the season poorly but Masch recovered his form early.

so it was not just down to Benitez.

Torres is not performing but where is the service? Hodgson has sacrificed the Torres/gerrard partnership just because of some silly english idea that Gerrard plays better in the centre midfield.

Read this tweet from a Fulham fan :

''On substitutions:

He’ll make few substitutions, those he does will come late in the game and be mechanical. For example at Fulham he’ll take off Danny Murphy on 75 mins, every game. His philosophy is essentially one of Plan A, Plan A, Plan A. He’s worked on a plan with his team (no really, he has) and he’ll see it through on the basis that it is just a question of keep on working at it and it will work eventually. He is not short on believing in his convictions.

On selections:

He believes in having a first 11. He will work out who it is and then stick with it, week in week out. Others will play in the Europa League and the cups [now labeled his Liverpool ‘B team’]. Don’t expect to see him at the Academy too often, just not his thing.

On formation / tactics:

He’ll get his team to sit back in two banks of four, very narrow and basically say to the opposition, “go on play through us”. It had some success against teams like Arsenal. When you win the ball back, first option will be a ball to the striker and let him hold it up. Wide midfielders will often play on the side opposite their best foot to cut in (like Damien Duff at Fulham) and the fullbacks will have to provide any width. You’ll find it frustrating to watch as they won’t press, and as a fan it is very hard to get into the game when there is limited energy in attack or defence.

At Fulham the fans get into it because their expectations are lower and they have more games against what they see as better teams, and anything from the games is a victory of some sorts they can support. I think you’ll find it tougher to hang on to that at Anfield.''
And that is exactly what I've seein so far.
So are u still confident he will turn things around?
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by chic2pimp(m): 6:40pm On Oct 03, 2010
[size=20pt]LOOSERFOOLS, HOW MERKET!!!![/size]

[size=28pt]YOU'LL FOREVER WALK ALONE!!! smiley smiley smiley[/size]
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by illusion2: 7:04pm On Oct 03, 2010
Today was a total disaster. . . but lets hope for the best.
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by illusion2: 7:10pm On Oct 03, 2010
chic2pimp:

[size=20pt]LOOSERFOOLS, HOW MERKET!!!![/size]

[size=28pt]YOU'LL FOREVER WALK ALONE!!! smiley smiley smiley[/size]

F.u.ck you f.o.ol !

The i.mbecil.e can't even spell correctly  tongue

Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by chic2pimp(m): 7:57pm On Oct 03, 2010
Sugumu abi Dundee tongue Sha answer my own question

[size=20pt]Come è il mercato?

Cómo es el mercado?

Wie Markt ist?

Как рынок?

Va comment le marché?

Yaya Kasua

איך השוק

怎麼市場
[/size]
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by maedan(f): 10:32pm On Oct 03, 2010
Please please please, no hate or hooliganism on this thread. We don't mind a little ribbing or a wisecrack or two, after all the team is on a losing run for now. But anyone that wants to spread negativity should just spread it elsewhere, haba. The thread is titled Liverpool F.C. FANS zone. So I don't know what all the haters are doing here. Go and start your own "Liverpool Haters" topic abeg. Nonsense and ingredients. I don't know why pple won't just L.L.A.!!!!

YNWA jare.
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by bgees(m): 11:35pm On Oct 03, 2010
pls ignore chic2pimp or whatever moronic username he goes by. He is just an internet troll who always wants to discuss everything.

Sack Roy btw.
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by maedan(f): 12:04am On Oct 04, 2010
bgees:

pls ignore chic2pimp or whatever moronic username he goes by. He is just an internet troll who always wants to discuss everything.

Sack Roy btw.

Lol, discuss ko, discourse ni. If so then there's CNN or BBC to do that.
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by mystikal(m): 2:40am On Oct 04, 2010
I don't envy Liverpool fans at this moment at all
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by RuuDie(m): 7:22am On Oct 04, 2010
My heartfelt sympathies to Roy Hodgson. . . . . . Rafa didn't do him any favors; he left a ship that would really take some doing to be stable again. The L'pool board are also not helping matters. To axe Roy would just be to compound the club's woes - not the thing to do at all.

But then again, for what Steven G did last season against Chelsea, i'll just say "SERVES 'EM BLOODY SCOUSERS RIGHT!"  grin
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by dayokanu(m): 7:54am On Oct 04, 2010
maedan:

Lol, discuss ko, discourse ni. If so then there's CNN or BBC to do that.

Why not Intercourse?
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by mystikal(m): 9:23pm On Oct 04, 2010
twisted mind
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by bgees(m): 5:32am On Oct 05, 2010
RuuDie:

My heartfelt sympathies to Roy Hodgson. . . . . . Rafa didn't do him any favors; he left a ship that would really take some doing to be stable again. The L'pool board are also not helping matters. To axe Roy would just be to compound the club's woes - not the thing to do at all.

But then again, for what Steven G did last season against Chelsea, i'll just say "SERVES 'EM BLOODY SCOUSERS RIGHT!"  grin

Rafa left a good team! what do u mean Rafa did not do him any favours? 11 players at the last World Cup. How is that not doing him any favours.

To axe Roy now might worsen things. Roy should not have been anywhere near Anfield.
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by illusion2: 6:38am On Oct 05, 2010
Sorry guys for stooping to the guy's level ,I was just angry. . .

[center][size=18pt]You'll Never Walk Alone[/size][/center]
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by manmustwac(m): 11:10am On Oct 05, 2010
DieHard liverpool fans i feel your pain. Remember we (spurs fans) were in the same position two seasons ago. I sometimes wonder are liverpool really third from bottom or is it just an illusion.
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by dipo2much(m): 11:48am On Oct 05, 2010
Keepin this thread open can only be addin salt to injury for l'pool supporters. I suggest the l'pool thread be closed until they can put together at least 3 straight wins the EPL. What s disgrace of a football club
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by maedan(f): 1:06pm On Oct 05, 2010
dipo2much:

Keepin this thread open can only be addin salt to injury for l'pool supporters. I suggest the l'pool thread be closed until they can put together at least 3 straight wins the EPL. What s disgrace of a football club

What a queer suggestion. The club is losing, not dead. As long as the club exists and players still turn up for games, it's a team worth supporting, win or no win. What a disgrace of a comment undecided.
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by duduspace(m): 2:25pm On Oct 05, 2010
I told y'all a while back that Rafa wasn't the problem, Liverpool has a systemic problem. Yorubas say If you don't accept Kadara (destiny), then you'll end up accepting kodoro (absolute failure). The difference between Arsenal and Liverpool is management and the inability of most football clubs to stick to a long term policy which might not necessarily get trophies in the short term but keep the club afloat.
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by illusion2: 2:35pm On Oct 05, 2010
duduspace:

I told y'all a while back that Rafa wasn't the problem, Liverpool has a systemic problem. Yorubas say If you don't accept Kadara (destiny), then you'll end up accepting kodoro (absolute failure). The difference between Arsenal and Liverpool is management and the inability of most football clubs to stick to a long term policy which might not necessarily get trophies in the short term but keep the club afloat.

Eh ! Chineke ** claps his hands multiple times like a bemused nigerian would** , Arsenal sef dey get mouth. Kai !

It is well. . . . . , . cry
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by dayokanu(m): 10:38pm On Oct 05, 2010
^^ Imagine a GAYYner sef get opinion?

How a sinle one-headed player can score 13 goals in 13 games vs 1 club is still amazing
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by ibdguy: 3:49am On Oct 06, 2010
The plot thickens at Liverpool, hope we are starting to see the very last throws of the diabolical helmsmanship of messrs Hicks and Gillette. Also all over Sky News for those die hard 'Pool fans who would like to follow the story as it unlfolds. Please Read: www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/anfield-at-war-as-americans-make-last-bid-to-keep-control-2098952.html
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by maedan(f): 7:07am On Oct 06, 2010
Yep, the drama unfolds. We hope the final choice will be the best for the club. We the fans have had enough abeg smiley.
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by Nobody: 8:48am On Oct 06, 2010
Has the club finally be sold now to owners of the american baseball team?
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by duduspace(m): 3:43pm On Oct 06, 2010
Q&A on the proposed Liverpool sale.

Liverpool are set to be sold to the owners of the Boston Red Sox but it is a far from straight forward deal that, frankly, has left most of us baffled.
Here is a handy guide to help you try and understand the complicated situation at Anfield:
Q. What is exactly going on at Liverpool?
A. The Liverpool board, led by independent chairman Martin Broughton, have accepted an offer in the region of £300million for the club from New England Sports Ventures, who own a portfolio of companies including the Boston Red Sox, New England Sports Network, Fenway Sports Group and Rousch Fenway Racing. Self-made multi-millionaire John W Henry, who made his fortune in hedge funds, is the man behind the bid.
Q. But current owners Tom Hick and George Gillett are against the decision to sell up - why?
A. The American duo feel that the offer does not meet their valuation and have taken legal action to try to overturn the board's decision. They have also tried to sack two members of the board, managing director Christian Purslow and commercial director Ian Ayre, and replace them with their own people. The club’s chairman Martin Broughton has now engaged lawyers to determine whether he and the non-owner directors have the power to sell the club against Hicks and Gillett’s wishes.
Q. But Hicks and Gillett paid £219million to buy the club back in 2007 – wouldn’t they make money if the takeover goes through?
A. No. When they bought the club it was funded entirely by a bank loan but the debt has since grown due to interest and other fees to £280million. They have also pumped £144.4million into Kop Holdings via a company registered in the Cayman Islands, which was in turn lent to Liverpool.
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by duduspace(m): 3:44pm On Oct 06, 2010
Q. So what would the duo be left with if the £300million takeover goes ahead?
A. Around £200million of the money would pay off the debts owed to Royal Bank of Scotland and Wachovia. RBS would be likely to leave around £30million of the debt as a credit facility for the new owners. Only after all the other creditors are paid would any cash go to Hicks and Gillett towards the £144.4million loan they put in. So effectively, the duo’s losses could amount to anything up to £100million if the deal goes through.
Q. It all seems such a mess – so what happens now?
A. Hicks and Gillett are desperately trying to block the board's right to agree a takeover. If they sack the board, then RBS would claim that puts the Americans in breach of their refinancing agreement signed in April. So it will now be settled in the courts. With an 15 October deadline looming for the RBS debt to be refinanced, the advantage seems to be with the prospective owners rather than Hicks and Gillett.
Q. What if Hicks and Gillett are successful in their bid to block the sale?
A. Even if Hicks and Gillett succeed then unless they have raised the money to pay off their debts by October 15, RBS will automatically assume control of the club, and almost certainly put Kop Holdings into administration and sell the club to New England Sports Ventures.

(1) (2) (3) ... (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) ... (100)

French Ligue 1, Spanish La Liga, Italian Serie A, Dutch Eredivisi And Bundesliga / UEFA Champions League Quarter Final Draw / UEFA Super Cup: Real Madrid Vs Manchester United (2 - 1) On 8th August 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.