Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,217 members, 7,839,138 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 02:19 PM

Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (96) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! (72057 Views)

Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (Go Down)

Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by illusion2: 6:18pm On Oct 06, 2010
I just don't trust them Americans. . , walahi we need a Russian or better still an Emirati grin
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by chamotex(m): 7:00pm On Oct 06, 2010
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by maedan(f): 7:12pm On Oct 06, 2010
Lol, @duduspace, small small you are coming out of the closet cheesy. Or are u waiting to see us win our next "silver" before u claim u'r a L'pool fan?
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by duduspace(m): 12:53pm On Oct 07, 2010
maedan:

Lol, @duduspace, small small you are coming out of the closet cheesy. Or are u waiting to see us win our next "silver" before u claim u'r a L'pool fan?

Closet ke? I stopped playing bojuboju a long time ago and only play Hide and seek in the bedroom to spice things up. I support the real Reds and they are based in London and not Anfield. If care is not taken, Liverpool is about to go the way of Nottingham Forest.
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by Nobody: 6:12pm On Oct 07, 2010
What is happening 2 d Original Reds? To Hell wiv Hicks & Gillette! The players need 2 stand up and put all this Board Room wahala behind 'em. Anyway YNWA
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by dyabman(m): 6:25pm On Oct 07, 2010
Liverpool is doomed
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by bgees(m): 12:47am On Oct 08, 2010
duduspace:

Closet ke? I stopped playing bojuboju a long time ago and only play Hide and seek in the bedroom to spice things up. I support the real Reds and they are based in London and not Anfield. If care is not taken, Liverpool is about to go the way of Nottingham Forest.

lol!! dis guy na ode. Arsenal are the real Reds now?
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by donald54: 12:49am On Oct 08, 2010
engr kunle, dont call him,
he is scam
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by hymen(f): 12:00pm On Oct 08, 2010
duduspace:

I support the real Reds and they are based in London and not Anfield. If care is not taken, Liverpool is about to go the way of Nottingham Forest.
Arsenal red ? undecided Closer to pink if you ask me tongue
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by dayokanu(m): 2:55pm On Oct 08, 2010
Do real reds go half a decade trophyless?

The reds we know have won the Champions league so how can anyone mention Arsenal as a red

The red of Bayern, Red of Manchester, Red of Anfield and Red of San siro have won.

The Failed club in North London too calls itself red? SMH
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by HNIC(m): 4:48pm On Oct 08, 2010
dayokanu:

Do real reds go half a decade trophyless?
If only you knew that, its been 4 seasons since 'Pool last won a trophy and if this season finishes without them picking a trophy, it will also be half a decade!
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by dayokanu(m): 6:14pm On Oct 08, 2010
Till then.

All reds we know have won Champions league

How can Assanal claim to be a red when they cant win Champions league
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by SUKKIE(m): 7:20pm On Oct 08, 2010
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by mykali(m): 7:53pm On Oct 08, 2010
I'm beginning to feel for 'Pool. flirting dangerously with relegation after 6 games.
I want them out of this mess just as any football lover does.
I can't but wonder if this is the same team that pulled off the Miracle of Istanbul
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by Nobody: 9:03pm On Oct 08, 2010
It's Kinda funny, We are 6 points away from UCL spot, 18th on the League table and we've played three of the title contenders. With 31 games left, I still believe we can prove our haterz wrong.
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by dayokanu(m): 4:07pm On Oct 12, 2010
Singaporean stockbroker Peter Lim has made a £320 million bid for Liverpool, and news of a further bid has emerged in the High Court.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=831612&sec=england&cc=5901
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by illusion2: 4:52pm On Oct 12, 2010
daralex007:

It's Kinda funny, We are 6 points away from UCL spot, 18th on the League table and we've played three of the title contenders. With 31 games left, I still believe we can prove our haterz wrong.
Solid and clear optimism from a real fan. . . well done bro.

dayokanu:

Singaporean stockbroker Peter Lim has made a £320 million bid for Liverpool, and news of a further bid has emerged in the High Court.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=831612&sec=england&cc=5901
I kinda prefer the Asian guy's bid,he's not going to borrow as much as those American cowboys wink
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by mukina2: 5:09pm On Oct 12, 2010
illusion you'll always walk alone  kiss grin
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by illusion2: 5:11pm On Oct 12, 2010
mukina2:

illusion you'll always walk alone kiss grin
angry angry angry
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by mukina2: 5:29pm On Oct 12, 2010
kiss kiss kiss kiss grin
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by A40(m): 7:58pm On Oct 12, 2010
My Liverpool compadres. Here is a song for you i hope it calms ya nerves

[flash=400,300]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvx6XhznaGY[/flash]
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by illusion2: 4:24pm On Oct 13, 2010
illusion2:

angry angry angry
sad kiss kiss
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by SUKKIE(m): 7:31pm On Oct 13, 2010
daralex007:

Boss man,I owe u a season ticket. grin grin

Happy days are here,we r ripping Everton into shreds dis weekend.

wa shere A40 ,fully mouthed u are!
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by Nobody: 7:39pm On Oct 13, 2010
GOOD NEWS

Liverpool takeover to go ahead as owners lose case

By ESPNsoccernet staff

October 13, 2010

* Comment
* Email
* Print

The High Court has ruled in favour of Royal Bank of Scotland and against Liverpool co-owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett, meaning the takeover agreed by the board with New England Sports Ventures (NESV) can go through as planned.

Liverpool fans gathered outside the High Court in protest

PA Photos

Liverpool fans gathered outside the High Court in protest

• NESV claim ''binding agreement''
• Raynor: New era beckons
• Reds await High Court ruling
• Kuyt sustains ankle blow
• Torres boost for Reds
• Forum: Derby predictions
• Gallery: Anfield ownership

Hicks and Gillett have been denied the right to appeal the decision at the High Court, though there is the possibility that they could apply to the Court of Appeal - the second highest court in the United Kingdom - though this appears unlikely.

Liverpool released a statement on their official website, which read: ''We are delighted that the court has clarified the issue of board composition and has removed the uncertainty around the sale process. We will now be consulting with our lawyers and planning for a board meeting tonight. A further statement will be made in due course.''

Chairman Martin Broughton would not confirm that NESV will be the new owners of the club, leaving open the possibility that Singaporean businessman Peter Lim may yet see his own £320 million offer accepted at Wednesday evening's board meeting. However, that remains very much an outside possibility as NESV have a legally binding agreement with the club.

Liverpool supporters will be jubilant after Mr Justice Floyd rejected applications by Hicks and Gillett for an injunction to halt sale negotiations until they had attended a board meeting and there be further discussions over any sale agreement.

"I am not prepared to grant any relief," he said. "If I did it would risk stopping the sale and purchase agreement going ahead."

Instead, at RBS's request, the judge imposed injunctions on the co-owners to reconstitute the board, meaning commercial director Ian Ayre, managing director Christian Purslow and Broughton can approve the sale of the club to NESV.

Hicks and Gillett have been denied a direct avenue of appeal, so the judgement appears to be a clear victory for RBS and the Liverpool board, led by Broughton. Mr Justice Floyd said it would be "inappropriate in the circumstances" to grant the Americans leave and that they would have to apply to the appeal court.

Keith Oliver of solicitors Peters & Peters, who are acting for the Americans, said: "We are obviously disappointed with the judge's decision. Mr Hicks and Mr Gillett will now be considering their next steps, and that will include whether to make an application to the Court of Appeal."

Speaking outside the court, Broughton said: "I am absolutely elated, it's a very important day for our club. This will clear the way for the sale, we will have a board meeting this evening and proceed with the sale. It has been an anxious time but we have been confident. But when you go to court you can ever be sure."

Regarding the sale to NESV, Broughton added: "The board has to be reconstituted and I can't prejudge what the board is going to say. It would be inappropriate to prejudge what the board may say.

"I want to thank the fans for their support through a difficult time. We hope to have the board meeting this evening. We will get the right owners for the fans. It was an excellent outcome and I will be very pleased when the process we came in to do is completed."

Asked for his opinion of Hicks and Gillett, Broughton added: "I'm disappointed they've acted in this way to try and breach the undertakings they gave me. I will be very pleased when the process is completed."

When a takeover is completed, RBS will recoup the £237 million owed to it by the club's holding company, preventing Liverpool from going into administration and possibly incurring a nine-point deduction.

They also issued a statement which read: ''Today's judgment vindicates the actions RBS has taken to ensure that decisions concerning the future of Liverpool Football Club are made by a properly constituted board acting in the club's best interests. RBS has every confidence that having been put on a proper footing, the board will now reach appropriate decisions regarding the next steps.''

On Tuesday, Richard Snowden QC, acting for RBS, accused the two American owners of "breathtaking arrogance" as the bank claimed the pair contradicted the rules of a sales agreement when trying to remove Ayre and Purslow from the board last week. Ayre and Purslow had joined Broughton in voting to approve the sale of the club to NESV.

Hicks and Gillett admitted the sales agreement was breached but argued they were forced to take that course of action because a "sub-committee" of the board excluded them from the sales agreement and did not consider alternative offers for the club.

Following Wednesday's judgement, Ayre and Purslow will remain on the reconstituted board and a takeover can be formally approved. Hicks and Gillett stand to lose £144 million from the sale of the club that they purchased in 2007.

John W Henry, who fronts NESV, greeted the news on Twitter by writing: "Well done Martin, Christian & Ian. Well done RBS. Well done supporters!"

A statement on Liverpool's website read: "We are delighted that the court has clarified the issue of board composition and has removed the uncertainty around the sale process. We will now be consulting with our lawyers and planning for a board meeting tonight. A further statement will be made in due course."

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=831953&sec=england&cc=5901
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by duduspace(m): 7:50pm On Oct 13, 2010
SUKKIE:

Boss man,I owe u a season ticket. grin grin

Happy days are here,we r ripping Everton into shreds dis weekend.

wa shere A40 ,fully mouthed u are!

I'm all for optimism but how are you so sure of this?
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by duduspace(m): 11:44pm On Oct 13, 2010
Not yet Uhuru, the liverpool saga rolls on.
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by illusion2: 3:12pm On Oct 14, 2010
The UK court will rule soon on the jurisdiction of the Texas court & then it'll be uhuru.

Tho' to be candid I honestly don't trust these Americans.
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by chic2pimp(m): 5:37pm On Oct 14, 2010
Dis One Nah Club? cheesy

YOU'LL FOREVER WALK ALONE!!!
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by Nobody: 12:03am On Oct 15, 2010
chic2pimp:

Dis One Nah Club? cheesy

YOU'LL FOREVER WALK ALONE!!!
Chai! Life don Spoil. Better Fans dey talk, AC Milan Glory Hunting supporter sef dey talk.
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by medjai(m): 10:18am On Oct 15, 2010
I dont know why the Liverpool board are hellbent on selling to NESV. There are other bidders willing to pay as much as £400m while NESV are only offering £300m. I dont blame TH and for fighting tooth and nail to protect their investment. If the sale to NESV goes ahead, TH and stand to lose £140m. That's a whole lot of money
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by daylae(m): 12:35pm On Oct 15, 2010
^^its not always about the highest bidder. Though peter lee and others proposed to pay higher,but is also good for the club to be in save hands. The larger package of NESV is quite good- like building a new stadium.

The saga will be over in few hours. Hope they meet the creditor's deadline,which is today 3pm.
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by daylae(m): 4:09pm On Oct 15, 2010
Hurray! The deal had just been completed. NESV is now the current owner of liverpool FC .

(1) (2) (3) ... (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99)

French Ligue 1, Spanish La Liga, Italian Serie A, Dutch Eredivisi And Bundesliga / UEFA Champions League Quarter Final Draw / UEFA Super Cup: Real Madrid Vs Manchester United (2 - 1) On 8th August 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.