Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,069 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:54 AM

Nigeria's Oil And Gas Reserves To Decline - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria's Oil And Gas Reserves To Decline (849 Views)

Nigeria’s Foreign Reserves Rise To $31.5 Billion / What Magic Did Buhari Perform For Foreign Reserves To Rise To $31.89bn? / Imo Has Over 7.8 Trillion Scf Gas Reserves (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria's Oil And Gas Reserves To Decline by Piyke: 3:40pm On May 25, 2012
Report predicts bleak future for Nigeria’s oil, gas reserves
Friday, 25 May 2012 00:00 By Sulaimon Salau Business Services - Business News

A NEW report published by the Business Monitor International has predicted a bleak future for Nigeria’s oil and gas reserve base. While the oil reserve has been estimated to peak at about 40.05 billion barrels in 2016, it will later decline to 27.90 billion barrels by 2021.

The 46 per cent decline may have been premised on the speculations that Nigeria’s oil and gas reserves will decline and may eventually dry up in the next 45 years.

However, the recent trend of investment in the industry due to uncertainty over the delayed Petroleum Industry Bill (PIB) may be postulating the same.[/center][center]

Read complete report here: http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=87137:report-predicts-bleak-future-for-nigerias-oil-gas-reserves&catid=31:business&Itemid=562

I hope our leaders take note of this and begin to diversify the economy. The UAE decided to transform dubai into a must-go in tourism in anticipation of when their reserves run out in 2016. I guess our leaders don't really conceive that we would ever run out of the black gold.

I believe it will first hit Nigeria when UAE runs out of oil and gas in 2016 as predicted. The good thing is they've built an alternative; tourism.

comments...

(1) (Reply)

B*R*E*A*K*I*N*G News! A Suicide Bomber In Bauchi / New Pay Coming For Policemen / Nigerian Fraudster Hijacked ID Of Soldiers/ Nurses To Open 725 Bank Ac In UK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.