Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,135 members, 7,845,778 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 02:04 AM

Developing A Business Idea - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Developing A Business Idea (9145 Views)

A Nairalander Developing A Brand In Painting. / I Have #20,000,000. I Need A Good Business Idea To Invest It / Is this Business Idea Worth Starting Up? (Car Dealer Site) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Developing A Business Idea by Don1Dee(m): 4:40pm On Feb 04, 2011
2ceSharp:

Hi Everyone,

Been away for quite a while.

Volume of work increased and i barely had time to do other things.

But i'm back.

And i've got something better this time,

Would you like to own your own business while still working a regular 8 to 5pm job?

Would you like the comfort of knowing that if anything happens in your industry/company and you're laid off, there's something you can fall on till you get something better?

Dont go too far. Stay hooked to this blog and we'll be discussing these and more from today on.
Welcome back.we've really missed u.
Re: Developing A Business Idea by hectorswag(m): 9:54pm On Feb 04, 2011
2cesharp,

pls i need some ready-made business plan on starting and running an advertisement and promotions company, i intend promoting and advertizing for up and coming
artistes, and would like a detailed and realistic business plan that
would help me out.

thanks.
Re: Developing A Business Idea by 2ceSharp(m): 11:18pm On Feb 06, 2011
Do you have any other source of income besides your salary?

Do you realise you are totally under the control of your employer if you have no other means of income and you have major emergencies?

Have you ever had it up to the proverbial 'here' and yet you couldn't do anything about it because you had no other income to fall on?

Have you ever thought of starting some business by the side but could not come up with any?

It means we need to start talking.

And God helping us, that we will. I want to start with a helping you see the need for an income by the side.

You may say, i know i need to have another source of income by the side. But the true measure of knowledge is what you have done with that knowledge.
So if right now, you still have not started a business and you claim to know you ought to have one, then we can say you really dont think you should.

So when next we meet, i'll give you ten reasons, you need to start earning something on the side now that will jolt you out of your bones and get you started on seeking another source of income.

Till then, stay ok.
Re: Developing A Business Idea by 2ceSharp(m): 10:24pm On Feb 08, 2011
hello everyone,

As discussed, here are ten reasons you need to have another income stream.

1. Stuff happens. I'm not talking of even car accidents now. it could just be an elderly member of the family diagnosed with cancer or some other critical illness. These things happen and often require large amounts of money and your salary will just be insufficient to carry the cost.

2. Job insecurity. Before we talk of job security but now its no more true cos our universities are churning out first class and 2.1 graduates faster than you can find a new job. And thats at least 10 people willing to do your job for less than you are being paid now. what's keeping you on your job is the fact that your employer hasn't tried looking, !

3. Employer Domination. Because your employer pays your salary and knows you have no other income, they tend to want to dictate your life. they ask you to come to work at odd hours and days. I've found that employer typically are more respectful of their staff members that are wealthy and do not depend on the salary they are paid.

4. Relaxation? too expensive. The reason the average nigerian doesn't vacation is the cost. its too expensive to really travel to ideal holiday vacations. Frankly, they are not expensive, you're just not earning enough to afford them.

5. Children, someday. Children cost a lot. Ask your parents. You can't feed your family on just one income source, i can assure you.

6. Money while you sleep. For most of us, the bulk of our money comes while we're awake and at work. Really rich people make money while sleeping from having businesses that do not require their constant involvement/participation/attention to do well. Beyonce makes so much from CD sales, which do not require her attention. Same with Dangote and Otedola, they make money from you and I driving to their filling stations at night, buying a Dansa fruit juice while going home stuck in traffic. We drink, they earn. We fuel, they earn, we listen to music, they earn. What is working for you while you sleep?

7. One more secret from the wealthy. Do you really think you can become rich working for someone? You can never be richer than the person you work for. No employer can pay you more than he pays himself. The only way to assure yourself of constant promotion and better pay is to work for yourself or at least do something that works for you.

8. Trends are changing. Certain industries are becoming less important in our time. In the next few years, it could be an industry you're in or you have some interest in. So you need to have your hand in many pies.

9. God says so. If you believe in the bible, then read Ecclesiastes 11 from verse 1 to 2. It says "Cast your bread upon the waters, for after many days you will find it again. Give portions to seven, yes to eight, for you do not know what disaster may come upon the land." And he doesn't suggest just one or two, he says 7 or 8. In the book of beginnings, the first mention of a river that nourishes a garden tells us the river has four tributaries, meaning the garden needs to be nourished on all sides.

10. Because you really do need it. Seriously, you really need to have another stream of income so you can spend your money the way you want.

Do you have more reasons? Let's discuss further.

cheers
Re: Developing A Business Idea by FunmyKemmy(f): 12:14pm On May 04, 2011
@ 2ceSharp

How far? Give us update(s).
Re: Developing A Business Idea by Deji35: 1:39pm On Nov 14, 2011
2ce, u're too much.
I need a help. I want to start up a barber shop/beauty salon. What do u think I really need?
Re: Developing A Business Idea by mmaobohia(f): 2:17pm On Dec 08, 2011
Hello All, I am looking for a Transport or fleet management company to lease my car to - say a bus or sienna for transport etc for a monthly fee in return. Pls send response.

MMA OBOHIA

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

List Of Top Entrepreneur And Business Blogs In Nigeria / Contemporary 2bedroom Bungalow Architectural Design / Where Can I Get Brown Custom Paper Bags & Custom Serviettes For A Food Business?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.