Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,711 members, 7,816,917 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:12 PM

Has This Incidence Occur To Anyone? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Has This Incidence Occur To Anyone? (3898 Views)

Watch Out! Three Events That Must Occur Before The Antichrist Appears On Earth. / Have You Taken Note Of The Co-incidence Of Life / Co-incidence Of Life I Just Discovered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Has This Incidence Occur To Anyone? by Purist(m): 8:36pm On May 30, 2012
Image123:
well, you are doing a good job troubleshooting, but i want to assure you that i have gone through the bolded, many times and did not for once have sleep paralysis. Not even by chance or mistake. Try harder, this is jetage?

Maybe you missed the part that said, "Up to as many as four out of every 10 people may have sleep paralysis". Meaning, not everyone experiences it, and for those that do, it does not depend on whether they believe in Jesus or not.

Personally, I experienced it only a few times as a kid and I haven't had it ever since. I never prayed about it, I didn't go to no church, I didn't call on no Jesus. It simply stopped.

To be honest, it was here on Nairaland that I first got to "learn" that sleep paralysis is a "spiritual attack".
Re: Has This Incidence Occur To Anyone? by Ptolomeus(m): 9:12pm On May 30, 2012
DHead: Sincerely, it is common but I tel u, most of d time it's a kind of demonic attak n all u nid do is to PRAY n cova ursef wit d BLOOD OF JESUS n it wil stop. Jst try it.
You should be responsible. You are playing with something very serious is the life of a human being.
The condition that explains this person should be treated by a doctor.
The medicine has the means to improve the patient.
Invoking Jesus say that this disease is something demonic, in many countries are condemned to prison, because it is diverting medical action. That is against the law, and can kill a person!
Are you an irresponsible!
Incredibly, some critics Ianos crist practices traditional religions, and are not doing anything different.
Invoking God and not go to the doctor is simply a cheap witchcraft.
Re: Has This Incidence Occur To Anyone? by Ptolomeus(m): 9:23pm On May 30, 2012
Image123:
You need exposure you know, i know many places where multitudes will also be imagining that someone claims sleep paralysis is physical. BTW, there is no 'known' cure yet, no? Jesus Christ is not the cure for any sickness as it were. Jesus Christ cures sicknesses, all. You don't know Him, neither have you ever tried Him, yet you claim like you know Him than we all do.

I rarely read anything so paranoid.
I insist. Critics of the traditional religion that supposedly cured with chants and herbs ... say it is witchcraft ... ok.
I do not think going to the doctor, and call on Jesus as the only means of cure is WITCHCRAFT.
What nonsense I have to read here!
Come on, sacrifice a lamb to the LORD! cures you of AIDS and it rains ...
Fools production is increasing lately.
Re: Has This Incidence Occur To Anyone? by logicboy: 9:36pm On May 30, 2012
Image123:
You need exposure you know, i know many places where multitudes will also be imagining that someone claims sleep paralysis is physical. BTW, there is no 'known' cure yet, no? Jesus Christ is not the cure for any sickness as it were. Jesus Christ cures sicknesses, all. You don't know Him, neither have you ever tried Him, yet you claim like you know Him than we all do.

You are a fraud. I wish you try this in a developed country where you'd be arrested for evading medical treatment. Ptolomeus got your number
Re: Has This Incidence Occur To Anyone? by Image123(m): 10:22pm On May 30, 2012
jayriginal:

Jet age ?

The more reason you should free yourself of superstition. Sleep paralysis does not affect everybody. If you have never had it, its no evidence of Jesus. A lot of non believers have never had it either.

Also, you went through the "bolded". I noticed you listed "certain medications" as one of those you've been through. Without the author being specific, how would you know which medications he was talking about ?

Oh and just so you know, sleep paralysis cuts across cultures. Its not a Nigerian or African thing. Go figure!

and who said its a nigerian or african thing. Too much time playing at game center makes you to think that Christians are only found in nigeria and africa ba? Grow up, and stop having fantasies that devil only operates in nigeria.
plus I didn't say or suppose that i've never had 'sleep paralysis', you need to learn how to read.
Re: Has This Incidence Occur To Anyone? by Image123(m): 10:29pm On May 30, 2012
Purist:

Maybe you missed the part that said, "Up to as many as four out of every 10 people may have sleep paralysis". Meaning, not everyone experiences it, and for those that do, it does not depend on whether they believe in Jesus or not.

Personally, I experienced it only a few times as a kid and I haven't had it ever since. I never prayed about it, I didn't go to no church, I didn't call on no Jesus. It simply stopped.

To be honest, it was here on Nairaland that I first got to "learn" that sleep paralysis is a "spiritual attack".
Did you have to grow up in that same environment you experienced it as a kido?
Re: Has This Incidence Occur To Anyone? by Image123(m): 10:35pm On May 30, 2012
logicboy:

You are a fraud. I wish you try this in a developed country where you'd be arrested for evading medical treatment. Ptolomeus got your number
ehyah, your senior brother had to help you out. I said you need more exposure, not you need a foreigner senior brother who doesn't have an idea of what he's writing.
Re: Has This Incidence Occur To Anyone? by jayriginal: 11:08pm On May 30, 2012
Image123:
and who said its a nigerian or african thing. Too much time playing at game center makes you to think that Christians are only found in nigeria and africa ba? Grow up, and stop having fantasies that devil only operates in nigeria.

Game center ?
Shows the depth of your mind.
Image123:
plus I didn't say or suppose that i've never had 'sleep paralysis', you need to learn how to read.

Since you know how to read, please quote where I said that christians are only found in Nigeria and Africa.
While we are reading,
Image123:
i can never experience it, and I'm sure you know why.

Image123:
you do yourself a disservice. i have no such useless unique experiences, Jesus took care of them for moi, jealous.

Image123:
well, you are doing a good job troubleshooting, but i want to assure you that i have gone through the bolded, many times and did not for once have sleep paralysis. Not even by chance or mistake.
Re: Has This Incidence Occur To Anyone? by logicboy: 12:06am On May 31, 2012
Image123:
ehyah, your senior brother had to help you out. I said you need more exposure, not you need a foreigner senior brother who doesn't have an idea of what he's writing.

Wow, look at the fraud talking! The doofus who thinks that sleep paralysis (who just learnt what it really is) is cured by Jesus, is telling me that I need exposure.

Wonders shall never end....
Re: Has This Incidence Occur To Anyone? by Purist(m): 1:59am On May 31, 2012
Image123:
Did you have to grow up in that same environment you experienced it as a kido?

Yes. Was born, lived and grew up in the very same environment.
Re: Has This Incidence Occur To Anyone? by Nobody: 10:53am On May 31, 2012
achmed1: I do xperience dis a lot ,though it has reduces significantly of recent. I even told my parents about it and have been xperiencing it sinc i was a kid.

As you said it happens at night, in d middle of my sleep i feel some level of consciousness and desire to get up, but i just cant .....its like am struggling to stand up but i cant ,like am paralysed.
When dis happens i begin to call unto the name of God continuesly and then suddenly am released from its grip, i wake up looking like a just got up from a bad dream.

Used to think it was spiritual attack, it is always scary.
dude, the devil is tormenting you, pray against him and he will free from you! Don't believe all what those guys are saying..
Pray against it!
Re: Has This Incidence Occur To Anyone? by LogicMind: 11:02am On May 31, 2012
handsomeness:
dude, the devil is tormenting you, pray against him and he will free from you! Don't believe all what those guys are saying..
Pray against it!

i like fighting the devil in my dreams.

shyt. my mind is really messed up. fvck u jesus.
Re: Has This Incidence Occur To Anyone? by Image123(m): 12:37pm On May 31, 2012
Purist:

Yes. Was born, lived and grew up in the very same environment.
you still live there?
Re: Has This Incidence Occur To Anyone? by Nobody: 1:36pm On May 31, 2012
Logic Mind:

i like fighting the devil in my dreams.

shyt. my mind is really messed up. fvck u jesus.
May the Lord have mercy on you.
Re: Has This Incidence Occur To Anyone? by LogicMind: 2:33pm On May 31, 2012
handsomeness: May the Lord have mercy on you.

amen.

got to go find me a virgin. it is pleasing to the lord.
Re: Has This Incidence Occur To Anyone? by Purist(m): 2:37pm On May 31, 2012
Image123:
you still live there?

No, I moved only less than 2 years ago. What's your point?
Re: Has This Incidence Occur To Anyone? by Image123(m): 3:21pm On May 31, 2012
Purist:

No, I moved only less than 2 years ago. What's your point?
I'm also troubleshooting in a sense. how many years ago since you last experienced sleep paralysis?
Re: Has This Incidence Occur To Anyone? by Purist(m): 4:00pm On May 31, 2012
Image123:
I'm also troubleshooting in a sense. how many years ago since you last experienced sleep paralysis?

Okay, this is becoming pointless. You desperately want to fit in "spirituality" in order to validate your bias. The sooner you accept that sleep paralysis is perfectly natural and has nothing to do with spirits or demons, the better for you.
Re: Has This Incidence Occur To Anyone? by Nobody: 5:02pm On May 31, 2012
Image123:
I thought you troubleshoot by faith..
Re: Has This Incidence Occur To Anyone? by Image123(m): 9:52pm On May 31, 2012
Purist:

Okay, this is becoming pointless. You desperately want to fit in "spirituality" in order to validate your bias. The sooner you accept that sleep paralysis is perfectly natural and has nothing to do with spirits or demons, the better for you.
answer the question, how many years ago since you last experienced sleep paralysis?
Re: Has This Incidence Occur To Anyone? by Image123(m): 9:56pm On May 31, 2012
musKeeto:
I thought you troubleshoot by faith..
think smarter next time then.
Re: Has This Incidence Occur To Anyone? by adetunrayo(f): 4:46pm On Jun 01, 2012
u simply need to pray against it. it's d devil at work. fast and pray and see how Jesus would send them parking.Never mind those thinking it's physical.
Re: Has This Incidence Occur To Anyone? by logicboy: 4:49pm On Jun 01, 2012
adetunrayo: u simply need to pray against it. it's d devil at work. fast and pray and see how Jesus would send them parking.Never mind those thinking it's physical.

Sharaap. angry angry angry

You people and your fake faith healing.

The guy has sleeping problems and should meet someone medical who can advise him on changing his sleep routines or habits.
Re: Has This Incidence Occur To Anyone? by frank317: 5:08pm On Jun 01, 2012
i used to experience it a long time ago, that was when i used to be a deep sleeper and i also used to face up while sleeping. infact i always used to experience it when ever i face up while sleeping. but it stopped when i started controlling my sleeping position and it totally dissapeared.
Re: Has This Incidence Occur To Anyone? by Image123(m): 7:09pm On Jun 01, 2012
purist
Re: Has This Incidence Occur To Anyone? by Image123(m): 10:52pm On Jun 01, 2012
@jayriginal
Since you know how to read, please quote where I said that christians are only found in Nigeria and Africa.
i didn't say that you said so, i said "you think that Christians are only found in nigeria and africa ba?"

And Yes, I didn't say or suppose that i've never had 'sleep paralysis', you need to learn how to read.
i tried putting myself in your shoes and re-reading my posts on this thread to see if i had been equivocal as to make you think so. in all fairness, you should take what i say in the full context of my other posts, at least all my other posts on the thread. posts like i can never experience it, and I'm sure you know why..i believe this sentence to be different from "i have never experience it, and I'm sure you know why."
i have no such useless unique experiences, Jesus took care of them for moi, jealous.is different in meaning from "i have never had such useless unique experiences, Jesus took care of them for moi, jealous." Notice also the JESUS TOOK CARE OF THEM part.
i also said Jesus makes that 'paralysis' flee since forever. Your gods are late.. Meaning Jesus can make you never to have it again.
Where i've seen sounds ambiguous is "well, you are doing a good job troubleshooting, but i want to assure you that i have gone through the bolded, many times and did not for once have sleep paralysis. Not even by chance or mistake. Try harder, this is jetage?". What i meant here in context was the present, not the past. That is, that i've formerly experienced it until Jesus took it away. AFTER THIS, i've been through a lack of sleep,
a sleep schedule that changes
mental conditions such as stress
sleeping on the back
use of certain medications
, ALL these conditions except the last SEVERALLY, without for once having sleep paralysis. Not even by chance or mistake.
Re: Has This Incidence Occur To Anyone? by jayriginal: 3:00pm On Jun 03, 2012
^^ More word games eh ?

You are the one in need of reading lessons.

Your quotes are clear. No amount of revision will help you out.
Re: Has This Incidence Occur To Anyone? by Nobody: 3:05pm On Jun 03, 2012
jayriginal: ^^ More word games eh ?
U dey mind the educated idiot? Na here im show im smelly english... mscheew...
Re: Has This Incidence Occur To Anyone? by jayriginal: 3:06pm On Jun 03, 2012
musKeeto:
U dey mind the educated idiot? Na here im show im smelly english... mscheew...
grin
Re: Has This Incidence Occur To Anyone? by jayriginal: 9:53pm On Jun 13, 2012
This issue discussed as far back as 2006

https://www.nairaland.com/22805/slept-ghost#599206
Re: Has This Incidence Occur To Anyone? by Image123(m): 11:52pm On Jun 13, 2012
^good for you. hope you also read the other posts and experiences in the link so similar to what i have said?
Re: Has This Incidence Occur To Anyone? by Areaboy2(m): 12:10am On Jun 14, 2012
sophy09: Has this incident ever occur to anyone whereby at midnight (mostly around 2,3 or 4) while sleeping you feel something or someone either choking the life out of you or pressing you down. You struggle most times to breathe and when you wake up, you don't see anything/anyone.

yep. happens to me quite a few times mostly when i'm really exhausted. I really felt something was wrong with me. even back when i still went to church, I could hear myself saying the name Jesus cause i felt it was some demonic spirit holding me down.

I feel awake and want to get up but cant move.

Well, after much research I found out about sleep paralysis. Now i look back, I feel stupid thinking it was some demon of some sort! lol

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nasa-“we’ve Found Proof Of God’s Existence” / The Bible Is The Most Contradicting And Confusing Book Ever. / Where Did Christians Fetch These Doctrines From

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.