Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,842 members, 7,844,719 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 06:39 AM

Oyedepo Slaps-Giving: Court Urged To Dismiss Case - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Oyedepo Slaps-Giving: Court Urged To Dismiss Case (12093 Views)

Wives Of Pastors Urged To Satisfy Husbands In Bed / Britons Oppose Oyedepo's School Over "Slaps-Giving" Video / Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oyedepo Slaps-Giving: Court Urged To Dismiss Case by cecs(m): 6:01pm On May 26, 2012
neksummi: I beg make them leave the man of God alone joor! They should look for money elsewhere.
......you A̶̲̥̅̊я̲̣̥ε̲̣̣̣̥ mad for sayin dat we're on earht hav seen a man of god slapn a church member because of what *witch* So him can identify witch in his church stupid man calling him slf man of god.....man of god indeed
Re: Oyedepo Slaps-Giving: Court Urged To Dismiss Case by thehomer: 7:33pm On May 26, 2012
Prestonvic: Point of correction: Oyedepo slapped a witch not a girl!
Pls ask any true muslim hw he will feel when someone insult prophet mohammed in his presence? If i am OYEDEPO‘s lawyer i would say that slap is one of the strategies used by my client to cast out stubborn spirits like witchcrafts. If the witch knew she won‘t abide by it then why did she go to the church? CASE CLOSE!

You are an example of the problems with Nigeria. He slapped a witch not a girl? How do we know that you're not a witch? If I slap you and claim you're a witch, should I be allowed to go without punishment?
Are you unable to understand that the law doesn't allow people battering others?

2 Likes

Re: Oyedepo Slaps-Giving: Court Urged To Dismiss Case by stag: 8:00pm On May 26, 2012
Smh @ these dogmatized bunch.

Indoctrinated into loosing their minds. The types an evil pastor will rrape their wives and say its a spirit and fall down to worship him "yes pastor"

Is this level of ignorance caused by poverty too?
Re: Oyedepo Slaps-Giving: Court Urged To Dismiss Case by juventino: 9:07pm On May 26, 2012
4good: Many of you writing against the man of God know nothing about the things of the Spirit. The girl received a holy Ghost Inspired Reaction for lieing. Can't you all see what follows.

How can you sue your own Pastor?

[b]And sense people are busy making sensible comments about issues not in the realm of senses. IF THE GIRL IS A CHURCH MEMBER IN-DEED SHE WOULD HAVE TOLD THE SON OF PERDITION (WHOSE PROFESSION WILL DEFINITELY MAKE HIM TO KNOW GOD IN THE HARD WAY), the Human right Lawyer, ( to mind his business.

It is simply a battle between the flesh and the spirit.

How I wish God will open your eyes and hearts and see spiritual things.

Greater is HE that is in US than he that is in the world. The Bishop has won the case already before the case was even brought to the court.

I know the Bishop never meant to ASSAULT that girl like many of us are emphasizing here. And his action of slapping is greatly in order. EXCEPT IF YOU CAN JUDGE GOD, THEN YOU CAN JUDGE HIS SERVANTS.

My advice to us all: Instead of snaring our destinies by our mouth comments we should watch the Living God defend Himself. I know the truth always triumph over falsehood come what may[/b]

Oloshi, I think it is better not to reply your post, doing that would make me place a curse on your papa, mama, and your generation! Thunder will strike ya mouth and ........... lipsrsealed
Re: Oyedepo Slaps-Giving: Court Urged To Dismiss Case by stag: 5:08am On May 27, 2012
^^ undecided
Re: Oyedepo Slaps-Giving: Court Urged To Dismiss Case by thefunclubenterprise(m): 4:07pm On May 27, 2012
ebamma: it baffles me that lawyers are arguing that slapping someone is not punishable in our constitution,isn't slap giving assault?,the gurl should have sued for more money than that cos it is both physical and spiritual assault.

How many previous cases of slaps have been reported to court??
My teachers slapped me!
I grew up being slapped by my dad!,my mum!,my siblings!.
Police has slapped me!!
and I have seen a lot of slapsss everywhere in this country!....brutality worse than slaps!!
How many have been reported to the police let alone taken up by human rights activist!!

This is a big example of people who wants to bring his ministry down!!
I don't attend his church, but I'm a good christain and I sure know spirituality and logic don't go!!..in anything if u care to argue pls do!,no religion can u apply logic to that a question mark won't arise!
What the man did is a spiritual thing!
He can be tried!, even prosecuted, yes!,but ask urself how many cases have been treated like this?? If the girls isn't a witch or a betrayer why fight against ur leader!, why did she come out when he said witches should come out?
I know fegurson man u's coach once slapped a player, an international scene!, why wasn't he prosecuted.
Men I rest my case jor!....I see a lot of haters here!
if slapping is punishable in africa we should all be in jail!!
I have slapped people brutally and I have been slapped .....plss arrest me after this young man of God!....rubbish!
Re: Oyedepo Slaps-Giving: Court Urged To Dismiss Case by NigerianPatriot(m): 4:08pm On May 27, 2012
Woe to those who mistreat young children. Woe to liars. Woe to the proud. Woe to those who corrupt the religion of Christ. Amen.
Re: Oyedepo Slaps-Giving: Court Urged To Dismiss Case by thefunclubenterprise(m): 4:10pm On May 27, 2012
cecs: ......you A̶̲̥̅̊я̲̣̥ε̲̣̣̣̥ mad for sayin dat we're on earht hav seen a man of god slapn a church member because of what *witch* So him can identify witch in his church stupid man calling him slf man of god.....man of god indeed

Why is the issue paining u?...why are u taking it personal?
Re: Oyedepo Slaps-Giving: Court Urged To Dismiss Case by thefunclubenterprise(m): 4:23pm On May 27, 2012
If mr human rights activist is so concerned abt human brutality, he wil not sleep in 9ja!...he should go out and see d children hawking daily! Being beaten and raped!, d police and poor masses and lots more!!

I'm not saying slapping is right!,
But cmon! U and I know he didn't mean it as an assault!..u re just trying to be impossible

In spiritual sense there are a lot of things not normal to the ears.........sm1 once questioned a big pastors mode of healing and I asked him have u read d bible where jesus mixed spit and sand to heal sm1 of blindness??
Religion is full of things above the normal!....dats y its called supernatural so yes I bliv a slapp can be used to torment a demon from a girl!....in my village dose traditional worshippers beat witches wit broom stick....so what are we not saying??
I know most of u commenting against him are not Christians.
Re: Oyedepo Slaps-Giving: Court Urged To Dismiss Case by thefunclubenterprise(m): 4:23pm On May 27, 2012
cecs: ......you A̶̲̥̅̊я̲̣̥ε̲̣̣̣̥ mad for sayin dat we're on earht hav seen a man of god slapn a church member because of what *witch* So him can identify witch in his church stupid man calling him slf man of god.....man of god indeed

Why is the issue paining u?...why are u taking it personal?
Re: Oyedepo Slaps-Giving: Court Urged To Dismiss Case by thefunclubenterprise(m): 4:25pm On May 27, 2012
Re: Oyedepo Slaps-Giving: Court Urged To Dismiss Case by thefunclubenterprise(m): 4:28pm On May 27, 2012
If mr human rights activist is so concerned abt human brutality, he wil not sleep in 9ja!...he should go out and see d children hawking daily! Being beaten and raped!, d police and poor masses and lots more!!

But cmon! U and I know he didn't mean it as an assault!..u re just trying to be impossible

In spiritual sense there are a lot of things not normal to the ears.........sm1 once questioned a big pastors mode of healing and I asked him have u read d bible where jesus mixed spit and sand to heal sm1 of blindness??
Religion is full of things above the normal!....dats y its called supernatural so yes I bliv a slapp can be used to torment a demon from a girl!....in my village dose traditional worshippers beat witches wit broom stick....so what are we not saying??
Re: Oyedepo Slaps-Giving: Court Urged To Dismiss Case by logicboy: 8:35pm On May 27, 2012
the funclub enterprise: If mr human rights activist is so concerned abt human brutality, he wil not sleep in 9ja!...he should go out and see d children hawking daily! Being beaten and raped!, d police and poor masses and lots more!!

You are what is wrong with Nigeria today. People cheat you of your human rights and you accept it like a slave because a Jewish religion called christianity.

Something is not validated just because it is done in the name of religion. You would be the first to start shouting that it is wrong if a juju man is casting out a demon by slapping a young girl.

Furthermore, demons/wutches do not exist. Stop believing in fairytales
Re: Oyedepo Slaps-Giving: Court Urged To Dismiss Case by Ubenedictus(m): 9:12pm On May 27, 2012
the funclub enterprise:

How many previous cases of slaps have been reported to court??
My teachers slapped me!
I grew up being slapped by my dad!,my mum!,my siblings!.
Police has slapped me!!
and I have seen a lot of slapsss everywhere in this country!....brutality worse than slaps!!
How many have been reported to the police let alone taken up by human rights activist!!

This is a big example of people who wants to bring his ministry down!!
I don't attend his church, but I'm a good christain and I sure know spirituality and logic don't go!!..in anything if u care to argue pls do!,no religion can u apply logic to that a question mark won't arise!
What the man did is a spiritual thing!
He can be tried!, even prosecuted, yes!,but ask urself how many cases have been treated like this?? If the girls isn't a witch or a betrayer why fight against ur leader!, why did she come out when he said witches should come out?
I know fegurson man u's coach once slapped a player, an international scene!, why wasn't he prosecuted.
Men I rest my case jor!....I see a lot of haters here!
if slapping is punishable in africa we should all be in jail!!
I have slapped people brutally and I have been slapped .....plss arrest me after this young man of God!....rubbish!
the fact that you have been slaped is not a reason to be a slap advocate. Anything that is evil should be fought, the fact that it has happened to you is not an excuse
Re: Oyedepo Slaps-Giving: Court Urged To Dismiss Case by Nobody: 10:09pm On May 27, 2012
if this so called lawyer is not being carefull, he is going to loose his life and everytin he has. Its as if he doesn't knw who he is dealing with. I bet you! Whoever u are ?you are d next witch to be slapped because it is our ministry to slap. If you are opportuned, go ask the ota witches to tell you their experience that is if they are still alive. Try the God of this commission and see.
Re: Oyedepo Slaps-Giving: Court Urged To Dismiss Case by logicboy: 10:12pm On May 27, 2012
Linmax: if this so called lawyer is not being carefull, he is going to loose his life and everytin he has. Its as if he doesn't knw who he is dealing with. I bet you! Whoever u are ?you are d next witch to be slapped because it is our ministry to slap. If you are opportuned, go ask the ota witches to tell you their experience that is if they are still alive. Try the God of this commission and see.

Does your christianity tell you to kill people for doing their job? Are you any different from Boko Haraam?
Re: Oyedepo Slaps-Giving: Court Urged To Dismiss Case by ayomidefalaye(m): 10:48pm On May 27, 2012
Oyedepo the method of your deliverance is questionable including Jr calling u are not a true man of god
Re: Oyedepo Slaps-Giving: Court Urged To Dismiss Case by tug(m): 12:24am On May 28, 2012
I wonder why there's somuch fools with dead brains on nairaland, no wonder you guys are poor and retarded for life. You open your stinking nmouth to say shit about the holy spirit and to your creator...as if the ones you said about the bishop is not anough...GOD will in his anger fall on all who's saying rubish about this matter. May GOD VISIT ALL OF YOU. Goats!!!!!...
Re: Oyedepo Slaps-Giving: Court Urged To Dismiss Case by logicboy: 12:27am On May 28, 2012
tug: I wonder why there's somuch fools with dead brains on nairaland, no wonder you guys are poor and retarded for life. You open your stinking nmouth to say shit about the holy spirit and to your creator...as if the ones you said about the bishop is not anough...GOD will in his anger fall on all who's saying rubish about this matter. May GOD VISIT ALL OF YOU. Goats!!!!!...

Yes, God should harm people. This is what Christianity teaches!

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo Slaps-Giving: Court Urged To Dismiss Case by dasparrow: 2:20am On May 28, 2012
All I can say is that when Jesus walked the face of the earth, He did not slap people to cast out demons. Even in the temple, He used whips to chase the money changers out but did not use the whips on their body. Alot of Nigerians are very violent in nature. I just don't know why. Assault is the order of the day in Nigeria and the people see nothing wrong with that. And then you wonder why violent boko haram emerged.

If Pastor Oyedepo tried slapping someone in America or Europe, you best believe he will have to go to jail for assault. You can't try that in western advanced nations. Those calling Oyedepo a man of God, how do you know this? Is it because he pastors a mega church? In the book of Samuel, God chose Saul to be the king of Israel and the Spirit of the Lord God came upon him. However, after Saul disobeyed God, the Spirit of the Lord God left him and descended upon David who became the new chosen king of Israel.

So how are we so sure that the Spirit of God Almighty is still with Oyedepo? Also, Proverbs 8:13 says that the Lord God HATES pride and boasting, evil lives and hurtful words. Why did Oyedepo go boasting after he slapped the girl? Can he slap a politician's child? Can he slap a governor who uttered the same words the young girl uttered?

Nigerians stop worshipping your pastors. I can't emphasize this enough. Read your bible and allow the Holy Spirit to minister to you. We are in the last days and Jesus warned that many false prophets(or pastors) will spring up and deceive many. Do not be deceived. Be prepared for Christ is coming back soon. Worship Christ Jesus in Spirit and in truth and not your pastor who is a mere mortal saved by Grace just like the rest of us. Finally, love the Lord your God will all your heart, all your might and all your strength. Be the salt and light of the world Jesus has called you to be and stop applauding violence be it from a pastor or anyone else. Shalom!

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo Slaps-Giving: Court Urged To Dismiss Case by PA1982(f): 8:07am On May 28, 2012
the funclub enterprise: If mr human rights activist is so concerned abt human brutality, he wil not sleep in 9ja!...he should go out and see d children hawking daily! Being beaten and raped!, d police and poor masses and lots more!!

I and my family were 'cursed' here at Nairaland for my having mocked this foolish Oyedepo's claim to bring the lord's wrath upon BH.
Said 'curse' was going to work upon us within a week.
That was in January, as I recall.

Anyway.
I've watched the video.
I think most of us have.
A paunchy man staggers across a stage with slurred speech and slaps a young woman.
And later boasts about it.

After seeing such a disgusting display I wonder how many men justified hitting women by crying 'witch'?
Other countries grew out of this cruel nonsense a long time ago.
Shame on Oyedepo for propagating superstition.
Re: Oyedepo Slaps-Giving: Court Urged To Dismiss Case by collins2gee(m): 9:52am On May 28, 2012
You slap one and tell them all that they are " FREE TO GO AND PERISH " HABA !! Bishop, you are human after all. Abeg, pray to God for forgiveness for that Freudian slip !
Re: Oyedepo Slaps-Giving: Court Urged To Dismiss Case by walex2(m): 11:03am On May 28, 2012
Cheg-goon:
That Lawer head no correct......if na him wife abi na him mama "OLEDEPO" slap him go say me court dismiss the case....
If Bishop Oledepo is found guilty....he shoul b jail or pay for the penalty....
This n.o.n.s.e.n.s.e should stop..
you are the most stuppppppppppppppppppppppid idiot i av ever seeing or heard of.

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo Slaps-Giving: Court Urged To Dismiss Case by Prestonvic(m): 11:41am On May 28, 2012
thehomer:

You are an example of the problems with Nigeria. He slapped a witch not a girl? How do we know that you're not a witch? If I slap you and claim you're a witch, should I be allowed to go without punishment?
Are you unable to understand that the law doesn't allow people battering others?

He did not claim that anyone is a witch but he called those who are witches to come out and the witch went out on her own.

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo Slaps-Giving: Court Urged To Dismiss Case by Nobody: 12:05pm On May 28, 2012
Who can wrestle with the Lord?
Re: Oyedepo Slaps-Giving: Court Urged To Dismiss Case by thefunclubenterprise(m): 3:10pm On May 28, 2012
logicboy:

You are what is wrong with Nigeria today. People cheat you of your human rights and you accept it like a slave because a Jewish religion called christianity.

Something is not validated just because it is done in the name of religion. You would be the first to start shouting that it is wrong if a juju man is casting out a demon by slapping a young girl.

Furthermore, demons/wutches do not exist. Stop believing in fairytales

I pity u if u still don't believe in the supernatural
Cos my friend there is something above the normal in this world......and I won't shout if I see sm juju guy beating a demon outta girl.....let's say I have learnt to differentiate physical tinz 4rm spiritual tinz...learn that
Re: Oyedepo Slaps-Giving: Court Urged To Dismiss Case by thehomer: 3:14pm On May 28, 2012
Prestonvic:

He did not claim that anyone is a witch but he called those who are witches to come out and the witch went out on her own.

Do you really not see a problem with pastors slapping strangers because they are on a stage?
Re: Oyedepo Slaps-Giving: Court Urged To Dismiss Case by thefunclubenterprise(m): 3:16pm On May 28, 2012
Ubenedictus: the fact that you have been slaped is not a reason to be a slap advocate. Anything that is evil should be fought, the fact that it has happened to you is not an excuse

Are u saying u have never been slapped against ur will?
Are u saying u have never slapped any1?
Then do u agree wit me that u should prosecute some people to court or u should be prosecuted to court too if ur answers are yes and this should be an evidence that u hav assulted people too?

When did slap turn such a big deal in 9ja!...its an assult that we have all embrassed since all of us are guilty if u wanna put it this way!!
Why blow it out of proportion cos its a man of God involved now?
Re: Oyedepo Slaps-Giving: Court Urged To Dismiss Case by thefunclubenterprise(m): 3:20pm On May 28, 2012
logicboy:

Does your christianity tell you to kill people for doing their job? Are you any different from Boko Haraam?

And who are u?
Boko haram?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Internet Has Become A Church For Atheists / Am Lost. How Can I Build My Spiritual Life. (advice) / Why Don't You Eat Before Church?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.