Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,224 members, 7,822,148 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:20 AM

Uk Working Holiday Visa. Please Help - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Working Holiday Visa. Please Help (1611 Views)

I Have Active (unused) F1 Visa, But I Now Need Work-visit Visa. Please Help!! / Received 40 Points But Refused Tier 4 Visa. Please Help With Admin Review / Uk Visiting Visa Please, How Do I Go About It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Uk Working Holiday Visa. Please Help by Sonye(f): 4:55pm On Nov 19, 2007
PLease does anybody know what is required of me to obtain the working holiday visa to the UK. I hear the statement of account must have a huge sum. How huge are we talking about please?
Re: Uk Working Holiday Visa. Please Help by temikay1: 5:29pm On Nov 19, 2007
Not particularly that much money, based on the rules of working holiday, u should have enough money to keep you for your first 2 months in the Uk, so i would say ddepending on where your sponsor is, you need nothing less than 2m.

All the best
Re: Uk Working Holiday Visa. Please Help by Vicjustice: 5:34pm On Nov 19, 2007
One who has a "HUGE" account would not need a UK working holiday visa; therefore, it's not about huge statement of account, it's got to do with credentials, qualifications and skills. But, you don't stand a good chance for a working holiday visa from Nigeria.
Re: Uk Working Holiday Visa. Please Help by temikay1: 5:47pm On Nov 19, 2007
you do stand a very good chance, much better than a student visa, 99 perc of working holiday appeals are granted to say the least, its just that many pple are not informed about it.

i got this type of visa 3 years ago and since then like 10 of my friends have to, its just about knowing how to package ur application well.

Go 4 it bros!!! all the best
Re: Uk Working Holiday Visa. Please Help by funkybaby(f): 5:54pm On Nov 19, 2007
are you sure this type of visa category still exists? I doubt it, looking at the new visa forms and regulations, there is no place for that type of visa. I stand to be corrected though.
Re: Uk Working Holiday Visa. Please Help by temikay1: 5:56pm On Nov 19, 2007
There is, definitely, you need to apply using the employment kind of forms.
Re: Uk Working Holiday Visa. Please Help by bowa(m): 8:46am On Nov 20, 2007
The Working Holiday Visa is issued for a maximum of 2 years. You can engage in casual employment in the UK for a total of 1 year out of that 2 year period. Although you cannot engage in business, you can work as a self-employed person in some instances.

If you have already spent one year in the UK on a Working Holiday Maker Visa you may be able to switch in-country to an HSMP or a Work Permit (if the job is on the UK occupational shortage list and you have worked already for 12 months in this capacity,) all of which may lead to permanent residency.

You may also be able to switch to the following Visa types from within the UK: Visitor, Innovator, Student (degree level) and Partner/Spouse/Civil partner (if your last entry to the UK has been for 6 months or more).

You may travel in and out of the UK for up to two years during the validity of your Working Holiday Maker Visa.
Re: Uk Working Holiday Visa. Please Help by bowa(m): 8:50am On Nov 20, 2007
Visa Requirements
You must apply for a visa at your local British Embassy or Consulate. You cannot apply to remain as a working holiday maker from within the UK.
You will have to meet the particular requirements at the British Embassy or Consulate.
If your visa is granted there will be an endorsement in your passport granting you leave to enter the UK. This is called an entry clearance certificate. You can request that this visa is valid for up to three months.
It is unlikely that you will be refused entry to the UK if the visa is issued. Typical reasons for refusing entry are if you have made false statements when you made your application or if you have failed to disclose important facts in your application. It is also possible that you will be refused entry if your circumstances have changed since you made the application.
It is probably a good idea to have a copy of your visa application with you in your hand luggage when you arrive in the UK in case you are questioned by an immigration officer
Re: Uk Working Holiday Visa. Please Help by ty4real(m): 9:20am On Nov 20, 2007
Sometimes I wonder why some pple act the way they do ,and at the same time,I appreciate pple who look life from the positive side,there are already negative events all round,so dont compound it by making it sound that nothing is impossible,it is possible for u to be given the visa from Nigeria AND YOU STAND A VERY GOOD CHNACE FOR THAT MATTER(TRUST ME ON THAT),just get the right docs and right sponsorship,if u dont have the financial means to do it all by ur self and sit back and await your visa friend.
STAY POSITIVE IN A NEGATIVE WORLD wink
Re: Uk Working Holiday Visa. Please Help by ty4real(m): 9:30am On Nov 20, 2007
For you to apply for the WHM visa,from Nigeria,get the employment forms and read thru the guidance note and fill in appropriately,I must state here that this visa is a visa that requires u make a lot of research about the Uk generally and you have to draw up itinerary as in plans(what u intend to do while in the uk) and that my friend really takes time.I will advise that u get the proper docs,dont try to falsify anything,include your cv showing ur work experience,the whole is point market ur self well on the papers u submit,they may call u for an interview before giving u the visa and they may give it to u without even calling u for any interview.
I av a tremendous interest in the visa and I have surfing the net on it since 2005 and I must say they still give it but it is just for those who are bold enough to aply cause there is this general notion in Nigeria that the British high commission folks dont issue it.Which is a lie.
Thats my piece anyway.

smileyFORTUNE SMILES ONLY ON THOSE WHO ARE BOLD! smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley

[i][/i]STAY POSITIVE IN A NEGATIVE WORLD! wink wink wink cool cool cool
Re: Uk Working Holiday Visa. Please Help by Sonye(f): 9:52am On Nov 20, 2007
Thank you all so much for your responses
@ ty4real, when you say i should give then a cv showing my work experience, do you mean that i should have a working experience to stand a better chance of getting the visa? Also, wouldn't they wonder why i am leaving the job to go abroad to work.
I had a 2year visa that expired in April. I just need to be clear on this before i submit my application.
Thanks
Re: Uk Working Holiday Visa. Please Help by temikay1: 11:09am On Nov 20, 2007
you don't particularly need work experience to be granted the visa, i got mine when i was a student during my IT year and there have been people who got theirs immediately they finished from uni while waiting for NYSC as thats a good ground to prove dat you will be coming back to the country, but if you do have work experience, all the better. cheers!!!
Re: Uk Working Holiday Visa. Please Help by ty4real(m): 11:50am On Nov 20, 2007
temi kay
Insert Quote
you don't particularly need work experience to be granted the visa, i got mine when i was a student during my IT year and there have been people who got theirs immediately they finished from uni while waiting for NYSC as thats a good ground to prove that you will be coming back to the country, but if you do have work experience, all the better. cheers!!!
Hes right there,u dont need work experience to be issued d visa but what I was driving at is u marketing ursef to those guys at the commission,especially if presently u av a skill that is among the shortage skill in the uk,
And concerning their wondering u ar running away or soemthing frm work,u cud get a letter of introduction from ur coy or a leave of absence letter which will show dt u intend to come back after ur holiday.
I feel ur major concerm should be convincing them why the WHM will be of benefit to u since a two yr visa just expired which I gueess will bo on visiting,so convince dem on how it will be of benefit to u at this time coming into the Uk thru the WHM scheme and dont 4get,dont mention work oooo,ur major reason for applying for it is simply on Holiday and Holiday alone ,work is not the main focus,but even u know u are allowed to still do some work.
Sucess anyway. smiley
Re: Uk Working Holiday Visa. Please Help by K2: 7:48pm On Nov 20, 2007
ty4real:

For you to apply for the WHM visa,from Nigeria,get the employment forms and read through the guidance note and fill in appropriately,I must state here that this visa is a visa that requires u make a lot of research about the Uk generally and you have to draw up itinerary as in plans(what u intend to do while in the uk) and that my friend really takes time.I will advise that u get the proper docs,don't try to falsify anything,include your cv showing your work experience,the whole is point market your self well on the papers u submit,they may call u for an interview before giving u the visa and they may give it to u without even calling u for any interview.
I av a tremendous interest in the visa and I have surfing the net on it since 2005 and I must say they still give it but it is just for those who are bold enough to aply cause there is this general notion in Nigeria that the British high commission folks don't issue it.Which is a lie.
Thats my piece anyway.

D

smileyFORTUNE SMILES ONLY ON THOSE WHO ARE BOLD! smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley

[i][/i]STAY POSITIVE IN A NEGATIVE WORLD! wink wink wink cool cool cool
Are you sure you're not suffering from paralysis from analysis? Haba from 2005? Apply now.  grin
Re: Uk Working Holiday Visa. Please Help by Sonye(f): 9:40am On Nov 21, 2007
Thank you ALL so very much. You have been so helpful. I think i know the right things to do now

@ty4real
I am so grateful for the encouragement. But if there's any other thing that's left out that i need to know, please let me have it. Thanks
Re: Uk Working Holiday Visa. Please Help by ty4real(m): 11:10am On Nov 21, 2007
@ K2
Guess u lack manners when it comes to relating with people u meet for the first time,and I dnt think I av to let u know wat I done and wat I am planning to do,this forum has been very useful to a lot of pple and i was Just trying to help a soul out there.
Next time,if u know dt u dont av any positive contribution to make,dont run ur mouth on an innocent soul who has information dt he is ready to give out to someone who needs it and it none of ur business if I apply or not

@sonye,yeah wish u all d best as u take the move,package ur docs well and make sure ur itinerary is well detailed cause the officials at teh visa application centre will definitly ask for it.
Am out of hia,some pple really a Pro in making pple hold help at times.
All da best and feed me with the goodnews and see u in the Uk ds christmas smiley
Re: Uk Working Holiday Visa. Please Help by smile007: 5:16pm On Nov 21, 2007
Yeah, I think the working hols is easy to get when u have all necessary documents in place. But i need to ask one question does anyone know on which type of work or job they(Home office) grant working permit for the WHM.
Re: Uk Working Holiday Visa. Please Help by Sonye(f): 10:04am On Jan 16, 2008
I thank you all. Especially you ty4real. My visa just came out yesterday and i was given 2years working holiday. God bless you all. God bless Nairaland. What on earth would i have done without you. For all of you that contributed to this success of mine, I just wan ti say God will bless u all abundantly.
Re: Uk Working Holiday Visa. Please Help by olupahpah(m): 10:11am On Jan 16, 2008
smile007:

Yeah, I think the working hols is easy to get when u have all necessary documents in place. But i need to ask one question does anyone know on which type of work or job they(Home office) grant working permit for the WHM.

You can take up almost any type of work including voluntary work, except setting up a business and working as a professional sportsperson but you must work for only 12 months out of the 24 months.
Re: Uk Working Holiday Visa. Please Help by ty4real(m): 12:34pm On Jan 19, 2008
@Sonye
What is life all about if humans cant help each other out,we give all the glory to God!
Am really happy for you,its good to know that someon out there was blessed and got her desire fulfilled thru some little advice!
I am hoping to get mine thru the appeal,I was refused based on the fact that I am leaving my work!But I know I will be given at the end of the day,Uk visa this days require you to be patient! But on a lighter mood,we suppose wash am ooo,u know cheesy grin grin grin grin grin grin!
But will see you in the UK this year anyway,Enjoy and I will really like to hear the details of it,cause more people are applying for the visa this days and will really like to hear some detail approach you used particularly.Lemme know your response anyway if I can send my yahoo id!
Congrats! wink wink wink
Re: Uk Working Holiday Visa. Please Help by Sonye(f): 2:20pm On Jan 22, 2008
OK!!!

After i pasted this thread and reading what u all wrote, i felt i could do it. I also got a premium number, 33505 which i called almost everyday. I also sent mails to info@ukvac-ng.com. I was not given full details of what i should be careful about. But when i got to the VAC at ikeja to submit my application, i asked a few questions there and i was told that drop-box does not exist anymore and those who have travelled before should provide a minimum of 3 documents otherwise they will be refused visas. I was luck i had 4 so i qualified wink

i was told to come 14 working days after but i went on the 12th day and it was ready. I have been so happy since then.

We suppose wash am o. cos i wan soon de jah grin
I need to also know why u were refused and what type of visa u applied for. Maybe i could help out as well. Sorry about that though
Re: Uk Working Holiday Visa. Please Help by ty4real(m): 2:46pm On Jan 22, 2008
Yeah,yeah,it was the same Working Holiday now,It was quite a flimsy excuse,but I cant be spreadin that out here but I have sent my appeal anyway and I am hoping for the best!
Re: Uk Working Holiday Visa. Please Help by Sonye(f): 12:01pm On Jan 23, 2008
i understand. You can contact me through my email though. We can talk better about it afterwards
Re: Uk Working Holiday Visa. Please Help by ty4real(m): 4:31pm On Jan 23, 2008
Which of the email were you expecting me to use?The hotmail bounced back any way u can reac me on realjoy96@yahoo.co.uk.from there we know what next! Thanks smiley.

(1) (Reply)

Can Any Nigerians Educate Me About The Life In Bahamas / Traveling To UAE : Some Cumbersome Tips You Need To Know / Greek Tourist Visa Or Marriage Visa?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.