Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,799 members, 7,827,949 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:52 PM

D’banj’s Story: From A Security Guard To Topping Charts In The UK - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / D’banj’s Story: From A Security Guard To Topping Charts In The UK (21347 Views)

Wizkid Tweets About Song With Drake Topping Itunes Gets Epic Reply From Fan(pic / Wizkid Featured On The Billboard Charts / Security Guard At P'square House Injured Today(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: D’banj’s Story: From A Security Guard To Topping Charts In The UK by Nobody: 10:27pm On May 27, 2012
queensmith: O gawd i was embarrased to watch the first video! Dbanj smokes crack! #thatisall

But it's a touching situation, you can see the white kids thinkin wtf?? theyre bloody taking over! lol

true that. I concur. Lol!
Re: D’banj’s Story: From A Security Guard To Topping Charts In The UK by saniby: 10:40pm On May 27, 2012
Pls take time to help others. One Mr. Adesina, Isiaka Olalere, Borife Local govt. Oshogbo, Osun state, and a graduate of Ladoke Akintola university lost his credentials in Maraba near Abuja. . A good samaritan found them and brought them. But there was no contact number to reach Mr. Adesina within the lost documents. Please,
If you know the person please tell him to contact me via email saniby@yahoo.com or via phone on 08186333499 for his documents.
May the Almighty rewards you as you help others.
Re: D’banj’s Story: From A Security Guard To Topping Charts In The UK by guonno: 10:54pm On May 27, 2012
I wonder why these dirty black looking yoruba boys on nairaland will not let NdIGBO be. Dbanj is on the top 9? Ok naa! How e take concern DdIGBO naa? I wonder why igbos hate yorubas and yorubas hate igbos more than even gboko haram that is anti christian.

1 Like

Re: D’banj’s Story: From A Security Guard To Topping Charts In The UK by adelaja70(m): 11:30pm On May 27, 2012
guonno: I wonder why these dirty black looking yoruba boys on nairaland will not let NdIGBO be. Dbanj is on the top 9? Ok naa! How e take concern DdIGBO naa? I wonder why igbos hate yorubas and yorubas hate igbos more than even gboko haram that is anti christian.
Ask the monkey lookin Ibos on Nairaland,u hear he-goat?

1 Like

Re: D’banj’s Story: From A Security Guard To Topping Charts In The UK by rakaasta(f): 11:32pm On May 27, 2012
He has his shortcomings but he is an achiever. Congrats guy.

5 Likes

Re: D’banj’s Story: From A Security Guard To Topping Charts In The UK by Nobody: 11:36pm On May 27, 2012
Naija no dey carry last. From security Guard to Chart topper. The other from Till attendant to celebrated thief.
Re: D’banj’s Story: From A Security Guard To Topping Charts In The UK by tjadeba(m): 11:57pm On May 27, 2012
grafikii: Igbo people don't understand success, while sunny ade and Femi were getting grammy nominations, Oliver de cote or whatever was busy growing bia bia
grin grin grin grin
Re: D’banj’s Story: From A Security Guard To Topping Charts In The UK by adelaja70(m): 12:19am On May 28, 2012
tjadeba: grin grin grin grin

Lol....
Re: D’banj’s Story: From A Security Guard To Topping Charts In The UK by binhozie(m): 12:22am On May 28, 2012
Lool. . dbanj should flex now that they are dancing to oliver twist, definitely not singing it tho cos its lyric is crap
But i know one thing, when everyone eventually tires of the song and it falls from the charts, i hope he will be able to come up with something else
cos everyone is watching grin
Re: D’banj’s Story: From A Security Guard To Topping Charts In The UK by ektbear: 1:42am On May 28, 2012
Up Skeebanj
Re: D’banj’s Story: From A Security Guard To Topping Charts In The UK by Murphy7h4: 2:47am On May 28, 2012
Re: D’banj’s Story: From A Security Guard To Topping Charts In The UK by Tinyemeka(m): 3:33am On May 28, 2012
papatosibe:

Humble D’banj, expressed his joy at the reception and success of his decade-long career which has earned his debut single in the UK, a place on the t0p 10 of the billboard chart.

http://www.channelstv.com/home/2012/05/25/dbanjs-story-from-security-guard-to-topping-charts-in-the-uk/

DBanj is not humble. I'm very certain of that.

I really want to see him get on with it already. Oliver Twist was produced by Don Jazzy. All I've been reading, are dividends of a past effort. What's new please? I'm already tired of hearing Oliver Twist this, Oliver Strangled that. Gimme something new.
Re: D’banj’s Story: From A Security Guard To Topping Charts In The UK by bashr8: 3:35am On May 28, 2012
adelaja70:
Ask the monkey lookin Ibos on Nairaland,u hear he-goat?
if any group look like monkeys in nigeria its yorubas, i wonder what dbanj have to do with igbo people you insecure bastards. besides his success was all cus of producer don jazzy an igbo man, his manager also an igbo man . of course he wouldnt have gone that far if he was eating ewedu and oily soup with his fellow yorubas like his stu..pid and ugly yoruba bodyguard that beats up female fans. hediot

1 Like

Re: D’banj’s Story: From A Security Guard To Topping Charts In The UK by Rhino5dm: 4:01am On May 28, 2012
Is Don Jazzy Ibo? You must have been smoking crack!. . .?!.

. . .while you are at your stup!dity, could you also tell us the names of artist on Don jazzy's so-called MAVIN records? is Wande coal ibo?, Tiwa Savage na ibo?, Dr.SID na ibo?. . Can Don Jazzy and his wack younger brother D'prince string together two lines without help? I guess you never thought about the above before posting that thrash.

Free D'banj, the guy is million light years ahead of you haterzz.

bashr8: if any group look like monkeys in nigeria its yorubas, i wonder what dbanj have to do with igbo people you insecure bastards. besides his success was all cus of producer don jazzy an igbo man, his manager also an igbo man . of course he wouldnt have gone that far if he was eating ewedu and oily soup with his fellow yorubas like his stu..pid and ugly yoruba bodyguard that beats up female fans. hediot

1 Like

Re: D’banj’s Story: From A Security Guard To Topping Charts In The UK by bashr8: 4:25am On May 28, 2012
Rhino.5dm:
Is Don Jazzy Ibo? You must have been smoking crack!. . .?!.

. . .while you are at your stup!dity, could you also tell us the names of artist on Don jazzy's so-called MAVIN records? is Wande coal ibo?, Tiwa Savage na ibo?, Dr.SID na ibo?. . Can Don Jazzy and his wack younger brother D'prince string together two lines without help? I guess you never thought about the above before posting that thrash.

Free D'banj, the guy is million light years ahead of you haterzz.

jumping around like a monkey , you and your reta ..rded brothers are yet to let us know wetin concern dbanj and igbos , you guys need to learn to mind your buisness.and yes don jazzy is igbo
Re: D’banj’s Story: From A Security Guard To Topping Charts In The UK by Blackbody20(m): 4:39am On May 28, 2012
Hmmmmmm! He rose from grass to grace. Congratulations to u bro. Keep repping Naija. (file, oshe, mogbe, yepa, no long thing)
Re: D’banj’s Story: From A Security Guard To Topping Charts In The UK by Rhino5dm: 4:48am On May 28, 2012
How has hurriedly releasing a wack song help your cause? Oliver twist is old according to some dumb arzz fools. You should know that D'banj is multi-tasking, shuttling between London, NewYork and Lagos, making vidoes, preparing for his tour and producing a movie with Kanye West in far away Qatar and still making more MONEY. Is it moi-moi?. . .in his words, he said "I am a business man"!

. . .By the way, Do you even know when last he produced an album even when he was still with your almighty God, Don jazzy?. . .four fuckin'g years!! . . And two years from his remix with snoop dog.. . .was that a failure on your almighty GOD, don jazzy??

so, why the hell are you asking for new song, if you are not some self hating squirrel? If it took both him and jazzy two fuckin' years to make "Oliver Twist", then why are you asking for new single, few months later?

That song is enjoying massive air time and huge downloads, and none of you haterzz can stop the rain. Free the guy and if you are soooo desperate for a new song, then make one yourself and give us the links. Cazzo!

Tinyemeka:

I really want to see him get on with it already. Oliver Twist was produced by Don Jazzy. All I've been reading, are dividends of a past effort. What's new please? I'm already tired of hearing Oliver Twist this, Oliver Strangled that. Gimme something new.

1 Like

Re: D’banj’s Story: From A Security Guard To Topping Charts In The UK by Paentera(m): 5:00am On May 28, 2012
grafikii: Igbo people don't understand success, while sunny ade and Femi were getting grammy nominations, Oliver de cote or whatever was busy growing bia bia

Honestly, you're simple re.tar.ded. I am Yoruba and I enjoyed Sir Oliver's music. His not getting nominated for grammy did not take away his talent from him. Besides, did FELA get nominated for grammys? Does that take anything away from him? Boy can you just get your head straight and stop getting things twisted from behind a smoky tribal screen all the time. Gosh, your parents raised you on a farm right? I can tell.

3 Likes

Re: D’banj’s Story: From A Security Guard To Topping Charts In The UK by Paentera(m): 5:10am On May 28, 2012
Haterz will always hate. I remember a few days back when someone posted D'Banj being rated No1 on a chart - they said they don't recognise it and it's all crap and hype. Today they can see with their korokoro eyes that D'Banj is No 9 on the MTV Top 20 chart (a well recognised chart worldwide) and rather than give him the thumbs up, the best they can come up with is another tribal excuse - that he was produced by a non-Yoruba thus he cannot prove his talent. Ol'boy, people dey hate sha, if you jump, they'll say you didn't jump high enough, if you bend down, they'll say you have back problem. D'Banj obviously ain't perfect, but his success so far has shut a lot of haterz up! Ooshe! grin grin grin grin grin tongue

1 Like

Re: D’banj’s Story: From A Security Guard To Topping Charts In The UK by Rhino5dm: 5:17am On May 28, 2012
So Isoko man from Delta state is now ibo? How low can you go?. . Guy, it is too early to be drinking kparaga.

bashr8: jumping around like a monkey , you and your reta ..rded brothers are yet to let us know wetin concern dbanj and igbos , you guys need to learn to mind your buisness.and yes don jazzy is igbo

1 Like

Re: D’banj’s Story: From A Security Guard To Topping Charts In The UK by Rhino5dm: 5:23am On May 28, 2012
Grass cutter!

cap28: crap as usual- he can only impress 15 year old school girls who dont know any better.
Re: D’banj’s Story: From A Security Guard To Topping Charts In The UK by nas00(m): 5:29am On May 28, 2012
Nice 1 oo, kokomaster!
Any 'beefer' wey misyarn, Baba e lo maa rundown cool tongue
Re: D’banj’s Story: From A Security Guard To Topping Charts In The UK by IleIfe2(m): 5:31am On May 28, 2012
Mallam Grafikii....... get a life!
Re: D’banj’s Story: From A Security Guard To Topping Charts In The UK by ikeokoye(m): 5:58am On May 28, 2012
datz d work of illuminati...............he is a fool let him sing another one nah mk we hear..
tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: D’banj’s Story: From A Security Guard To Topping Charts In The UK by tonyx4x44(m): 6:18am On May 28, 2012
all girls high school? Can smell charges already
Re: D’banj’s Story: From A Security Guard To Topping Charts In The UK by Tinyemeka(m): 7:25am On May 28, 2012
Rhino.5dm:
How has hurriedly releasing a wack song help your cause? Oliver twist is old according to some dumb arzz fools. You should know that D'banj is multi-tasking, shuttling between London, NewYork and Lagos, making vidoes, preparing for his tour and producing a movie with Kanye West in far away Qatar and still making more MONEY. Is it moi-moi?. . .in his words, he said "I am a business man"!

. . .By the way, Do you even know when last he produced an album even when he was still with your almighty God, Don jazzy?. . .four fuckin'g years!! . . And two years from his remix with snoop dog.. . .was that a failure on your almighty GOD, don jazzy??

so, why the hell are you asking for new song, if you are not some self hating squirrel? If it took both him and jazzy two fuckin' years to make "Oliver Twist", then why are you asking for new single, few months later?

That song is enjoying massive air time and huge downloads, and none of you haterzz can stop the rain. Free the guy and if you are soooo desperate for a new song, then make one yourself and give us the links. Cazzo!

Talking to me? I don't have your time. Look for a fellow crazy park tout to exchange words with. You'll find a lot of them here on NL.
Re: D’banj’s Story: From A Security Guard To Topping Charts In The UK by adelaja70(m): 7:39am On May 28, 2012
Tinyemeka:

If u are tired of oliver twist,why didnt u ignore this thread?....na fire go burn ur mouth!

1 Like

Re: D’banj’s Story: From A Security Guard To Topping Charts In The UK by tjskii(f): 7:40am On May 28, 2012
Ђ☺w̶̲̥̅̊ cud he have been a security guard in d uk,with dat his scrawny body,dat is a bigfat lie,I dnt believ it,uv got to be tall,huge or imposing in some way to get dt kinda job and the pay is very good. So baba talk anoda tin abeg
Re: D’banj’s Story: From A Security Guard To Topping Charts In The UK by adelaja70(m): 7:42am On May 28, 2012
bashr8: if any group look like monkeys in nigeria its yorubas, i wonder what dbanj have to do with igbo people you insecure bastards. besides his success was all cus of producer don jazzy an igbo man, his manager also an igbo man . of course he wouldnt have gone that far if he was eating ewedu and oily soup with his fellow yorubas like his stu..pid and ugly yoruba bodyguard that beats up female fans. hediot
Its very clear you are on cheap drugs....pls somebody should take this gorilla back to ARO in Abeokuta.
Re: D’banj’s Story: From A Security Guard To Topping Charts In The UK by adelaja70(m): 7:46am On May 28, 2012
tjskii: Ђ☺w̶̲̥̅̊ cud he have been a security guard in d uk,with dat his scrawny body,dat is a bigfat lie,I dnt believ it,uv got to be tall,huge or imposing in some way to get dt kinda job and the pay is very good. So baba talk anoda tin abeg
How did u know?....your boyfriend/husband na maiguard in the UK?
Re: D’banj’s Story: From A Security Guard To Topping Charts In The UK by adelaja70(m): 7:52am On May 28, 2012
ikeokoye: datz d work of illuminati...............he is a fool let him sing another one nah mk we hear..
tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Illuminati work? Im impressed!....Abeg watz their website? I wan join......but na the entire ikeOkoye family be fools sha.
Re: D’banj’s Story: From A Security Guard To Topping Charts In The UK by amurx(m): 8:14am On May 28, 2012
Anyhow i still felt something missig in dbanj's new song '' go down''

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Toke Makinwa's Fan Slam Anita Solomon After Sharing Cryptic Message[pics] / Rita Dominic At The Screening Of 'The Meeting' In Ibadan / CDQ Dumps Teebillz As His Manager After He Could Not Reach Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.