Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,055 members, 7,838,679 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:52 AM

Let's Speak Ebonics! (hip Hop Headz Only) - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Let's Speak Ebonics! (hip Hop Headz Only) (3827 Views)

How Wizkid Beat Ice Prince, Others To Win 2011 Hyundai S.u.v At Hip Hop Awards / "The Sad Truth About Hip Hop" <chain letter> / Destiny's Child, the Hip-Hop Group (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Let's Speak Ebonics! (hip Hop Headz Only) by younghoodi(m): 1:27am On Nov 21, 2007
y?MY SISTER SAID THEY COULD TAKE YA PIC AND DO JUJU ON YA SO I TOOK EM OFF.
Re: Let's Speak Ebonics! (hip Hop Headz Only) by naijadiva2(f): 1:30am On Nov 21, 2007
ok. whose they? if someone wants to do juju, they gonna do it whether there's a pic or not.
Re: Let's Speak Ebonics! (hip Hop Headz Only) by younghoodi(m): 1:32am On Nov 21, 2007
i don't belive in them stuff so it wont happen to me.
Re: Let's Speak Ebonics! (hip Hop Headz Only) by naijadiva2(f): 1:37am On Nov 21, 2007
me neither but i ain't taking chances with people especially the pyscho ones. i remember when i was in middle school, this gurl got accused of doing voodoo cuz she dressed like a rocker/punk chic. ever since i heard thta, i kept my distance from her, only because i was young and scared.
Re: Let's Speak Ebonics! (hip Hop Headz Only) by younghoodi(m): 1:42am On Nov 21, 2007
oh yeah?my big sis's 23 she grew up in lagos she told me ervything i need to know and that's y i replace it,i gotta new one.am out see ya.
Re: Let's Speak Ebonics! (hip Hop Headz Only) by naijadiva2(f): 1:44am On Nov 21, 2007
okay thats more like it. see ya.
Re: Let's Speak Ebonics! (hip Hop Headz Only) by Rapsody(m): 8:06am On Nov 21, 2007
@Naija_diva

ahh! Now i remember u! I see u still got dat chutzpah thingy goin on! Howz ur ex-boy A-40 doin? (hey,im just pullin ur legs,dnt pull out d '9 yet)

Newayz im glad u let d beef burn wt d reggae thread! Aint mad @ ya either!

(Cor blimey! Im 4gettin my manners)

hello Naija_diva! How are U? So u workin-class now? Dats so adoorable!
Re: Let's Speak Ebonics! (hip Hop Headz Only) by ravenzord(m): 10:39am On Nov 21, 2007
@ rapsody: yeah i rememba d song;talkin bout wicked stunners nd all.

@young hoodi:is it oozy or Uzi?last time i chekd uzi was jst 1 kind of gun.LOL
Re: Let's Speak Ebonics! (hip Hop Headz Only) by ganjamind(m): 1:01pm On Nov 21, 2007
yo rhapsody wats up witchu
Re: Let's Speak Ebonics! (hip Hop Headz Only) by PoDeep(m): 1:45pm On Nov 21, 2007
Yes, Uzi is just ONE kind of gun.
Re: Let's Speak Ebonics! (hip Hop Headz Only) by Rapsody(m): 2:03pm On Nov 21, 2007
@Ganjamind

im still str8,dude.Been saving up 4 a sex-change but d price is sooo expensive! (he he he).
Re: Let's Speak Ebonics! (hip Hop Headz Only) by younghoodi(m): 8:09pm On Nov 21, 2007
ravenzord:

@ rapsody: yeah i rememba d song;talkin bout wicked stunners nd all.

@young hoodi:is it oozy or Uzi?last time i chekd uzi was jst 1 kind of gun.LOL

I know it is homey,yonkers niggas love to hold oozys i could name a hole bunch of em. undecided

a.k and bombs my nigga the hood is baghdad.
Re: Let's Speak Ebonics! (hip Hop Headz Only) by kaydee(m): 11:18pm On Nov 21, 2007
Hey Y'all, this is Big L's ebonics lyrics.

[b]Check it, my weed smoke is my lye
A ki of coke is a pie
When Im lifted, Im high
With new clothes on, Im fly
Cars is whips and sneakers is kicks
Money is chips, movies is flicks
Also, cribs is homes, jacks is pay phones
Cocaine is nose candy, cigarettes is bones
A radio is a box, a razor blade is a ox
Fat diamonds is rocks and jakes is cop
And if you got rubbed, you got stuck
You got shot, you got bucked
And if you got double-crossed, you got bleeped
Your bankroll is your poke, a choke hold is a yoke
A kite is a note, a con is a okey doke
And if you got punched that mean you got snuffed
To clean is to buff, a bull scare is a strong bluff
I know you like the way Im freakin it
I talk with slang and ima never stop speakin it

Chorus: repeat (2x)

speak with criminal slang -nas
Thats just the way that I talk, yo
vocabulary spills, Im ill -nas

Yo, yo
A burglary is a jook, a woofs a crook
Mobb deep already explained the meanin of shook
If you caught a felony, you caught a f
If you got killed, you got left
If you got the dragon, you got bad breath
If you 730, that mean you crazy
Hit me on the hip means page me
Angel dust is sherm, if you got aids, you got the germ
If a chick gave you a disease, then you got burned
Max mean to relax, guns and pistols is gats
Condoms is hats, critters is cracks
The food you eat is your grub
A victims a mark
A sweat box is a small club, your tick is your heart
Your apartment is your pad
Your old man is your dad
The studio is the lab and heated is mad
I talk with slang and ima never stop speakin it

Chorus (2x)

The iron horse is the train and champaign is bubbly
A deuce is a honey thats ugly
If your girl is fine, shes a dime
A suit is a fine, jewelry is shine
If you in love, that mean you blind
Genuine is real, a face card is a hundred dollar bill
A very hard, long stare is a grill
If you sneakin to go see a girl, that mean you creepin
Smilin is cheesin, bleedin is leakin
Beggin is bummin, if you nuttin you comin
Takin orders is sunnin, an ounce of coke is a onion
A hotels a telly, a cell phones a celly
Jealous is jelly, your food box is your belly
To guerrilla mean to use physical force
You took a l, you took a loss
To show off mean floss, uh
I talk with slang and ima never stop speakin it[/b]
Re: Let's Speak Ebonics! (hip Hop Headz Only) by teckzilla(m): 7:28am On Nov 22, 2007
IRON HORSE- TRAINS
PAD- HOME,APARTMENT
CELLY- CELL PHONE
FOOD BOX- TUMMY
JELLY- TO BE JEALOUS OF SOMETHING/SOMEONE
BONES- CIGARETTES
BUBBLY- CHAMPAGNE
DEUCE- UGLY CHICK
DIME- FINE CHICK
FLY-STATE OF BEING IN NEW CLOTHES OR GEAR
NOSE CANDY- COCAINE
JACKS- PAY PHONES
OX- RAZOR BLADE
SNUFFED- TO GET PUNCHED
ROCKS- FAT DIAMONDS
the dragon- bad breath
SHOOK- STATE OF BEING AFRAID, mobb deep-shock ones
7:30- crazy individual
MAX- RELAX
GRUB- FOOD
TICK- YA HEART
LAB- RECORDING STUDIO
HOLLOW TIP NOT HALO!!!!, NOTE THAT
GRILL- A VERY HARD LONG STARE
NUTTING- EJACULATING
TOOK AN L- TO TAKE A LOSS
need more,
Re: Let's Speak Ebonics! (hip Hop Headz Only) by HYBRIDX(m): 7:45am On Nov 22, 2007
@kaydee

damn . . u bring back memories. . . . big "L" used to be one of my favourite mc's . . . . the dude was an ill one lost too soon . , .yep! some dude shoot at him a couple of times in head . . . .so sad . . .big L was an illl freestyler as well . . .actually heard a track whurr he burnt jay-z . . . . . .ebonics was laced up by rawkus early 2000 or thereabout, .used to have that cd. . . . that was the first material released after his death . . . .poor guy, may his soul rest in peace. . . . . . .another tyte track on that album was his collabo with big daddy kane . . . . ill, . . . .

still hearing that nas chorus in the background . . . .
Re: Let's Speak Ebonics! (hip Hop Headz Only) by Maverik: 9:48am On Nov 22, 2007
@kaydee & Hybrid-X

Y'all taking me back,son! First time i heard the Big-L and Jigga live freestyle on radio,i almost flipped,4 real! Dat was off-d-bleedin-meat-hook!

@Teckzilla

Checked out ur resumè.Ur credentials are not bad at all! Though im still not sure what side of d culture u are on (esp wt dat article of urs).

'Keepin it real' can be a very ambiguous word (knowhatimsaying). Poetry could also be negative smtymz.

Wud like a better definition of ur persona (dig?). Identify urself Soulja!
Re: Let's Speak Ebonics! (hip Hop Headz Only) by teckzilla(m): 11:13am On Nov 22, 2007
to MAVERICK
not sure what u mean by what side of the cultureanyhow the of songs I make should suffice.In the article i said working my music to earn me money,I believe is not a materialistic statement cos in reality no matter what we do the money would always come into play.8 years ago,I used to really really hate the COMMERCIAL MAINSTREAM emcees or anything of that sort.But man,as I matured all i got for em is respect,they hustle too you know,I may not necessarily like their kind of music but WE need to respect their hustle game. yeah keeping it real is kinda relative too,my thesis is COLLECTIVITY CANNOT HAPPEN WITHOUT SOME SEMBLANCE OF HONOR,YOU AINT GOTTA LOVE EVERYBODY BUT THERE NEEDS TO BE SOME LEVEL OF RESPECT AND ACCEPTANCE AND HONOR, (danny hoch)
give em the daps and leave shikena, I feel my music can define me
Re: Let's Speak Ebonics! (hip Hop Headz Only) by teckzilla(m): 11:15am On Nov 22, 2007
to MAVERICK
not sure what u mean by what side of the cultureanyhow the of songs I make should suffice.In the article i said working my music to earn me money,I believe is not a materialistic statement cos in reality no matter what we do the money would always come into play.8 years ago,I used to really really hate the COMMERCIAL MAINSTREAM emcees or anything of that sort.But man,as I matured all i got for em is respect,they hustle too you know,I may not necessarily like their kind of music but WE need to respect their hustle game. yeah keeping it real is kinda relative too,my thesis is COLLECTIVITY CANNOT HAPPEN WITHOUT SOME SEMBLANCE OF HONOR,YOU AINT GOTTA LOVE EVERYBODY BUT THERE NEEDS TO BE SOME LEVEL OF RESPECT AND ACCEPTANCE AND HONOR, (danny hoch)
give em the daps and leave shikena, I feel my music can define me
Re: Let's Speak Ebonics! (hip Hop Headz Only) by HYBRIDX(m): 5:28pm On Nov 22, 2007
@ teck-zilla

nice one dude . . . . . . . keep it up ma bro . . . . . .
Re: Let's Speak Ebonics! (hip Hop Headz Only) by rikkyjen(m): 8:36pm On Nov 22, 2007
Fofo. . . . . .44 magnum gun

Popo. . . . . . Police
Re: Let's Speak Ebonics! (hip Hop Headz Only) by shaDough(m): 9:32pm On Nov 22, 2007
hawk,rosco, bird - gun
5-0 - police,
bone - have sex,
slang - sell, hustle
Re: Let's Speak Ebonics! (hip Hop Headz Only) by Rapsody(m): 7:14am On Nov 23, 2007
Yo,ive always wondered why they call the south "dirty".Anybody got an idea?
Re: Let's Speak Ebonics! (hip Hop Headz Only) by HYBRIDX(m): 7:34am On Nov 23, 2007
@rapsody

"dirty". . . . well,this is jus my own opinion. . . . way back in the south slavery was the innn thing . . . .most blacks down thurrr where either working in farms or plantations . . . .them white masters whurr farm owners . . . . . farming is a kinda dirty work. . . . .am most of the time a negreoo was seen as dirty all the time. . . .he aint got clothes . . . .just dirt errwhurr . . . .so i think it just stuck to the south . . . .they jus dirty . . . .them all. . . . . .in looks and attitudes(most of em wherent educated back then) . . they jus lazy around most of time. , .make baby's and jus get high this days . . . .it aint 'em fault. . .
Re: Let's Speak Ebonics! (hip Hop Headz Only) by Rapsody(m): 8:00am On Nov 23, 2007
@Hybrid-X

LOL!
Re: Let's Speak Ebonics! (hip Hop Headz Only) by HYBRIDX(m): 6:05pm On Nov 23, 2007
@rapsody

bro what's up. . . . i see u man . . . . whats funny?. . . . . , has a kool weekend bro. . . . , whats the latest with da recordings . . . . how did it go on thursday?
big ups bro, . . . . . much respect . . . noticed things are kinda quiet . . . .errbody(ill cats) been minding em bizzzzzzzzzzz, . . . ,
Re: Let's Speak Ebonics! (hip Hop Headz Only) by Rapsody(m): 8:38pm On Nov 23, 2007
tongue D recordin went smoothly! We just hve 2 wait for the mixing and eventual album release to hear it.As 4 me,im already on some other track 4 my own album.
Ur remark about d "derrrty' south really cracked me up! I wonder what hoodboi wud say about dis?(he he he).
Re: Let's Speak Ebonics! (hip Hop Headz Only) by ravenzord(m): 12:21pm On Nov 24, 2007
@ hybrid-x: interesting definition of dirty south,neva thot of it from dat angle.peace
Re: Let's Speak Ebonics! (hip Hop Headz Only) by chiogo(f): 5:55pm On Nov 24, 2007
paper----money
blunt------weed
Re: Let's Speak Ebonics! (hip Hop Headz Only) by GROWNDICE(m): 6:04pm On Nov 24, 2007
yayo-coke
doe-money
hoes-girls
bitches-girls.
birds-girls.
brickz-coke.
els-weed
that green-weed.one kind that's my shit.
kali green-the weed from california.
coke from papi-coke from the latins.
guap-doe.
Re: Let's Speak Ebonics! (hip Hop Headz Only) by menike(m): 9:14pm On Nov 24, 2007
bubble gum - pussy
Kush - Weed
T9 - Gun
Re: Let's Speak Ebonics! (hip Hop Headz Only) by Rapsody(m): 7:05pm On Nov 26, 2007
What up god? - 5 percenter greeting for fellow black man

Earth - 5 percenter terminology for Mother

Peace god! - 5 percenter farewell greeting
Re: Let's Speak Ebonics! (hip Hop Headz Only) by prncss(f): 4:23pm On Nov 27, 2007
69- oral
ride or die chick- girl that got yo back anyday, anytime
kicks- sneakers
hustle- sell drugs
catch one's fade- get knocked out by them

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Video - P-square Ft. Akon & May-d - Chop My Money (remix) [watch] / Direct. Download The Notorious B.I.G Ready To Die Songs# / Chocolate City Giants M.i. And Ice Prince Freestyle With Tim Westwood!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.