Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,295 members, 7,839,446 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:22 PM

US Cuts Demand For Nigerian Crude - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / US Cuts Demand For Nigerian Crude (9982 Views)

Economic Woes Heighten As Buyers Shun Nigerian Crude / N5,000 For The Poor: Katsina Women Storm Bank To Demand For APC Social Security / Breaking !! Nigerian Crude Oil Cargoes Unsold Due To OIL GLUT! Economic Crises!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Cuts Demand For Nigerian Crude by mekaboy(m): 11:00am On May 28, 2012
HOW MUCH HAVE U BENEFITED FROM THIS OIL SINCE ? IF US STOPS BUYING OIL AT ALL HOW ARE WE AFFECTED ? THE ONLY THING THAT THE LOOTERS IN GOVT WONT HAVE ENOUGH MONEY TO SHARE AMONG THEMSELVES. THEN THEY EITHER BORROW OR FIND A WAY TO GET THE COMMON MAN TO PAY THEM. NONSENSE , WETIN CONCERN ME AND OIL

LET THE US STOP BUYING OIL LET OUR OIL DEY FOR US, LET EVERY FAMILY HAVE THEIR OWN REFINERY, I IMAGINE WHEN NIGERIANS WILL GO TO FETCH OIL LIKE THEY FETCH WATER IN THE STREAM, COME HOME REFINE AND PUT IN YOUR CAR AND GEN grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: US Cuts Demand For Nigerian Crude by chooaeb: 11:06am On May 28, 2012
@cashcpt: ur comment is quite thoughtful and scary as well
Re: US Cuts Demand For Nigerian Crude by ZUBY77(m): 11:19am On May 28, 2012
This is a welcome development. What were they doing with the oil money except sharing it in Abuja. This will make us to sit up and start thinking. The oil made us lazy
Re: US Cuts Demand For Nigerian Crude by warrior101: 11:20am On May 28, 2012
abugbe: pls so nigerians we shul start lokin 4 anoda alternative, mayb put most of our tim into agriculture. Dat ws wer we begin our life

And who will we sell our agro products to? Does 9ja have power, allies to make it work? America is the bully here i suggest 9nja should lay low and plan ahead... We need the likes of BISMARCK in powerful positions
Re: US Cuts Demand For Nigerian Crude by blackis(m): 11:29am On May 28, 2012
Nigeria is losing the United States as its biggest oil customer amid surging output and refinery closures in North America, prompting Africa’s top producer to ship its crude twice the distance to Asia.
U.S purchases of Nigerian crude fell to a five-year low in February, knocking the OPEC member to sixth from fifth among suppliers to the world’s largest oil consumer, Energy Department data show, Bloomberg reports.
To offset the trend, the country is sending cargoes to Asia, where refiners are set to increase imports in June to the highest in a year, according to data compiled by Bloomberg.
Qua Iboe, a light oil that’s Nigeria’s most abundant grade, slumped to an 18-month low in April as buyers in Asia that typically use cheaper, heavier crudes, demanded price cuts to cover the cost of shipping it halfway around the world.
The voyage from the Bonny Terminal in Nigeria to Tianjin, China, is 12,172 miles, compared with 5,847 miles to New York Harbour.
“It’s a very plausible scenario that one day the U.S won’t need to import crude oil from Nigeria,” said Olivier Jakob, managing director at Petromatrix, a Zug, Switzerland-based consultant. “The U.S is awash with light crude. Nigerian crude may need to be priced at a discount to go to new markets in Asia.”
Boosted by drilling in shale-rock formations such as North Dakota’s Bakken and Texas’ Eagle Ford, crude production in the U.S rose to 6.24 million barrels a day in the week ended May 18, the highest level since 1999, government data show. The country’s Nigerian oil imports fell to 352,000 barrels a day in February, about a third of the amount purchased a year earlier, according to the Energy Department.
Refiners are closing plants on the U.S East Coast, the main destination for Nigerian exports, amid falling returns. Sunoco idled the 194,000-barrel-a-day Marcus Hook plant in Pennsylvania on December 1.
The company also said it would decide by July whether to halt production at its 355,000-barrel-a-day Philadelphia plant. ConocoPhillips stopped its 190,000-barrel-a-day Trainer, Pa., site on September 30. The facilities together account for half of East Coast processing capacity.

“The U.S. is losing its position as a lead buyer of Nigerian crude,” said David Wech, an analyst at JBC Energy in Vienna.
The slide in Nigeria’s status as a U.S. supplier marks the decline of a relationship that dates from 1961, when Texaco Overseas began operations in the African producer. The country kept up exports to the U.S even as attacks by militant groups in the Niger Delta cut output by more than 28 per cent from 2006 to 2009.
Reduced U.S demand still hasn’t curtailed Nigeria’s exports. Crude and condensate sales are on course to rise to 2.27 million barrels a day next month, close to their highest level in 10 months, according to loading programs obtained by Bloomberg News.
Demand for Nigeria’s oil may also be supported by South Africa as it seeks replacement sources amid international sanctions against Iran.

''One day the river will overflow,
and there'll be nowhere for us to go ;
and we will run, run...
wishing we had put out the fire, oh no...''

As I read through this thread, I could feel Asa's song
filtering through my inner being as I tried to process
this information in relation to the global financial
uncertainty, Europe's financial meltdown, Syria and
the continued agitations in the Middle East, America's
shale energy revolution etc etc.

I know of NO sane country that would be wasting her resources
(human and natural) the way Nigeria is doing. Serious plans for
alternative incomes ought to have been in place by the 80's. I'm
afraid if things were to spiral out of control now on the world
stage, Nigeria as presently constituted would be done with, period!!
Re: US Cuts Demand For Nigerian Crude by ak47mann(m): 11:35am On May 28, 2012
cashcpt: When America wants to arrange regime change or total change in the power dynamics of a country they start by reducing or stopping trade with that country it happened in Gadaffi's Libya and Saddam's Iraq. Their State Department then goes on to castigate everything abt the target country in a similar format to d official statements dat were released just last week where Jonathan the Ministers the Nigeria Police EFCC and Legislators were indicted for gross corruption amidst other sins. Nigeria is over you guys can forget abt 2015 the violent and messy disintegration starts in d 2nd half of 2012. There wld be much shedding of blood
on point!!dont forget that US have already brand Nigeria as a terrorist country this is their strategy,once they brand you their enemy they will cut down business and AID with that country cool cool
Re: US Cuts Demand For Nigerian Crude by Piyke: 11:50am On May 28, 2012
Piyke: Report predicts bleak future for Nigeria’s oil, gas reserves
Friday, 25 May 2012 00:00 By Sulaimon Salau Business Services - Business News

A NEW report published by the Business Monitor International has predicted a bleak future for Nigeria’s oil and gas reserve base. While the oil reserve has been estimated to peak at about 40.05 billion barrels in 2016, it will later decline to 27.90 billion barrels by 2021.

The 46 per cent decline may have been premised on the speculations that Nigeria’s oil and gas reserves will decline and may eventually dry up in the next 45 years.

However, the recent trend of investment in the industry due to uncertainty over the delayed Petroleum Industry Bill (PIB) may be postulating the same.

Read complete report here: http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=87137:report-predicts-bleak-future-for-nigerias-oil-gas-reserves&catid=31:business&Itemid=562

I hope our leaders take note of this and begin to diversify the economy. The UAE decided to transform dubai into a must-go in tourism in anticipation of when their reserves run out in 2016. I guess our leaders don't really conceive that we would ever run out of the black gold.

I believe it will first hit Nigeria when UAE runs out of oil and gas in 2016 as predicted. The good thing is they've built an alternative; tourism.

To add insult to Injury shocked. I think scenarios like this are needed to push nigeria back to the drawing board, but I just hope our leaders are proactive about this to prevent total break down of law and order. embarassed
Re: US Cuts Demand For Nigerian Crude by ballabriggs: 12:01pm On May 28, 2012
oyb: i was reading about fracking in the economist

not exactly the same article, but. . .

http://www.economist.com/node/21540256

long and short of it, there seems to be a serious abundance of gas as a source of energy

who knows we may even see a preponderance of gas powered cars

our bigger customers are going out the window. . .

My Oga, you do realise this is a violation of the Economists intellectual property rights? The Economist operates a subscription policy for their articles and it is inappropriate that you share such with that yob ranting all over this thread. Please take it down.
Re: US Cuts Demand For Nigerian Crude by Nobody: 12:06pm On May 28, 2012
Mr. Globe:
Wahala dey oh. Everything in Nigeria is falling apart. GEJ is heavy badluck to the country. Very soon I will what the Niger delta people claim to fame will be. Why not divide this nation let everybody manage their resources

Mr Globe, u have a point! However, we mustn't divide 4 states n communities 2 be major players in d management of their assets n resources! We need a brave president 2 decentralize power n resource control and entrench True Federalism.
Re: US Cuts Demand For Nigerian Crude by NAJALYN: 12:06pm On May 28, 2012
Whatever happened to agriculture? It used to be the mainstay of our economy. The groundnut piramids have disappeared. We have plaid down on production of cocoa, cotton, rubber, etc. with the advent of oil. The sensible thing to do in order to salvage the situation is to add to oil production, large scale agriculture, and any other thing to help our economy.
Re: US Cuts Demand For Nigerian Crude by webbaba: 12:11pm On May 28, 2012
cashcpt: When America wants to arrange regime change or total change in the power dynamics of a country they start by reducing or stopping trade with that country it happened in Gadaffi's Libya and Saddam's Iraq. Their State Department then goes on to castigate everything abt the target country in a similar format to d official statements dat were released just last week where Jonathan the Ministers the Nigeria Police EFCC and Legislators were indicted for gross corruption amidst other sins. Nigeria is over you guys can forget abt 2015 the violent and messy disintegration starts in d 2nd half of 2012. There wld be much shedding of blood

WHICH WILL INCLUDE YOUR OWN ABI?
Re: US Cuts Demand For Nigerian Crude by Nobody: 12:12pm On May 28, 2012
Beaf: Its no surprise when Nigerian "engineers" cannot even scale up simple solar processes (they know themselves).
It is good for America to divest from our oil business for a thousand and one reasons from our attainning a truly federal state to diversifying away from oil. Maybe all awuf takers will now begin to sit up and rethink our entire Abuja awuf culture.

For the first time!! Beaf makes a point without bias! Am impressed n I agree with u totally!
Re: US Cuts Demand For Nigerian Crude by Nobody: 12:19pm On May 28, 2012
HNosegbe: Yet another reason why we must move to break free from dependence on oil.

Please read my article on the Guardian on this issue: http://www.guardiannewsngr.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=82167:-a-practical-approach-to-breaking-the-resource-curse&catid=67:you-report-lagos&Itemid=583

They won't LISTEN, U won't OCCUPY!! u will allow them back in 2015, the cycle will continue!
Re: US Cuts Demand For Nigerian Crude by muteEcho: 12:26pm On May 28, 2012
The beginning of the end. Nigerian mentality, a system has to stop working completely before another system is thought of or implemented. Lots of heavy weights in the world don't even produce a drop of oil, yet they bask in wealth. Let's hope we don't learn from a bitter experience caused by our negligence of the none oil sectors.
Re: US Cuts Demand For Nigerian Crude by Nobody: 12:32pm On May 28, 2012
And who is begging them to buy? The earlier they start buying from reliable sources, the better for them.
This will help to push the price of oil down.
Low oil prices mean an unsustainable country translating to turmoil and then a revolution!
Or maybe the rest of the country will suddenly realise they don't have much use for the niger delta and cut them off. cool
The US should know it's their high demand for oil from unreliable sources that is keeping it's price up.
Re: US Cuts Demand For Nigerian Crude by Donmeca(m): 12:43pm On May 28, 2012
We are d world and whatever we make of it. I won't buy any conspiracy on this at all. The truth is that Nigeria is very unstable and very far also for competitive importation, refining and sales. If u doubt it, check Canada. So every biz man will surely want to minimise cost and maximize profit...not to talk of constancy of supply, and this is where stability comes in. Shell keeps declaring force majure on some fields every month yle oil thieves in d delta are busy bunkering one-fifth of our productions...is that how to ensure constant supply? China and India too can never cough out what d US pays for light crude...given d distance again. So i will have no hard feelings if US says no more Nigerian crude. I will rather be thinking about d next BIG BAN.G: Tourism and Hospitality? Agriculture? Real estate? Banking? Education? This will help make politics unattractive and "Politician" will seize to be someone's Occupation.
Re: US Cuts Demand For Nigerian Crude by purplekayc(m): 1:50pm On May 28, 2012
Trouble shocked
Re: US Cuts Demand For Nigerian Crude by 2sexy(m): 1:50pm On May 28, 2012
haka_nai: Apart form the USA internal dimension,The issue of insecurity around oil producing countries and route.The USA is turning to the Americas,especially Canada for oil.Since Canada is expanding her ability to explore and export her tar-sand oil to her neighbor USA.The ease,security and proximity will go along away in changing the equation to travel to trouble zones(middle east,Africa etc) for oil.

lol... Further comfirmation why I would travel to Canada in 2013 to build my career as a Petroleum Engineer.

Wow... Man, its good to see the future from the present. VISION koro koro.
Re: US Cuts Demand For Nigerian Crude by debosky(m): 1:59pm On May 28, 2012
The key here is to begin to develop long-term relationships with Asian consumers. Oil consumption in the West is going to fall/remain flat in the medium term, and will be lower in the short term while economic growth struggles.

The loss of profit is an issue though, but we may be able to counter that by increasing production. A forward looking government would ensure that issues on shut in onshore fields like the Ogoni get resolved swiftly so such easily accessible resources can be brought into production.

There might also be a price spike when Iran's sanctions kick in later this year, which may help restore any profits lost on reduced US trade.

This affects more than oil though - the abundant shale gas reserves in the US may alos have affected some of our LNG exports as well. Given that the US is now in the process of planning/building LNG export facilities, our traditional markets in Europe may be threatened as well. I wonder how viable the likes of Brass LNG and Olokola LNG will be now given these changing market dynamics.
Re: US Cuts Demand For Nigerian Crude by linearity: 2:02pm On May 28, 2012
CyberG: ^^ Both of you are missing something: the exports to Asia would be at reduced profit to compensate for the longer distance required to transport the oil. Plus, the Chinese are guaranteed to want anything and everything for rock-bottom cheap prices!

The reduced profit here is only affecting reduced bribery in the pockets of the Nigeria cabal; I am yet to see how this will affect the ordinary Nigeria citizen.
Re: US Cuts Demand For Nigerian Crude by Bawss1(m): 2:02pm On May 28, 2012
ballabriggs:

My Oga, you do realise this is a violation of the Economists intellectual property rights? The Economist operates a subscription policy for their articles and it is inappropriate that you share such with that yob ranting all over this thread. Please take it down.

The Economist offers registered readers access to 10 free articles per week. Besides many of their articles are available via Facebook so any talk of copyright violation here is baseless.

Besides how else are claims to be backed up or verified if one isn't supposed to link to articles?

Abegi
Re: US Cuts Demand For Nigerian Crude by velo10: 2:05pm On May 28, 2012
We need to reduce our over-dependence on oil.
Re: US Cuts Demand For Nigerian Crude by Naijamericana: 3:11pm On May 28, 2012
texazzpete:

Nigeria is losing the United States as its biggest oil customer amid surging output and refinery closures in North America, prompting Africa’s top producer to ship its crude twice the distance to Asia.
U.S purchases of Nigerian crude fell to a five-year low in February, knocking the OPEC member to sixth from fifth among suppliers to the world’s largest oil consumer, Energy Department data show, Bloomberg reports.
To offset the trend, the country is sending cargoes to Asia, where refiners are set to increase imports in June to the highest in a year, according to data compiled by Bloomberg.
Qua Iboe, a light oil that’s Nigeria’s most abundant grade, slumped to an 18-month low in April as buyers in Asia that typically use cheaper, heavier crudes, demanded price cuts to cover the cost of shipping it halfway around the world.
The voyage from the Bonny Terminal in Nigeria to Tianjin, China, is 12,172 miles, compared with 5,847 miles to New York Harbour.
“It’s a very plausible scenario that one day the U.S won’t need to import crude oil from Nigeria,” said Olivier Jakob, managing director at Petromatrix, a Zug, Switzerland-based consultant. “The U.S is awash with light crude. Nigerian crude may need to be priced at a discount to go to new markets in Asia.”
Boosted by drilling in shale-rock formations such as North Dakota’s Bakken and Texas’ Eagle Ford, crude production in the U.S rose to 6.24 million barrels a day in the week ended May 18, the highest level since 1999, government data show. The country’s Nigerian oil imports fell to 352,000 barrels a day in February, about a third of the amount purchased a year earlier, according to the Energy Department.
Refiners are closing plants on the U.S East Coast, the main destination for Nigerian exports, amid falling returns. Sunoco idled the 194,000-barrel-a-day Marcus Hook plant in Pennsylvania on December 1.
The company also said it would decide by July whether to halt production at its 355,000-barrel-a-day Philadelphia plant. ConocoPhillips stopped its 190,000-barrel-a-day Trainer, Pa., site on September 30. The facilities together account for half of East Coast processing capacity.

“The U.S. is losing its position as a lead buyer of Nigerian crude,” said David Wech, an analyst at JBC Energy in Vienna.
The slide in Nigeria’s status as a U.S. supplier marks the decline of a relationship that dates from 1961, when Texaco Overseas began operations in the African producer. The country kept up exports to the U.S even as attacks by militant groups in the Niger Delta cut output by more than 28 per cent from 2006 to 2009.
Reduced U.S demand still hasn’t curtailed Nigeria’s exports. Crude and condensate sales are on course to rise to 2.27 million barrels a day next month, close to their highest level in 10 months, according to loading programs obtained by Bloomberg News.
Demand for Nigeria’s oil may also be supported by South Africa as it seeks replacement sources amid international sanctions against Iran.

http://www.punchng.com/news/u-s-cuts-demand-for-nigerias-crude/

Nigeria's one-speed economy of oil reliance is precarious at best. If China's economy declines, we will really be in deep doo-doo.
Re: US Cuts Demand For Nigerian Crude by tempest01(m): 4:11pm On May 28, 2012
They are just trying to get south africa from buying from Iran and shifting focus to nigeria....now nigeria has to find demand, and the demand will be from southafrica.
Re: US Cuts Demand For Nigerian Crude by lauyanAbuja: 4:26pm On May 28, 2012
Looters are in trouble!
Re: US Cuts Demand For Nigerian Crude by benlay(m): 4:27pm On May 28, 2012
It's so pathetic where Nigeria will soon find heerself, I was in Dubai & Abu Dhabi just three weeks ago, you need to see what UAE has been able to achieve with their 'oil money', they have invested so much in Tourism and Hospitality and other sectors, they are even making so much money from that;
check these out, Tallest building in the World, Biggest acquarium in the world, First 7 star hotel in the world, 5 star Emirates airlines, biggest shopping mall in the world, Sunset Safari, the biggest/tallest standing hotel in the world, the tallest residential building in the world etc. People pay money to see and visit these places. I think the US might be right, the State called Nigeria will be history by 2015
Nigeria has not invested all the proceeds from oil on anything but stealing & corruption. People still think we should stay as one country, i don't think so
Re: US Cuts Demand For Nigerian Crude by PeterKbaba: 4:32pm On May 28, 2012
[b]I dont know why tribalism or favorism always robs us from real leader that can solve our problem.. rather people will vote for criminals and later start complaining .... its not about tribe , its about your brain and your leadership role. Watch the news and see the respect all nigerian governors gives to him. Why cnt we for once since the history of nigeria, vote for the most brilliant technocrat. The reason lagos as changed is because fashola does not add politics to lagos affairs, he as the passion to make a difference in history and he already as..... NIGERIANS PLS FOR GOD SAKE, FORGET ALL THIS IS NOT IGBO OR HAUSA ETC... WE NEED TO COME TO THE REALITY THAT NIGERIA WILL ONLY BE RULED BY A TRIBE ONE AT A TIME, THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IS WHO CAN DO THE JOB. I CAN SWEAR WITH ANYTHING IN MY POSSESSION, IF FASHOLA BECOMES PRESIDENT COME 2015, IN 4 YEARS, YOU WILL SEE THE WHOLE WORLD FLOCKING TO NIGERIA. MOST OF THE EUROPIANS AND US ARE VERY RELUCTANT TO INVEST IN NIGERIA, BECAUSE THEY HAVE ALL THE RECORDS OF MOST OF THIS PDP POLITICIANS... IT'S COMMON SENSE, IF THE DO BUSINESS WITH A PDP GOVERNMENT, IT WOULD TAINT THEIR IMAGE... THEY WILL NOT TELL US THIS, CAUSE THEY ARE TRYING TO RESPECT OUR SOVEREIGNTY. YOU WILL WONDER HOW THE BRITISH GOVERNMENT HAVE ALL THE INFORMATION SINCE 1995 OF IBORI, IT TOOK THEM ONLY 6 MONTHS TO PILE OF HIS CORRUPTION FILE...PLS GO TO http://www.tundefashola.com/ YOU NEED TO SEE HOW TOP FOREIGN COUNTRIES ARE ALWAYS COMING SECRETLY FOR BUSINESS PROPOSALS IN LAGOS... THIS GUY IS THE BEST THAT CAN HAPPEN TO NIGERIA RIGHT NOW... LETS BE SINCERE, EVEN AWOLOWO DOES NOT COME CLOSE, INTERMS OF INVESTMENT. PLS FOR GOD SAKE, LETS VOTE OUT PDP FOR ONCE SINCE 1960, IF ABACHA WAS ALIVE , HE WOULD BE A PDP MEMBER JUST LIKE ALL THE TOP MILITARY GENERAL (IBB, ABDUSALAM, SHONEKAN, OBASANJO, ATIKU, CHIROMA, GOWON ETC) ARE ALL DICTATING TO ANY PRESIDENT THAT COMES OUT FROM PDP.

NIGERIANS WILL FOREVER BE IN CORUPTION, BECAUSE YOU NEED TO KEEP PEOPLE MORE CORRUPT TO COVER UP CORRUPTION.. I DEY GO SLEEP....... IGBOS, YOU NEED TO REALIZE THAT WE IN THE SOUTH ESPECIALLY ARE ALL 1, I MEAN 1... EVEN CHECK YOU MAP AND SEE THE RIVER NIGER AND BENUE... WE YORUBAS TAKE YOU AS BROTHERS... THAT IS WHY WE VOTED FOR JONATHAN.

FASHOLA AS BEEN INVITED BY COUNTRIES LIKE USA , ENGLAND, MALASIA, AUSTRALIA, CANADA, JAPAN ETC FOR SEMINARS AND TO GIVE PRESENTATION SPEECHES... ALL THIS COUNTRIES WILL ONLY CONTINUE TO LAUGH AT US... WE NEED TO REALIZE THAT WE CAN NEVER DIVID.. LOOK AT EUROPE, THE ARE ALL COMING TOGETHER.. WHY, BECAUSE YOU POPULATION DETERMINES YOUR ECONOMICAL RESPECT... THE WEST ARE HAPPY, THEY KNOW WE WILL CONTINUE TO LIVE IN POVERTY , BECAUSE WE WILL ALWAYS SEE OURSELVES AS ENEMIES... THIS IS TO THEIR ADVANTAGE. GOD I DONT KNOW WHAT ELSE TO SAY.

(Report Post) (Modify Post) (Quote Post) 2 Likes
Politics / Re: Lagos Set To Begin Second Light Rail Project by PeterKbaba: 1:45am
God bless you... I dont know why tribalism or favorism always robs us from real leader that can solve our problem.. rather people will vote for criminals and later start complaining .... its not about tribe , its about your brain and your leadership role. Watch the news and see the respect all nigerian governors gives to him. Why cnt we for once since the history of nigeria, vote for the most brilliant technocrat. The reason lagos as changed is because fashola does not add politics to lagos affairs, he as the passion to make a difference in history and he already as..... NIGERIANS PLS FOR GOD SAKE, FORGET ALL THIS IS NOT IGBO OR HAUSA ETC... WE NEED TO COME TO THE REALITY THAT NIGERIA WILL ONLY BE RULED BY A TRIBE ONE AT A TIME, THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IS WHO CAN DO THE JOB. I CAN SWEAR WITH ANYTHING IN MY POSSESSION, IF FASHOLA BECOMES PRESIDENT COME 2015, IN 4 YEARS, YOU WILL SEE THE WHOLE WORLD FLOCKING TO NIGERIA. MOST OF THE EUROPIANS AND US ARE VERY RELUCTANT TO INVEST IN NIGERIA, BECAUSE THEY HAVE ALL THE RECORDS OF MOST OF THIS PDP POLITICIANS... IT'S COMMON SENSE, IF THE DO BUSINESS WITH A PDP GOVERNMENT, IT WOULD TAINT THEIR IMAGE... THEY WILL NOT TELL US THIS, CAUSE THEY ARE TRYING TO RESPECT OUR SOVEREIGNTY. YOU WILL WONDER HOW THE BRITISH GOVERNMENT HAVE ALL THE INFORMATION SINCE 1995 OF IBORI, IT TOOK THEM ONLY 6 MONTHS TO PILE OF HIS CORRUPTION FILE...PLS GO TO http://www.tundefashola.com/ YOU NEED TO SEE HOW TOP FOREIGN COUNTRIES ARE ALWAYS COMING SECRETLY FOR BUSINESS PROPOSALS IN LAGOS... THIS GUY IS THE BEST THAT CAN HAPPEN TO NIGERIA RIGHT NOW... LETS BE SINCERE, EVEN AWOLOWO DOES NOT COME CLOSE, INTERMS OF INVESTMENT. PLS FOR GOD SAKE, LETS VOTE OUT PDP FOR ONCE SINCE 1960, IF ABACHA WAS ALIVE , HE WOULD BE A PDP MEMBER JUST LIKE ALL THE TOP MILITARY GENERAL (IBB, ABDUSALAM, SHONEKAN, OBASANJO, ATIKU, CHIROMA, GOWON ETC) ARE ALL DICTATING TO ANY PRESIDENT THAT COMES OUT FROM PDP.

NIGERIANS WILL FOREVER BE IN CORUPTION, BECAUSE YOU NEED TO KEEP PEOPLE MORE CORRUPT TO COVER UP CORRUPTION.. I DEY GO SLEEP....... IGBOS, YOU NEED TO REALIZE THAT WE IN THE SOUTH ESPECIALLY ARE ALL 1, I MEAN 1... EVEN CHECK YOU MAP AND SEE THE RIVER NIGER AND BENUE... WE YORUBAS TAKE YOU AS BROTHERS... THAT IS WHY WE VOTED FOR JONATHAN.

FASHOLA AS BEEN INVITED BY COUNTRIES LIKE USA , ENGLAND, MALASIA, AUSTRALIA, CANADA, JAPAN ETC FOR SEMINARS AND TO GIVE PRESENTATION SPEECHES... ALL THIS COUNTRIES WILL ONLY CONTINUE TO LAUGH AT US... WE NEED TO REALIZE THAT WE CAN NEVER DIVID.. LOOK AT EUROPE, THE ARE ALL COMING TOGETHER.. WHY, BECAUSE YOU POPULATION DETERMINES YOUR ECONOMICAL RESPECT... THE WEST ARE HAPPY, THEY KNOW WE WILL CONTINUE TO LIVE IN POVERTY , BECAUSE WE WILL ALWAYS SEE OURSELVES AS ENEMIES... THIS IS TO THEIR ADVANTAGE. GOD I DONT KNOW WHAT ELSE TO SAY.[/b]
Re: US Cuts Demand For Nigerian Crude by AjanleKoko: 4:32pm On May 28, 2012
debosky: The key here is to begin to develop long-term relationships with Asian consumers. Oil consumption in the West is going to fall/remain flat in the medium term, and will be lower in the short term while economic growth struggles.

The loss of profit is an issue though, but we may be able to counter that by increasing production. A forward looking government would ensure that issues on shut in onshore fields like the Ogoni get resolved swiftly so such easily accessible resources can be brought into production.

There might also be a price spike when Iran's sanctions kick in later this year, which may help restore any profits lost on reduced US trade.

This affects more than oil though - the abundant shale gas reserves in the US may alos have affected some of our LNG exports as well. Given that the US is now in the process of planning/building LNG export facilities, our traditional markets in Europe may be threatened as well. I wonder how viable the likes of Brass LNG and Olokola LNG will be now given these changing market dynamics.

Good info, thanks.
Of particular value is the information passed across in the bolded. OKLNG seems to have gone on ice, with BG famously backing out in 2011. Brass LNG project seems to have slowed down as well, ConocoPhillips divested some of its holding, while NNPC is dithering on the FID (now pushed back to Q4 2012).

People should brace up for severe austerity in NG in the coming years.

BG
Re: US Cuts Demand For Nigerian Crude by debosky(m): 5:04pm On May 28, 2012
^^

Not sure about severe austerity. . . .many will argue they didn't feel the impact of high oil prices, so they (think) won't feel the impact of lower prices/revenue.

The truth as they say will be in the eating. Speaking about eating, the real issue is whether those robbing us blind will adjust their stealing in line with reduced revenue or will they continue like the cash will never run out. . .
Re: US Cuts Demand For Nigerian Crude by AjanleKoko: 5:13pm On May 28, 2012
debosky: ^^

Not sure about severe austerity. . . .many will argue they didn't feel the impact of high oil prices, so they (think) won't feel the impact of lower prices/revenue.

The truth as they say will be in the eating. Speaking about eating, the real issue is whether those robbing us blind will adjust their stealing in line with reduced revenue or will they continue like the cash will never run out. . .

More likely to be the bolded grin

As per austerity, I am referring to price hikes on basic utilities, taxes, interest rates on loans, decline in social infrastructure, etc.
Essentially they'll pass the costs of running government down to us hapless citizens embarassed
Re: US Cuts Demand For Nigerian Crude by DaLover(m): 5:59pm On May 28, 2012
texazzpete: Also of note...many refineries are closing down in the US because of low profit margins or sustained losses.

I remember telling many of the folks on NL here that the stories from the FG that Nigeria would soon be awash with companies desperate to build refineries were just plain lies! Not many believed me. Na wa!
So where does the world get its refined products from?

Apart from laziness, why else do we need to export raw materials? when we should be thinking of adding value to the society by refining and processing 100% of our production, some others are talking about how the oil can be used for awuf purposes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

See Photos Of Corpses Army Recovered During Search Of Dead Body Of Major Alkali / 194 Eminent Elders Declare.......north Prepared For SNC / 8 Killed, 8 Injured In Anambra Auto Crash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.