Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,403 members, 7,812,185 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:44 AM

Is This Democracy Day Worth Celebrating In Nigeria? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is This Democracy Day Worth Celebrating In Nigeria? (4728 Views)

APC Celebrating In Benin While Nigerians Are Crying (Pictures) / Is Democracy Worth Celebrating In Nigeria? / Let’s Crash This Democracy – Pat Utomi • Nigeria Is Dying (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This Democracy Day Worth Celebrating In Nigeria? by degamonn: 9:25am On May 28, 2012
NLanders,
What really do we celebrate in Nig.every 29th of May since 1999? Poverty, corruption, underdevelopment etc. To those who currently benefit in 1 form or the other, directly or indirectly, they may criticise my positn but growth nd development takes place when everybody benefit from the syst.
As far as I am concern,Millitary rule is the best syst. for Nig nd let them stop wasting our money on the so called democracy.
Re: Is This Democracy Day Worth Celebrating In Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:54pm On May 28, 2012
It is worth celebrating. The government hasn't done much but trade and business is booming. Democracy should be celebrated.
Re: Is This Democracy Day Worth Celebrating In Nigeria? by ztar(m): 12:59pm On May 28, 2012
it should be observed not celebrated..not with the state of things in this country...but personnally...yeah..its my birthday..
Re: Is This Democracy Day Worth Celebrating In Nigeria? by lifestyle1(m): 12:59pm On May 28, 2012
I think you should frist define what Democracy is...
Re: Is This Democracy Day Worth Celebrating In Nigeria? by ebamma(m): 1:01pm On May 28, 2012
it think the should rename it to chop our money day
Re: Is This Democracy Day Worth Celebrating In Nigeria? by jossysage: 1:03pm On May 28, 2012
So funny, spending money on dead system. Democracy is 419. They use this Democracy to rub us. But I dey happy for Holiday.
Re: Is This Democracy Day Worth Celebrating In Nigeria? by ZUBY77(m): 1:03pm On May 28, 2012
Please what is democracy?
My people are not among the looters. PDP selects who wins, so i dont yet see any democracy in this country.
Re: Is This Democracy Day Worth Celebrating In Nigeria? by zangiff(m): 1:17pm On May 28, 2012
nothing to celebrate cuz naija has achieved nothing but overpopulation
Re: Is This Democracy Day Worth Celebrating In Nigeria? by miteolu(m): 1:17pm On May 28, 2012
[quote author=ZUBY77]Please what is democracy?
My people are not among the looters. PDP selects who wins, so i dont yet see any democracy in this country.[/quot
You no go school or u just dey come form iraq. Democracy means demostration of craziness by the government of crazy people.
Re: Is This Democracy Day Worth Celebrating In Nigeria? by Muriwest(m): 1:22pm On May 28, 2012
celebrating democracy day a.k.a. 'dem dey craze day' in my opinion is a waste of tym n valuable resources, bcs wot do our leaders av 2 show 4 all d tym spent so far and all d resources they av at their disposal, ntn bt scams. stories of hw public funds are been looted day in day out, and stil yet they wld amke us believe dat they are out 2 fight coruption. they say a fool at forty is a fool 4eva. so wot abt a fool at 52; dis is very pathetic, a 52 yr old who cnt walk on his 2feets bt stl crawling on his 4 limbs. may God help dis our dear country called Nigeria... Ameeeeeen oooo
Re: Is This Democracy Day Worth Celebrating In Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:36pm On May 28, 2012
Is there democracy in Nigeria?? shocked
Re: Is This Democracy Day Worth Celebrating In Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:54pm On May 28, 2012
ztar: it should be [b]observed[/b]not celebrated..not with the state of things in this country...but personnally...yeah..its my birthday..
That's a more appropriate word.
Re: Is This Democracy Day Worth Celebrating In Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:00pm On May 28, 2012
It should be celebrated; because if not for democracy, all of you who abuse government won't be able to do so cos you would have been dead by now!
To the person saying military rule is better, ok I have to believe that during military u were just a month old or you were not even born then. Smh
Re: Is This Democracy Day Worth Celebrating In Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:02pm On May 28, 2012
It should be celebrated; because if not for democracy, all of you who abuse government won't be able to do so cos you would have been dead by now!
To the person saying military rule is better, ok I have to believe that during military u were just a month old or you were not even born then. Smh
Re: Is This Democracy Day Worth Celebrating In Nigeria? by velo10: 2:07pm On May 28, 2012
Untill we start getting the at least half the dividends of democracy, then we can treasure that day
Re: Is This Democracy Day Worth Celebrating In Nigeria? by ismhab(m): 2:10pm On May 28, 2012
YES, IT IS A DAY TO CELEBRATE THE BIG LOOTERS OF THIS COUNTRY AND A DAY TO FIND THE BIGGEST LOOTER THAT SUCK AND DRY OUR BELOVED COUNTRY.
Re: Is This Democracy Day Worth Celebrating In Nigeria? by degamonn: 2:51pm On May 28, 2012
life_style: I think you should frist define what Democracy is...
it is not a govt of some pple, by some pple nd for some pple.but that is what we have in Nig. Today.
Re: Is This Democracy Day Worth Celebrating In Nigeria? by mclean(m): 3:06pm On May 28, 2012
Those of u saying we have freedom of speech, can you please answer this simple questions
1. What is freedom of speech if our leaders don't listen?
2. What is freedom of speech if the average Nigerian cannot eat two square meal per day?
3. What is freedom of speech when our leaders loot with impunity?
4. What is freedom of speech when our health and educational system are in a constant state of retrogression?
5. What is freedom of speech when the majority of our youths willing and able to work are jobless?
6. What is freedom of speech when our industries are dying as a result of epileptic power supply and decaying infrastructure?
I humbly ask again what is freedom of speech?

2 Likes

Re: Is This Democracy Day Worth Celebrating In Nigeria? by cowgurl: 3:10pm On May 28, 2012
Worth celebrating? I laugh in democracy. Am glad it's my friend's birthday on same day, I ain't gat tym 4 sh[b]i[/b]t.
Re: Is This Democracy Day Worth Celebrating In Nigeria? by SpiritofOkija(m): 4:16pm On May 28, 2012
It is worth celebrating!!

We may not be at the promise land right now, but best believe we have come a long way since the Military days.. Mobile phones, increase in the middle class population, real estate boom, infrastructural developments (to a certain degree) and certain freedom and liberties..

In my opinion, we are on the right track, only moving slowly..
Re: Is This Democracy Day Worth Celebrating In Nigeria? by nijanigga: 4:22pm On May 28, 2012
There are probably more goats and sheep in this country,than humans.White man will say,this is not the kind of democracy we advertised. We thought,these black monkies have cut their tails,but we are wrong.
Re: Is This Democracy Day Worth Celebrating In Nigeria? by LogicMind: 4:35pm On May 28, 2012
nijanigga: There are probably more goats and sheep in this country,than humans.White man will say,this is not the kind of democracy we advertised. We thought,these black monkies have cut their tails,but we are wrong.

why would i cut my tail because oyibo go think?
Re: Is This Democracy Day Worth Celebrating In Nigeria? by Kobojunkie: 4:45pm On May 28, 2012
@Poster, the Water Cistern system has been in use for well over 2000 years(since the days of the Romans) but it sure ain't the reason why people still defecate in public and most every where Nigeria today.

Democracy ought to be celebrated . . . it has also been practiced since before the time of the Romans(again over 2000 years ago), and it is certainly not the reason why Nigerians REFUSE to take advantage of the power available to them daily.
If you are looking for something to blame for the woes in Nigeria today, it ain't democracy. Celebrate Democracy and look for your problems elsewhere.
Re: Is This Democracy Day Worth Celebrating In Nigeria? by Delafruita(m): 5:16pm On May 28, 2012
speedyboi:
you need urgent psychoanalysis.
Re: Is This Democracy Day Worth Celebrating In Nigeria? by Camola(m): 5:38pm On May 28, 2012
Democracy in Nigeria is the government ruled and controlled by some minority people. So democracy day is worthy of celebrating by minority people in Nigeria not all Nigerians.
Re: Is This Democracy Day Worth Celebrating In Nigeria? by Kobojunkie: 5:45pm On May 28, 2012
Camola: Democracy in Nigeria is the government ruled and controlled by some minority people. So democracy day is worthy of celebrating by minority people in Nigeria not all Nigerians.

Na lie! What they use to control you is not democracy but the usual Nigerian wuru-wuru. Democrazy however is still seating on the side waiting for people like you to use it to take back control.
Re: Is This Democracy Day Worth Celebrating In Nigeria? by Johnny(m): 7:24pm On May 28, 2012
The day is called “democracy day“ and not “development day“ and since we still have democracy in place,the day is worth celebrating....
Re: Is This Democracy Day Worth Celebrating In Nigeria? by NEROSKY(m): 8:19pm On May 28, 2012
No,is a day to celebrates jonatif hike in fuel price..
If 33 governors,1 presido n all the excuthives nd Legislathive dies dat day,i will do bank loan 2buy cow to celebrate their death not democrazy day..
4k politician.....
Re: Is This Democracy Day Worth Celebrating In Nigeria? by otokx(m): 9:19pm On May 28, 2012
well in everything give thanks - 3 weeks now no electricity in my area of port harcourt which includes the federal university.
Re: Is This Democracy Day Worth Celebrating In Nigeria? by priapus(m): 9:29pm On May 28, 2012
There is sooo much to celebrate as nigerians. being alive to witness democracy @ 12 in Nigeria is one of them. i must tell you all that the dark days are over, even though it appears bleak from your view point. but from my point i see Nigeria as a great nation who will come out of our current challenges and brace up for a better tomorrow. The dark days are over, even when NEPA or PHCN is not functioning @ its fullest, in spite of all the promises. the dark days are over even though the security challenges we are currently facing may seem like plunging us in the abyss of fear and frustration. the dark days are over even though our police men who are suppose to protect life and properties have turned themselves to armed robbers whom we all dread and fear. the dark days are over even as corruption, indiscipline and greed has become the other of the day, especially those @ the corridors of power. the dark days are over.
i believe in the Nigerian dream. we are matching forward though the journey may seem slow, but we will surely get there. it may not be in my generation or yours, but i pray that my grandchildren will meet a better and greater Nigeria.
GOD BLESS NIGERIA. smiley

1 Like

Re: Is This Democracy Day Worth Celebrating In Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:34am On May 29, 2012
Delafruita: you need urgent psychoanalysis.

sorry, but how old are you?
Please I hate Juveniles quoting me. Smh
Re: Is This Democracy Day Worth Celebrating In Nigeria? by brabus(m): 1:39am On May 29, 2012
Politics without Democracy = Democracy without Dividends

(1) (2) (Reply)

PHOTOS: Prof. Dora Nkem Akunyili Arrives Awka / What Is The English Word For "Yinmu"? / Who Is The Worst Governor In Nigeria Presently In Power?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.