Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,537 members, 7,840,261 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 07:48 PM

NEPA: No More Black- Out 1986 - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NEPA: No More Black- Out 1986 (13122 Views)

Achebe And Soyinka At Dodan Barracks In 1986 To Beg IBB To Spare Vatsa / Photo:Late General Sani Abacha and MKO Abiola at an event in Lagos in Feb. 1986. / Dolapo Osinbajo With Obafemi & Hannah Awolowo, Her Maternal Grandparents In 1986 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEPA: No More Black- Out 1986 by pato405(m): 5:12pm On May 28, 2012
you guys misinterpreted the headline. what they meant was that from 1986 the progression retrogression starts till you'll eventually depend 100% on your 'better pas my neighbour'. grin grin grin
Re: NEPA: No More Black- Out 1986 by slimchimex(m): 5:13pm On May 28, 2012
ogbeche77:
Am even thinking we need a Chinese President, FEC, governors and local govt chairmen... Maybe that will do the magic..lollz
correct bro
Re: NEPA: No More Black- Out 1986 by Reference(m): 5:29pm On May 28, 2012
dianah: PHCN, Our Long Term Joke

I saw this in one of my BB groups, MileHigh Group (and No! its not what you are thinking) and it dawned on me that just like every other failed promises we have been getting , PHCN or NEPA has been a failed project for a very long time! We act like power generation is rocket science!Little wonder why we all think whoever gets us off this perpetual blackout in Nigeria will be a superhero. Obviously none of our leaders, past or present believes in superheroes, so why be something you dont even believe in?

It is amusing the way we keep creating future plans, never thinking the day will come when we have to give account for those promises we make, Our leaders do not even respect us enough to try, neither do they respect themselves enough to keep their own promises. Touche!

I recall a theme song for one of the "failed projects" when I was a kid:

[i]Join us, come with us

We are on our way

Education for all, by the year 2000 ( They never thought 2000 would come that fast.lol)

[/i]What a joke! It is 2012 and our education is still a joke, getting worse by the day. We create visions 2010, 2012, 2015, 2020 and of course no one even believes any of those crappy visions, because nothing is ever put in place!
Back to PHCN, am I the only one who noticed that the bills have doubled and the power supply is less? Can someone please shut down PHCN the way NITEL has been shut down, so we can have private coporations who know what power generation is about do their job? because seriously, whenever I have the misfortune of going to PHCN, It becomes even ,more apparent that they have no clue what they are doing.

PHCN/NEPA has been a long term joke, and no one is laughing anymore, so I guess it is about time we called in a new act, what do you think

www.dianahsplace.info
Twitter:@dianahsplace

Ma'am, when I say every day Nepa (yes Nepa) and NNPC remains in government hands is a curse to Nigeria is an understatement. Just imagine if Nitel was still alive.

I tell you, Barth Nnaji and his NIPP are just wasting our time and money. You cannot privatise an integrated system. No one will have and will ever buy Nitel. No one will buy Nepa. No one will buy your refineries except criminals.

If Murtala, Obj, Shagari, Buhari, IBB and others had the vision and integrity then to do what was ultimately inevitable, Nigeria will have gone much further.

But the worst thing is that we, ordinary Nigerians that have witnessed the failings of one regime after the other have continued to hang on and insist government remains in business.

Can you imagine if air transport, health care, shipping, fertilizer, construction, education were exclusively the preserve of government because they once were.
Re: NEPA: No More Black- Out 1986 by cashcpt(m): 6:19pm On May 28, 2012
Chinom:

You're very right, bro. The fools that blame GEJ for the problems of Nigeria are just being mischievious. The blame lies squarely on the shoulders of IBB, OBJ and Shagari. They had the best opportunity to solve most of our problems. Jonathan is on the right track. I believe he, Barth Nnaji, Okonjo-Iweala and Alison Madueke will give us power to a reasonable level. They need another 4 years too. So GEJ must run in 2015. IBB and OBJ deserve to be strangled.

Chinom u are a buffoon if not for Obj do u think anybody frm d SE or SS wld ever smell presidency? now u morons wld like to reward him wit strangulation for lifting up the heads of u ingraites. Mtcheeeew Ode o si, a rin fi ile igbe
Re: NEPA: No More Black- Out 1986 by member479760: 6:32pm On May 28, 2012
we will not get 24/7 power in this country in the next 100 yias, the wages of the energy professional laborers just too low to provide 24/7 light.

with the present situation of power generation one should expect the professional laborers in the power section to make as much as the medical doctors.

we are dying of heat, food and drugs contermination owning to lack of power to preserve our foods. wasting foods everyday owning to lack of power to preserve it. wasting hours to making food every day owning to lack of power.

50% of average naija person' life wasted owning to lack of power.
Re: NEPA: No More Black- Out 1986 by Nobody: 6:40pm On May 28, 2012
nakedall: we will not get 24/7 power in this country in the next 100 yias, the wages of the energy professional laborers just too low to provide 24/7 light.

with the present situation of power generation one should expect the professional laborers in the power section to make as much as the medical doctors.

we are dying of heat, food and drugs contermination owning to lack of power to preserve our foods. wasting foods everyday owning to lack of power to preserve it. wasting hours to making food every day owning to lack of power.

50% of average naija person' life wasted owning to lack of power.

True talk man. Going by our present situation, I don't see us having constant electricity in the next 30 years. And that will negatively affect all critical sectors of the economy - meaning: we'll still be in this mess for the next thirty years.
Re: NEPA: No More Black- Out 1986 by Vicjustice: 6:50pm On May 28, 2012
ifihearam: Foolish people will still put the blame on GEJ
This man inherited problems from 1960.

@op
Nigeria is a failed state in no particular order of the former presidents
I still believe that the only panacea to steady power supply is to first ban the importation of generator sets.
It will surprise you to know that our top leaders are major shareholders in these generator manufactring companies like Mukano.
Before this generator era, was there ever a time of power stability?
Re: NEPA: No More Black- Out 1986 by kemerific(m): 7:09pm On May 28, 2012
May God Help us All!!!
Re: NEPA: No More Black- Out 1986 by pixiechic(f): 7:11pm On May 28, 2012
Ah!. that is my mother looking at the camera;next to the man with the tall cap! grin
Re: NEPA: No More Black- Out 1986 by Jawondoasanni(m): 7:54pm On May 28, 2012
chuquiz: SELL NEPA(PHCN) TO THE CHINESE. TAKE AWAY ANY NIGERIAN FROM THE HELM OF ADMINISTRATION IN THE POWER SECTOR BY ANY MEANS NECESSARY AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS IN 8 WEEKS ACROSS EVERY TOWN,CITY IN THE FEDERATION.
what of the plan on ground?
Re: NEPA: No More Black- Out 1986 by WinkWrld: 9:41pm On May 28, 2012
FYI. I just had to copy their details.

Goodbye Power- Cuts Goodbye Noise.Goodbye Pollution.Goodbye Diesel/Petrol.Goodbye High-Cost.Goodbye Gensets.
A global leader in inverter technology. When Power goes off, our inverters inverters Kick-in
automatically, without the hustle of changeover. Inverters can save you money, because they do not require diesel and have very low maintenance requirements. for uninterrupted power supply,without air or noise pollution, choose Luminous inverters and bring home power....Today
SMooTHCLouds LTD: A Dealer and distributor in Luminous, Sukam and Yooshima inverters
Office: Shop 24, Mobolaji Plaza, ikota bridge, Lekki-Epe express way, Lagos

I have bought an inverter from this guys and trust me, i have had no-issues at all. Used for close to 2yrs now. I now have 24hrs electricity. But When buying, ensure you request for the user manual as it very important. Their batteries are branded and high quality. My spending on fuel dropped from 30K a month to less than 5K/month as i never have to use the generator. So Nairalanders, save some naira smiley
Re: NEPA: No More Black- Out 1986 by Nobody: 9:42pm On May 28, 2012
Nigeria was marked for destruction since the day she hosted that juju crap in our land "festac 77" and since then nothing works again, and everything seems to be falling out of place. we need to collectively come together and pray for Nigeria (not for only politicians) so that this nation can be cleansed, otherwise i' m afraid Nigeria might end up like babylon.........

NB: ONLY GOD CAN SAVE US
Re: NEPA: No More Black- Out 1986 by Abayomin70(m): 9:54pm On May 28, 2012
NIGERIA i just dont know wat to type
Re: NEPA: No More Black- Out 1986 by rapmike(m): 9:58pm On May 28, 2012
GUY ... u are on point
Re: NEPA: No More Black- Out 1986 by Goldieluks: 11:49pm On May 28, 2012
Oh dear, my fingers are frozen!
i tire for Nija.
Re: NEPA: No More Black- Out 1986 by member479760: 7:28am On May 29, 2012
ifihearam: Foolish people will still put the blame on GEJ
This man inherited problems from 1960.

@op
Nigeria is a failed state in no particular order of the former presidents
I still believe that the only panacea to steady power supply is to first ban the importation of generator sets.
It will surprise you to know that our top leaders are major shareholders in these generator manufactring companies like Mukano.

Just name one black country in this world that is not a failed state?
Re: NEPA: No More Black- Out 1986 by Murphy7h4: 8:14am On May 29, 2012
[img]http://www.50centloseweight.com[/img]
aieromon: Jonathan met the problem.Kindly tell me what he has done about it.
The scam will continue till we get our acts right and put an end to corruption.
It is amazing!
Re: NEPA: No More Black- Out 1986 by bashydemy(m): 8:35am On May 29, 2012
God Punish the Likes of Obasanjo, IBB, Buhari on this
Re: NEPA: No More Black- Out 1986 by Brite02(m): 9:00am On May 29, 2012
pato405: you guys misinterpreted the headline. what they meant was that from 1986 the progression retrogression starts till you'll eventually depend 100% on your 'better pas my neighbour'. grin grin grin
lmao grin grin smh grin grin naija i go beta cheesy
Re: NEPA: No More Black- Out 1986 by bodejohn(m): 9:35am On May 29, 2012
Part of the problem we have had in the power sector is lack of continuity. For those who know, power generation and distribution is not rocket science, even if you have the money the equipment used in generating power are 'long lead items' meaning it takes quite some time to manufacture and install them. El Rufai once said that all the power plants started during OBJ tenure were discontinued by the Yaradua administration immediately he got to power with any reason, while I am not holding brief for OBJ or condemning Yaradua, I am stressing the need for our agencies to be run on long time policies and not by the pulse of our politicians. Anytime a minister of power comes to give a three or six months deadline for improvement in power generation, I just can but laugh at their foolishness since power cannot be downloaded from the internet.
Finally, while I am not going to blame GEJ for the state of the power sector although he deserves a share of the blame because he has been in the corridors of power since the beginning of the fourth republic, he is creating more problems for successive governments as he is not putting structures in place for the development of the power sector by his in actions.
Re: NEPA: No More Black- Out 1986 by Nobody: 10:39am On May 29, 2012
Why include Buhari in this list? angry

Nigeria was working very well under Buhari, the NEPA problem occured under IBB and Obj.

I wish people would stop apportioning blame before they have done adequate research.

bashy_demy: God Punish the Likes of Obasanjo, IBB, Buhari on this

Reference:

If Murtala, Obj, Shagari, Buhari, IBB and others had the vision and integrity then to do what was ultimately inevitable, Nigeria will have gone much further.
Re: NEPA: No More Black- Out 1986 by Josydaky(f): 2:43pm On May 29, 2012
Not everywhere power supply is that bad. At least where i stay power supply is almost 24hrs
Re: NEPA: No More Black- Out 1986 by Nobody: 10:42pm On May 29, 2012
Chai! dem don dey package us tey tey
Re: NEPA: No More Black- Out 1986 by alex406(m): 2:29pm On May 30, 2012
apocalypse: Chai! dem don dey package us tey tey
Na today u know say some selfish people handed the country over to satan?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tinubu, Fayemi, Ikuforiji & Alake At Democratic Party Convention / Oyegun Meets Saraki, APC Senators For Reconciliation / 127 PDP Workers Reject Sheriff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.