Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,333 members, 7,819,146 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:57 AM

If Nigeria Broke Up, What Happens To The Debt? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If Nigeria Broke Up, What Happens To The Debt? (841 Views)

Nigeria Broke, Can’t Pay Ministers – Buhari / Nigeria Broke? No Money In The Federation Account - Fashola / Governors Are Running Nigeria Broke- Okonjo-iweala (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If Nigeria Broke Up, What Happens To The Debt? by Yewe2011(m): 10:38pm On May 28, 2012
If Nigeria were to disintegrate into 5 or 6 nation-states...what would happen with the national debt?

Would creditors just be out of luck?

Could this be one of the many reasons why the elites of the country are trying to force a unity that is not working?
Re: If Nigeria Broke Up, What Happens To The Debt? by Yewe2011(m): 10:40pm On May 28, 2012
just looked at Nigeria's credit rating

It seems to be "stable" (I'm assuming that's good)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_credit_rating
Re: If Nigeria Broke Up, What Happens To The Debt? by Nobody: 11:30pm On May 28, 2012
niger delta will pay, why? cos na only dem fit pay cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin tongue
Re: If Nigeria Broke Up, What Happens To The Debt? by Uche2008: 11:34pm On May 28, 2012
nobody collect debt from a dead man.
Re: If Nigeria Broke Up, What Happens To The Debt? by CyberG: 1:28am On May 29, 2012
Just look at wherever the so called leader who borrowed it is from: they will be 100% responsible.

Just kidding...LOL.
Re: If Nigeria Broke Up, What Happens To The Debt? by ibide(m): 8:07am On May 29, 2012
Our past leader's that borrow the money will pay for it
Re: If Nigeria Broke Up, What Happens To The Debt? by LogicMind: 8:18am On May 29, 2012
That is the debtor's problem. He should have thought well before investing in a risky volatile terrorist seccesionist backstabbing country.

Every loan is a risk. Nobody has lent me any money in anycase.

I have enough problem of my own at the moment to worry about the eventual debt problems of some creditors who are rich enough that they are currently writting off the trillions of dollars debt of Greece.
Re: If Nigeria Broke Up, What Happens To The Debt? by metro10: 10:33am On May 29, 2012
Bad debt, written off or pro rate to all new countries base on federal allocation quota before disintergration.
Nigeria should pls divide.

(1) (Reply)

Unilag Post UME 2012 / 2013 Exercise Date / Obi, Umeh, APGA And South East / House Of Reps Issue First Ever Presidential Summons Over Boko Haram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.