Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,846 members, 7,810,258 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:16 AM

I Never Gave Any Explanation For Rev. Akinola's Prayers- Abati - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Never Gave Any Explanation For Rev. Akinola's Prayers- Abati (546 Views)

Rev Akinola Begs And Pleads With GEJ To Say "Amen" To Corruption Curse,Refuses! / I Never Gave Any Explanation For Rev. Akinola's Prayers- Abati / Boko Haram Is Jihad On Christians - Rev Akinola (2) (3) (4)

(1)

I Never Gave Any Explanation For Rev. Akinola's Prayers- Abati by ikee(m): 12:09am On May 29, 2012
The story making the rounds on Presidential spokesman Reuben Abati's explanation on why President Jonathan allegedly did not say amen to a prayer on corruption given by the immediate past prelate of the Anglican church, Reverend Peter Akinola, is false. The site which carried that story is a parody site reputed for making jest of real issues in a bid to generate a laugh. It often passes these stories off as genuine news thereby fooling unsuspected members of the public.

NaijaPundit put a call to Reuben Abati to confirm if he had indeed issued the explanation and he responded thus "anybody who would believe such an unintelligent story only has himself to blame. I have a law degree, why would I say that there is a constitutional provision to limit the number of amend the President can say. That is down right stupid and I am surprised anybody would take that trash seriously. Moreover, I never spoke to any journalist on that matter this goes to show the level some bitter or disgruntled persons will sink to in order to cast the administration in bad light.

In the story, the site had said "Abuja– Spokesperson for President Jonathan Ebele Goodluck, Mr Reuben Abati, has responded to accusations that Jonathan and members of his cabal refused to say amen to at this weekend’s democracy day Church Service when the preacher offered a prayerful curse against corruption amongst public officials.

Speaking to reporters, Mr Abati revealed aspects of protocol that are not widely known outside Government circles, and which would explain why Mr President and ministers didn’t say Amen to the prayer by Most Reverend Peter Akinola, committing corrupt politicians to the court of God.

According to him, it is a long standing presidential protocol that during Church or Mosque services, the President only offers a fixed number of amens or amis, as the case may be.

The Reverend had offered many prayers and demanded many amens prior to the contentious one, Abati explained, the result of which was that the day’s quota of amens had been used up.

“Why?” asked the spokesperson, “would President not say amen to a prayer against corruption?”

He advised preachers, pastors, imams etc, to familiarise themselves with government protocol and to also limit the length of their prayers and sermons.

“It is the same people accusing the President of not saying amen to anti-corruption prayer that would be accusing him of favouritism if he had broken with protocol and said more amens than is allowed by constitution,” Abati said.
- http://www.naijapundit.com/news/abati-i-never-gave-any-explanation-for-rev-akinola-s-prayers

Re: I Never Gave Any Explanation For Rev. Akinola's Prayers- Abati by OAM4J: 1:42am On May 29, 2012

(1)

Mko Last Flight To Jbourg...unilag Or Maul / Towards Improved Governance In Abia State / Jonathan’s Brazil Trip, Abdication Of Duty — Reps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.