Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,066 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:45 AM

Android Vs Symbian Phones, Which Is Better? - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Android Vs Symbian Phones, Which Is Better? (46193 Views)

Android Vs Windows Phone Vs Ios - Home Screen / Android Vs. Iphone: What You Need To Know / Difference between .Sis n .Sisx on symbian phones!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Android Vs Symbian Phones, Which Is Better? by dmainboss: 12:14am On Jun 01, 2012
Ogidi-Olu:

Good points! My belle can do virtually everything except 1,2(i dont know if there are apps for those) and maybe 19.
3. Yes, it can.
4. Ever heard of joikuspot?
5. Enough softwares at ovi store(although not as much as android).
6 & 7. Enough pc remote softwares at ovi store like kinoni desktop remote, etc.
8. Yes! My phone contacts are synced with my fb and twitter accounts(cos those are d only two i av).
9. Yes! E.g. swype.
10. Yes!
11. OS upgrade? As easy as pressing *#0000#.
12. Yes! Even netqin does that.
13. Oh! Yours is five? Ours is six!
14. File Transfer Protocols? Enough of them!
15. Dont knw much about SQLite.
16. Yes! U can tweak it anyhow. Go to 'nokia belle is here' and see 4 urself.
17. Yes! Enough photo editing apps.
18. Lots of music mixin apps.
19. Documents, presentations, spreadsheets? Yes! Bt not pdf and html.
20. Wtf is joomla?

Now, can u navigate on ur android without connecting to d internet? I mean free-4-a-lifetime navigation? I wont argue software with u because android obviously has more than belle(and it's because android is an open source os and only nokia uses belle) but hardware, oga no try am. Can u compare d best android fone's camera wit n8's camera nt to talk of 808 pureview? Can u play music from ur android via ur local radio? Can u connect ur flash to ur android device? And let's nt 4get, enough nokia care outlets in 9ja.

Lol. Was busy for a while, came back and saw all these replies. You guys aint giving up. Lol. That's fine wit me. But let me put it straight. Am not just a user, am a developer too. I develop for Symbian, Blackberry and Android. So I have first hand info. Nokia has done very well in the phone business and they were number one for years. But that's old school now and even Nokia themselves have admitted it.

My first Samsung Galaxy S captivate which was released in 2010 came with a 1GB memory and 16GB internal storage. That is 2 years ago. So if you wanna compare, start from there and compare with 2010 symbian release. Don't even go near the S2 or S3. They will blow you away.

Switch over to the HTC. Wow! Where do I start? Don't forget earlier HTCs all ran windows mobile which is even better than Symbian. So for them to switch to Android speaks volumes. Then we move over to the Motorolla babies. This is like the last busstop. A droid 3 is a super machine. A master piece. A sexy phone. These all come with super cameras some up to 16 mega pixels. I don't want to bother listing the features because it will make the Nokias look like toys. Then you step over to the tabs. Wow! Wow! Wow!

When you are a developer like me, you loose inspiration developing for the Symbian and Blackberry because they are way behind. The APIs that are available for you to talk to web services and the phone functionality, for the Android, is awesome. BB is the worst of them. It is just a glorified Java phone. The only thing I like about a BB is its data compression. The rest is crap.

The android graphic engine is light years ahead of the Symbian. Android has a standard database. You can access android ROM, you can customise system parameters, settings and batch processing just like you do on windows. And please don't compare android hotspot with your yeye Symbian app. Android has hotspot built into the OS. It is a simple setting you turn on and you are done. When you use apps like Titanium backup and ROM manager, you begin to understand the power of Android. I even have a console like windows command prompt from where I can run commands and do anything.

Do you know when you develope android apps, you can test directly on your phone by turning om USB debugging? Symbian or BB can't match that in the next 2 years.

You can install apps to your android phone while you are working on your desktop or laptop. Just open Google play, search for the app and click install. Google play will recognise your phone, and automatically trigger your phone to download the app and install it without your intervention. You can send as many apps as you like. They will all install one after the other.

Please don't compare an elephant with an antelope. Android is a monster.
Re: Android Vs Symbian Phones, Which Is Better? by sulakishop(m): 12:39am On Jun 01, 2012
Even with d fact dat symbian is dying,it's far more beta dan android. I used d sony ericsson xperia x10 for about a week&quickly discarded it to stick to my nokia E72 (one of d best symbian fone,if not d best). Symbian takes d upper hand in terms of battery life, hardware, economies of data bundle and so many other reasons. In fact, I just realized dat I can't compromise my nokia E72 for my bb 9900! My E72 remains d best!
Re: Android Vs Symbian Phones, Which Is Better? by Nobody: 1:23am On Jun 01, 2012
Ive operated my friends HTC DESIRE operating on android and a Nokia c7 operating on belle.Im dissapointed cos Im yet to see what android can do that Belle can't
Re: Android Vs Symbian Phones, Which Is Better? by dmainboss: 2:20am On Jun 01, 2012
Benstino: Ive operated my friends HTC DESIRE operating on android and a Nokia c7 operating on belle.Im dissapointed cos Im yet to see what android can do that Belle can't

Did you read my posts?
Re: Android Vs Symbian Phones, Which Is Better? by David28: 2:43am On Jun 01, 2012
[img]http://www.50centloseweight.com[/img]
ikechukz: one more thing i've used up 3gb data only this week and guess what its free on my n8.stop hating symbian it all depends on what on what u need in a phone
I like this.
Re: Android Vs Symbian Phones, Which Is Better? by ikechukz(m): 6:27am On Jun 01, 2012
abeg tell them.did u install all the 400000 apps in your phone.
Re: Android Vs Symbian Phones, Which Is Better? by dmainboss: 9:07am On Jun 01, 2012
^^^The 2 undisputed best phones in the world right now are the HTC One X and Samsung Galaxy S3. It has already trounced the IPhone 4. Symbian is a no no in that arena. It is not even mentioned in the same breath.

The point is not for you to change over to android. The point is you shouldn't try to compare. Just enjoy your Nokia but don't try to compare because you will fall flat on your face. The S3 and One X can currently hold up to 128GB storage and all come with built in FM radio and HD cameras that the best Nokia can't match for at least another year. Not to talk of stuff like eye tracking technology that controls your phone brightness depending on if you are looking at it or not.USB stick has been available since the S2. That is over a year ago.

Isn't it funny that it is only in Nigeria you see people comparing BB and Symbian to Android or IPhone? The Oyibos that make it don't compare them and the stastistics are there to see. Nokia and RIM are both making losses and have a doubtful future and here we are on NL comparing them to their seniors. Very funny.
Re: Android Vs Symbian Phones, Which Is Better? by ceaser: 9:14am On Jun 01, 2012
ikechukz: one more thing i've used up 3gb data only this week and guess what its free on my n8.stop hating symbian it all depends on what on what u need in a phone
Yeeepa! Abeg gist me how you take do 3gig for free na? Abegi! Yearn me more.
Re: Android Vs Symbian Phones, Which Is Better? by OgidiOlu3(m): 9:54am On Jun 01, 2012
dmainboss: ^^^The 2 undisputed best phones in the world right now are the HTC One X and Samsung Galaxy S3. It has already trounced the IPhone 4. Symbian is a no no in that arena. It is not even mentioned in the same breath.

The point is not for you to change over to android. The point is you shouldn't try to compare. Just enjoy your Nokia but don't try to compare because you will fall flat on your face. The S3 and One X can currently hold up to 128GB storage and all come with built in FM radio and HD cameras that the best Nokia can't match for at least another year. Not to talk of stuff like eye tracking technology that controls your phone brightness depending on if you are looking at it or not.USB stick has been available since the S2. That is over a year ago.

Isn't it funny that it is only in Nigeria you see people comparing BB and Symbian to Android or IPhone? The Oyibos that make it don't compare them and the stastistics are there to see. Nokia and RIM are both making losses and have a doubtful future and here we are on NL comparing them to their seniors. Very funny.

I av told u not to argue cameras with nokia. Yes, storage capacity of sg3 is higher but it's only a matter of time b4 nokia comes up with something 'mind-blowing'. About camera, the 'almighty' SG3 comes with just 8mp camera while N8 comes with 12.1mp not to talk of 808 pureview that has 41mp(can u beat dat?).
Seriously, are u sure u're a literate? So because d oyibos said android is better, we sud believe them? Are they not humans like us? Why do u think android os and ios are more widely used than others in the world? It's because they are american companies and the world is under the influence of america unlike nokia and rim which are finnish and canadian companies respectively.
And lastly, stop saying 'stop comparing' if u cant give us reasons why not to compare!
Re: Android Vs Symbian Phones, Which Is Better? by duen23(m): 10:24am On Jun 01, 2012
What I could never understand is why people are always screaming about the amount of apps android or apple has. How many are actually useful? Scratch that. How many are useful in Nigeria? Of what good is it to know your body temperature if you ain't already ill? You walk around telling your friends 'Hey man, I am at 54 degrees Celsius, know what I mean? Just yesterday I was at 106 degrees Celsius so everything is really working out'. What however is important in a phone is the battery life. I can't use all that cool stuff if my phone is off and NOKIA and symbian belle more than delivers. I stand to be corrected but all the really important things you can do on an android, can be done on symbian belle. I like how folks come here and act like the use their phones to do things other than chat, browse, email, calls, text, photos, video (symbian belle devices have 720p video recording- (i am into video), music, games. How many people check the weather? I dey wait.

1 Like

Re: Android Vs Symbian Phones, Which Is Better? by abohrandy: 11:17am On Jun 01, 2012
why should u be comparing the two? this is pure ignorance!!!! ANDRIOD BEATS ALL THE WAY!!!!!
Re: Android Vs Symbian Phones, Which Is Better? by dmainboss: 11:49am On Jun 01, 2012
Just one question then. If Symbian is so wonderful, why is Nokia changing over to Windows Phone 7 and winding Symbian down?

Expecting an answer...ASAP!
Re: Android Vs Symbian Phones, Which Is Better? by duen23(m): 11:50am On Jun 01, 2012
And another thing. I monitor 'this and that' to make sure my battery life is longer is not a plus. They average phone user does not want or need to know the inner workings of a phone nor should they. You don't buy a phone to learn how to use. To quote Steve Jobs, it should 'just work'. Unless you are a developer, which very few people on here are, pack yourself for corner. That is why new phones with the same features and very little tweaks are being released everyday. There is a whole bunch of people who just want version 2.0 so they can brag about features they will only use for less than a month.
Re: Android Vs Symbian Phones, Which Is Better? by duen23(m): 11:52am On Jun 01, 2012
dmainboss: Just one question then. If Symbian is so wonderful, why is Nokia changing over to Windows Phone 7 and winding Symbian down?

Expecting an answer...ASAP!
Microsoft has stopped support for windows xp and they are still companies and individuals who still insist on using it.
Re: Android Vs Symbian Phones, Which Is Better? by OmichaelO: 11:55am On Jun 01, 2012
abohrandy: why should u be comparing the two? this is pure ignorance!!!! ANDRIOD BEATS ALL THE WAY!!!!!
please tell me you are using samsung galaxy s3 or htc x one..if not STFU...
Re: Android Vs Symbian Phones, Which Is Better? by OmichaelO: 11:58am On Jun 01, 2012
duen23: What I could never understand is why people are always screaming about the amount of apps android or apple has. How many are actually useful? Scratch that. How many are useful in Nigeria? Of what good is it to know your body temperature if you ain't already ill? You walk around telling your friends 'Hey man, I am at 54 degrees Celsius, know what I mean? Just yesterday I was at 106 degrees Celsius so everything is really working out'. What however is important in a phone is the battery life. I can't use all that cool stuff if my phone is off and NOKIA and symbian belle more than delivers. I stand to be corrected but all the really important things you can do on an android, can be done on symbian belle. I like how folks come here and act like the use their phones to do things other than chat, browse, email, calls, text, photos, video (symbian belle devices have 720p video recording- (i am into video), music, games. How many people check the weather? I dey wait.
ROTFL..... DON'T MIND 'EM
Re: Android Vs Symbian Phones, Which Is Better? by ceaser: 12:16pm On Jun 01, 2012
dmainboss: Things you can do with and Android phone:

1. Check your BP
2. Check your heart beat rate
3. Check your environment temperature
4. Run a wifi hotspot at home or the office or just connect with usb and use it as your Internet modem. It is a far better modem than the one provided by your phone company
5. Run all kind of softwares from car diagnostics to how to bake a cake to how to make furniture for your home, etc
6. Install apps to your phone from your desktop or laptop, whereever your phone is.
7. Synchronise your browser on your laptop or desktop to your phone remotely. This is especially cool when using Google Chrome for Android
8. Synchronise your GMail, Yahoo, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Myspace contacts, calenders, schedules, content seamlessly. With full OS support.
9. Install various kinds of keyboards depending on your choice.
10. Use dropbox and other cloud services to store your content seamlessly
11. Upgrade your OS easily anytime a new OS version comes out. From ICS 4.0, OTA OS update is now a standard feature for all phones
12. Backup all your software settings and restore easily after a system wipe, upgrade, flashing or whatever. You can backup to Internal or external SD card
13. Customize your desktop(five desktops), buttons, menus and virtually all your user interface in countless ways. I actually have a features in Dark Night ROM that allows me to place app icons in a grouped desktop foldes. Simply awesome!
14. Run ftp apps that you can use to manage you website just like from your laptop.
15. Android comes with SQLlite database inbuilt. That's power right there.
16. Customize your startup screen like on a normal PC. You can even change the startup picture to your own personal picture.
17. Edit your pictures easily and wonderfully
18. Run a DJ scratch machine. Simply cool.
19. Create documents, presentation, spreadsheet, PDF, HTML/PHP pages, etc
20. Manage your joomla site straight from and app on your phone without opening a browser.

Android Rocks!
OMG. Just the way I intend to reply him. But in addition to what you've said -
1 and 2. Heck you can. Just google picobrothers softwares. They even have the one which can turn your phone to a radar to track speeds of moving objects including cars.
I should also ask him if his phone has FM transmitter (not FM radio o) and if his phone can be utilized as a MOBILE MICROPHONE by simply tuning a public address system to the phone's broadcasting FM frequency or by simply plugging in a amplifier to the 3.5mm earphone jack.

3. I'm sure there'll be a third party software to check the temperature thingy.

4. Joikuspot does that just fine. You even have the privilege of setting passwords which you'll give only to those you wanna tether to. You can tether to as many a 10 devices at once. The radius of broadcast, mind you is up to 50meters with obstacles. I've not really tried it in areas without obstacles sha.

5. There's an OBDII auto diagnostic software available for symbian. I've not really bothered myself with it sha.

13. Aside from the 6 multiple homescreens available natively on the belle OS, spb mobile shell as a third party on nokia store has added 3D homepage and icon animation. Cool, isn't it?

14. Have you heard of Live 2 Phone server? FYI, Live2Phone server also enables you to monitor your home on your symbian device in real time video feeds anywhere you are in the world.

17. Dang! Have you tried out the native nokia N8 video editing software with its transition capabilities, subtitling, music embedding? You can even select your editing in different resolutions ranging from 3gp to HD view-able on you HDTV using your AV or HDMI out cable. Wao, it is da bomb.

18. DJ scratch machine? Pffrrrr. Heck, I even create a whole music and instrumental demo on my symbian. You ever heard of TM GUITAR, TOUCH PIANO - all for symbian? How 'bout X-CUBE which lets you convert mp3 to AAC or compress the mp3 between different bitrates, you can even use it as an mp3 cutter to create ringtones.

19. You can do all that on the old nokia 3250 xpressmusic, let alone on the N8. Xplore for symbian enables you to create html files and even create .zip and .jar files. Can your android do that?

20. Sorry I don't know what joomla is, but whatever it is I'm sure the symbian device can replicate it.

And lots more for nokia symbian.....

21. I can control my computer via bluetooth or wifi on my phone by simply watching the computer screen on the phone's screen via mobile witch remote control.

21. An infra-red enabled symbian controls your gadgets (TVs and decks) via infra-red remote control.

22. Use your symbian device to control powerpoint presentations in a seminar via your computer and projector using the app - phonepoint

23. Play any music you're hearing for the first time and allow my phone to listen to it and it gives you every data and info (artist name, etc) that you need to know about the song. You even get to sync the lyrics of the song and enjoy yourself a karaoke.

24. How many android phones are enabled for DSTV mobile? Actually I've not heard of any but as an android fan, maybe you'd educate me on that. Besides that, symbian has SPB TV(with up to 100 free tv channels to watch), AL JAZEERA TV, FRANCE 24 all as apps on the symbian device.

25. E-books and readers, myriads. Java e-books, slovo-ed and ms-dictionary packs all with voice and sound module, mobi-reader for symbian and iSilo for symbian both of which opens the same exact files opened by the computer counterpart of the application without any need for conversion.

26. Don't wanna get sensorineural deafness? Measure your ambient sound level using DECIBEL app on symbian.

27. Are you an electronics engineer or an electrical student, use RESISTORS, an app to help you calculate values of electronics components.

28. A language student or you wanna learn other languages, use SLOVO ED MULTILINGUAL DICTIONARIES, or the less heavy SPEAK FRENCH app for symbian.

29. Nokia maps with voice guided navigation rocks!!! You can also create your own pre-recorded voice as a familiar voice to sync to the map by using NOKIA OWN VOICE app. I have an old nokia N85 used as car phone permanently connected with the TV IN of the 7 inch monitor installed in my pimped 99 nissan primera. I use the maps for navigation, listen to the music simultaneously, recieve calls handsfree (routed to the car speakers), play games, surf the net, read e-books and even print documents to printers via HP ePRINT app on the phone. It feels to cool when guys ask if what you have on-board is a laptop for you to be able to do all that in my car. That sounds 007, doesn't it? Yeah, I know you'd think that.

These are just the tip of the iceberg of the world of symbian. Get yourself a symbian powered device today and HAVE A SYMBIOSIS WITH THE WORLD AT YOUR FINGERTIP.
Re: Android Vs Symbian Phones, Which Is Better? by LeJeun3: 12:25pm On Jun 01, 2012
dmainboss:

Did you read my posts?

Don't kid yourself. Ur a developer for Symbian? U think everyone here is a kid- I don't know you, but ur d first Self acclaimed Symbian developer who says wat you are saying.
Re: Android Vs Symbian Phones, Which Is Better? by dmainboss: 12:27pm On Jun 01, 2012
duen23:
Microsoft has stopped support for windows xp and they are still companies and individuals who still insist on using it.

I asked for an answer to a very simple question and you typed this. I will give you the benefit of doubt and repeat the question:

If Symbian is very wonderful as you guys claim, why is Nokia changing/moving to Windows Phone 7 and winding down Symbian?

I think the question is simple enough.

Waiting...
Re: Android Vs Symbian Phones, Which Is Better? by LeJeun3: 12:30pm On Jun 01, 2012
My good friends! Symbian Dead is better than Android Alive.
Re: Android Vs Symbian Phones, Which Is Better? by dmainboss: 12:39pm On Jun 01, 2012
If Symbian is very wonderful as you guys claim, why is Nokia changing/moving to Windows Phone 7 and winding down Symbian?

Still waiting for an answer...
Re: Android Vs Symbian Phones, Which Is Better? by Nobody: 12:46pm On Jun 01, 2012
@ caeser. No time to quote all that since I just wrote a whole bunch but I can give you at least an app each for all those your mumbo jumbo and google play would give you 5. The apps I know are: live tv, Bluetooth remote PC, PC assistant, mixzing, Amazon kindle, double twist, quick office, google nav, map droid, dj shell,newest version of google maps, imusic, google music. Besides, the decibel app, have you wondered where the app for Nokia was developed from? Take a seat hombre, all this na hype. Even windows phones can do most of that if not all
Re: Android Vs Symbian Phones, Which Is Better? by dmainboss: 1:06pm On Jun 01, 2012
dmainboss: If Symbian is very wonderful as you guys claim, why is Nokia changing/moving to Windows Phone 7 and winding down Symbian?

Still waiting for an answer...
Re: Android Vs Symbian Phones, Which Is Better? by OmichaelO: 1:08pm On Jun 01, 2012
AS LONG AS I ENJOY WHAT AM USING...WGAF!!!! Nokia high end phones are relatively cheap and durable!!!!
Re: Android Vs Symbian Phones, Which Is Better? by flameforx(m): 1:17pm On Jun 01, 2012
ceaser: OMG. Just the way I intend to reply him. But in addition to what you've said -
1 and 2. Heck you can. Just google picobrothers softwares. They even have the one which can turn your phone to a radar to track speeds of moving objects including cars.
I should also ask him if his phone has FM transmitter (not FM radio o) and if his phone can be utilized as a MOBILE MICROPHONE by simply tuning a public address system to the phone's broadcasting FM frequency or by simply plugging in a amplifier to the 3.5mm earphone jack.

3. I'm sure there'll be a third party software to check the temperature thingy.

4. Joikuspot does that just fine. You even have the privilege of setting passwords which you'll give only to those you wanna tether to. You can tether to as many a 10 devices at once. The radius of broadcast, mind you is up to 50meters with obstacles. I've not really tried it in areas without obstacles sha.

5. There's an OBDII auto diagnostic software available for symbian. I've not really bothered myself with it sha.

13. Aside from the 6 multiple homescreens available natively on the belle OS, spb mobile shell as a third party on nokia store has added 3D homepage and icon animation. Cool, isn't it?

14. Have you heard of Live 2 Phone server? FYI, Live2Phone server also enables you to monitor your home on your symbian device in real time video feeds anywhere you are in the world.

17. Dang! Have you tried out the native nokia N8 video editing software with its transition capabilities, subtitling, music embedding? You can even select your editing in different resolutions ranging from 3gp to HD view-able on you HDTV using your AV or HDMI out cable. Wao, it is da bomb.

18. DJ scratch machine? Pffrrrr. Heck, I even create a whole music and instrumental demo on my symbian. You ever heard of TM GUITAR, TOUCH PIANO - all for symbian? How 'bout X-CUBE which lets you convert mp3 to AAC or compress the mp3 between different bitrates, you can even use it as an mp3 cutter to create ringtones.

19. You can do all that on the old nokia 3250 xpressmusic, let alone on the N8. Xplore for symbian enables you to create html files and even create .zip and .jar files. Can your android do that?

20. Sorry I don't know what joomla is, but whatever it is I'm sure the symbian device can replicate it.

And lots more for nokia symbian.....

21. I can control my computer via bluetooth or wifi on my phone by simply watching the computer screen on the phone's screen via mobile witch remote control.

21. An infra-red enabled symbian controls your gadgets (TVs and decks) via infra-red remote control.

22. Use your symbian device to control powerpoint presentations in a seminar via your computer and projector using the app - phonepoint

23. Play any music you're hearing for the first time and allow my phone to listen to it and it gives you every data and info (artist name, etc) that you need to know about the song. You even get to sync the lyrics of the song and enjoy yourself a karaoke.

24. How many android phones are enabled for DSTV mobile? Actually I've not heard of any but as an android fan, maybe you'd educate me on that. Besides that, symbian has SPB TV(with up to 100 free tv channels to watch), AL JAZEERA TV, FRANCE 24 all as apps on the symbian device.

25. E-books and readers, myriads. Java e-books, slovo-ed and ms-dictionary packs all with voice and sound module, mobi-reader for symbian and iSilo for symbian both of which opens the same exact files opened by the computer counterpart of the application without any need for conversion.

26. Don't wanna get sensorineural deafness? Measure your ambient sound level using DECIBEL app on symbian.

27. Are you an electronics engineer or an electrical student, use RESISTORS, an app to help you calculate values of electronics components.

28. A language student or you wanna learn other languages, use SLOVO ED MULTILINGUAL DICTIONARIES, or the less heavy SPEAK FRENCH app for symbian.

29. Nokia maps with voice guided navigation rocks!!! You can also create your own pre-recorded voice as a familiar voice to sync to the map by using NOKIA OWN VOICE app. I have an old nokia N85 used as car phone permanently connected with the TV IN of the 7 inch monitor installed in my pimped 99 nissan primera. I use the maps for navigation, listen to the music simultaneously, recieve calls handsfree (routed to the car speakers), play games, surf the net, read e-books and even print documents to printers via HP ePRINT app on the phone. That sounds 007, doesn't it? Yeah, I know you'd think that.

These are just the tip of the iceberg of the world of symbian. Get yourself a symbian powered device today and HAVE A SYMBIOSIS WITH THE WORLD AT YOUR FINGERTIP.
U JUST MADE MY DAY
TOLD THEM !!!!!!!!
Re: Android Vs Symbian Phones, Which Is Better? by dmainboss: 1:26pm On Jun 01, 2012
flameforx:
U JUST MADE MY DAY
TOLD THEM !!!!!!!!

I can see ya'll are avoiding ma question. Its all good then. I can understand! You lot don't have an answer for that.

Even the owners of Nokia have admitted Symbian is not a match for the Android so there's no need to do comparisons or argue with mere users.
Re: Android Vs Symbian Phones, Which Is Better? by Nobody: 1:31pm On Jun 01, 2012
O.michael.O:
AS LONG AS I ENJOY WHAT AM USING...WGAF!!!! Nokia high end phones are relatively cheap and durable!!!!

For once someone said something reasonable. Nokia is good, great but ain't comparable with Android
Re: Android Vs Symbian Phones, Which Is Better? by Nobody: 2:12pm On Jun 01, 2012
duen23: What I could never understand is why people are always screaming about the amount of apps android or apple has. How many are actually useful? Scratch that. How many are useful in Nigeria? Of what good is it to know your body temperature if you ain't already ill? You walk around telling your friends 'Hey man, I am at 54 degrees Celsius, know what I mean? Just yesterday I was at 106 degrees Celsius so everything is really working out'. What however is important in a phone is the battery life. I can't use all that cool stuff if my phone is off and NOKIA and symbian belle more than delivers. I stand to be corrected but all the really important things you can do on an android, can be done on symbian belle. I like how folks come here and act like the use their phones to do things other than chat, browse, email, calls, text, photos, video (symbian belle devices have 720p video recording- (i am into video), music, games. How many people check the weather? I dey wait.
grin grin grin grin grin @ bolded

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Any MTN Free Browsing Hacks? / How To Enable 4g Lte On Your 3g Android Phone(100% Working) / How Do I Download Opera Mini To My Nokia 3110c

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.