Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,259 members, 7,839,311 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 04:41 PM

President Jonathan's Democracy Day Broadcast: What Do You Make Of It? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Jonathan's Democracy Day Broadcast: What Do You Make Of It? (11136 Views)

Biafra Leader Nnamdi Kalu Now Tortured By Dss @live Broadcast / Gbagauns: President Jonathan’s Grammatical Blunders During His Campaign Speeches / 2014 Independence Day Broadcast By President Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Jonathan's Democracy Day Broadcast: What Do You Make Of It? by Nobody: 9:06am On May 29, 2012
when and where are we going to have GEJU?
Re: President Jonathan's Democracy Day Broadcast: What Do You Make Of It? by maclatunji: 9:07am On May 29, 2012
The Speech was woeful. Even GEJ knew it was terrible, so knowing Nigerians for what we are, he flew the kite of renaming University of Lagos (UNILAG) as Moshood Abiola University(MAU)so that instead of examining his poor performance, you will be talking about Abiola, UNILAG, June 12, 2015 elections and leave all of the important things that affect your life which his speech failed to address.
Re: President Jonathan's Democracy Day Broadcast: What Do You Make Of It? by maclatunji: 9:08am On May 29, 2012
cogitoErgo: but the man is still talking!

OP is desperate for front page recognition. tongue
Re: President Jonathan's Democracy Day Broadcast: What Do You Make Of It? by maclatunji: 9:16am On May 29, 2012
ballabriggs: Change UNILAG to MKO UNI to win the Yoruba's? Haha this man dey laugh me.

It is only foolish people that will be bought-over by this. If he wants to recognise MKO, let him acknowledge him as the winner of the June 12, 1993 Presidential election and declare him President Posthumously! Even with this we will not vote for him in 2015. tongue

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan's Democracy Day Broadcast: What Do You Make Of It? by kokoA(m): 9:19am On May 29, 2012
Has he finished? No eleectricity for me to watch sef.
Re: President Jonathan's Democracy Day Broadcast: What Do You Make Of It? by 999666: 9:21am On May 29, 2012
maclatunji:

It is only foolish people that will be bought-over by this. If he wants to recognise MKO, let him acknowledge him as the winner of the June 12, 1993 Presidential election and declare him President Posthumously! Even with this we will not vote for him in 2015. tongue
You bad oh tongue tongue grin grin grin
Re: President Jonathan's Democracy Day Broadcast: What Do You Make Of It? by duality(m): 9:23am On May 29, 2012
mr president had to rad this one from his note book; as previous speeches had always leaked.
Re: President Jonathan's Democracy Day Broadcast: What Do You Make Of It? by Nobody: 9:24am On May 29, 2012
mko university is just desperation

dude , the sw rascals will have nothing to do with you - you have defined yourself as president of mend and massob - gtfo - you can rename unn ojukwu uni and pti as dokubo institute for al we care

empty gestures that you paymasters will soon overturn with comments you will remain silent on
Re: President Jonathan's Democracy Day Broadcast: What Do You Make Of It? by Nobody: 9:26am On May 29, 2012
maclatunji:

OP is desperate for front page recognition. tongue
shut up my friend! What r d benefits of makin front page here? Pls grow up.
Re: President Jonathan's Democracy Day Broadcast: What Do You Make Of It? by crowaddy(m): 9:33am On May 29, 2012
999_666:
You bad oh tongue tongue grin grin grin

If Mr Johnathan says he wants to contest in 2015, i bet you plenty that are here will line up behind him including me.

This is because the opposition is either non existent or made up of unserious persons who know how to only rant on tweeter and sahara reporters whose subscribers at the tops will not be up to 30,000 registered voter.

The voters are on the ground and are available for the winning and kudos to the PDP for identifying its clientele and swaying them at will.
Re: President Jonathan's Democracy Day Broadcast: What Do You Make Of It? by egift(m): 9:37am On May 29, 2012
maclatunji:

OP is desperate for front page recognition.

I delivered it hot and you are here run High BP grin

The speech was boring. List of "achievements" that touched nobody. Renamed UNILAG after Abiola to boost his quest for 2015. Buried his head in his jotter throughout the speech. What else did I omit?

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan's Democracy Day Broadcast: What Do You Make Of It? by iluvnaija: 9:39am On May 29, 2012
In honour of Democracy Day, I just named my visitors toilet "Olusegun Obasanjo Loo", y'all are welcome 2come dump your sh*t in it!
Re: President Jonathan's Democracy Day Broadcast: What Do You Make Of It? by maclatunji: 9:41am On May 29, 2012
egift:

I delivered it hot and you are here run High BP grin

The speech was boring. List of "achievements" that touched nobody. Renamed UNILAG after Abiola to boost his quest for 2015. Buried his head in his jotter throughout the speech. What else did I omit?

Breaking News before it happens is not journalism, it is creative writing also called fiction. tongue
Re: President Jonathan's Democracy Day Broadcast: What Do You Make Of It? by doctokwus: 9:41am On May 29, 2012
Sometimes u wonder if there is any one thing dat can redeem dis administration.Everyday,one feels like throwing up wt all d cluelessness coming frm dis govt.What d hell has renaming UNILAG got to do wt d real issues on d ground,he ddnt evn address any pertinent issue,though he wudnt av sed anything much,but wud av helped people to know he has an idea of what governance is about
Re: President Jonathan's Democracy Day Broadcast: What Do You Make Of It? by ypzilanti: 10:08am On May 29, 2012
They should have named something else after Abiola...Like Third Manland Bridge. Now that would get under IBB's skin. They just ruined a sweet sounding nmae.
Re: President Jonathan's Democracy Day Broadcast: What Do You Make Of It? by gbadexy(m): 10:11am On May 29, 2012
This man no go kill person,he is COMMITTED to eating cassava.hmm,eating cassava bread must be a big work and a great accomplishment.we already have moshood abiola polytech and it sounds somehow,why name unilag MAU again?sounds like cow sound.akokites no go dey too form again.i am a MAUITE
Re: President Jonathan's Democracy Day Broadcast: What Do You Make Of It? by bikerboy1(m): 10:16am On May 29, 2012
co2: Finally Abiola remembered am so glad

I think he has been remainbered before. +M.K.O ABIOLA STATIUM+
In Abeokuta , Ogun State
Re: President Jonathan's Democracy Day Broadcast: What Do You Make Of It? by Fabjay(m): 10:17am On May 29, 2012
grin grin grin grin hmmmmmmmm jona mata don tire personooo renaming unilag 2 mau.. Is dat d best he can do.... Wats even d essence of democracy in nigeria, when d government of the people is not always by d people...... Abeg let me go and get desperate house wife season five and wash away d sorrows dat dis country is inflicting rather dan dis boredom speech....
Re: President Jonathan's Democracy Day Broadcast: What Do You Make Of It? by tatosh: 10:21am On May 29, 2012
Sounded more like a campaign speech for 2015. My president is clueless angry. Didn't address pressing issues the country is faced with, he just confirmed my belief of a directionless government. Mschww

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan's Democracy Day Broadcast: What Do You Make Of It? by coalcoal1(m): 10:21am On May 29, 2012
GREAT MAUITES! TUALE
Re: President Jonathan's Democracy Day Broadcast: What Do You Make Of It? by bodejohn(m): 10:22am On May 29, 2012
LOL...I can remember back in those days at NANS Zone D meetings we used to call students of Moshood Abiola Polytechnic,(MA Poly for short) 'MAD poly' now there is 'MAD UNI' courtesy our president GEJ. No offence intended!
Re: President Jonathan's Democracy Day Broadcast: What Do You Make Of It? by kheart(m): 10:24am On May 29, 2012
Mr president how is d first female pilot graduant be an achievment. Na u pay her tuition fees?

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan's Democracy Day Broadcast: What Do You Make Of It? by cashmentor(m): 10:27am On May 29, 2012
Never bothered to listen coz i never expected anything much, so i ain't dissapointed.... Gej have lost his sense of feelings and Passion for Nigerians! He's Scared of the National Assembly, the North and the Nigerian Youths, hence, he rules with Fear instead of Passion for his People! He could have gone ahead to mention lot of things he's achieved, but he knows we won't believe him....he know himself that he's full of lies, a Ph.D Degree Liar!
Re: President Jonathan's Democracy Day Broadcast: What Do You Make Of It? by DAY12(m): 10:43am On May 29, 2012
omo, I nor even understand this kontry again. imagine wetin dis man just dey vomit.. we don finish. undecided
Re: President Jonathan's Democracy Day Broadcast: What Do You Make Of It? by Nobody: 10:44am On May 29, 2012
Jo Guy, ride on enjoy yourself, u just lose my vote 2015
Re: President Jonathan's Democracy Day Broadcast: What Do You Make Of It? by dextac: 10:46am On May 29, 2012
[size=16pt]what is wrong with building another federal university in lagos after mko abiola, a city of more than 15 million people, don't these politicians see what happen in other countries, NONSENSE![/size][b][/b]

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan's Democracy Day Broadcast: What Do You Make Of It? by fesse(f): 10:46am On May 29, 2012
Agreed with him but that UNILAG to MKO boils down my moral. Thinking of doing my masters there but now got to change.
Re: President Jonathan's Democracy Day Broadcast: What Do You Make Of It? by ifihearam: 10:51am On May 29, 2012
Even IBB had enough awareness to connect with his audience by looking up sometimes during a televised address.
President Goodluck Jonathan couldn't even be bothered. He simply went on with a speech devoid of conviction, like a student who's been forced to read a difficult textbook chapter.
Let's not even go to the questionable contents of the speech.
Happy Democracy Day. God bless Nigeria.
Re: President Jonathan's Democracy Day Broadcast: What Do You Make Of It? by ikee(m): 10:54am On May 29, 2012
One of GEJ's numerous achievements grin grin grin

Re: President Jonathan's Democracy Day Broadcast: What Do You Make Of It? by tunde1200(m): 11:04am On May 29, 2012
maclatunji:

god bless brother even i will never vote again in my life
Re: President Jonathan's Democracy Day Broadcast: What Do You Make Of It? by Biggyd2: 11:09am On May 29, 2012
And what came out of his speech? UNILAG, sorry MALU, ehn sorry MAU (well whatever) students are demonstrating now. Thank you Jona for your wonderful speech.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Biafrans buy Armoured tanker for explosion PHOTOS / Atiku Vows To End Multiple Exchange Rates / Ortom Asks FG To Account For $1bn Security Fund Jointly Contributed By States

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.