Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,024 members, 7,838,569 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:13 AM

President Jonathan's Democracy Day Broadcast: What Do You Make Of It? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Jonathan's Democracy Day Broadcast: What Do You Make Of It? (11134 Views)

Biafra Leader Nnamdi Kalu Now Tortured By Dss @live Broadcast / Gbagauns: President Jonathan’s Grammatical Blunders During His Campaign Speeches / 2014 Independence Day Broadcast By President Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Jonathan's Democracy Day Broadcast: What Do You Make Of It? by AndroBlaze: 11:09am On May 29, 2012
maclatunji:

It is only foolish people that will be bought-over by this. If he wants to recognise MKO, let him acknowledge him as the winner of the June 12, 1993 Presidential election and declare him President Posthumously! Even with this we will not vote for him in 2015. tongue
God bless you.
Re: President Jonathan's Democracy Day Broadcast: What Do You Make Of It? by Jalal(m): 11:25am On May 29, 2012
Fab-jay:
grin grin grin grin hmmmmmmmm jona mata don tire personooo renaming unilag 2 mau.. Is dat d best he can do.... Wats even d essence of democracy in nigeria, when d government of the people is not always by d people...... Abeg let me go and get desperate house wife season five and wash away d sorrows dat dis country is inflicting rather dan dis boredom speech....
Guy u still dey Season 5? Jst watching the season 8 series finale!

Wow vintage GEJ didn't expect better or should I say worse??
Re: President Jonathan's Democracy Day Broadcast: What Do You Make Of It? by TheShopKeeper(m): 12:48pm On May 29, 2012
Another clueless and useless speech!!!.
Re: President Jonathan's Democracy Day Broadcast: What Do You Make Of It? by Obipat(m): 12:48pm On May 29, 2012
Dis man has no plans for nigeria atall
Re: President Jonathan's Democracy Day Broadcast: What Do You Make Of It? by metodman(m): 1:06pm On May 29, 2012
@ILEKKE, abeg no kill person with laughter. I dey chop very hot food o grin grin
Re: President Jonathan's Democracy Day Broadcast: What Do You Make Of It? by Sealeddeal(m): 1:15pm On May 29, 2012
Criticising his manner of speech,here,is irrelevant.i think we've to criticise issues constructively.if u are ashame to see progress,u better hide.English is not our first language and must be treated as trash like the arabians do..the progress listed by this govt far outweighed what other govt has done to address nigeria problems and i must tell u,those that has been heating up the polity for so long are doing it make this govt fail so dat they'll assume contrl and maybe,transform nigeria themselves.but they forgot dat we dnt have time to wait for them.GEJ is doing well.he has sieged nigeria with developments and development plans and by the end of his first tenure,we'll see where he has reached.on the issue of corruption,the fight against corruption is ongoing though i must say dat the fight against corrupt people is not ongoing.bt i know dat nobody can fight corrupt nigerians successfuly in this democratic era with the present situation of our juciary...thumps up GEJ
Re: President Jonathan's Democracy Day Broadcast: What Do You Make Of It? by Donmeca(m): 1:18pm On May 29, 2012
GEJ laboured thru this address written in d simplest of English! Cud it b d frustration of underachievement due to glaring sabotage or due to his low education? Are we really sure our president is a graduate?

He has not achieved much in a year even tho some may argue that he was just laying d foundation for sporadic development of d nation in d next 3 years.
Re: President Jonathan's Democracy Day Broadcast: What Do You Make Of It? by Witi(m): 1:23pm On May 29, 2012
Blah blah blah, stupid ogogoro drinker.
Re: President Jonathan's Democracy Day Broadcast: What Do You Make Of It? by lookmangiw(m): 1:24pm On May 29, 2012
kokoA: Has he finished? No eleectricity for me to watch sef.
same here. My guy
Re: President Jonathan's Democracy Day Broadcast: What Do You Make Of It? by onthefence: 1:57pm On May 29, 2012
The speech was Cassava infested grin
Re: President Jonathan's Democracy Day Broadcast: What Do You Make Of It? by deandavid(m): 2:16pm On May 29, 2012
bunch of negative pipo in here. What has previous presidents of nigeria done. The man named unilag aftr abiola una dy vex, wat do u want him 2 do, wat did obj do to recognise abiola,the father of democracy in nigeria? U guys dnt just like d guy, even if he is trying to do good things. The renaming of unilag is the vry best i think the fg can do 4 nw. D man is already there 4 d next 3 years, just accept this reality and criticise gej positively. Nobody can decied 2015 election now. Take it or leave it. If gej suceed in making electricity stable in nigeria before the next election i bet u, everybody will applause him and even beg him to stay beyond 2015. I wish gej suceeds in his transformation agenda 4 nigeria, because if he does,its 4 d benefit of all nigeria. I beg u guys, critise him constructively and wish him well please.
Re: President Jonathan's Democracy Day Broadcast: What Do You Make Of It? by Nobody: 2:32pm On May 29, 2012
999_666: MKO University? Who his giving this man advise? Is this what the nation needs now? GEJ continues to misread/ignore the pulse of the entire country. What we need is an end to corruption and terrorism and better living conditions.

but for mko, u would have been shot dead for this post
Re: President Jonathan's Democracy Day Broadcast: What Do You Make Of It? by tunsky09: 2:42pm On May 29, 2012
the guy jst dey talk talk.
Re: President Jonathan's Democracy Day Broadcast: What Do You Make Of It? by joshuapharm(m): 2:54pm On May 29, 2012
seems beaf has re-registered with anoda name..cos i see his shadow..@sealeddeal@deandavid...which one of u is beaf..confess now!!!
Re: President Jonathan's Democracy Day Broadcast: What Do You Make Of It? by secnelly: 2:55pm On May 29, 2012
UNILAG to MAU, Lagos.... Hmmmm. I hope UNN wont be next. God help us. Though it changes nuffin with the Quality of Education offered in UNILAG before now, the flavour of that institution is the name, UNLIAG. sadsadsadsadsadsadsadsad
Re: President Jonathan's Democracy Day Broadcast: What Do You Make Of It? by dayokanu(m): 3:08pm On May 29, 2012
What a clueless and reetarded president
Re: President Jonathan's Democracy Day Broadcast: What Do You Make Of It? by Dayhorlah(f): 3:25pm On May 29, 2012
Whew!..I only read the Unilag part!..lies lies lies!..I don tire!
Re: President Jonathan's Democracy Day Broadcast: What Do You Make Of It? by Revolva(m): 3:27pm On May 29, 2012
Sometimes I wonder if our so called. Leaders have brain imagine jonathan reading from a paper like a toodler and he is not bold in his speech he sounds faint like a coward
Now the prestigious name of universty of lagos now moshood abiola university **he has forgotten there is a poly named after m.K.o now a presidential museum for what do the hungry citizen need to visit a musuem to see history of eeeddioots that ruled this nation
This jonathan has bad advisers he is lame
Re: President Jonathan's Democracy Day Broadcast: What Do You Make Of It? by omanzo02: 5:02pm On May 29, 2012
UNILAG is now MAU MAU lol grin grin grin grin grin
Re: President Jonathan's Democracy Day Broadcast: What Do You Make Of It? by omanzo02: 5:03pm On May 29, 2012
dayokanu: What a clueless and reetarded president

He is clueless to u because he declined your "GEJ one million man march"? lol cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: President Jonathan's Democracy Day Broadcast: What Do You Make Of It? by GenOrumov: 5:23pm On May 29, 2012
omanzo02:

He is clueless to u because he declined your "GEJ one million man march"? lol cheesy cheesy cheesy
seriously, he keeps proving to us that he is really clueless
Re: President Jonathan's Democracy Day Broadcast: What Do You Make Of It? by gulfer: 6:40pm On May 29, 2012
He should have just moved democracy day from May 29th to June 12 and there would have been no hassles.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan's Democracy Day Broadcast: What Do You Make Of It? by gulfer: 6:43pm On May 29, 2012
deandavid: bunch of negative pipo in here. What has previous presidents of nigeria done. The man named unilag aftr abiola una dy vex, wat do u want him 2 do, wat did obj do to recognise abiola,the father of democracy in nigeria? U guys dnt just like d guy, even if he is trying to do good things. The renaming of unilag is the vry best i think the fg can do 4 nw. D man is already there 4 d next 3 years, just accept this reality and criticise gej positively. Nobody can decied 2015 election now. Take it or leave it. If gej suceed in making electricity stable in nigeria before the next election i bet u, everybody will applause him and even beg him to stay beyond 2015. I wish gej suceeds in his transformation agenda 4 nigeria, because if he does,its 4 d benefit of all nigeria. I beg u guys, critise him constructively and wish him well please.
He should have just moved democracy day from May 29th to June 12 and there would have been no hassles.
Re: President Jonathan's Democracy Day Broadcast: What Do You Make Of It? by 1025: 6:47pm On May 29, 2012
i shocked when the man said he ordered that only cassava bread and local rice be served in aso rock. abeg, are cassava bread and local rice that expensive that joe wanted N1b for food?
watching his speech was like watching chelsea/barca or chelsea/buyern. i was afraid of the man changing the name of chelsea fc to ijew bombers club but am so happy my club was not affected.
Re: President Jonathan's Democracy Day Broadcast: What Do You Make Of It? by nsiadi: 8:10pm On May 29, 2012
Most people have been caught gasping
For those of us who have been asking what GEJ is up to---u have been served hot

These things were accomplished within one year. By this time next year more is expected as he is gaining speed
Some dont understand what he meant by "Reduction of avenues for corruption"
Graphically put : we know for germination to take place there must be a healthy seed, warmth & moisture
If any of these is lacking germination wont take place
In the same vein things like
(a) Reducing agencies @ Port from 14 to 7
(B) Removing Fuel subsidy
(c) Removing fertilizer handling from political farmers
(d) Breathing fresh air into rail & inland waterway systems
(e) Empowering women & Youths
etc
These measures are knockouts on hangers-on that swindle us
And these people who are being displaced are using all arsenals to discredit him
But they are failing woefully
Did any one hear of any bomb blast today? We are not yet in June--mind you
Re: President Jonathan's Democracy Day Broadcast: What Do You Make Of It? by tpia5: 8:13pm On May 29, 2012
he's only been there for one year?

thought it was longer than that.
Re: President Jonathan's Democracy Day Broadcast: What Do You Make Of It? by omosexy1: 10:54pm On May 29, 2012
I hear Jonathan is a drunk. Clearly, his speech depicts such. The man claims he has achieved. I look around and I see nothing. Come 2015 even if PDP nominates a white man as party candidate. I no vote. Their rubbish is too much.
Re: President Jonathan's Democracy Day Broadcast: What Do You Make Of It? by nsiadi: 11:08pm On May 29, 2012
tpia@
he's only been there for one year?

What are we talking about?
Re: President Jonathan's Democracy Day Broadcast: What Do You Make Of It? by omosexy1: 11:16pm On May 29, 2012
I don't think anybody is against GEJ immortalizing Abiola. However, Nigerians are more concerned about pertinent issues and not renaming a University and building a Political Museum. Next year, he would claim, on National TV, that is part of his achievements. He is currently spending Billions of Dollars and signing MOUs in the Power Sector (just like OBJ did) and we are currently not feeling the impact. Corruption scandals are erupting from various Government ministries and institutions (embarrassing the country), rather than fight corruption head-on by drafting the anti-corruption bill, he is shoving it aside. China grew their economy locally before foreign investors started pouring in. India, Brazil and Ghana are currently doing the same. Nigeria, or rather GEJ is wooing Foreign Investors to bring in money when the economy isn't looking good and the basic social infrastructure is missing. He has failed to look at ways to make local production attractive. He has failed to subsidizes local production and ensure entrepreneur get access to loans to fund their business. One of his initiative is (YouWin, I grasps for air due to excessive laughter). GEJ would later tell the world that the initiative was to promote indigenous entrepreneurs. He never said anything about Housing, Nigerians can go and sleep under the bridge. His administration is nothing but a joke and a failure.
Re: President Jonathan's Democracy Day Broadcast: What Do You Make Of It? by Nobody: 11:42pm On May 29, 2012
i swear this goodluck guy don de impress me, i've been saying no one can be this dull and be president unless he is playing an angle, he knows he didnt really say anything worth while so like always he leaves confusion and you guys talking about MOU instead of a more serious issue like this country is doomed (are this achievements, really?).

i pity this country, but the guy and his handlers smart sha, abracadabra at work, seems they know us well
Re: President Jonathan's Democracy Day Broadcast: What Do You Make Of It? by maclatunji: 11:44pm On May 29, 2012
nsiadi: Most people have been caught gasping

These things were accomplished within one year. By this time next year more is expected as he is gaining speed
Graphically put : we know for germination to take place there must be a healthy seed, warmth & moisture
etc
And these people who are being displaced are using all arsenals to discredit him

Not that I am happy to report it but there was a bomb blast today in Kaduna but it didn't claim any lives From my source.
Re: President Jonathan's Democracy Day Broadcast: What Do You Make Of It? by Nobody: 12:10am On May 30, 2012
nsiadi: Most people have been caught gasping

etc

answers:
a: reducing number of agencies at the port is not really helping matters, customs is doing the job of all other sacked agencies and corruption is more terrible now, seen the subsidy hearing? customs, nnpc and finance all giving different figures on national TV, and it was alot faster to clear stuff like 3 years ago and our ports were alot less congested
b: are you talking about the same subsidy that we just got the full report on? or is it the one that friends and supporters of the president will not be prosecuted for their crime?
c: actually fertilizer is now being handled by political friends kinda like i deregulate diesel but only mr a, b and c can bring it in (stupidity)
d: rail is OBJ while dredging is Yaradua, chairman for railway deal signing was Lawal Batagarawa while MD for dredging the niger is......, wait or it.... Yaradua also grin
e: women and youth, really? for otuoke?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

NGF Crisis Was Planned -aregbesola / Exchange Rate Under Buhari, The Truth. / Federal Ministry Of Humanitarian Affairs Shows Its Credentials

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.