Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,197 members, 7,953,728 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 01:26 AM

Can You Determine The Gender Of Your Child Before Conceiving? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can You Determine The Gender Of Your Child Before Conceiving? (8900 Views)

One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. / The Little Things That Determine The Success Of A Marriage. / Would You Prefer To Know The Gender Of Your Baby Before Giving Birth? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Determine The Gender Of Your Child Before Conceiving? by Tgirl4real(f): 3:17pm On May 29, 2012
Pls help me out. My nanny recently asked me what I did to get a baby girl. Got me wondering if it's possible to plan the sex of your child. Anyone with useful tips? I don't mind planning my next baby to be a boy o cheesy

I will also google it.
Re: Can You Determine The Gender Of Your Child Before Conceiving? by jtkoko9(f): 8:55pm On May 29, 2012
Sperms carrying xy which is for male swims faster than the xx and you usually have more of xy in the first few days of ovulation.

1 Like

Re: Can You Determine The Gender Of Your Child Before Conceiving? by MissIfe(f): 9:52pm On May 29, 2012
Jtkoko9 gave one answer I often heard too. I've read somewhere it's up to 70% effective if you can determine your ovulation date with precision. So if your nanny wants a girl, she should have sex a few days (7 to 3 days) before her ovulation and then restrain from sex on the very moment of the ovulation.

I've also heard it depends on the pH of the vagina : the more acid it is the more it favors the x spermatozoa, the less acid it is the more it favors the y spermatozoa. You can influence this factor if you control the food you eat : foods rich in sodium and potassium are supposed to help you get a boy, while those rich in calcium and sugar should give you a girl.

1 Like

Re: Can You Determine The Gender Of Your Child Before Conceiving? by Tgirl4real(f): 10:28pm On May 29, 2012
hmm... interesting! thanks guys, but all dese na big, big grammer o... can someone break it down pls cool
Re: Can You Determine The Gender Of Your Child Before Conceiving? by MissIfe(f): 12:04pm On May 30, 2012
eheh... Concerning the pH part and foods to eat if you want a boy/girl, I guess you can just find list of foods on the internet.

As for the ovulation thing, your ovulation happened 14 days before the 1st day of your periods. If you periods come every 28 days, you ovulate on the 14th day. If your periods come every 31 days, you ovulate on the 17th day (you start counting from the 1st day of your periods). Of course, this is effective mainly if your periods always come at the same time.

So if you want a boy next time and your periods come every 28 days, you should restrain from sex from day 7 to day 13 and have sex from the 14th day on. Of course this is not 100% effective, I've read this in lots of places and many of my friends told me it worked for them, but how can we be sure it is really this calculation that made it right?
Re: Can You Determine The Gender Of Your Child Before Conceiving? by EfemenaXY: 12:24pm On May 30, 2012
jtkoko9: Sperms carrying xy which is for male swims faster than the xx and you usually have more of xy in the first few days of ovulation.

Wow! Maybe that's why I've got so many boys grin grin

But I thank the good lord for them & my little princess. A late arrival but well worth the wait cheesy

Tgirl: Paint the walls of your room blue, get your man to eat lots of okro and after s/e/x don't get up immediately. Lie on your back and do the bicycle motion with your legs for exactly 35 mins...
Re: Can You Determine The Gender Of Your Child Before Conceiving? by taryour(f): 12:49pm On May 30, 2012
Efemena_xy:

Wow! Maybe that's why I've got so many boys grin grin

But I thank the good lord for them & my little princess. A late arrival but well worth the wait cheesy

Tgirl: Paint the walls of your room blue, get your man to eat lots of okro and after s/e/x don't get up immediately. Lie on your back and do the bicycle motion with your legs for exactly 35 mins...

chai!! My classmate aree u for real,but wot as painting d room blue got to do with it
Re: Can You Determine The Gender Of Your Child Before Conceiving? by EfemenaXY: 12:56pm On May 30, 2012
My sister, na so now

er...blue = boys tongue
Re: Can You Determine The Gender Of Your Child Before Conceiving? by Tgirl4real(f): 1:15pm On May 30, 2012
hehehe . . . . grin grin grin grin
Re: Can You Determine The Gender Of Your Child Before Conceiving? by Nobody: 3:56pm On May 30, 2012
Missionary position, Stay under. After sex, let him stay inside of you for a few minutes, then lift your buttocks in the air for a few minutes and hold it cool grin
Re: Can You Determine The Gender Of Your Child Before Conceiving? by dayokanu(m): 6:28pm On May 30, 2012
jennykadry: Missionary position, Stay under. After sex, let him stay inside of you for a few minutes, then lift your buttocks in the air for a few minutes and hold it cool grin

OSANOBUA!!! shocked

3 Likes

Re: Can You Determine The Gender Of Your Child Before Conceiving? by Nobody: 12:29am On May 31, 2012
The male spermatozoa are faster than their female counterpart but they also have a shorter life span. you can't choose the sex but you can create conditions to favour one above the other. for a male child early stage of ovulation is preferred, when the egg is in the uterus. also after sex lay on your back with your butts placed on a pillow or two to make the pubic region higher than your bust and raise your legs for some minutes. plus a sexual position that allows the penis to penetrate deep into the vagina is a good idea.

good procreation :-)

1 Like

Re: Can You Determine The Gender Of Your Child Before Conceiving? by Nobody: 10:04am On May 31, 2012
dayokanu:

OSANOBUA!!! shocked

Ki ni? Abeg e fi mi si le ojare cool
Re: Can You Determine The Gender Of Your Child Before Conceiving? by Tgirl4real(f): 10:16am On May 31, 2012
michelin89: The male spermatozoa are faster than their female counterpart but they also have a shorter life span. you can't choose the sex but you can create conditions to favour one above the other. for a male child early stage of ovulation is preferred, when the egg is in the uterus. also after sex lay on your back with your butts placed on a pillow or two to make the pubic region higher than your bust and raise your legs for some minutes. plus a sexual position that allows the penis to penetrate deep into the vagina is a good idea.

good procreation :-)

Lol... is this for real grin
Re: Can You Determine The Gender Of Your Child Before Conceiving? by Tgirl4real(f): 10:17am On May 31, 2012
jennykadry: Missionary position, Stay under. After sex, let him stay inside of you for a few minutes, then lift your buttocks in the air for a few minutes and hold it cool grin

I do dis tire o, but na girl come out o grin
Re: Can You Determine The Gender Of Your Child Before Conceiving? by Busybody2(f): 10:31am On May 31, 2012
This world is so unfair, women are supposed to lie down in the missionary position so that the faster male carrying sper.m can result in a male baby.

Ah, I see, no wonder women are not welcome "on top" anywhere angry

This "knowledge" calls for a revolution, surely, who doesn't know the world will be a better place with women only tongue
Re: Can You Determine The Gender Of Your Child Before Conceiving? by Tgirl4real(f): 10:58am On May 31, 2012
ehn ehn BB,

one man to 4 wives neva do abi? mtchewww

Abeg, as anyone noticed a change on NL? Friends have become followers .. .

Na only followers, what about disciples? heheheheehe grin
Re: Can You Determine The Gender Of Your Child Before Conceiving? by taryour(f): 11:14am On May 31, 2012
Tgirl4real: ehn ehn BB,

yes o tt,i noticed it oo. Abeg wetin e mean,na were dem wan follow us go? Dem go follow us go toilet too?
Re: Can You Determine The Gender Of Your Child Before Conceiving? by EfemenaXY: 11:56am On May 31, 2012
^^ Lol! grin grin grin grin
Re: Can You Determine The Gender Of Your Child Before Conceiving? by taryour(f): 12:06pm On May 31, 2012
Efemena_xy: ^^ Lol! grin grin grin grin

my sister na true,na to dey watch ur back as you walk now oo, you never can tell o,let this followers not follow you inside your room o when you and oga need to get busy oo.
Re: Can You Determine The Gender Of Your Child Before Conceiving? by Nobody: 12:14pm On May 31, 2012
Tgirl4real:

I do dis tire o, but na girl come out o grin

You no do am well grin
Re: Can You Determine The Gender Of Your Child Before Conceiving? by ronkebp(f): 2:41pm On May 31, 2012
taryour:

my sister na true,na to dey watch ur back as you walk now oo, you never can tell o,let this followers not follow you inside your room o when you and oga need to get busy oo.

No!!!! naaa, let them follow inside the room....they will either join or watch...it is sweeter and dirtier, when you know someone is watching you.
Re: Can You Determine The Gender Of Your Child Before Conceiving? by Tgirl4real(f): 2:20pm On Jun 04, 2012
jennykadry:

You no do am well grin

ok.lol I will try harder and come and share testimony tongue
Re: Can You Determine The Gender Of Your Child Before Conceiving? by blank(f): 2:49pm On Jun 04, 2012
I used the Chinese calender. So far, it has worked for me. Let me wait for the next one and hope it goes my way.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can You Determine The Gender Of Your Child Before Conceiving? by Tgirl4real(f): 3:42pm On Jun 04, 2012
I don't get u Blank... You mean if you conceive on any of those days, you will get the sex they put there?

Btw, how many kids you got, so that I can judge cheesy

I didn't know calender had up to 45 days in a month lipsrsealed tongue
Re: Can You Determine The Gender Of Your Child Before Conceiving? by blank(f): 4:13pm On Jun 04, 2012
Tgirl4real: I don't get u Blank... You mean if you conceive on any of those days, you will get the sex they put there?

Btw, how many kids you got, so that I can judge cheesy

I didn't know calender had up to 45 days in a month lipsrsealed tongue

2 kids and counting. grin

The figures are your age at conception and the months are 12. Just make sure you check that the gender when you use your real age and when you use your Chinese age are the same. Its said to be 80% accurate. Stumbled on it by chance and then purposely used it agan and both have been accurate. Just google it sha.
Re: Can You Determine The Gender Of Your Child Before Conceiving? by ronkebp(f): 9:43pm On Jun 04, 2012
I am using this calendar ooooooo, ewoooooo.........this is nice, abeg i want the one that has twins or triplets on it, any idea....smiley smiley
Re: Can You Determine The Gender Of Your Child Before Conceiving? by dayokanu(m): 10:03pm On Jun 04, 2012
ronkebp: I am using this calendar ooooooo, ewoooooo.........this is nice, abeg i want the one that has twins or triplets on it, any idea....smiley smiley

I am the way to triplets. Do me once and you would be popping triplets every year till you reach menopause
Re: Can You Determine The Gender Of Your Child Before Conceiving? by kristonium(m): 8:31am On Jun 05, 2012
@op
try chinese calendar.its about 90% accurate.i have experimented with it and it worked.u can check it with already born children,urself and ur siblings to know the degree of accuracy.
i still believe prayers never fail and dat remains the ultimate!
cheers!
Re: Can You Determine The Gender Of Your Child Before Conceiving? by EfemenaXY: 1:38pm On Jun 05, 2012
dayokanu:

I am the way to triplets. Do me once and you would be popping triplets every year till you reach menopause

Lol! Na wa o! grin grin
Re: Can You Determine The Gender Of Your Child Before Conceiving? by Busybody2(f): 2:03pm On Jun 05, 2012
kristonium: @op
try chinese calendar.its about 90% accurate.i have experimented with it and it worked.u can check it with already born children,urself and ur siblings to know the degree of accuracy.
i still believe prayers never fail and dat remains the ultimate!
cheers!

Ehn, me that I am already putting aside the 16 years it will take me to calculate and make sense of all those figures up there, how many years would it take to calculate the already born ones tongue
Re: Can You Determine The Gender Of Your Child Before Conceiving? by Busybody2(f): 2:10pm On Jun 05, 2012
Tgirl4real: ehn ehn BB,

Who said women have to marry men, what happened to Sisters doing it for themselves ehn tongue
blank:

2 kids and counting. grin

Hehehe see superwoman oh where me I dey look for means to run away alone hoping to find my single-pickin-free-life where I left it cheesy I am sure this ya calender will come into many use - for counting down until the day they leave home for Uni/marriage tongue

How's your little Bubba's rash by the way.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Can You Remarry Your Divorced Spouse / Can You Marry Someone From A Broken Home? / Making Down Payment For Dowry!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.