Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,292 members, 7,818,988 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:35 AM

Would You Prefer To Know The Gender Of Your Baby Before Giving Birth? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Would You Prefer To Know The Gender Of Your Baby Before Giving Birth? (8241 Views)

What Will You Name Your First Child And The Gender You Hope Or Want It To Be? / Pregnant During Wedding Or Baby Before Wedding / Can You Determine The Gender Of Your Child Before Conceiving? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would You Prefer To Know The Gender Of Your Baby Before Giving Birth? by Rolly: 5:50pm On Feb 04, 2006
i personally wouldnt like to know becos when i give birth, seeing that its a boy would make no difference because i would have known already, but if i didnt know and i see a boy or girl i would be so happy and shout "its a boy!!!!"or "its a girl!!!" with genuine suprise and joy. besides i think knowing the sex of a baby b4 birth kinda takes away the joy of giving birth. i know we have to know what names and what clothes to buy but there are unisex clothes and unisex names. so what do u ladies/girls think?
Re: Would You Prefer To Know The Gender Of Your Baby Before Giving Birth? by dejiolowe: 8:21am On Feb 05, 2006
i tried so much to know the sex of my baby but she was always turning her back when we did scans.
Re: Would You Prefer To Know The Gender Of Your Baby Before Giving Birth? by chillin(f): 8:25am On Feb 05, 2006
dejiolowe:

she was always turning her back when we did scans.
lol thatz one smart baby! cheesy she knew your plans!!

1 Like

Re: Would You Prefer To Know The Gender Of Your Baby Before Giving Birth? by dejiolowe: 8:44am On Feb 05, 2006
chillin:

cheesy thatz one smart baby! cheesy she knew your plans!!
am going to show her pepper!
Re: Would You Prefer To Know The Gender Of Your Baby Before Giving Birth? by chillin(f): 8:59am On Feb 05, 2006
dejiolowe:

am going to show her pepper!
Noooo way! show her pepper?? shocked thatz soo mean! anywho if u try anythin! i'll show u more than pepper! let go of the poor gurl!!
Re: Would You Prefer To Know The Gender Of Your Baby Before Giving Birth? by mizkay(f): 2:21pm On Feb 05, 2006
I not really bothered ...all i would want is a beautiful baby.all fingers and toes to count! sex of the child is a complete non-issue to me! I think I would thoroughly enjoy the 'making' bit of the baby and the 'producing' bit of it...ehehehe wink
Re: Would You Prefer To Know The Gender Of Your Baby Before Giving Birth? by Z4M4eva(f): 3:58pm On Feb 05, 2006
I don't really need to know the sex of the baby before birth...I'll prefer to know when I have the baby and not before.
Re: Would You Prefer To Know The Gender Of Your Baby Before Giving Birth? by dejiolowe: 11:16pm On Feb 05, 2006
Z4M4eva:

I don't really need to know the sex of the baby before birth...I'll prefer to know when I have the baby and not before.
you will need to know when u want to shop. my wife went thru hell not knowing what to buy. how i wish i knew i was going to v a girl, she saw so many lovely pinkly girl stuff but she had to settle for bland sexless clothes coz she didnt know what was coming out.
Re: Would You Prefer To Know The Gender Of Your Baby Before Giving Birth? by Rolly: 2:36am On Feb 06, 2006
i think thats part of the joy of having a baby, not knowing what to buy. personally, i think my husband and i are going to have a lot of fun guessing!!!! till the time comes sha *wink*
Re: Would You Prefer To Know The Gender Of Your Baby Before Giving Birth? by dejiolowe: 7:18am On Feb 06, 2006
Rolly:

i think thats part of the joy of having a baby, not knowing what to buy. personally,
it is not joy, it is frustration. especially when someone is spending so much to go and do shopping somewhere far far away. when is she going to v time to go again? or is it me, male, that would know what is good for female children?
Re: Would You Prefer To Know The Gender Of Your Baby Before Giving Birth? by hotangel2(f): 8:53am On Feb 06, 2006
dejiolowe:

it is not joy, it is frustration. especially when someone is spending so much to go and do shopping somewhere far far away. when is she going to v time to go again? or is it me, male, that would know what is good for female children?

i cant stop laughing at ur posts.

Anyways.. i would sorta wanna know the sex of my baby. I really would.. so i can choose names and buy stuffs, and be ready and plan on how to raise it (if it's a boy, i tighten my seat belt.. wink cheesy)
Re: Would You Prefer To Know The Gender Of Your Baby Before Giving Birth? by Z4M4eva(f): 10:25am On Feb 06, 2006
@Dejiolowe...well I guess thats just your opinion, Like I said I don't really need to know, there are Unisex baby clothes out there!!!
Re: Would You Prefer To Know The Gender Of Your Baby Before Giving Birth? by dejiolowe: 10:33am On Feb 06, 2006
Z4M4eva:

@Dejiolowe...well I guess thats just your opinion, Like I said I don't really need to know, there are Unisex baby clothes out there!!!
unisex clothes r so crappy. like what u give haemaphrodites. that is what my baby is wearing now. she looks like mungo park's second daughter duh!
Re: Would You Prefer To Know The Gender Of Your Baby Before Giving Birth? by Z4M4eva(f): 10:41am On Feb 06, 2006
Well...that's sad sad
Re: Would You Prefer To Know The Gender Of Your Baby Before Giving Birth? by Rolly: 11:37pm On Feb 06, 2006
oh, dejilowe. i feel ur pain but all the same, i wouldnt want to know the sex of my baby before birth. i might change my mind later o! cos i'm olny 16 now and i think i know what i want, but as for now sha o! i dont want to know. *smile*
Re: Would You Prefer To Know The Gender Of Your Baby Before Giving Birth? by dejiolowe: 9:36am On Feb 07, 2006
@rolly when u grow older, u will understand what i mean
Re: Would You Prefer To Know The Gender Of Your Baby Before Giving Birth? by palabest: 11:41am On Feb 07, 2006
Knowing upfront will spoil all the fun. As for baby cloths, you can always buy just a few unisex and buy a lot more of the particular sex when you have the baby. smiley smiley smiley
Re: Would You Prefer To Know The Gender Of Your Baby Before Giving Birth? by ijebuman(m): 12:42pm On Feb 07, 2006
I'm dying to know mine, it is frustrating grin wink
Re: Would You Prefer To Know The Gender Of Your Baby Before Giving Birth? by mikun(f): 12:50pm On Feb 07, 2006
We personally wanted to know and it didn't spoil anything. It was not because of the clothes because I could still go and shop later. I don't think I could have waited.
Even if we didn't want to know for our 2nd boy it was obvious he is a guy because of the thing that was just there and so obvious immediately the lady placed the thing on my tummy. I have kept the scan photos and will show him when he becomes a "big" man.
Re: Would You Prefer To Know The Gender Of Your Baby Before Giving Birth? by debbieolat(f): 1:08pm On Feb 07, 2006
I wouldn't want to know the sex of my baby because I can get online on delivery day or ask my husband to order babies clothes and it will be delivered next day so no worries about clothes
Re: Would You Prefer To Know The Gender Of Your Baby Before Giving Birth? by shockreaction(m): 1:42pm On Feb 07, 2006
All of you (who aren't in Nigeria) complaining about the frustration of having to go out shopping, there's this thing called online shopping you know... grin

I really can't be bothered about the sex of my baby if/when my wife (if I get married), is about to have one...
Re: Would You Prefer To Know The Gender Of Your Baby Before Giving Birth? by layi(m): 1:47pm On Feb 07, 2006
@dejiolowe

Theer are other ways of knowing the sex. Advanced scanning would see the baby's pubicoccyxgeal bones. Its different between male and female. Or sending some stimuli to make the baby turn.  Anyway its a bit dangerous to the growing foetus so to be on a safer side, Do scans at different times of the day.

Buying clothes is not a problem. Just arrange wit a clothier. Clothes can be arranged within hrs.

The sad thing is that some men want to know if its a boy and if NOT, I pity the woman. Na that time im go know say im get 7 month business trip to England. Why you think say na mostly ladies dey bear Bidemi.
Re: Would You Prefer To Know The Gender Of Your Baby Before Giving Birth? by Motee(f): 1:51pm On Feb 07, 2006
I wouldn't mind and I do not think it's a bad idea anyway.
Re: Would You Prefer To Know The Gender Of Your Baby Before Giving Birth? by Rolly: 3:54pm On Feb 07, 2006
dejiolowe:

@rolly when u grow older, u will understand what i mean

hmmmmm.......... till then sha
Re: Would You Prefer To Know The Gender Of Your Baby Before Giving Birth? by hotangel2(f): 7:36pm On Feb 07, 2006
I want to know oo. I really really wanna know.
Re: Would You Prefer To Know The Gender Of Your Baby Before Giving Birth? by hipcaramel(f): 9:49pm On Feb 07, 2006
i like suspense so i don't think i'd like to know my baby's gender before birth. also the element of suprise adds to the whole experience. then again who knows; maybe when the time comes, curiosity will get the better of me and i'll end up finding out. i'll let ya'll know when it happens.

@dejiolowe, Dara looks adorable no matter what she wears. wink kiss cheesy
Re: Would You Prefer To Know The Gender Of Your Baby Before Giving Birth? by Xinfu(f): 10:43pm On Feb 07, 2006
I'm married and I'm 18... so will take a while to want to have children after some of the kids I've seen... they drive you crazy.... but I have 4 sisters (twins) so that's most probably why... and I think I wil be scared when my tummy gets bigger :s oh dear hehe but I think i wud wait untill the baby is born.... all this making babies in tube stuff and knowing the sex isn't for everyone... smiley
Re: Would You Prefer To Know The Gender Of Your Baby Before Giving Birth? by snazzydawn(f): 10:46pm On Feb 07, 2006
I would LOVE to know the sex of my baby so that we would start choosing names and shopping for the gender...
talk of organised shopping!!!
Re: Would You Prefer To Know The Gender Of Your Baby Before Giving Birth? by alheri(f): 10:13am On Feb 08, 2006
Well I agree with everything deji said. Its so much easier when you know the sex of your baby before birth. When I was pregnant with my son, he also kept on hiding away his genitals from the scan and it was so frustrating. So while doing my shopping, I shopped for unisex clothes(very ugly things) and also bought some female stuff cos I actually wanted a girl. When I had him and he turned out to be a boy I was so pissed cos I had bought some really expensive girl clothes. I had to give them to my sis for her daughter and she has refused to pay me the agreed sum after 4yrs! So when my daughter was coming, I made sure I found out the sex and so I bought all those beautiful pinky stuff for her!

And I just love the feel of the scan all over my stomach, its so ticklish cheesy
Re: Would You Prefer To Know The Gender Of Your Baby Before Giving Birth? by SIBLI06(m): 12:45pm On Feb 09, 2006
Do I by blue or Pink!!
I would love to know the sex of our child! My wife's 18 weeks pregnant with our first child. Hopefully next scan we will find out!
Re: Would You Prefer To Know The Gender Of Your Baby Before Giving Birth? by Free(f): 12:56am On Feb 10, 2006
well would i like to know
not really,i dont wanna know
cuz i dont care,
because the doctors are not always accurate
ma aunt was pregnant and they told her she was gonna have a boy
the baby came out and to everybodies suprise it was a gurl..
so i dont know.....
Re: Would You Prefer To Know The Gender Of Your Baby Before Giving Birth? by Renike(f): 8:47pm On Feb 10, 2006
sure why not?
and the first berra be a boy. smiley

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Husband Said I Eat Like A Thief I Need To Prove Him Wrong / See What People Are Buying Now For Arthritis - Knee Protector / What Do I On Birthdays Of Lost Loved Ones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.