Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,192 members, 7,818,633 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:18 PM

Six New States Coming Soon - National Assembly - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Six New States Coming Soon - National Assembly (30393 Views)

The List Of New States To Be Created In Nigeria Approved By The CONFAB / Is Vulcan Energy LLC Really Going To Build Six New Oil Refineries? / Six New States For A New Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Six New States Coming Soon - National Assembly by ak47mann(m): 9:56pm On May 29, 2012
‎6 New States Coming Soon - National Assembly.

The quest for creation of more states by some groups in Nigeria will be actualized soon according to members of the National Assembly that spoke to Hope for Nigeria yesterday.

They disclose that the creation will bring all the geo-political zones at par in respect to number of states.

The South East currently with fives states, will get two more states. North East with six states now, will have an additional state. South-South and South West will add an more state to their current six, while North Central will have the remaining one.

This will bring to 42, total the number of states in Nigeria after the current review of the 1999 constitution by the National assembly.

Report any suspicious persons and object to the law enforcement agencies, as that will save lives.

https://www.facebook.com/hopefornigeria
http://premiumtimesng.com/news/national/5357-nass_set_to_create_6_additional_states_-_says_lawmaker.html

1 Like

Re: Six New States Coming Soon - National Assembly by AndreUweh(m): 10:00pm On May 29, 2012
From the South west, I think Ibadan state is ripe enough for creation.
Re: Six New States Coming Soon - National Assembly by ak47mann(m): 10:01pm On May 29, 2012
for anambra i dont no if njaba will be mapped out from anambra hope our brothers from delta state come in on board and join SE cool cool
Re: Six New States Coming Soon - National Assembly by ak47mann(m): 10:04pm On May 29, 2012
Andre Uweh: From the South west, I think Ibadan state is ripe enough for creation.
that is possible but remember they have to create states that can sustain herself as-well cool.
Re: Six New States Coming Soon - National Assembly by AndreUweh(m): 10:17pm On May 29, 2012
ak47mann: that is possible but remember they have to create states that can sustain herself as-well cool.
Ibadan state has got everything it takes to be a state. Almost what sustains the present Oyo state are bound in Ibadan region.
Cocoa research institute,
IITA,
Unibadan and Poly Ibadan.
Nigerian Breweries LTD.
Exide batteries.
Autoglass.
A population of more than 3 million
etc.

2 Likes

Re: Six New States Coming Soon - National Assembly by aljharem(m): 10:19pm On May 29, 2012
would like to see abia divided into two, Ngwa state and Aro state

then Anambra into Onistha state and Anambra state

Or

Imos state into Mbasi state and Imo

That way SE got there 7 states.
Re: Six New States Coming Soon - National Assembly by AndreUweh(m): 10:25pm On May 29, 2012
alj harem: would like to see abia divided into two, Ngwa state and Aro state

then Anambra into Onistha state and Anambra state

Or

Imos state into Mbasi state and Imo

That way SE got there 7 states.

In Imo state, Mbaise people are not clamouring for a state. In Abia state, Aro people are not also asking for a state.

1 Like

Re: Six New States Coming Soon - National Assembly by Obiagu1(m): 10:39pm On May 29, 2012
A beg, make dem no divide Anambra State oo!

7 Likes

Re: Six New States Coming Soon - National Assembly by dasparrow: 10:44pm On May 29, 2012
As if creating more states will solve Nigeria's incessant problems. Anyway, let them do what they want.

5 Likes

Re: Six New States Coming Soon - National Assembly by emiye(m): 10:52pm On May 29, 2012
Nonsense + Ingredient. More states, when over 90% of the 36 states are not viable.

1 Like

Re: Six New States Coming Soon - National Assembly by Nobody: 11:44pm On May 29, 2012
Obiagu1: A beg, make dem no divide Anambra State oo!

you can say that again bro!
they should leave our state alone! angry
Re: Six New States Coming Soon - National Assembly by godello: 11:49pm On May 29, 2012
At least the dreams of MATHEW MBU may come true! OGOJA STATE, For south-south.

2 Likes

Re: Six New States Coming Soon - National Assembly by Afam4eva(m): 12:03am On May 30, 2012
The government should consider multi-ethnic states like Rivers and Delta.

The Ogoni people have been clamouring for their own state.

Is there a way to join the remaining Ijaws in River state to their brothers in Bayelsa? Do they share a border?

I want all the Igboid groups in rivers state to have their own state.

Anioma should also be given a state, so that the so-called real Deltans can allow them to rest.

I'm really not keen on a state in the south-east. I just hope I'm not carved into another state and. So that Jonathan does not in his wisdom name the state "Ukwu-mango state".

In the south-west, Ibadan state should be looked into. But what will happen to Oyo state when Ibadan is gone. Is it Ogbomoso that will be the capital?

3 Likes

Re: Six New States Coming Soon - National Assembly by AndreUweh(m): 12:05am On May 30, 2012
godello: At least the dreams of MATHEW MBU may come true! OGOJA STATE, For south-south.
From the south south, the only state that requires urgent attension is Anioma state.
What the Ogoja people need is boundary adjustment. The Efiks in Cross river state should be merged with their Ibibio kins in Akwa Ibom.
With this arrangement, Cross River will be a non Efik state.

1 Like

Re: Six New States Coming Soon - National Assembly by Afam4eva(m): 12:06am On May 30, 2012
emiye: Nonsense + Ingredient. More states, when over 90% of the 36 states are not viable.
Contrary to the belief that our states are not viable, they are actually. It's just that they have not been given the room to develop. As long as the FG keeps being father Christmas, no governor will be serious with industralizing their state.

1 Like

Re: Six New States Coming Soon - National Assembly by aljharem(m): 12:08am On May 30, 2012
@ Andre and Afam

Oyo state is not dividing into 2 states

in fact those in SW clamouring for new states are either representing themselves or their pockets

Now the new state that would come from SW is either Lagoon state (lagos state into two)

or ebira-okun state with is Kogi SW

That is it. Don't delude urselves.
Re: Six New States Coming Soon - National Assembly by AndreUweh(m): 12:09am On May 30, 2012
afam4eva: The government should consider multi-ethnic states like Rivers and Delta.

The Ogoni people have been clamouring for their own state.

Is there a way to join the remaining Ijaws in River state to their brothers in Bayelsa? Do they share a border?

I want all the Igboid groups in rivers state to have their own state.

Anioma should also be given a state, so that the so-called real Deltans can allow them to rest.

I'm really not keen on a state in the south-east. I just hope I'm not carved into another state and. So that Jonathan does not in his wisdom name the state "Ukwu-mango state".

In the south-west, Ibadan state should be looked into. But what will happen to Oyo state when Ibadan is gone. Is it Ogbomoso that will be the capital?
Ogbomosho or Oyo town can be the capital.
Ibadan state capital can be located at Moniya. There is so much land there for development.
The two states from the south east should be no1: Njaba-the biggest with 12 LGA's from Imo state and Ihiala in Anambra state. No 2: Enyimba or Aba state with 9 LGA's.

1 Like

Re: Six New States Coming Soon - National Assembly by Afam4eva(m): 12:12am On May 30, 2012
@Al_harem
God forbid that Lagos be divided. How can such a small cornubation be divided.
Re: Six New States Coming Soon - National Assembly by Nobody: 2:32am On May 30, 2012
We don't need states again. Infact, We need to merge so many states to ensure economic viability.

1 Like

Re: Six New States Coming Soon - National Assembly by aljharem(m): 2:34am On May 30, 2012
afam4eva: @Al_harem
God forbid that Lagos be divided. How can such a small cornubation be divided.

thus we don't need anymore states in Nigeria.
Re: Six New States Coming Soon - National Assembly by Musiwa49: 2:36am On May 30, 2012
How can you have 6 six in six zone. who created 6 zone.

Nobody created 6 zone. that is the day the nigeria army will overthrow all of you.

Dont you know majority are feel up with your 419 6 zone. Why do you think the north is bombing all of you.

[img]http://cdn.informationnigeria.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/nigerian-army1.jpg?9d7bd4[img]
Re: Six New States Coming Soon - National Assembly by emiye(m): 2:52am On May 30, 2012
afam4eva:
Contrary to the belief that our states are not viable, they are actually. It's just that they have not been given the room to develop. As long as the FG keeps being father Christmas, no governor will be serious with industralizing their state.

First thing First. Ensure the current ones are at least viable, other things may follow
Re: Six New States Coming Soon - National Assembly by Onlytruth(m): 3:58am On May 30, 2012
I hate state creation, unless it addresses the issue of inequality between the so called zones (I quarrel with the zones anyway, go ask Musiwa cool). If SE balances with other zones. Fine.
But no one should carve out any local government from Anambra state unless the people there want it.
As far as I can see, we are fine there. cool

1 Like

Re: Six New States Coming Soon - National Assembly by Onlytruth(m): 4:02am On May 30, 2012
Andre Uweh:
Ogbomosho or Oyo town can be the capital.
Ibadan state capital can be located at Moniya. There is so much land there for development.
The two states from the south east should be no1: Njaba-the biggest with 12 LGA's from Imo state and Ihiala in Anambra state. No 2: Enyimba or Aba state with 9 LGA's.

How do you know that Ihiala folks would want to be carved out of Anambra state?
I would consult far and wide there before carving them into another state, else there will be trouble.
Let those eager for states be carved up and be given the states.
State creation involving LGA's should even be put up to a vote (referendum of sorts). We need to start practicing true democracy.
Re: Six New States Coming Soon - National Assembly by nduchucks: 5:56am On May 30, 2012
How viable would the new states be?

At the last count the following proposed states are in the mill waiting for attention.

They are---from South-East; Aba (Abia), Adada (Enugu), Orashi (Imo), Ugwuaku (Imo, Abia, Anambra), Etiti (Imo, Abia, Anambra), Equity (Abia, Anambra, Enugu, Imo, Ebonyi), Njaba (Imo) and Orimili (Anambra, Imo, Delta). Abia, Imo, and Anambra to be broken up.

North-West: Karaduwa (Katsina), Corara (Kaduna), New Kaduna (Kaduna), Tiga (Kano), Chari and Bayajida (Katsina).

South-West: New Oyo (Oyo), Remo-Ijebu (Ogun), Ijesha (Osun), Oduduwa (Osun), Ijebu (Ogun), Ibadan (Oyo), Yewa (Ogun) Ose (Ondo), Lagoon (Lagos) and Oluwa (Ondo).

South-South: Ahoada (Rivers); Toru Ebe (Delta, Edo, Ondo), Ogoja (Cross River), Urhobo(Delta), Minji Se (Rivers), Ado (Delta), Confluence (Edo, Kogi, Nasarawa), Bori (Rivers), Anioma (Delta), Oil Rivers (Akwa Ibom, Rivers), Warri (Delta) New Delta (Delta) and Ethiope (Delta).

North-West: Karaduwa (Katsina), Corara (Kaduna), New Kaduna (Kaduna), Tiga (Kano), Chari and Bayajida (Katsina).

North-Central: Kainji (Niger, Edu (Niger, Kwara), Okura (Kogi), Borgu and Okun (Ekiti, Ondo, Kwara, Kogi and Apa(Benue).

North-East: Katagun (Bauchi), Amana (Adamawa) and New Borno (Borno).

There are actually 45 requests for the creation of new states on the table of the Committee on the Review of the 1999 Constitution. Six may be granted from what I posted above. We really should be merging states instead of breaking them up, each geopolitical zone should actually become a state IMHO.

The so-called Confluence state would be quite interesting - that would require Edo state to be broken up as well. smiley
Re: Six New States Coming Soon - National Assembly by Brixtonyute(m): 6:03am On May 30, 2012
Rubbish country.

1 Like

Re: Six New States Coming Soon - National Assembly by Odunnu: 6:07am On May 30, 2012
There's already an advert on air for Equity state- A state that has a part of all the other existing SE state. Sounds like fun
Re: Six New States Coming Soon - National Assembly by Brixtonyute(m): 6:11am On May 30, 2012
^Fun to have another dump of a state... Crazy Nigerians and their owanbe on everything.. How is Ekiti, Kogi, Bayelsa etc. doing?? lipsrsealed
Re: Six New States Coming Soon - National Assembly by Brixtonyute(m): 6:14am On May 30, 2012
Can I get a state in my in-law's yard in Ibadan? smiley

1 Like

Re: Six New States Coming Soon - National Assembly by nduchucks: 6:20am On May 30, 2012
I need to find out what part of Ekiti ekt_bear comes from ASAP. Armed with that information, I'd lobby very hard to include that region in new Okun State (Ekiti, Ondo, Kwara, Kogi) which will be in the North Central zone. Can you imagine ekt_bear becoming a Northerner? That would be poetic justice. So ekt_bear, what's the name of your hometown if fear no catch you? LWKMD cheesy

1 Like

Re: Six New States Coming Soon - National Assembly by lexkuba: 6:38am On May 30, 2012
And what do an ordinary nigerian like us stand to get when the current states are converted to autonomous LGA's
Re: Six New States Coming Soon - National Assembly by Nobody: 7:09am On May 30, 2012
A reorganisation of the geo-political zones is necessary to bring parity between them.each zone should have equal number of states,equal representation in the senate,equal number of representatives in the house of representatives.
Anioma state should be created.taraba state should be moved to north central,taraba is not supposed to be in northeast.southern kaduna should be carved out from kaduna and made a new state which should be in north central.for the sake of equality in political representation among all zones,8 new states should be created.one in SW,one in SS,one in NW,two in NE to compensate for taraba joing NC,3 in SE bringing the total number of states to 48.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigeria Set To Fully Deregulate Downstream, Petrol To Sell For Over N100 A Litre / Boko Haram Attacks Troops In Borno, Kills 5 Soldiers, 3 Vigilantes, 1 CJTF / Ayiri Emami Pictured With Dangote & Oshiomhole At Eko Hotel In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.