Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,028 members, 7,956,813 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 07:50 PM

This Question Is For The Men! - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / This Question Is For The Men! (9607 Views)

Man Feels Guilty Everytime His Wife Reigns Curses On The Men Who Raped Her. / What Really Is The Way To A Man's Heart? (for The Men Only) / I'm Planning Of Marriage But The Question Is Can 30,000 Salary Sustain Both Of Us (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Question Is For The Men! by moremi2008(m): 11:10pm On May 30, 2012
Men should not allow their egos to get in the way of family progress. Both of you are in this institution of marriage TOGETHER and it is this notion of togetherness that should influence your decision. Two issues are salient about this situation:

1) It's a slam-dunk positive for your wife (career-wise and income-wise)
2) The move will be relatively hassle free for you career-wise because your skill-set is in high demand anywhere and you won't have any difficulty finding another job

In this situation, the best thing for the FAMILY is to move with your wife. Depriving your wife of a great career move without any good reason will only breed future resentment and marital strife. Men need to start seeing marriage as a true partnership between two individuals with perfectly aligned interests. You decision-making process has to progress from being "husband-centric" to being "family-centric". You should always make decisions based on what's good for the family as a combined whole because what's good for your wife is also good for you and your children. In this particular case, given the facts provided, the OP should move with the wife.

PS - I recently ran into an old friend who quit his engineering job last year to go be with his wife who is completing a cardiology fellowship at a top-notch hospital. He found a new job after a few months of searching. They are both very happy and the wife is particularly grateful for the sacrifice. That family is probably one of the happiest young families I have ever seen and I look forward to seeing them emerge as a top power couple.

5 Likes

Re: This Question Is For The Men! by Nobody: 11:14pm On May 30, 2012
Gaggi: This is a potential divorcee in d making. U would relocate even if ur husband doesn't approve. U shld have remained single. Marriage is for those who knw what it entails.

Most likely a very unhappy home at the moment. I guess some women let the illusion of success get to their heads until they get to the point of marriage be damned.

I'm sure her husband is just worried about getting an equivalent or better job should he have to relocate because of his wife. The same women crying foul would be the first to relegate the man to the background should they end up the breadwinners.
Re: This Question Is For The Men! by Nobody: 11:15pm On May 30, 2012
moremi2008: Men should not allow their egos to get in the way of family progress. Both of you are in this institution of marriage TOGETHER and it is this notion of togetherness that should influence your decision. Two issues are salient about this situation:

2) The move will be relatively hassle free for you career-wise because your skill-set is in high demand anywhere and you won't have any difficulty finding another job

In this situation, the best thing for the FAMILY is to move with your wife. Depriving your wife of a great career move without any good reason will only breed future resentment and marital strife. Men need to start seeing marriage as a true partnership between two individuals with perfectly aligned interests. You decision-making process has to progress from being "husband-centric" to being "family-centric". You should always make decisions based on what's good for the family as a combined whole because what's good for your wife is also good for you and your children. In this particular case, given the facts provided, the OP should move with the wife.

PS - I recently ran into an old friend who quit his engineering job last year to go be with his wife who is completing a cardiology fellowship at a top-notch hospital. He found a new job after a few months of searching. They are both very happy and the wife is particularly grateful for the sacrifice. That family is probably one of the happiest young families I have ever seen and I look forward to seeing them emerge as a top power couple.

you've said it all... Daresh would take heed to read this before reading the riot act to her husband.
Re: This Question Is For The Men! by Daresh(f): 11:42pm On May 30, 2012
davidylan:

Most likely a very unhappy home at the moment. I guess some women let the illusion of success get to their heads until they get to the point of marriage be damned.

I'm sure her husband is just worried about getting an equivalent or better job should he have to relocate because of his wife. The same women crying foul would be the first to relegate the man to the background should they end up the breadwinners.

Ok now you really don't understand. This is a hypothetical situation based on a tv show! First of all I have no plans to relocate anywhere. Secondly my husband doesn't have a "job" he runs a company and I DO NOT expect him to relocate anywhere at least not now. If thing change and the situation requires I move and dt will be the best move for the family then I expect him to put his ego aside like moremi suggested and do what is best for us all. Marriage is a partnership not a dominion of one over the other Thirdly my home is far from unhappy. In marriage I have come to realise dt his upbringing is totally diff from mine, and so he doesn't really see things from my point of view but small small sha. Pls as I said it is hypothetical o! It is not happening in my home pls!
Re: This Question Is For The Men! by Daresh(f): 11:47pm On May 30, 2012
Gaggi: This is a potential divorcee in d making. U would relocate even if ur husband doesn't approve. U shld have remained single. Marriage is for those who knw what it entails.

You take heed to ur own post. Do you know what marriage entails?
Re: This Question Is For The Men! by Nobody: 1:12am On May 31, 2012
These men! no sacrifice at all for your wife then una go dey form better husband.
Re: This Question Is For The Men! by PrettyCindy(f): 7:06am On May 31, 2012
Johndoe100: @OP
I have spent many yrs away frm my family. It's not easy but you do it for the good of your family.

My God! Are you married? Like seriously? With all the negativity you vomit here, i never pegged you for a married man. Na wah ooo.
Re: This Question Is For The Men! by Busybody2(f): 7:17am On May 31, 2012
tongue Since you said this topic is only for the men cool

Hmmm, Dafidi and Gaggi "mean" well. Its well known Davidylan can be "deep" but you woulda knocked me down sideways with a feather that the vacuous Gaggi was anything but lipsrsealed
Re: This Question Is For The Men! by Riskymallam: 8:01am On May 31, 2012
davidylan:

the OP has not provided enough information for you to make this baseless conclusion to be honest.
1. Is the husband established in a business that is easily transferable to another location? How far is the new location to where they live now?
2. How old are the kids? Are you willing to move them out of school all of a sudden to a new location and start searching for a comparable school for them?
3. Any job opportunities for hubby in the new location?
4. Is the move necessary financially or career-wise or is this just another lateral move that is no better than what she presently has?
5. Cost of living? Lower or higher in new location? How does this affect the family budget?

So many issues the husband has to deal with... and you've already labeled him a selfish brute? No wonder the likes of Johndoe and Richvkunt are so harsh in their assessment of much of what passes for "advice" in this section.

I agree with much of what you posted.

A lot has to be considered, friends in the vicinity, schools for the kids, a place of worship.

Moving isn't easy, adaptation is another thing to be considered.

It'll be easier if there were no kids involved. But if kids are involved, rooting them around from school to school will be detrimental to their long term academic prowess.

Basically, sacrifices will have to be made.

@op, next time please give us a clearer picture.
Re: This Question Is For The Men! by nikkygal(f): 8:03am On May 31, 2012
[b]
moremi2008: Men should not allow their egos to get in the way of family progress. Both of you are in this institution of marriage TOGETHER and it is this notion of togetherness that should influence your decision. Two issues are salient about this situation:

In this situation, the best thing for the FAMILY is to move with your wife. Depriving your wife of a great career move without any good reason will only breed future resentment and marital strife. Men need to start seeing marriage as a true partnership between two individuals with perfectly aligned interests. You decision-making process has to progress from being "husband-centric" to being "family-centric". You should always make decisions based on what's good for the family as a combined whole because what's good for your wife is also good for you and your children. In this particular case, given the facts provided, the OP should move with the wife.[/b]

GBAM!!!

100% co-signed. I have a deep sense of respect for such men that put their fragile egos aside to ensure they do what's best for their family.The wife is blessed & i hope she continues to hold that man in very high regard, becuase such men are rare.
Re: This Question Is For The Men! by Nobody: 8:26am On May 31, 2012
Busy_body:
tongue Since you said this topic is only for the men cool

Hmmm, Dafidi and Gaggi "mean" well. Its well known Davidylan can be "deep" but you woulda knocked me down sideways with a feather that the vacuous Gaggi was anything but lipsrsealed

Like seriously, sometimes keeping it shut does a whole lot of good ehn...busybody. wink
Re: This Question Is For The Men! by Busybody2(f): 9:39am On May 31, 2012
Gaggi:

Like seriously, sometimes keeping it shut does a whole lot of good ehn...busybody. wink

Like seriously, what is the opposite of good, e wan worse pass worst ni tongue see you shoving my compliment back in my face tongue

And how can I keep my fingers shut. And I am the one in yabaleft, pssssft cool
Re: This Question Is For The Men! by Tgirl4real(f): 9:53am On May 31, 2012
Busybody, would u go back and get that cake ready tongue

Where d party at o? Me neva chop for 3 days o
Re: This Question Is For The Men! by taryour(f): 11:00am On May 31, 2012
Tgirl4real: Busybody, would u go back and get that cake ready tongue

ha ha tt,u still dey dis thread?abi u don turn to man ni?
Re: This Question Is For The Men! by taryour(f): 11:06am On May 31, 2012
Busy_body:

Like seriously, what is the opposite of good, e wan worse pass worst ni tongue see you shoving my compliment back in my face tongue

And how can I keep my fingers shut. And I am the one in yabaleft, pssssft cool

bb baby, i just couldnt help it,i ad to eavesdrop on u n tt conversation, me likey cake wella wella,pls can i av some
Re: This Question Is For The Men! by Lenny5000(m): 11:14am On May 31, 2012
Daresh:

There is no laying down the law. We all have choices to make in life and if I decide that is the choice for me I expect him to understand. If he doesn't want to come then I will go without him. Case closed!

Like you Rightly said we all have choices to make as long as we don't make the ones we will spend the rest of our life regretting! That is why before you get married you have to spend some good time truly knowing each other and discuss how you would handle difficult situations... Your husband has the mind set of "I married you and not the other way" I dont think such mind sets can be changed over night.. If he sees it as a taboo to move with his wife, then you have a lot of explanations to do so he understands he is not just following his wife but for the betterment of the family and if he doesn't understand, will that be enough reason to throw away the marriage? ..Then again it will depend on how solid the marriage is in the first place?... But are there any guarantee that the next marriage or relationship will be better than this one? So many things to think about when we make difficult decisions ... Bless
Re: This Question Is For The Men! by Busybody2(f): 11:35am On May 31, 2012
Tgirl4real: Busybody, would u go back and get that cake ready tongue

taryour:

bb baby, i just couldnt help it,i ad to eavesdrop on u n tt conversation, me likey cake wella wella,pls can i av some

Haba, see awon wobias cheesy Well, maybe things have changed for you youth of this generation, but in my own time back in the days, year 1920 to be precise, na you pipu suppose buy me cake oh tongue

Taryour please tell me it is those dense rich wedding cake you like too, not those fluffy cotton wool ones wey dey always fall apart oh. Chei why am I suddenly hungry grin
Re: This Question Is For The Men! by taryour(f): 11:54am On May 31, 2012
Busy_body:

Haba, see awon wobias cheesy Well, maybe things have changed for you youth of this generation, but in my own time back in the days, year 1920 to be precise, na you pipu suppose buy me cake oh tongue

Taryour please tell me it is those dense rich wedding cake you like too, not those fluffy cotton wool ones wey dey always fall apart oh. Chei why am I suddenly hungry grin

bb,if na for cake i be correct wobia of d highest order o,na joke u think say i dey do cake to make money ni, i dey bake correct correct,infact at d moment i get correct solid delicious cake on my kitchen table. Eida fluffy,dense,strong, brown,pink,e.t.c e.t.c cake,all na cake. Wait i dey come,make i blutooth cake reach ya side......

U don open ur mouth soo....
Re: This Question Is For The Men! by eastman11: 4:51pm On May 31, 2012
I leave in a building where two of my neighbours one a married woman whose husband is abroad and comes once a yr and the other a man who lost his wife early last yr have been fucking hell out of themselves for some months now.
If you don't want your wife to be a public property keep her close to you, women are all the same, easy to convince when you use the right formula.
Re: This Question Is For The Men! by shollyfinboi(m): 4:51pm On May 31, 2012
it depend on the two of them, they have to agree on maybe she should go or not,
it all depends on the husband..
Re: This Question Is For The Men! by SIRNIMS(m): 4:51pm On May 31, 2012
I will agree if she lace her punany with the powerful "magun" to prevent chua chua. she must buy different vibrators to service her self when in need
Re: This Question Is For The Men! by Tgirl4real(f): 5:09pm On May 31, 2012
taryour:

bb,if na for cake i be correct wobia of d highest order o,na joke u think say i dey do cake to make money ni, i dey bake correct correct,infact at d moment i get correct solid delicious cake on my kitchen table. Eida fluffy,dense,strong, brown,pink,e.t.c e.t.c cake,all na cake. Wait i dey come,make i blutooth cake reach ya side......

U don open ur mouth soo....

Chei!!!

Taryour, are u in lagos? can I come for some cake I don dey salivate already grin

https://www.nairaland.com/951586/happy-birthday-honeric01-busybody-e.t.c#10973745

Daresh,

you just painted a clearer picture.
Re: This Question Is For The Men! by Nobody: 5:14pm On May 31, 2012
If the job pays very well in dollars or pounds. She is free to go!
Re: This Question Is For The Men! by midpoint: 5:34pm On May 31, 2012
if my wife gets a great job somewhere and i can easily transfer or get another one we will move with her but if i cant easily get another one, i will think thrice!

1 Like

Re: This Question Is For The Men! by Afam4eva(m): 5:48pm On May 31, 2012
If my wife goes that far for a job then i'll have to consider getting a divorce. I need my wife to be around to do wifely duties before man go go commit sin.
Re: This Question Is For The Men! by Daresh(f): 5:48pm On May 31, 2012
midpoint: if my wife gets a great job somewhere and i can easily transfer or get another one we will move with her but if i cant easily get another one, i will think thrice!

thats more like it! Men willing to support their wives to be all that she can be and not just living in his shadow!
Re: This Question Is For The Men! by aieromon(m): 5:49pm On May 31, 2012
It's something I would do without any hassle.
I love and respect women who are career-driven.
Re: This Question Is For The Men! by Heck: 5:59pm On May 31, 2012
I just want to comment becos of this Daresh lady. Madam, I thump up for your hubby. The example you gave shows he is managing u right, else u would be out there hating marriages.

I have a working wife. Her salary is for her, pocket money. My pay slips are everywhere in d house. Hers is sacred, unseeable. I take every conceiveable bill. Rent, electricity, food, kids uniform etc. Mind u, I have a good wife. But her goodness does not extend to sharing her income. So u are saying I should move with her to say Abuja assuming she is transferred with a pay of #500k that is twice my pay. You are sick

Did she marry me? David captured my thoughts, d OP needed to have provided more information, for meaningful advise.

God forbid that I depend on woman for anything other than intimacy
Re: This Question Is For The Men! by stagger: 6:00pm On May 31, 2012
My wife has no business working in a town separate from where I live. Plain and simple. Marriage is meant for couples to live together, and no amount of work can separate that. That is why I got my wife to resign from her previous job and set up a business for her which is paying her well.
Re: This Question Is For The Men! by onoja12: 6:03pm On May 31, 2012
funny question if it me i would tell that wife to sit her ass down or shes on her own.the question is money and family which comes first,or better still i take a second wife that way we are all happy
Re: This Question Is For The Men! by stagger: 6:07pm On May 31, 2012
Following up from this post, I know a couple. Man working as a lecturer in one town, holding himself, wife transferred to Abuja, holding herself.

Few months later. My guy, sex-starved, started seeing all the undergrad girls in his school and it was like scales had fallen off his eyes. Started enjoying himself. Wife, seeing Abuja money in action, started banging an Alhaji.

It is better I have my wife around and not suffer the thought of going to prison, because I will surely decapitate any man that even tries to touch her with a chain saw. I know myself and what I can do, so it is better not to tempt the devil or allow the devil to tempt you.
Re: This Question Is For The Men! by Daresh(f): 6:07pm On May 31, 2012
onoja12: funny question if it me i would tell that wife to sit her ass down or shes on her own.the question is money and family which comes first,or better still i take a second wife that way we are all happy

You honestly think you can be happy with a second wife ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Husband Is Already Cheating Three (3)weeks After Our Wedding / Lagos City Bicycle Club / 5 Survival Tips For Raising A Large Family

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.