Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,216 members, 7,818,731 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:21 PM

This Question Is For The Men! - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / This Question Is For The Men! (9533 Views)

Man Feels Guilty Everytime His Wife Reigns Curses On The Men Who Raped Her. / What Really Is The Way To A Man's Heart? (for The Men Only) / I'm Planning Of Marriage But The Question Is Can 30,000 Salary Sustain Both Of Us (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Question Is For The Men! by ronkebp(f): 2:51pm On Jun 01, 2012
moremi2008:

Please, stop talking like you don't live in this same America where even two incomes are not enough to give your kids the best. Private schools cost $30k a year (houses cost $750k+ in good public school districts), college tuition for good universities is almost $40k... you do the math and let me know whether it makes sense to hold on to the idea that men should be the "sole-providers". I guess as long as you're ready to continuing living in the ghettos of Philly, rocking your husband's $80k a year salary, then nothing shele! It all depends on your standards and how deep your husband's pocket is. Just stop spouting this "sole-provider" nonsense because modern society rarely works like that anymore.

Yeah, modern society rarely works like that and majority of them have gone crazy, there are so many mad people living with real human beings in the same advanced society just because of the unnecessary stress they have put themselves in. I love the western society but not everything they do is worth emulating, so many things have gone wrong.

I do not support a man being the sole-provider either, since he obviously does not have what it takes to be the sole-provider, my post was directed to the guy that said he left his fiancee because she did not want to quit her job, as if he was really ready to carry her cross. We still have men who are sole-providers and are not crying.
Re: This Question Is For The Men! by moremi2008(m): 3:10pm On Jun 01, 2012
ronkebp:

Yeah, modern society rarely works like that and majority of them have gone crazy, there are so many mad people living with real human beings in the same advanced society just because of the unnecessary stress they have put themselves in. I love the western society but not everything they do is worth emulating, so many things have gone wrong.

I do not support a man being the sole-provider either, since he obviously does not have what it takes to be the sole-provider, my post was directed to the guy that said he left his fiancee because she did not want to quit her job, as if he was really ready to carry her cross. We still have men who are sole-providers and are not crying.

OK. Yeah, the West has its own set of issues but I am increasingly thinking I'll take those instead of the madness that seems to reign in Naija.
Re: This Question Is For The Men! by ronkebp(f): 3:15pm On Jun 01, 2012
moremi2008:

OK. Yeah, the West has its own set of issues but I am increasingly thinking I'll take those instead of the madness that seems to reign in Naija.

I still prefer Naija madness, anyday, anytime. The crace here is nothing to write home about.
Re: This Question Is For The Men! by Daresh(f): 4:24pm On Jun 01, 2012
livapul86: In an earlier post, I said that I won't move without tying down a job first. But if the job my wife got is a political appointment such as Minister for OYEL Resources, then I would be the one begging her 'Baby, pack your bags lets start moving'.

Hahahahaha cheesy cheesy cheesy ol boy no take laff kill me die!
Re: This Question Is For The Men! by Nobody: 4:37pm On Jun 01, 2012
Well, people see things differently in life. And people also have different priorities. Y marry when ure not goin to be happy eventually?
greall1: I wonder when nawadays ladies crying for marriage u said its not in ur list well wish u happy home

My dad used to say it was an abomination to see a man in d kitchen wen der was a woman in d house. Well, dat worked wif my mum since shez was very soft (shez changed and she knws her worth nw). Ever since my mum left home for work, every man in d house had to learn to take turn in d kitchen. U don't av to wait upon a woman all d tym or expect her to do ur bidding.
M not sorry to say dis, but it was never written in d holy books dat a woman should slave to a man.
I lyk it wen a man (with good thinkn of course) takes control, I find it very sexy. But it becomes sumfngelse wen he thinks hez d only one allowed to make decisions.

*sigh*
Re: This Question Is For The Men! by beolar(f): 12:36pm On Jun 02, 2012
i know of a woman who the husband allowed to go to the UK(visiting) she was there for a year and half and the husband demand that she comes back home since that was not their plan,(their plan was that he'll apply for visa too so he can join her and if unsuccessful she'll have to com back)they had 3 children ages btw 10 and 4 b4 she left ,she refused and they were actually at it for over two years at the end of the day the man gave her some time to make up her mind whether to come back or not, she didn't and the man got married to another woman early this year.We human generally shd understand that being away from each can cause damage to the relationship,only one in five relationship survives.Both parties need to weight the effect of their decisions on the future of the family.
Re: This Question Is For The Men! by Bee4real: 9:55am On Jun 03, 2012
Pls dont lets 4get dat DISTANCE is a major cause of problem in most r/s my L&G d prototype of marriage from God Almighty, we all C dat dey both live 2gether without distatance. Pls no gree,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

An Informal Letter To Nigerian Women. / Health And Wealth: What A Herbalist Won't Tell You That Do Wonders (photo) / Am I Paranoid?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.