Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,627 members, 7,820,220 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:37 AM

GEJ Launches Energy Saving Bulb To Conserve Power Supply - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ Launches Energy Saving Bulb To Conserve Power Supply (10597 Views)

GEJ Launches G_WIN (pics) / GEJ Launches Youwin 2 For Women / Gej Launches Database To Trace Vehicles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GEJ Launches Energy Saving Bulb To Conserve Power Supply by KINGwax(m): 9:32am On May 31, 2012
ade_77:

Energy-saving light bulbs are so dangerous that everyone must leave the room for at least 15 minutes if one falls to the floor and breaks, a Government department warned yesterday.
The startling alert came as health experts also warned that toxic mercury inside the bulbs can aggravate a range of problems including migraines and dizziness.
And a leading dermatologist said tens of thousands of people with skin complaints will find it hard to tolerate being near the bulbs as they cause conditions such as eczema to flare up.
The Department for Environment warned shards of glass from broken bulbs should not be vacuumed up but instead swept away by someone wearing rubber gloves to protect them from the bulb's mercury content.
In addition, it said care should be taken not to inhale any dust and the broken pieces should be put in a sealed plastic bag for disposal at a council dump ? not a normal household bin.
None of this advice, however, is printed on the packaging the new-style bulbs are sold in. There are also worries over how the bulbs will be disposed of.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-506347/An-energy-saving-bulb-gone--evacuate-room-now.html#ixzz1wQv4BWwU
Seriously? These ¡diots called whites make things look soooo bad! Run off d room for 15what? U don't like 24hrs?
When i was small, we used to use the burnt-out flourscent tubes to play swords. And men, it breaks and scatter powders big time! Our church has more, so we go and play more. Breaking more wit d powders in our face. God! Last time i checked, i am still bouncing! Ok...mayb it was a miracle cos it was church's. I guess. Abi?
Re: GEJ Launches Energy Saving Bulb To Conserve Power Supply by Exponental(m): 9:33am On May 31, 2012
deb: Its a common knowledge that Jonadumb is actually an aszhole. I mean look at his wife? U will understand what I mean for a man to choose that kind of thing

dats an insult naa, are u trying 2 say "show me ur wife, I will tell u who u are"?
Re: GEJ Launches Energy Saving Bulb To Conserve Power Supply by greenhope(m): 9:41am On May 31, 2012
Pls Mr. President focus on your electricity project and don't distracted by any shyluck we know where to get power saving bulb and have been using it without any light to save so Light their be light first before we can start talking about saving it.

Andy's 2cent
Re: GEJ Launches Energy Saving Bulb To Conserve Power Supply by ufumes(m): 9:42am On May 31, 2012
The solution lies in the use of prepaid meter. Just like recharge cards, Nigerians would wise up. But as long as the phcn keep bringing ambiguous bills, i dont mind leaving my electric stove on, over night.
Re: GEJ Launches Energy Saving Bulb To Conserve Power Supply by Demdem(m): 9:46am On May 31, 2012
ufumes: The solution lies in the use of prepaid meter. Just like recharge cards, Nigerians would wise up. But as long as the phcn keep bringing ambiguous bills, i dont mind leaving my electric stove on, over night.

like the fresh perspective u are bringing in. so on point.
Re: GEJ Launches Energy Saving Bulb To Conserve Power Supply by agabaI23(m): 9:49am On May 31, 2012
brightsparks: mehn i tire 4 dis our president o,whats there to launch energy saving bulbs produced in china, why cant we launch energy saving bulbs produced by nigerians in nigeria, and i guess he would also count this among his numerous rubbish accomplishments, mtcheeeeeew, smh cry cry cry
What stops you from producing it? Did the president stop you?
Re: GEJ Launches Energy Saving Bulb To Conserve Power Supply by Demdem(m): 9:51am On May 31, 2012
^^^^

he most likely needs power to produce but there is none.
Re: GEJ Launches Energy Saving Bulb To Conserve Power Supply by djfiifi(m): 9:52am On May 31, 2012
Its a call in the right direction,kudos.
We did it in Ghana here in 2006 and it helped,we are now at the stage of banning used(second hand) refrigerators,T.V and other electronic gadgets.My Nigerian brothers/sisters its a great decision GEJ has taken,lets all support him for the betterment of Nigeria.
Re: GEJ Launches Energy Saving Bulb To Conserve Power Supply by Murphy7h4: 9:54am On May 31, 2012
down with that [img]http://www.50centloseweight.com[/img]
Re: GEJ Launches Energy Saving Bulb To Conserve Power Supply by 1forall: 9:56am On May 31, 2012
Goofblock Joe-na-dunce has done it again grin

Amazing he ACTUALLY has a followership. . . oh I forgot, he's flowing with petrodollars so any blind bat/hungry jack will hail his idiocy.
Re: GEJ Launches Energy Saving Bulb To Conserve Power Supply by nateevs(m): 10:13am On May 31, 2012
Beaf: Incandescent bulbs should be banned. Thats similar to whats happening in developed countries.
Nice one from GEJ, you save a lot more with those bulbs (they last years and are brighter).

You are congratulating a President for "launching a light bulb" . .
Is this how low we have sunk?
Re: GEJ Launches Energy Saving Bulb To Conserve Power Supply by truth4meal(m): 10:29am On May 31, 2012
Ethnicity is just a game politicians play to deceive us.please dnt let fall for this destructive antics...we need a leader irrespective of his tribe and religion. Our leaders are united in corruption and we are divided in poverty,religion and tribe. The only way to free dis country from the grip of d ill leaders is for us to be united...if GEJ like he can launch lamp holder, 2015 is when is clueless govt shld end and then let's vote right...
Re: GEJ Launches Energy Saving Bulb To Conserve Power Supply by y2kaustin(m): 10:31am On May 31, 2012
He reiterated that it should not be misinterpreted that government cannot give Nigerians light,that is why he is launching the bulb........Drunkard!!!
Re: GEJ Launches Energy Saving Bulb To Conserve Power Supply by brabus(m): 10:32am On May 31, 2012
[size=15]President Jo'Bulb[/size]

The 'Transformer'
The 'Energy Saver'
The 'Under-achiever 1 of SE'

Could this man be the best brain in SE? If he is, Wahala Dey for SE people!

Re: GEJ Launches Energy Saving Bulb To Conserve Power Supply by nusirat(m): 10:32am On May 31, 2012
I think president gej has PHD in marketing, that is why he show case his talent by become
Sales representative and marketing executive of the chinese company.
Re: GEJ Launches Energy Saving Bulb To Conserve Power Supply by Donmeca(m): 10:38am On May 31, 2012
But why shud my president become an energy-saving bulb ambassador? We have bn using diz bulbs for some years now. I hate this!!
Re: GEJ Launches Energy Saving Bulb To Conserve Power Supply by Neoviper147: 11:38am On May 31, 2012
Simple and short.

Re: GEJ Launches Energy Saving Bulb To Conserve Power Supply by maigaskiya1: 11:41am On May 31, 2012
CyberG:

[size=18pt]YOUR ID WAS CREATED TODAY MAY 30, 2012 APPARENTLY AFTER RECEIVING PAYMENT FROM THE DAFTEST GOVERNMENT OF ALL TIME IN NIGERIA OR TRANSFORMING FROM BEAF OR ANYONE OF THE SCUMS OF THE EARTH!

NL, IGNORE THIS RETARDED LYING BASTARD!![/size]
ure a very useles felow u idiots tnk becos u kan aford cheap pones frm d dirty money u get frm buhari tinubu nd co 2 rubish a man u nd i knw is nt d genesis of nijas problm if u tnk u lv nija so much lead a revolutn statng frm mina ìl top 2 ota farm down 2 d yola nd se if d man in aso rock wil nt fal undr dat faith but 4d mean tyme stop beng a coward by crictisng blindly even a litle step u knw dat deservd comendatn after obj ur broda ws dia he did ntng kan u pls ask ur sf y
Re: GEJ Launches Energy Saving Bulb To Conserve Power Supply by naylove(m): 11:44am On May 31, 2012
Mr President don did it again.
Re: GEJ Launches Energy Saving Bulb To Conserve Power Supply by Demdem(m): 11:50am On May 31, 2012
When other countries are lauching technological feat, my own president, the retardeen is launching Energy bulb, chai cry cry cry
Re: GEJ Launches Energy Saving Bulb To Conserve Power Supply by Nobody: 12:10pm On May 31, 2012
kj_hova: If there is ever going to be another sequel to "Dumb & Dumber", the movie, I couldn't recommend a better actor than president Jonathan! I bought my 1st ever energy saving bulb in 2001!! Don't you guys know them? Those small fluorescent bulbs with white light?
yes i know those bulbs too. The problem with them is that they dnt last long b4 dey die and they are not as bright as incedescent bulbs
Re: GEJ Launches Energy Saving Bulb To Conserve Power Supply by bisiaet: 12:43pm On May 31, 2012
This is quiet embarassing that the president of my own country is so jobless and belittle to be launching Energy Saving Bulb.

So what is his intention? To sell it in Nigeria or what? Do Nigeria even have electricty talkless saving it at all? I see it a systematic mockery of him as a leader of so large, important and massive populated country like Nigeria could not even have just 5 hour stable electricity is a big shame and he is busy launching nonsense energy saving bulb whereas his country is in total darkness.
Re: GEJ Launches Energy Saving Bulb To Conserve Power Supply by Nasri100(m): 12:47pm On May 31, 2012
tonididdy: dooor...how much are this bulbs ?

it is spelt DUHHH
Re: GEJ Launches Energy Saving Bulb To Conserve Power Supply by Beaf: 1:12pm On May 31, 2012
Demdem: When other countries are lauching technological feat, my own president, the retardeen is launching Energy bulb, chai cry cry cry

Imagine NL's biggest fool talking about "technological feat!" Would you admire a technological feat if you saw one or would you be like the barbaric baying beasts of the Spanish Inquisition? Or perhaps like one of those who rewarded Socrates with hemlock?

Bloody Neabderthal.

Nematode.
Re: GEJ Launches Energy Saving Bulb To Conserve Power Supply by Beaf: 1:16pm On May 31, 2012
bisiaet: This is quiet embarassing that the president of my own country is so jobless and belittle to be launching Energy Saving Bulb.

So what is his intention? To sell it in Nigeria or what? Do Nigeria even have electricty talkless saving it at all? I see it a systematic mockery of him as a leader of so large, important and massive populated country like Nigeria could not even have just 5 hour stable electricity is a big shame and he is busy launching nonsense energy saving bulb whereas his country is in total darkness.

The more people buy those bulbs, the easier our power journey will be. It is from that perspective that GEJ is publicising the bulbs, people would attach a lot of weight to the fact that the President told them about the bulbs.
In a country as tough as Nigeria, those bulbs kill several birds with one stone.
Re: GEJ Launches Energy Saving Bulb To Conserve Power Supply by 1025: 1:41pm On May 31, 2012
i still ask myself, why did obasanjo among other nigerians choose this man? very soon, our able president will launch rubber slippers. we don't have electricity so what is the bulb for. generators kill those bulbs per seconds billing.
what a waste of time?
Re: GEJ Launches Energy Saving Bulb To Conserve Power Supply by bigcycs: 1:53pm On May 31, 2012
y2kaustin: He reiterated that it should not be misinterpreted that government cannot give Nigerians light,that is why he is launching the bulb........Drunkard!!!

You noticed dat too..lol. And to think that ive been using this bulbs for like 5yrs now..
Re: GEJ Launches Energy Saving Bulb To Conserve Power Supply by VDike: 1:54pm On May 31, 2012
If the bulbs are made in Nigeria or made in Nigeria, finished in China no problem tongue
Re: GEJ Launches Energy Saving Bulb To Conserve Power Supply by Maleeq(m): 2:00pm On May 31, 2012
[size=15]Up Jonaaaaaa! I thank you very very much for this! First, you brought facebook to Nigeria for us, and now, you don carry Energy Saving Bulbs come![/size]

You too much o!
Re: GEJ Launches Energy Saving Bulb To Conserve Power Supply by Builder: 2:25pm On May 31, 2012
Maleeq: [size=15]Up Jonaaaaaa! I thank you very very much for this! First, you brought facebook to Nigeria for us, and now, you don carry Energy Saving Bulbs come![/size]

You too much o!

Hail the messiah
Re: GEJ Launches Energy Saving Bulb To Conserve Power Supply by Demdem(m): 3:43pm On May 31, 2012
Beaf:

Imagine NL's biggest fool talking about "technological feat!" Would you admire a technological feat if you saw one or would you be like the barbaric baying beasts of the Spanish Inquisition? Or perhaps like one of those who rewarded Socrates with hemlock?

Bloody Neabderthal.

Nematode.

Accursed, what has the retardeen lauching of energy bulb gat to do with what u wrote above? U mad gan ooooo grin grin grin
Re: GEJ Launches Energy Saving Bulb To Conserve Power Supply by pawesome(m): 7:14pm On May 31, 2012
Dis our president nawa....do dis NIGGA tink tru his anus or wah?....energy bulbs?...dah

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Military Repel Boko Haram Attacks In Damaturu / Afenifere Blames INEC, Jega For Underage Voting In The North / RANCHES: We Won’t Force Anybody To Surrender Land- FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.