Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,589 members, 7,955,173 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 06:44 PM

Why Is Acn Mute Ön The Changing Of Unilag - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Is Acn Mute Ön The Changing Of Unilag (872 Views)

The Injustice Buhari Did To The Genius Of UNILAG - Punch / The Changing Changer: A PMB Supporter's Opinions On 2014 Nyanya Vs Today (pix) / Jonathan Is A Trainee President - ACN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Acn Mute Ön The Changing Of Unilag by ibide(m): 9:09pm On May 30, 2012
The renaming of unilag to MAU has been generating enough controvasis . both legal pratisional , SNG allumi's midia house both print & radio even social cutural group & political class are not left out . But the most suprise of it all is that ACN has not react to it when we all know that lai mohammend is the most active publicity secetary in nigeria my question is that why the ACN HAS NOT REACT TO THE CHAGING OF UNILAG NAME ?
Re: Why Is Acn Mute Ön The Changing Of Unilag by jmaine: 9:16pm On May 30, 2012
It's a very complex and sensitive political game at the moment . .they need to be careful on whose side of the divide they belong. . .cos of the highly sensitive nature of the renaming furor . . .I personally will be silent if i was an ACN chieftain and let the tide simmer and become clearer before pitching my tent . .

Their Silence is a good and strategic game plan they need to adopt "for the now"
Re: Why Is Acn Mute Ön The Changing Of Unilag by ibide(m): 9:21pm On May 30, 2012
I will seat ,cross my hand & watch from afar one thing is sure the FG will not change their mind
Re: Why Is Acn Mute Ön The Changing Of Unilag by jmaine: 9:24pm On May 30, 2012
ibide: I will seat ,cross my hand & watch from afar one thing is sure the FG will not change their mind

The School is not baulking either and they are backed by the Law . .I don't see the FG succeeding in their re branding attempt . . .Unilag is not ready to relinquish her money spinning brand name called UNILAG VENTURES grin

They would head to the court and the law favors them grin
Re: Why Is Acn Mute Ön The Changing Of Unilag by PapaBrowne(m): 9:39pm On May 30, 2012
jmaine:

The School is not baulking either and they are backed by the Law . .I don't see the FG succeeding in their re branding attempt . . .Unilag is not ready to relinquish her money spinning brand name called UNILAG VENTURES grin

They would head to the court and the law favors them grin
If they do that hmmm. . . . . their budget would be in danger oooh. Especially those non essential budget items that dem Profs and Governing council members dey use take chop. I doubt if they would oppose. ACN is smart and their silence is wise. Although Aregbeshola has come out in support of the move.

I personally dont like the name change but I feel like the uproar is uncalled for.
Re: Why Is Acn Mute Ön The Changing Of Unilag by jmaine: 9:56pm On May 30, 2012
PapaBrowne:
If they do that hmmm. . . . . their budget would be in danger oooh. Especially those non essential budget items that dem Profs and Governing council members dey use take chop. I doubt if they would oppose. ACN is smart and their silence is wise. Although Aregbeshola has come out in support of the move.

I personally dont like the name change but I feel like the uproar is uncalled for.

lol . . .This na blackmail oo! grin . . . The uproar was spontaneous cos of the rude shock of being "Un-tushedly" rebranded overnight cheesy . . .The school authority got slighted by it also . . .That UNILAG VENTURE to them is gold . . .I see them going all the way and not backing off . . .GEJ better be careful with the sensitive nature of this re branding attempt . . .
Re: Why Is Acn Mute Ön The Changing Of Unilag by jason123: 10:01pm On May 30, 2012
jmaine:

lol . . .This na blackmail oo! grin . . . The uproar was spontaneous cos of the rude shock of being "Un-tushedly" rebranded overnight cheesy . . .The school authority got slighted by it also . . .That UNILAG VENTURE to them is gold . . .I see them going all the way and not backing off . . .GEJ better be careful with the sensitive nature of this re branding attempt . . .

You better tell them! grin

PapaBrowne:

Papabrowne, you are a cool guy but you disappointed a lot of people with your thread today.
Btw, Lagos is self-sustaining. She can hold her own and you know this. Even OBJ could not starve her, so how can funding unilag affect her?
Re: Why Is Acn Mute Ön The Changing Of Unilag by jmaine: 10:04pm On May 30, 2012
jason123:

Papabrowne, you are a cool guy but you disappointed a lot of people with your thread today.
Btw, Lagos is self-sustaining. She can hold her own and you know this. Even OBJ could not starve her, [size=14pt]so how can funding unilag affect her[/size]?

It will brother . .UNILAG are wholly dependent on the FG . . .even though the UNILAG VENTURES is also rolling in cool cash to the Institution. . .
Re: Why Is Acn Mute Ön The Changing Of Unilag by jason123: 10:09pm On May 30, 2012
jmaine:

It will brother . .UNILAG are wholly dependent on the FG . . .even though the UNILAG VENTURES is also rolling in cool cash to the Institution. . .

Oga mi, Lagos can bank roll them. The Secondary school in UniLag alone generates lots of money. I am not saying it's self sufficient but Lagos can make up for her deficit, if pushed. Lagos banked rolled 52 local governments for a how many yrs during OBJ's era, how much more a university?
Re: Why Is Acn Mute Ön The Changing Of Unilag by ibide(m): 10:13pm On May 30, 2012
Any way no need to protest the name will be like NEPA that refuse to fade away the school document wil bear mau while the name unilag is for enternity
Re: Why Is Acn Mute Ön The Changing Of Unilag by jmaine: 10:17pm On May 30, 2012
jason123:

Oga mi, Lagos can bank roll them. The Secondary school in UniLag alone generates lots of money. I am not saying it's self sufficient but Lagos can make up for her deficit, if pushed. Lagos banked rolled 52 local governments for a how many yrs during OBJ's era, how much more a university?

Bros. . .lagos State can never bank roll UNILAG, a Federal Government Entity coupled with her (Lagos State) numerous challenges . . .You wan invoke another 1000% LASU fees hike cheesy . . .btw, L.G.As suffered a lot during that OBJ/Tinubu . . .It's was padded through as people understood . .but do you know what it means to pay salaries of the academic staff and non academic staff, and to finance the plethora of mega projects currently going on in the institution . . .

Guy, Fashola won't even answer you . .You wan kill am when doctors gbege still dey ground
Re: Why Is Acn Mute Ön The Changing Of Unilag by jason123: 10:19pm On May 30, 2012
jmaine:

Bros. . .lagos State can never bank roll UNILAG, a Federal Government Entity coupled with her numerou challenges . . .You wan invoke another 1000% LASU fees hike cheesy . . .btw, L.G.As suffered a lot during that OBJ/Tinubu . . .It's was padded through as people understood . .but do you know what it means to pay salaries of the academic staff and to finance the plethora of projects mega projects going on in the institution . . .

Guy, Fashola won't even answer you . .You wan kill am when doctors gbege still dey ground

Bros, I won't deceive you, this comment made me laugh mehn! grin grin grin
You have a point sha!
Re: Why Is Acn Mute Ön The Changing Of Unilag by Nobody: 10:35pm On May 30, 2012
My thought as well, the 1st time ACN is silent, before if Jona just sneeze they'll comment. I subscribe to the fact that they are been careful on which sides to take. I know they will be happy with the move but won't like to come out and say a welldone to Jona there worst enemy, rather they'll tell us it's not enough just as Aregbe has rightly pointed out.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Acn Mute Ön The Changing Of Unilag by PapaBrowne(m): 1:31am On May 31, 2012
jason123:

Btw, Lagos is self-sustaining. She can hold her own and you know this. Even OBJ could not starve her, so how can funding unilag affect her?

Didn't intend to disappoint. It just started getting really appalling how Abiola's name was been bruised for mere sentiments. The rejection has been written in the annals of history and his place in the hearts of those that have rejected his honour has been defined.

About the SW labelling, i really didn't intend to offend any groups of people. I actually plucked my speech right out of the mouth of Bamidele Aturu, Lagos Based Constitutional lawyer.
Re: Why Is Acn Mute Ön The Changing Of Unilag by aljharem(m): 1:32am On May 31, 2012
It is good so they just don't think ACN is attack GEJ. The myth has been broken

Let the people speak for themselves

(1) (Reply)

Unilag Renaming: Gej Says No Going Back / Breaking News: President Jonathan Fires NSA, Defence Minister / Theodore Orji - Abia State Governor Should Please Resign.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.