Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,729 members, 7,820,521 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:27 PM

Unilag: Olawunmi Is Not A Bastard,govt Lack Of Foreign Exposure Shows By Musiwa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Unilag: Olawunmi Is Not A Bastard,govt Lack Of Foreign Exposure Shows By Musiwa (973 Views)

Govt’s Lack Of Policy Direction Stalls Ipman’s N 495bn Refineries Project / Buhari Moves To Block Influx Of Foreign Construction Workers Into Nigeria / Who's Olawunmi Abiola? She Brands Politicians Bastards (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unilag: Olawunmi Is Not A Bastard,govt Lack Of Foreign Exposure Shows By Musiwa by Musiwa49: 10:03pm On May 30, 2012
Unilag: Olawunmi Is Not A Bastard,govt Lack Of Foreign Exposure Shows By Musiwa

Yorubas dont have bastard. Yorubas have many children, that is Yoruba culture and Abiola was not ashame of any of his children.

I think it is the lack of foreign exposure by Nigeria govt that made them rename Unversity of lagos to Abiola University. I think Jonathan Goodluck should not have rename the university of Lagos.

I think abiola was a great, and he did alot for others while alive. And he was a great giver.

I am not a praise singer like some people have join the issue. But I will rather say the truth and be on the side of good. Than try to decieve Jonathan Goodluck.

It is a good thing to name a university after chief Abiola. Nothing is wrong with that. But he should not have rename the university of lagos because it will affect more than half a million people who have graduated from the university. Most nigeria universities have graduated more than half a million people. I know the university of ilorin is nearly half a million or more.

It affect nigerian living in the international community. And it bring the university of lagos from a 50 years to a zero years old university internationally.

Alot of Nigeria abroad had to redo their undergraduate degree because of bad nigeria govt policy. Alot of nigerian abroad have 2 master or first degree because of this.

You dont make people suffer by govt policy. You look out, not only for the dead but for the living too.

I think Jonathan Goodluck lack of foreign exposure shows in this decision and it also shows the lack of foreign exposure shows of members of his cabinet.

You see there is verification of degree awarded in Nigeria abroad, and it will create problem for many graudate of the university of Lagos who live abroad.

Nigerian get arrested mostly for identity fraud. And even in some case this nigerian are innocent. Some time it is because of bad government policy like that thousand of Nigerian have been arrested for in the past.

The propers procedure in this case to honour chief Abiola would have been to established a New University call the Abiola University or what ever.

And the govt should have seek the opinion of the school senate and also of members of the national assembly. Nigeria is not under the military and procedure that we are use to under the military period should not be carried over.

In my own opinion. If I am Jonathan Goodluck I will redraw my step and ask the ministry of education to issue a new license for the New University called Moshood Abiola University. while unilag retain his name.

President can be wrong sometime. It takes a bold president to know when the procedure was wrong. any man can make mistake.

I think the university should be located in yorubaland .

I think the federal university of Akure and university of agriculture should be upgraded to real university from the 1 faculty university there are.

Lack of Foreign Exposure of Nigeria leaders is one of the main reason, I alway say I want to be president.

I think abiola was a great, and he did alot for others while alive. And he was a great giver.
Re: Unilag: Olawunmi Is Not A Bastard,govt Lack Of Foreign Exposure Shows By Musiwa by Musiwa49: 10:19pm On May 30, 2012
the students are not protesting because they name a school after abiola, they are protesting because they name their school after abiola.

This are two different thing. The student are not saying that it is a bad thing to have a university after abiola. But that university can only be a new university. This is the correct process to follow. Not a university that have graduated many people.
Re: Unilag: Olawunmi Is Not A Bastard,govt Lack Of Foreign Exposure Shows By Musiwa by Musiwa49: 1:54am On May 31, 2012
I think Nigerian most learn a lesson from this. We should encourage people to own universities while they are alive. Noone should care if it is in their name or not.

Nigerian have given Mike adenuga, Dangote, femi otedola, jim ovia etc so much in their life time. They too have to give back by starting their own university. Noone remember Abiola newspaper anymore. Noone will remember their companies when they are gone. But their universities will be there forever.
Re: Unilag: Olawunmi Is Not A Bastard,govt Lack Of Foreign Exposure Shows By Musiwa by Musiwa49: 5:58pm On May 31, 2012
I think we most also look at it from Moshood Abiola point of view.. What will Moshood Abiola want.

Anyone who knows Moshood Abiola will know his position on this issue.
Let me be Moshood abiola for a second. He will start with a proverb.. "You dont honor the dead to hurt the living."

Moshood abiola was a man who love children. That is the reason he had many children. The reason why the crisis of the election took many years was because of the Nigeria student. NANS would not let go of the election. And many student who should have use 4 years in the university. Used 7 years.

I would speak about myself, who got shoot by a bullet, but that bullet miss me by just a inch. speaking as someone who experience such event and nearly pass on to my gravel. I will know Moshood Abiola position would have been if he was alive.

Abiola position would have been not to change the name of the university of Lagos. We are talking of a man who was always on the campus of all Nigeria universities . Helping when there was need too.

He love nigeria student so much that many Nigeria student die for him. And I will tell you this. Abiola would look out for Nigeria student first and he was knew for siding with the NANS on issue. And on this issue if abiola was alive, He would side with the student of the University of lagos. That they should not name the school after him.

Go and ask anyone who knows Moshood abiola. Moshood abiola will be shouting from his gravel , dont name the university of lagos after me but, Build a new university and name it after me.

Now let look at the law. It is illegal for Jonathan Goodluck to rename university of lagos without the national assembly. University of lagos was set up base upon a law. and only the national assembly can alter that law.
And look the student say NO. the senate of the school say NO. ASSU say NO. NON Accademic say NO. Majority are saying NO. Why would Jonathan Goodluck risk going to the Nigeria senate or house of rep And get a NO.

And the name of the University still remain the University of lagos until the senate or house of rep change it. It is not yet MAUNI.
Instead of Jonathan Goodluck going to the senate and house of rep to change the law. He should just award a new university license call Abiola University.

Obama wanted health care reform in the USA. He did not get all he wanted from the house. The house rejected some of the things Obama wanted , even after Obama had gone on television to tell the nation what he wanted. The house say no to some of the reform. This is normal in democracy everywhere.

And another issue Jonathan Goodluck should look at. Is that MAUNI does not sound Hip to student. You can imagine student going for interview and they call out the student of MAUNI. Nobody will stand up. So instead of call it Moshood abiola University. You can change it to Abiola university AU. that sound better for the student. they are a Hip hop generation.

That why american voted for Obama because obama knows how to use a blackberry.
Re: Unilag: Olawunmi Is Not A Bastard,govt Lack Of Foreign Exposure Shows By Musiwa by Musiwa49: 7:39pm On Jun 01, 2012
It is really funny
Re: Unilag: Olawunmi Is Not A Bastard,govt Lack Of Foreign Exposure Shows By Musiwa by Willzkid(m): 7:46pm On Jun 01, 2012
Is it so hard 2 just do all your spewings in one post?
You ran out of maps this time

(1) (Reply)

Hillary Clinton Attacked By Bees In Malawi!!! / 2 Die As Soldiers, Herdsmen Clash In Akure! / Breaking News: Mimiko Declared Winner Of Ondo Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.