Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,281 members, 7,839,386 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 06:17 PM

Fashola Reverses Firing Of 34 Doctors (Out Of 788) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Reverses Firing Of 34 Doctors (Out Of 788) (9772 Views)

Jonathan’s Varsities: Buhari Returns To Vomit, Reverses Sack Of Varsity Boards / Lagos Assembly Reverses Pedro's Impeachment After Eight Years / Army Alerts Nigerians On Firing Of 21 Gun Salute For Presidential Inauguration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Reverses Firing Of 34 Doctors (Out Of 788) by opata(m): 10:07am On May 31, 2012
Did anyone actually read what Fashola said before rushing to type jargons? That you are governor doesn't make you a king or a god. There are roles for everyone. Hence he states it isn't his role to employ or sack doctors. All he can do is mediate. This is one smart chap ...
Re: Fashola Reverses Firing Of 34 Doctors (Out Of 788) by kennytidistar(m): 11:54am On May 31, 2012
Fashola knew he will lost woefully had the trial continues that is why he recall the strongest among those doctors. i just pity him because professional doctors like that are icon and heroes and not lawyers as hecalled him self so he better becarefull and stop playing politics he better recall all the doctors because them no be im mate
Re: Fashola Reverses Firing Of 34 Doctors (Out Of 788) by kennytidistar(m): 11:58am On May 31, 2012
[quote
author=opata]Did anyone actually read what Fashola said before rushing
to type jargons? That you are governor doesn't make you a king or a god.
There are roles for everyone. Hence he states it isn't his role to
employ or sack doctors. All he can do is mediate. This is one smart chap
...[/quote] when he knew i was not the one to fire and hire those doctors why did he filled suit that the case should be drop by the court or are you not following the trend of the case i beg if you dont know the game behind this issue dont support that coconut haed gov.
Re: Fashola Reverses Firing Of 34 Doctors (Out Of 788) by EkoIle1: 12:01pm On May 31, 2012
niyitogun:

Learnt the doctors din't beg, it's the ones on leave who were being called back
...it's all propanganda, fashola would slowly realise what he has done and try to win the public back gradually by reversing it

The NMA sent you the talking points and propaganda too. Wetin concern Fashola with Doctors. He did not hire or fired any doctor and it's not his job to do so...

You people need to stop acting like illiterates.

He said the state Health Service Commission was the one saddled with the responsibility of determining the fate of the doctors, and urged them to take the first step of appealing their dismissal.

He said: "I can't reverse the sack, it is not in my powers to do so. I won't be able to do so, just as I cannot effect their promotion, it is the HMC that will promote them and I won't be here after three years, so it's not about me, it's about institutions."

http://allafrica.com/stories/201205300320.html
Re: Fashola Reverses Firing Of 34 Doctors (Out Of 788) by maigaskiya1: 1:23pm On May 31, 2012
[quote author=alongeyink]Wel am not surprise hummmm such a useless set of gorvenments Badluck the president is doing his own and Fashola is workimg hard to make the poor poorer and the rich richer well amgoing no where I will wait and C what will happen to their useless govenmnet at the end of their tenure. AMwaiting!!!!b!! Useless people. [/quote idiot wat concerns gej wit lagos afairs ur hatrd 4 gudluk hs trund u into a slowpoke dat u kant difrenciate btw a state nd fedral governance structre olodo 4ur info fashola remains one of d best govs in d history of nija so dnt insult hm.ara oko
Re: Fashola Reverses Firing Of 34 Doctors (Out Of 788) by kennytidistar(m): 1:25pm On May 31, 2012
@ eko ile now we will skillfully and systematically analyse the statement by fashola. my question is who is state health service report to? let me tell you what you dont know today and we will know who is a stinky illiterate. in law when a surbodinate act or perform an action such action is automatically binding on it master. and i am very sure SHS will not perform any action without consulting or taking permission from the state gov to do so, i think you need to go back to the class room and leave this hired defender job that will kill your right way of assessing issue. i remember in company law what ever a member of an organition did he do it on behalf of the entire company except otherwise disclaim by its directors and such actions must be automatically reverse and not binding on the victim. i think this is what fashola realised but it is better for him to recalled the whole doctors and disclaim the action by ShS it will beter improve is image than all this nonsense politics
Re: Fashola Reverses Firing Of 34 Doctors (Out Of 788) by xxxboy(m): 1:37pm On May 31, 2012
The fact that they are doctors doesn't make them gods. Yes, medicine isn't easy. Yes, they spent 7yrs in schl. It was their choice. They're not above the law

1 Like

Re: Fashola Reverses Firing Of 34 Doctors (Out Of 788) by Nobody: 1:41pm On May 31, 2012
Propaganda.Recalled doctors are those on leave or in-service courses.
Re: Fashola Reverses Firing Of 34 Doctors (Out Of 788) by kennytidistar(m): 2:05pm On May 31, 2012
[quote
author=x.x.x.boy]The fact that they are doctors doesn't make them gods.
Yes, medicine isn't easy. Yes, they spent 7yrs in schl. It was their
choice. They're not above the law[/quote] yes they are not above the law but their demand are justify and need to be met but not to be sack because is part of their working agreement. the action of those doctors are very legal.
Re: Fashola Reverses Firing Of 34 Doctors (Out Of 788) by kennytidistar(m): 2:08pm On May 31, 2012
[quote
author=opata]Did anyone actually read what Fashola said before rushing
to type jargons? That you are governor doesn't make you a king or a god.
There are roles for everyone. Hence he states it isn't his role to
employ or sack doctors. All he can do is mediate. This is one smart chap
...[/quote] na jaguda nau he is just looking for a way to disguise but those doctors are not children oo so tell fashola to drop his arm
Re: Fashola Reverses Firing Of 34 Doctors (Out Of 788) by EkoIle1: 2:11pm On May 31, 2012
kennytidistar: @ eko ile now we will skillfully and systematically analyse the statement by fashola. my question is who is state health service report to? let me tell you what you dont know today and we will know who is a stinky illiterate. in law when a surbodinate act or perform an action such action is automatically binding on it master. and i am very sure SHS will not perform any action without consulting or taking permission from the state gov to do so, i think you need to go back to the class room and leave this hired defender job that will kill your right way of assessing issue. i remember in company law what ever a member of an organition did he do it on behalf of the entire company except otherwise disclaim by its directors and such actions must be automatically reverse and not binding on the victim. i think this is what fashola realised but it is better for him to recalled the whole doctors and disclaim the action by ShS it will beter improve is image than all this nonsense politics

Fashola said the doctors were employed by the state health commission and were answerable to it and not the governor, noting: “If I receive advice that I can do so, I probably would. The problem there is that the law does not give me a role to play except in appointment.”

Drawing analogy with elections, he said: “The law says that once you appoint a chairman, he is independent. Then, it is wrong for me or anyone to say go and change that. No matter how aggrieved we feel, we must allow institutions to work. If anyone is aggrieved with the results, you have to go to a tribunal to say that the results were wrong.

“If they failed to do their job or is done improperly, there is institution also set up to correct them. They cannot be self correct.”http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/05/i-ve-no-power-to-hire-or-fire-doctors-fashola/

You people are illiterates and credible governing is new to you people.

There institutions that has to remain credible and respected for us to have a better society, we can not have a situation where some people disrespect and ridicule the institutions put in place to serve serve us and our interests.

These institutions hired the doctors and they govern every part of their employment, they also have the statutory power to discipline them, promote and fire them. The governor stepping in to go against the will of these institution means abuse of power and the governor committing illegalities.

It also means he is undermining the people's institution and setting them up to fail, we can not have politicians interfering and messing with everything, like I said, good and sensible governance is new to Nigerians, but in Lagos state, we'll show the rest of the country how to do things from here on.

The doctors will not disrespect and disobey our institutions created by the laws of the people of Lagos state, the doctors are not the employers, they are the employees and they still have to obey set rules and regulations pertaining to their employment regardless of their grievances.

A society where some doctors or group of people sees themselves as supper group of above the law people with no respect to our institutions and laws is not a good society, these acts of disrespect and insubordination leads to anarchy and lawlessness.

What the SHS is doing is reclaiming it's authority and restoring sanity. Doctors are free to demand for whatever they want and the state is also free to say yes I'll pay you or no I don't have that kind of money.

We also need a society where people can go to the next employer for better money if his current employer is not paying enough instead of the sense of entitlement mentality and disruptions with people's lives over money.

It is not by force to work for any employer.
Re: Fashola Reverses Firing Of 34 Doctors (Out Of 788) by phantom(m): 2:19pm On May 31, 2012
^^^^^you must be a mad man.....do you know you can also take your employer to court if you think you've been unjustly sackeddo you knowor you just love being a major a-hole??
Re: Fashola Reverses Firing Of 34 Doctors (Out Of 788) by EkoIle1: 2:40pm On May 31, 2012
phantom: ^^^^^you must be a mad man.....do you know you can also take your employer to court if you think you've been unjustly sackeddo you knowor you just love being a major a-hole??

Dumb i,diot.

Who said they can not go to court? They couldn't locate their way to the courts before going on strike and engendering people's lives?

Anybody can go to court and I don't see the state or anybody stopping them.

You are obviously very daft to for saying they were unjustly sacked. They were fired because they violated the rules governing their employment you i..diot.
Re: Fashola Reverses Firing Of 34 Doctors (Out Of 788) by phantom(m): 3:04pm On May 31, 2012
breaking which rules....look face the fact...what your tin-god has done is akin to beating a child and telling him not to cry.strikes are a recognised and legal avenue to air grievances all over the world.if he thinks lagos is different then he has another thing coming but no wahala hes disgrace has begun.
In asmuch as i think NUPENG has no business going on strike because of this issue,hey...all is fair in.........
in coming weeks we'll know if if he has two heads and five balls.....power drunk buffoon!
Re: Fashola Reverses Firing Of 34 Doctors (Out Of 788) by texazzpete(m): 3:13pm On May 31, 2012
Reptyle:

How many of the so-called States paying CONMESS have up to half of the numbers of doctors practising in Lagos? How many of those states have up to a quarter of the number of the Lagos State civil service? How many of those States are contending with the challenges that Lagos State faces with regard to dearth and decay of public infrastructure and an over bloated population?

I have spent time in Borno and I know that as at the time I was there, 2009 to be precise, Borno State had less than 100 doctors spread across 33 primary healthcare institutions. It got so bad at a time that the government had to resort to employing Egyptian consultants to complement its local medical workforce. Is that the State you would want to compare with Lagos State with its over 1000 doctors?

Let us be objective in our comments please!!!

Instead of being 'objective' why don't you try being 'logical' first?

You start babbling about the population in Lagos state being an excuse not to pay CONMESS..forgetting that the large population negatively skews the doctor-patient ratio to 1000/15000000 which is one doctor to 15 thousand people!

How can any educated person see that ratio, see how overworked Lagos State doctors are and still begrudge them an equivalent welfare package with their peers?

Envy and brainless Fashola worship has blinded you folks to logic and common sense. Nigerians NEVER learn.
Re: Fashola Reverses Firing Of 34 Doctors (Out Of 788) by phantom(m): 3:22pm On May 31, 2012
^^^^^^^ ROFLMAO....no mind them.They are quick to compare the number of doctors to that in lagos state but vehemently refuse to compare the stress the average lagos doc goes through to that of his counterpart in another state.bloody dishonest people!
Re: Fashola Reverses Firing Of 34 Doctors (Out Of 788) by kennytidistar(m): 4:17pm On May 31, 2012
@Eko ile can you see the way you keep confusing yourself? thank God you agreed the doctor has the right to go on strike and at the same time they also have the right to sue and be sue second quetion to you. who are to claim you can input best administration practise for the world to learn from? i am sure you dont know anything about lagos. fashola did not build lagos, fashola only repaint lagos.not to digress from our discussion, im sure you have fish brain that is why you should said someone is daft, what makes you think you are on the right part of judgement? even with all these your rubish statement that lack reasonable fact,come back to the class room. fashola still remain the chairman of HSH you talk about as far as am concern, pls dont drag people to your unethical direction if you and your fashola must comply with the rule of law which is and remain the best practice in the whole world recall all the doctors and return to round table. what u should also know is that HSH is an Organ of the state executives so fashola is not an individual person he belong to lagos state and a chairman in the state and he is responsible and answerable to any action any organ of is executive take on his behalf dont decieve us we are not brainwash and fool like you. i rest my case.
Re: Fashola Reverses Firing Of 34 Doctors (Out Of 788) by armadeo(m): 4:35pm On May 31, 2012
[quote author=Eko Ile]

You people are illiterates and credible governing is new to you people.

There institutions that has to remain credible and respected for us to have a better society, we can not have a situation where some people disrespect and ridicule the institutions put in place to serve serve us and our interests.

These institutions hired the doctors and they govern every part of their employment, they also have the statutory power to discipline them, promote and fire them. The governor stepping in to go against the will of these institution means abuse of power and the governor committing illegalities.

It also means he is undermining the people's institution and setting them up to fail, we can not have politicians interfering and messing with everything, like I said, good and sensible governance is new to Nigerians, but in Lagos state, we'll show the rest of the country how to do things from here on.

The doctors will not disrespect and disobey our institutions created by the laws of the people of Lagos state, the doctors are not the employers, they are the employees and they still have to obey set rules and regulations pertaining to their employment regardless of their grievances.

A society where some doctors or group of people sees themselves as supper group of above the law people with no respect to our institutions and laws is not a good society, these acts of disrespect and insubordination leads to anarchy and lawlessness.

What the SHS is doing is reclaiming it's authority and restoring sanity. Doctors are free to demand for whatever they want and the state is also free to say yes I'll pay you or no I don't have that kind of money.

We also need a society where people can go to the next employer for better money if his current employer is not paying enough instead of the sense of entitlement mentality and disruptions with people's lives over money.

It is not by force to work for any employer.

You are a monkey. Dumbf. Why oh why are you so myopic. These doctors are on strike for the third time in 3 yrs over the same issue. Your gov signed an agreement and is now defaulting. Your gov is a fraudsTer 419ner. you people are so blind.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Reverses Firing Of 34 Doctors (Out Of 788) by EkoIle1: 4:50pm On May 31, 2012
Dumb i.diot. First learn how to quote.

You can strike for 1 million times all you want, ti still doesn't mean you are the boss or you get to call your own shot. You are still a civil service employee and if you violate your employers rule, you will get sacked.

Common sense should tell you that after striking for so many times, you are better off with another employer willing to pay you and let you walk all over them.

Lagos state government is not the only employer in the world.

Dumbos..
Re: Fashola Reverses Firing Of 34 Doctors (Out Of 788) by kennytidistar(m): 5:15pm On May 31, 2012
@ Eko ile i always bring you to the classroom but you still run away are you a goat? i want you to give me legal reason why fashola should sack those powerful doctors, they are not ordinary doctors do you know that and they have the right to emback on strike, another question for you. why did lagos state engage them and sign such an agreement he can not fulfill because there is what we called consensus adidem in law if you dont understand it ask your gov, he should be able to tell you the truth but you have not answer any of my questions you only keep rolling around the bush. my candid advise is tell your gov to reinstate those doctors because they will win him and @ the end he will never like his image again and stop insultin lagosians because lagosians are brilliant people this one that you can not even put paper on table and held your pen and reason before you post you are just insulting lagosian gud night.
Re: Fashola Reverses Firing Of 34 Doctors (Out Of 788) by kennytidistar(m): 9:19pm On May 31, 2012
@Eko ile are you aware that your gov have reinstate all the 788 sacked doctors? God just save that his coconaut head. those doctors would have taught me the lesson of his life had he not reverse. mtchews.
Re: Fashola Reverses Firing Of 34 Doctors (Out Of 788) by EkoIle1: 10:07pm On May 31, 2012
kennytidistar: @Eko ile are you aware that your gov [b]have reinstate all the 788 sacked doctors? [/b]God just save that his coconaut head. those doctors would have taught me the lesson of his life had he not reverse. mtchews.

Yes they did so what? Does that mean the greedy doctors are getting what they went on strike for? NO. So if the like, go back and if they don't, they can stay away forever?
Re: Fashola Reverses Firing Of 34 Doctors (Out Of 788) by EkoIle1: 10:09pm On May 31, 2012
kennytidistar: @ Eko ile i always bring you to the classroom but you still run away are you a goat? i want you to give me legal reason why fashola should sack those powerful doctors, they are not ordinary doctors do you know that and they have the right to emback on strike, another question for you. why did lagos state engage them and sign such an agreement he can not fulfill because there is what we called consensus adidem in law if you dont understand it ask your gov, he should be able to tell you the truth but you have not answer any of my questions you only keep rolling around the bush. my candid advise is tell your gov to reinstate those doctors because they will win him and @ the end he will never like his image again and stop insultin lagosians because lagosians are brilliant people this one that you can not even put paper on table and held your pen and reason before you post you are just insulting lagosian gud night.

That alone betrayed your argument.
Re: Fashola Reverses Firing Of 34 Doctors (Out Of 788) by texazzpete(m): 10:37am On Jun 01, 2012
Eko Ile:

Yes they did so what? Does that mean the greedy doctors are getting what they went on strike for? NO. So if the like, go back and if they don't, they can stay away forever?

So Doctors asking for what their counterparts in LUTH are getting suddenly makes them 'greedy' abi?

i'd say it's greedy Government and GREEDY people that want to retain chronically overworked doctors on an inferior salary to their peers.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kerosene Price Rises By 200% / Saudi Arabia Has To Be The Most dumbest Nation On Earth / Governor Ugwuanyi To Deploy Automated Drones For Surveillance In Enugu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.