Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,524 members, 7,826,965 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:14 AM

'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite (23019 Views)

GENESIS Chapter 3(who Should We Blame For Our Suffering Now ADAM,EVE Or SERPENT) / Pastor Dies On The Altar After Leading Prayer / Be Wise As 'serpents'. Really? But Satan is the 'Serpent! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite by harakiri(m): 10:09am On Jun 01, 2012
HE DIED FOR WHAT HE BELIEVED IN!

Buhuhuhahahahaha grin grin cheesy
Re: 'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 10:39am On Jun 01, 2012
Atheists please stop making fun of this incident - use this to remind yourselves not to try and prove the Big Bang theory by placing knockout in your mouth
Re: 'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite by ommohgyahooco: 10:46am On Jun 01, 2012
the bible is my standard
Re: 'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite by Cruzgee: 10:48am On Jun 01, 2012
[size=8pt][/size]It is a pity that people reason this way about the bible and God. I doubt what life you live on a daily basis as a human being and the way you are directed. You need to read the book of 2Tim2:22-26 and 2Tim3. I pray that God will touch your spirits and bring you to the light IJN.
Re: 'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite by Nobody: 11:19am On Jun 01, 2012
Re: 'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite by Nobody: 11:22am On Jun 01, 2012
naira&kobo:
if u knw Jesus and his statements, u would knw that he prefered speaking in parables. That he for instance said 'eat my body and drink my blood' doesnt mean u should go looking for blood like vampires do

No, just pretend that the wine and bread they give you are the blood and flesh. The whole thing is built around deluding yourself anyway.
Re: 'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite by TheMatrix3: 11:31am On Jun 01, 2012
Now what happened to this Pastor leaves much to be desired: firstly, Jesus was asked by Satan to turn water into bread<,after all it was written in the scriptures. Jesus rebuked him by saying "it is also written that you shall not put the Lord your God to test", which is exactly what that the "pastor" did. 2ndly, note that the guy was doing a tradition: passed over by his father (who incidentally died of the same cause): this was not scriptural either. My point? All you quick-mouthed fellas that are looking for an excuse to discredit God and find excuse for their unrighteousness shd think again: God is not a man, he wont be dragged into your de-illusion or vain arguements. The pastor was completely ON HIS OWN!!! angry
Re: 'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite by Nobody: 11:41am On Jun 01, 2012
The_Matrix: Now what happened to this Pastor leaves much to be desired: firstly, Jesus was asked by Satan to turn water into bread<,after all it was written in the scriptures. Jesus rebuked him by saying "it is also written that you shall not put the Lord your God to test", which is exactly what that the "pastor" did. 2ndly, note that the guy was doing a tradition: passed over by his father (who incidentally died of the same cause): this was not scriptural either. My point? All you quick-mouthed fellas that are looking for an excuse to discredit God and find excuse for their unrighteousness shd think again: God is not a man, he wont be dragged into your de-illusion or vain arguements. The pastor was completely ON HIS OWN!!! angry
Of course God's not a man.. he takes as many forms as the human mind conceives...

Pastor doesn't get bitten by snake.. WOW WONDERFULL HOLY SPIRIT
Pastor does.... he was stupid, he tested God

Patient gets healed.. wow thank God
Patient dies.. damn.. not enough faith, it was God's will..

BULLLLSHIITTTTTTTTTT

ommohg@yahoo.co:
the bible is my standard
Maybe you need new standards..
Re: 'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite by fesse(f): 11:55am On Jun 01, 2012
He died out of foolishness.
Re: 'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite by matoyeh(m): 11:57am On Jun 01, 2012
ejifranks: Christians and infact all mainstream religions are deluded....Even their Jesus when he was asked to jump from the temple top tactically avoided it but at d same time encouragd his disciples to do outrageous stunts all in the name of faith.. Am stil waiting for the likes of oyedepo and adeboye to command mountains to change positions..When dat hapens i would gladly embrace xtainity. Serves him right..
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin... tHEY CANT BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT JESUS!
Re: 'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite by crackhouse(m): 11:58am On Jun 01, 2012
mazaje: Religion always wins. . . .Christians are now throwing the bible under the bus. . .

Mark 16: 17-18 reads, "And these signs shall follow them that believe: In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues. They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover."

The guy out of his faith followed what the bible said and it failed him as always. . .Now the people here are just blabbing any how. . .The same people will talk about extra ordinary healing like their god rising people from the dead etc but when you tell ask them about clear cut healing, like healing of amputees and restoring their amputated limbs back the same goons will begin to blab. . .religion always wins. . .People will always provide excuses for their god even when his alleged word fails. . . .Religion is pure delusion. .
i am not surprised at ur comment. Even devil also have a way of using the bible against the children of God. I only pity the devil that's operating in u. I just pray u confess at the point of ur death or before u leave this world.
Re: 'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite by crackhouse(m): 11:59am On Jun 01, 2012
mazaje: Religion always wins. . . .Christians are now throwing the bible under the bus. . .

Mark 16: 17-18 reads, "And these signs shall follow them that believe: In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues. They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover."

The guy out of his faith followed what the bible said and it failed him as always. . .Now the people here are just blabbing any how. . .The same people will talk about extra ordinary healing like their god rising people from the dead etc but when you tell ask them about clear cut healing, like healing of amputees and restoring their amputated limbs back the same goons will begin to blab. . .religion always wins. . .People will always provide excuses for their god even when his alleged word fails. . . .Religion is pure delusion. .
Re: 'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite by oobim(m): 12:04pm On Jun 01, 2012
u think say u do God?u do yaself oh!
Re: 'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite by logicboy: 12:23pm On Jun 01, 2012
crackhouse: i am not surprised at ur comment. Even devil also have a way of using the bible against the children of God. I only pity the devil that's operating in u. I just pray u confess at the point of ur death or before u leave this world.

You call yourself "crackhouse" and then have the nerve to say that someone has the devil in him?

Hypocrisy. Do you know what a crackhouse is?

As for the devil, he doesnt exist
Re: 'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite by PastorAIO: 12:58pm On Jun 01, 2012
The_Matrix: Now what happened to this Pastor leaves much to be desired: firstly, Jesus was asked by Satan to turn water into bread<,after all it was written in the scriptures. Jesus rebuked him by saying[b] "it is also written that you shall not put the Lord your God to test", [/b]which is exactly what that the "pastor" did. 2ndly, note that the guy was doing a tradition: passed over by his father (who incidentally died of the same cause): this was not scriptural either. My point? All you quick-mouthed fellas that are looking for an excuse to discredit God and find excuse for their unrighteousness shd think again: God is not a man, he wont be dragged into your de-illusion or vain arguements. The pastor was completely ON HIS OWN!!! angry

Then Gideon said to God, "Do not be angry with me. Let me make just one more request. Allow me one more test with the fleece. This time make the fleece dry and the ground covered with dew."

Judges 6:39

10 Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this,” says the Lord Almighty, “and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that there will not be room enough to store it.
MALACHI 3 10
Re: 'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite by Pukkah: 2:03pm On Jun 01, 2012
The man died not from snake bite but from foolishness. There are also so many people like him in Nigeria who have misunderstood religion.
Re: 'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite by thehomer: 2:06pm On Jun 01, 2012
KamiLara:

@thehomer

You conveniently did not make reference to my submission on how or why the men's faith turned to fiascoes

Anyway all may deem to be delusions subject to or considering their individual circumstances

The key is, faith is to be exercised within the rules else it becomes deluded, fake or false faith

I don't see why I should have done that.
Faith has certain rules? Pray tell us what these rules are and how to tell that we're following these rules.
Re: 'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite by slam7000(m): 2:06pm On Jun 01, 2012
some dude did same thing some years back at ibadan zoo,he wanted to 'act'daniel...went inside the lions cage and got killed.
Re: 'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite by thehomer: 2:07pm On Jun 01, 2012
lagerwhenindoubt: Atheists please stop making fun of this incident - use this to remind yourselves not to try and prove the Big Bang theory by placing knockout in your mouth

Do you know of anyone who does this?
Re: 'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite by plaetton: 2:09pm On Jun 01, 2012
Pukkah: The man died not from snake bite but from foolishness. There are also so many people like him in Nigeria who have misunderstood religion.

Of all the commandments in the bible such as loving your neighbor, being considerate of others,charity as the greatest virtue,the numbskull and his father before him, chose snake charming as their favourite biblical injuction.
The word of god, the word of god. The word of god has once again run Amok.

@pukkah: And I assume that you understand religion! People who understand religon tend to avoid it like a snake.

1 Like

Re: 'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite by thehomer: 2:13pm On Jun 01, 2012
Pukkah: The man died not from snake bite but from foolishness. There are also so many people like him in Nigeria who have misunderstood religion.

But the wisdom of the world (what you're displaying) is foolishness to God. Maybe he saw God the night before and he was told to do play with snakes as usual. I guess you've understood religion. Please share with us your understanding.
Re: 'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite by thehomer: 2:14pm On Jun 01, 2012
ommohg@yahoo.co:
the bible is my standard

Aah then you're doomed.
Re: 'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite by Loveaflame(m): 2:42pm On Jun 01, 2012
That man is not a Bible pastor.Jesus was in the wildernes wt dangerous snakes no account of Him pickn up snakes let alone play wt it.Why shud w temp God.His actions is simply spiritual foolishness
Re: 'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite by Pukkah: 2:49pm On Jun 01, 2012
thehomer:

But the wisdom of the world (what you're displaying) is foolishness to God. Maybe he saw God the night before and he was told to do play with snakes as usual. I guess you've understood religion. Please share with us your understanding.

Can anyone see God? shocked shocked
Re: 'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite by 2good(m): 2:54pm On Jun 01, 2012
Pukkah:

Can anyone see God? shocked shocked

Can anyone hear God speak?
Re: 'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite by Pukkah: 2:59pm On Jun 01, 2012
2good:

Can anyone hear God speak?

You've added another one to it.

The first question is can you SEE God? The one you added is can you HEAR God.

Waiting for your answers.
Re: 'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite by NovusHomo(m): 3:03pm On Jun 01, 2012
Proof that stupidity can be genetic. Faith is one thing, trying God is quite another. I can't stop laughing at this idiotic attempt and its just reward.
Re: 'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite by 2good(m): 3:06pm On Jun 01, 2012
Pukkah:

You've added another one to it.

The first question is can you SEE God? The one you added is can you HEAR God.

Waiting for your answers.

Ok how do you hear God if he cannot speak?
Re: 'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite by Pukkah: 3:20pm On Jun 01, 2012
2good:

Ok how do you hear God if he cannot speak?

Why are you directing the questions at me? I asked the questions.
Re: 'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite by lilkech(m): 3:46pm On Jun 01, 2012
logicboy:

You were claiming that we took from the Europeans when they actually took from us. Slaves, oil, destroyed our culture etc

they took from us . . . GOOD

didnt we take from them also ? and do you also want us to calculate who took the most from the other ?

logicboy:
As an ignoramus

na wah o

this particular thread concerns God and you are the one blowing horns up and down that you do not know or believe (aka. You are ignorant of) the same bible which the SLAVE MASTERS gave your fore-fathers.

logicboy:
you forget that we also import from China and Japan and other foriegn countries, not only Europe or America. When you generalise that we get clothes from our slave masters, you only look uneducated.

if not for those same 'SLAVE MASTERS', what business would your fore-fathers have had with the rest of the world ?

Japan, china, import . . . etc, if not for the same slave masters would your generation have got any clue what the above words mean ?

logicboy:

Didnt you notice that I was comparing Naija and uk?

WHO SEND YOU MESSAGE ? why the comparism ?
Re: 'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite by PastorAIO: 4:02pm On Jun 01, 2012
Pastor AIO:

Judges 6:39

MALACHI 3 10

Jesus said unto him, It is written again, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God.
Matt 4: 7

So they quarreled with Moses and said, "Give us water to drink." Moses replied, "Why do you quarrel with me? Why do you put the LORD to the test?"
Exodus 17:2

Do not test the LORD your God as you did at Massah.

Deuteronomy 6:16

I think that the test that Jesus is talking about is different from verifying whether God is true to his word. There is the bickering and constant nagging that can be testing. Testing of one's patience. and there is the Test of Massah. The Test of Massah too is quarrelsome.
Re: 'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite by logicboy: 4:03pm On Jun 01, 2012
lilkech:

they took from us . . . GOOD

didnt we take from them also ? and do you also want us to calculate who took the most from the other ?

Yes, let us calculate. What is the cost of a human life? Compensation for bereavement (negligent death) is £10,000. 12 million slaves from Africa

£120 trillion.

lilkech:
na wah o

this particular thread concerns God and you are the one blowing horns up and down that you do not know or believe (aka. You are ignorant of) the same bible which the SLAVE MASTERS gave your fore-fathers.

I was a catholic for 20 years. To claim that I am ignorant of the bible is a huge lie.

lilkech:
if not for those same 'SLAVE MASTERS', what business would your fore-fathers have had with the rest of the world ?

Japan, china, import . . . etc, if not for the same slave masters would your generation have got any clue what the above words mean ?

Erm, who knows? Arabs were also slave trading in the north before European christians came with their slavery.

I dont remember Saudi Arabia colonised or China being a colony of Britain- they tried but failed in China. Why would Nigeria fail just because they werent colonized. Granted, there wouldnt have been "Nigeria" but maybe a small country called Niger-Delta with all the oil and Northerners suffering with no resources.

lilkech:
WHO SEND YOU MESSAGE ? why the comparism ?

Err, to highlight the problem in Nigeria not present in UK?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Revenge: Are You For Or Against? / Six Things A Christian Should Never Do - Tunde Korede / Speaking In Tongues: What's That All About?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.