Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,501 members, 7,770,256 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 08:14 AM

Son Drags 96 Year Old Father To Court For Taking Second Wife - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Son Drags 96 Year Old Father To Court For Taking Second Wife (853 Views)

Woman Drags Boyfriend To Court For Dumping Her After Marriage Promises / A 44 Year Old Father Of 5 Impregnates A Teenager In Delta / Son Drags 96-yr-old Father To Court Over Plans To Re-marry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Son Drags 96 Year Old Father To Court For Taking Second Wife by Kxy(m): 11:45am On May 31, 2012
Father says he is re-marrying to get somebody to cook and assist him in keeping the compound clean while Son says Dad should have discussed it with him before taking the wife!!! A United States-based Nigerian, Emeka Mazie,
on Wednesday dragged his 96-year-old father
to court for insisting to re-marry after the
demise of his wife eight years ago. The suit with number HU/54/2012 filed before
the Umuahia High Court 4, is presided over by
Justice Agwu Kalu. Counsel to the defendant, Ebere Orji, told the
court that her client, Israel Mazie, (father of
Emeka), had contracted a marriage with Ebere
Ndubuka under the Marriage Act, maintaining
that the plaintiff (only son of Israel) with his
sisters was duly informed before the marriage was contracted. On the other hand, the Counsel to the Plaintiff,
Ann Uchendu, told the court that Israel and
Ndubuka had yet to consummate their
marriage traditionally, noting the defendants
secretly obtained a marriage certificate from
Bende Local Government Area of Abia State. Israel told the court that his decision to re-
marry was to get somebody to cook and assist
him in keeping the compound clean. “Since my wife died eight years ago, nobody
cooks or assists in cleaning the compound for
me. All my children live in America,” he claimed. The plaintiff told the court that he received with
shock the plans of his father to re-marry at his
age. He said: “if my father must get another
wife, he ought to discuss it with me.” The Judge on listening to both counsel urged
the parties to respect the views of each other,
noting that at the plaintiff’s age he would never
wish away his first son or the son abandon the
father. Kalu added that resorting to alternative dispute
resolution became imperative as there was no
serious dispute to judge on the case. He
adjourned the matter to October 24 for report
on settlement.
www.channelstv.com/home/2012/05/31/son-drags-96-year-old-father-to-court-for-taking-second-wife/
Re: Son Drags 96 Year Old Father To Court For Taking Second Wife by Nobody: 12:16pm On May 31, 2012
Lmao

(1) (Reply)

What Will He Have To Do To Make It Up To His Familiy When He Leaves Prison? / Is It Possible? / 8-year-old Bride Dies After Séx With 40years Old Husband On Wedding Night

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.