Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,054 members, 7,956,934 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 11:02 PM

Too Many Odds Against You Mr President. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Too Many Odds Against You Mr President. (1771 Views)

Thank You Mr President As Wike Pledges Loyalty To The President. / The Seemingly Insurmountable Odds Against Jimi Agbaje / APC Presidential Primaries: The Odds Against Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Too Many Odds Against You Mr President. by hillsate: 5:28pm On May 31, 2012
I am beginning to think either the president is bewitched or his advisers are.
Its now i understand why Reuben Abati refused to release an advance copy of Mr president's speech to press men as is the tradition. The president knew the change of the UNILAG name would be met with opposition.
Naming any national edifice after anyone as a mark of honour should be a thing of joy if there are no political undertones to it. Why not name the National stadium, UniAbuja, national Hospital after Abiola.
Why is GEJ always forcing things down our throats without due consultation? Is this a military rule?
Fuel subsidy removal met opposition, Renaming of Unilag met opposition, increase in electricity tariff is meeting opposition. GEJ is so unpopular in the north, he's adding to his unpopularity in the southwest.
Truth is that there is nothing wrong with subsidy removal, renaming of an edifice after anyone as a mark of honour or even increasing electricity tariff if only first things are done first.
if the north put their acts together and de-emphasise religion or regionality as the focus of their campaign and move a step further by putting a christian candidate as the northern candidate, GEJ will stand no chance in 2015.
There is something wrong with GEJ.
Re: Too Many Odds Against You Mr President. by blacksta(m): 5:34pm On May 31, 2012
All hail the president of the Ijaw Nation -
Re: Too Many Odds Against You Mr President. by Kobojunkie: 5:36pm On May 31, 2012
hillsate: I am beginning to think either the president is bewitched or his advisers are.
Its now i understand why Reuben Abati refused to release an advance copy of Mr president's speech to press men as is the tradition. The president knew the change of the UNILAG name would be met with opposition.

How much longer are you going to keep blaming his advisers? The man you hired to do the job is the President. You had no hand in selecting said advisers. So if something is going wrong, does it not make sense that you point your blame to the man you elected to do the job and not some random K who was selected by the man? undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Too Many Odds Against You Mr President. by Gbawe: 5:45pm On May 31, 2012
hillsate: I am beginning to think either the president is bewitched or his advisers are.
Naming any national edifice after anyone as a mark of honour should be a thing of joy if there are no political undertones to it. Why not name the National stadium, UniAbuja, national Hospital after Abiola.
Why is GEJ always forcing things down our throats without due consultation? Is this a military rule?
Fuel subsidy removal met opposition, Renaming of Unilag met opposition, increase in electricity tariff is meeting opposition. GEJ is so unpopular in the north, he's adding to his unpopularity in the southwest.
Truth is that there is nothing wrong with subsidy removal, renaming of an edifice after anyone as a mark of honour or even increasing electricity tariff if only first things are done first.
if the north put their acts together and de-emphasise religion or regionality as the focus of their campaign and move a step further by putting a christian candidate as the northern candidate, GEJ will stand no chance in 2015.

There is nothing wrong with GEJ because he is just being himself i.e a very mediocre administrator placed far above his Station. Instead, there is something wrong with Nigerians. Look at the most successful Nations in the World. Do they go out of their way, shunning what is terribly obvious, to vote a total mediocrity into the most powerful position in the land only to then be complaining they are not seeing progress?

Nigerians chose to forsake progress the minute they let ethnic/religious/sectional bias influence their vote. Normal adults in sane Nations will simply vote in those with a verifiable history that indicates competence.

1 Like

Re: Too Many Odds Against You Mr President. by iluvnaija: 5:56pm On May 31, 2012
to GEJ

Re: Too Many Odds Against You Mr President. by Pukkah: 6:55pm On May 31, 2012
Gbawe:

There is nothing wrong with GEJ because he is just being himself i.e a very mediocre administrator placed far above his Station. Instead, there is something wrong with Nigerians. Look at the most successful Nations in the World. Do they go out of their way, shunning what is terribly obvious, to vote a total mediocrity into the most powerful position in the land only to then be complaining they are not seeing progress?

Nigerians chose to forsake progress the minute they let ethnic/religious/sectional bias influence their vote. Normal adults in sane Nations will simply vote in those with a verifiable history that indicates competence.

I agree with you. Jonathan Goodluck is simply acting like Goodluck Jonathan.

A man cannot give what he does not have. Can a goat give birth to a lion? Jonathan is doing his best; the very best he can do. But that very best grossly falls below the minimum standards expected of a President of a fast-paced, under-developed country like ours. So do not expect any magic from the man. He's already delivering the best going by his own mediocre standards.

Have you listened to his speeches, especially extempore, before? He's unable to string his thoughts together to form clear and correct sentences; yet he's supposed to be a PhD holder. This is a sign of his quality of mind and intelligence.

1 Like

Re: Too Many Odds Against You Mr President. by hillsate: 7:55pm On May 31, 2012
Gbawe:

You are so right.
Re: Too Many Odds Against You Mr President. by hillsate: 8:02pm On May 31, 2012
Kobojunkie:

How much longer are you going to keep blaming his advisers? The man you hired to do the job is the President. You had no hand in selecting said advisers. So if something is going wrong, does it not make sense that you point your blame to the man you elected to do the job and not some random K who was selected by the man? undecided undecided undecided undecided

hmmmm, thats true. I think GEJ should do himself, Nigeria and his posterity a favour by not contesting in 2015. If he contests, we'll be witnessing for the first time in Nigeria a defeat of the incumbent president.

1 Like

Re: Too Many Odds Against You Mr President. by DaLover(m): 8:51pm On May 31, 2012

Please what are the first things that need to be done first And how will they be done...Who is really top blame..is it those that want the satus to remain or the person who is trying to inculcate practicality into our very existence? So many people want the good life but delude themselves that it is easy to come by...The easiest things to do is seat down and criticize, ask bola ige...when it comes to practical ways of solving issues a lot of us haven't the faintest clue......

GEJ has his issues, but I will always pick him over Buhari and Ribadu...anytime anyday

en rational things are done like subsidy removal, renaming of
Re: Too Many Odds Against You Mr President. by Johndoe100(m): 9:53pm On May 31, 2012
When i read threads like this I always wonder if the inhabhtants of NL live on another planet. Well, we will b .itch slap you again at the next election. Sad.

2 Likes

Re: Too Many Odds Against You Mr President. by PointB: 10:12pm On May 31, 2012
Johndoe100: When i read threads like this I always wonder if the inhabhtants of NL live on another planet. Well, we will b .itch slap you again at the next election. Sad.

I couldn't agree less with this.

I am wondering how sectional motivated discontent is always elevated to national status - by the usual suspects!

Those of us who roundly voted for GEJ, 22 million of us at the last count, are very proud of what we did! Given the same scenario again and again, we will do same again. So can these cry babies spare us their frustration, and get on with their miserable lives. Need I remind them that GEJ is elected for 4 years. For crying out loud we are just two days past a year, and he has three more long years to go, and he might even be voted again for a second term! Crying on Nairaland daily is making some of some them very childish to the point of being ridiculous - to be very mild. I want to see some of them folks hug live transformers, before I start taking them jokers serious!

Man up sad fellow, three more jolly years to ride! grin grin grin grin
[size=18pt]
Fresh Air![/size]

2 Likes

Re: Too Many Odds Against You Mr President. by PointB: 10:12pm On May 31, 2012
PointB:

I am wondering how sectional motivated discontent is always elevated to national status - by the usual suspects!

Those of us who roundly voted for GEJ, 22 million of us at the last count, are very proud of what we did! Given the same scenario again and again, we will do same again. So can these cry babies spare us their frustration, and get on with their miserable lives. Need I remind them that GEJ is elected for 4 years. For crying out loud we are just two days past a year, and he has three more long years to go, and he might even be voted again for a second term! Crying on Nairaland daily is making some of some them very childish to the point of being ridiculous - to be very mild. I want to see some of them folks hug live transformers, before I start taking them jokers serious!

[size=18pt]Fresh Air!
[/size]
Re: Too Many Odds Against You Mr President. by Nobody: 5:37am On Jun 01, 2012
SW is too advance to fall for a cheap man who make right decision @ d wrong time and wrong decision @ d right time.....

Am still expecting another insult on our heroes in SW by dis Canoe Man..........oya now........!!!!
Re: Too Many Odds Against You Mr President. by Nobody: 5:39am On Jun 01, 2012
SW is too advance to fall for a cheap man who make right decision @ d wrong time and wrong decision @ d right time.....

Am still expecting another insult on our heroes in SW by dis Canoe Man..........oya now........!!!!

Using Novels to rule Nigeria...........na wa oooo.......Mr GEJ step up joooor,this is too babyish.............
Re: Too Many Odds Against You Mr President. by Beaf: 5:50am On Jun 01, 2012
blacksta: All hail the president of the Ijaw Nation -

You are a stup!d and frustrated bigot.

Fresh Air! cool
Re: Too Many Odds Against You Mr President. by sheyguy: 8:16am On Jun 01, 2012
Beaf is that all u can say? I was expecting more from you. Well if you ask me, the man is more of a Ijaw/SS president than the Nigerian president. The feeling of insecurity in him and his few fans is clearly getting the best of them.
Re: Too Many Odds Against You Mr President. by Beaf: 8:29am On Jun 01, 2012
sheyguy: Beaf is that all u can say? I was expecting more from you. Well if you ask me, the man is more of a Ijaw/SS president than the Nigerian president. The feeling of insecurity in him and his few fans is clearly getting the best of them.

I wasn't responding to you, bro. Stop seeking my notice.
You have 3 more years of reumy eyed frustration and I have 3 more years of entertainment, watching your your ethnic bigotry make you itch and squirm like you are running totally mad. Its your perculiar dance with Satan... Enthralling to man and beast alike.
...And then we'll have a repeat from 2015. Lol!

Fresh Air! cool
Re: Too Many Odds Against You Mr President. by Nobody: 8:44am On Jun 01, 2012

[b]Rather, GEJ naively created all this oddities, and its no wonder why every matured statesmen are jumping his pdp ship which is headed for rocks. Come 2015, if we have a transparent, rig-free election, GEJ would woefully lose, no matter the amount of bribery or campaign.
I have a brother who was once a LG Chairman in Ogun State. Once he got sworn in, he thought it was just a favor, rather than treat it as position where a great deal of attitudinal change is required; he surrounded himself with his old buddies. He never made 2nd term, and was one of the eclipsed PDP member in the SW. The last time he was in an event in Iyewa, the local boys made sure he was robbed, his car stolen, and disgraced because he failed everyone. He'd good intentions, but rather surrounded himself with charlatans, and opportunists, who cant give a definition to their job and functions. Etc: Look at the guy called Beaf on nairaland, someone who is supposed to run a PR (Public Relation) campaign for the presidency. PR is all about winning people mind, foster mutual understanding, and winning more publics for the president, but you'd have a wonderful laugh, and be rolling on your back when you see the guy cursing, and hurling criticisms at any squint of opposition. Same goes for roughly 90% appointments the president made. They are all PDP, all friends of a friend, and that's about the only important criteria. GEJ could still save himself. Get the right people for the job, and actually leave his facebook advisers, and start meeting with real professionals. Besides that, he will fade away soon like all the rulers before him. His choice.[/b]

1 Like

Re: Too Many Odds Against You Mr President. by bisi16(m): 9:05am On Jun 01, 2012
Jona d mumu is reading A,B,C from behind...
Re: Too Many Odds Against You Mr President. by Demdem(m): 9:05am On Jun 01, 2012
Pukkah:

I agree with you. Jonathan Goodluck is simply acting like Goodluck Jonathan.

A man cannot give what he does not have. Can a goat give birth to a lion? Jonathan is doing his best; the very best he can do. But that very best grossly falls below the minimum standards expected of a President of a fast-paced, under-developed country like ours. So do not expect any magic from the man. He's already delivering the best going by his own mediocre standards.

Have you listened to his speeches, especially extempore, before? He's unable to string his thoughts together to form clear and correct sentences; yet he's supposed to be a PhD holder. This is a sign of his quality of mind and intelligence.

But he has PHd in Zoology nau?
Re: Too Many Odds Against You Mr President. by FindOut(m): 9:10am On Jun 01, 2012
PointB:

[size=18pt]
Fresh Air![/size]

Honestly speaking, no offence, your post sounds like a satirical piece, full of 'sarcasm'. You cannot honestly believe all you typed up dere. 22 million people don't regret their votes?? That must be the 'truth' of the year. If elections are repeated today, even wt Mr. Ribadu & Gen. so called Bigot Buhari as opponents, i'm fairly confident that GEJ won't win up to 10 states. & even if u try to deny this, in your heart of hearts, u know it is TRUE
Re: Too Many Odds Against You Mr President. by Pukkah: 9:15am On Jun 01, 2012
Demdem:

It is one thing to carry around a laminated certificate, it is another thing to be able to defend what the certificate says. For now, all I see is a man parading a certificate.

Success in life or at an endeavour is not so much about certificates but about what the person has got inside; some or all of which may not be certificated.
Re: Too Many Odds Against You Mr President. by Demdem(m): 9:25am On Jun 01, 2012
Pukkah:

It is one thing to carry around a laminated certificate, it is another thing to be able to defend what the certificate says. For now, all I see is a man parading a certificate.

Success in life or at an endeavour is not so much about certificates but about what the person has got inside; some or all of which may not be certificated.

In summarily u are basically saying my President, The Retardeen is Dumb. An empty barrel. na wa ooo
Re: Too Many Odds Against You Mr President. by Pukkah: 9:27am On Jun 01, 2012
Demdem:

Demdem:

In summarily u are basically saying my President, The Retardeen is Dumb. An empty barrel. na wa ooo

He supposedly holds a PhD in Zoology but still made embarrassing 'un-zoological' comments such as “we are diverse in terms of different human species" shocked shocked shocked shocked

Isn't there only one human specie? embarassed
Re: Too Many Odds Against You Mr President. by Demdem(m): 9:29am On Jun 01, 2012
Pukkah:

He supposedly holds a PhD in Zoology but still made embarrassing 'un-zoological' comments such as “we are diverse in terms of different human species" shocked shocked shocked shocked

Isn't there only one human specie? embarassed

Nop, we also have the Ijaw specie. Those bought up with a daily dose of "Oyel" and "kai-kai". Abegii not all of them sha ooo
Re: Too Many Odds Against You Mr President. by Pukkah: 9:33am On Jun 01, 2012
PointB:

[size=18pt]
Fresh Air![/size]

The good thing about life is that liars, con artists, artful dodgers, deceivers, propagandists, etc know themselves even when their victims are gullible or unsuspecting.

Every reasonable person that is acting reasonably usually knows the difference between good performance and a bad one based on specific and generally accepted standards.

I wish them well all those who wish Nigeria well, and vice versa.

Lastly, it is only someone that is genuinely asleep that you can wake up and not someone that is pretending to be asleep.
Re: Too Many Odds Against You Mr President. by Pukkah: 9:42am On Jun 01, 2012
PointB:

As for the 'sectional' part of your post, I could not find a more apt response than the following (from another thread):

tpia@:

as per your senseless post- THE WHOLE WORLD knows its always the yorubas who sing one love like eni ti won fun ni nkan je.

when the southwest led the t shirt march to install gej in power, of course you wouldnt see ethnicity then.

when obasanjo put gej in aso rock, you didnt see his ethnicity then.

bozo.
Re: Too Many Odds Against You Mr President. by PointB: 9:51am On Jun 01, 2012
Find Out!:

Honestly speaking, no offence, your post sounds like a satirical piece, full of 'sarcasm'. You cannot honestly believe all you typed up dere. 22 million people don't regret their votes?? That must be the 'truth' of the year. If elections are repeated today, even wt Mr. Ribadu & Gen. so called Bigot Buhari as opponents, i'm fairly confident that GEJ won't win up to 10 states. & even if u try to deny this, in your heart of hearts, u know it is TRUE

No my friend you are the wrong one here. I meant every word I said. There is no planet where Buhari, will defeat GEJ in any election. Perhaps on Nairaland as we saw the last time. Your Buhari is perpetually unelectable! Even, most Nigerians will vote Ibori before considering your Buhari Boko Haram of Corpers slayers fame.

Against Buhari in another face-off, GEJ will win all the SS/SE state, half of the SW states including Lagos, and a sizable amount of state in the NC. Your Buhari will still struggle to gain 5% vote in Southern State. I wonder why many of you fail to understand that Buhari is a very bad market! Get someone with a breath of [size=28pt]Fresh Air! [/size]
Re: Too Many Odds Against You Mr President. by Johndoe100(m): 9:53am On Jun 01, 2012
Johndoe100: When i read threads like this I always wonder if the inhabhtants of NL live on another planet. Well, we will b .itch slap you again at the next election. Sad.

Yoruba's causing problems as always!!!
Re: Too Many Odds Against You Mr President. by Demdem(m): 9:53am On Jun 01, 2012
emmmmn,

Just for the records,

Evil Boko = PDP while,
PDP = Evil Boko.
Source : NSA.

Let the discussions continue cool cool
Re: Too Many Odds Against You Mr President. by PointB: 9:59am On Jun 01, 2012
Johndoe100:

(Mostly them) without doubt! With the Pull Him Down attitude they are exhibiting against the President simply because he is from the minority!

Rascally lots!

At these rate some of them will have HBP, worrying over nothing!
Re: Too Many Odds Against You Mr President. by Pukkah: 10:01am On Jun 01, 2012
Johndoe100:

Your post is unintelligible. What are you trying to say in clear terms?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria Suicide Bomber Kills Orderly To The Emir Of Fika In Potiskum. / Confused Fashola Paid USD500000 For Kim Kardashian & Nobody's Talking? / If Obama Is Not Kenyan, Then Michael Adebolajo Is Definitely Not Nigerian!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.